Political discussions
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:52 am

They're your people (pseudo-progressive, illiberal mini-Bernies) so I'll take your word that respect/sympathy have zero to do with what they want.

I'm not a gun person so I wish I didn't need one. Unfortunately, it looks like having one is the smart move so I'll get one. I'll also get a gun locker so a houseless person can't break in while I'm out, find it and use it on me when I return.
Going with a fingerprint, keypad or key gun locker?

I have thought about the fingerprint one as in a panic situation it would be quicker to use but haven't had a chance to try one out yet.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:56 am

They're your people (pseudo-progressive, illiberal mini-Bernies) so I'll take your word that respect/sympathy have zero to do with what they want.

I'm not a gun person so I wish I didn't need one. Unfortunately, it looks like having one is the smart move so I'll get one. I'll also get a gun locker so a houseless person can't break in while I'm out, find it and use it on me when I return.
mini-Bernies would be doing a better job :coffee:

And use small shot that will stay in the room - don't want to kill your neighbor while he's taking a shit if you miss the target.
Maybe he doesn’t like his neighbor either? :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

And use small shot that will stay in the room - don't want to kill your neighbor while he's taking a shit if you miss the target.
Who do you think runs Portland? Mini-Bernies through and through. And like Bernie they're all incompetent boobs. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:18 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:39 pm Stay safe '88.

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/10/08/ ... ry-n421193
It's a downward spiral that Portland's elected leaders don't understand and can't figure out how to address.

They've allowed the homeless to build camps in a variety of places because they want to respect the economically disadvantaged, mentally ill, addicts, etc. and they don't care about the impact on working people or property/business owners. Homeless camps have become a haven for drugs and violence that spills out into nearby neighborhoods. They waited way too long to start sweeping the homeless camps and the drugs and violence have become a part of the culture that follows them from camp to camp. Drive-by shootings and shoot-outs are becoming more common.

Add in the low morale, staffing shortages, and operational constraints placed on the Portland police and you have a recipe for violence and crime spiraling out of control. The results of defunding the police are being felt but city leaders don't have the courage to admit it.

I live in Portland but I vote and receive services from a nearby suburb. That's good for me because I have a lot more faith that suburban police will show up if there's a call than I do in the Portland police. There's a homeless camp a 1/4 mile from my moorage and I'm thankful that the moorage owner put in a security gate to enter the parking lot from Marine Drive. If it wasn't there my car would be getting broken into on a regular basis.

There is also a security gate to go down the ramp to my dock so a tweaker would need to swim to get to my house which actually happened earlier this week. Some dude climbed down the levee on the vacant lot next to my moorage and then walked along the shore to the shortest point to swim to my dock. He swam across buck naked and then broke into a neighbor's house and took a shower. The police were called and were waiting for him when he exited. He told them his "aura" told him to jump in the river and swim over.

I hear gunshots and street racers on Marine Drive at night on a regular basis. The homeless have also been filling in the path along Marine Drive that I used to like to walk when the weather was iffy. It's a great recreational path that is no longer safe. The houseless are obtaining some great waterfront property ...

I lived in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago so I know how to be careful but I have been thinking that it's time to take Cid and 93's advice on a shotgun. If someone takes me out it will likely be random bad luck.

Let me know if Kalm.1 needs a guardian angel.
Sounds like you live in the wrong place.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:49 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:18 am

It's a downward spiral that Portland's elected leaders don't understand and can't figure out how to address.

They've allowed the homeless to build camps in a variety of places because they want to respect the economically disadvantaged, mentally ill, addicts, etc. and they don't care about the impact on working people or property/business owners. Homeless camps have become a haven for drugs and violence that spills out into nearby neighborhoods. They waited way too long to start sweeping the homeless camps and the drugs and violence have become a part of the culture that follows them from camp to camp. Drive-by shootings and shoot-outs are becoming more common.

Add in the low morale, staffing shortages, and operational constraints placed on the Portland police and you have a recipe for violence and crime spiraling out of control. The results of defunding the police are being felt but city leaders don't have the courage to admit it.

I live in Portland but I vote and receive services from a nearby suburb. That's good for me because I have a lot more faith that suburban police will show up if there's a call than I do in the Portland police. There's a homeless camp a 1/4 mile from my moorage and I'm thankful that the moorage owner put in a security gate to enter the parking lot from Marine Drive. If it wasn't there my car would be getting broken into on a regular basis.

There is also a security gate to go down the ramp to my dock so a tweaker would need to swim to get to my house which actually happened earlier this week. Some dude climbed down the levee on the vacant lot next to my moorage and then walked along the shore to the shortest point to swim to my dock. He swam across buck naked and then broke into a neighbor's house and took a shower. The police were called and were waiting for him when he exited. He told them his "aura" told him to jump in the river and swim over.

I hear gunshots and street racers on Marine Drive at night on a regular basis. The homeless have also been filling in the path along Marine Drive that I used to like to walk when the weather was iffy. It's a great recreational path that is no longer safe. The houseless are obtaining some great waterfront property ...

I lived in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago so I know how to be careful but I have been thinking that it's time to take Cid and 93's advice on a shotgun. If someone takes me out it will likely be random bad luck.

Let me know if Kalm.1 needs a guardian angel.
Sounds like you live in the wrong place.
Is it a blue state? Then yes, it’s the wrong place.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Andy Ngo getting chased by "just an idea". Weren't there some people (looking at you DBJ) claiming he made this assault up?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Shoot on sight.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Maybe this will help take some of the pressure off of Seattle…

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am

Maybe he doesn’t like his neighbor either? :coffee:
:lol:

good point....
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:16 pm Andy Ngo getting chased by "just an idea". Weren't there some people (looking at you DBJ) claiming he made this assault up?

Weasels ripped my flesh!

:rofl:

With my heart racing, I could see the shadows ofthe Antifa following me....

..those who had been baying for my blood for two years had me in their literal grip

I pleaded like a madman for the night staff to call police "Call 911. Call 911. They're going to kill me"

The two staff on duty refused and said I needed to leave the property ( :rofl: )

I got on my knees behind the desk and continued pleading ( :lmao: )

Andy Ngo and the NYPost....apogee of American literature... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by houndawg on Mon May 30, 2022 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:16 pm Andy Ngo getting chased by "just an idea". Weren't there some people (looking at you DBJ) claiming he made this assault up?

Fake. All of it. :roll:

Staged with crisis actors. :coffee:

As if any man would post vid of himself groveling while a girl tells him she' gonna "...beat the fuck out of you, bitch" :rofl:

you people.... :ohno:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I-5 exit into Seattle downtown area. I've been on this exit and it's pretty nasty, but holy hell the exit isn't that bad.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:04 am I-5 exit into Seattle downtown area. I've been on this exit and it's pretty nasty, but holy hell the exit isn't that bad.

Ice on the road?
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:32 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:04 am I-5 exit into Seattle downtown area. I've been on this exit and it's pretty nasty, but holy hell the exit isn't that bad.

Ice on the road?
Just California drivers in the area. They all like to announce their arrival in the PNW.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JALMOND wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:23 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:32 pm

Ice on the road?
Just California drivers in the area. They all like to announce their arrival in the PNW.
I don't doubt it. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:48 pm
JALMOND wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:23 pm

They're all from CA at some point. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:14 am
SDHornet wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:48 pm

Yep, shit libtard policies have crushed the working class in CA.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:26 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:14 am

Nobody is making you stay. Not that the rest of the nation doesn't hope you will of course
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:29 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:26 pm

Nobody is making you stay. Not that the rest of the nation doesn't hope you will of course
I'm making plenty of coin and paying a 2013 house note with inflated 2022 dollars. Life is great in the SDH household, wish I could say the same for the common CA resident.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:34 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:29 pm

I'm making plenty of coin and paying a 2013 house note with inflated 2022 dollars. Life is great in the SDH household, wish I could say the same for the common CA resident.
You're concern is very touching and an inspiration to us all...don't sell the house don't sell the car you just stay right where you are and hold whatcha got....like the song says
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:42 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:34 pm

You're concern is very touching and an inspiration to us all...don't sell the house don't sell the car you just stay right where you are and hold whatcha got....like the song says
The beauty of buying in 2013 is that even if housing prices drop, I'll still be in the green on mine. :mrgreen:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:49 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:42 pm

The beauty of buying in 2013 is that even if housing prices drop, I'll still be in the green on mine. :mrgreen:
We've been paid off for so long it doesn't matter what prices do. House, barns, cement pond, 25acres, $87,000. Taxes- $2,200. :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:03 pm

We've been paid off for so long it doesn't matter what prices do. House, barns, cement pond, 25acres, $87,000. Taxes- $2,200. :thumb:
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chicago really skews the numbers, downtate is very affordable