UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Post by UNI88 »

CitadelGrad wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:29 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:44 am
When are you going to get from behind your keyboard and get it done?
You have no idea what I'm doing or not doing.
CG and a buddy heading for Kenosha ...
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:37 pm

Those two idiots are from an open carry demonstration here in Texas 5 years ago...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

More troubles in Portland...the Governor announces a plan to beef up law enforcement in the city, but the problem is she didn’t talk to the various sheriffs she “volunteered” to send officers to Portland...

https://katu.com/news/local/clackamas-c ... eriff-says
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Col Hogan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:50 pm
Those two idiots are from an open carry demonstration here in Texas 5 years ago...
CG gets around.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CG(right) and Cid1990(left) at a Citadel reunion, hosted by Chipotle.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:02 pm I'll answer your first question only because the other two are dependent on it:

The underlying problem is the entire legal system, from the Constitution downwards. I can't continually repeat what I've said many times before, but in short, we should start over in a democratic way and craft a new Constitution and gov't. For centuries our Constitution has allowed for a flawed, unjust, unequal, and undemocratic government. It works for those it was crafted for, but it fails so many others.

Once a real and healthy democracy is established, the rest gets answered from there.

And I'm of the type that thinks it's ok that nations don't last forever. If there's a dissolution of the United States, that may possibly be an even more democratic solution to the problem at hand. There's little reason so many people need to share one federal government.
But you didn't answer the question. I guess you kinda did - the legal system, but it's such a broad answer that it doesn't actually give any information. What are the specific problems you're trying to address? How would you structure a legal system to avoid those problems? Is there a legal system you'd model it after? Etc.

Maybe you don't know how to solve all of those problems (whatever they are) but you have faith that a "real and healthy democracy" would be able to find the answers? What is a real and healthy democracy?

There's no shame in not having all of the answers. But you can't seem to even define the most basic terms in your rhetoric (like what a real and healthy democracy is, or what kind of representation you think would work better, or what legal system would be more just).
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CitadelGrad wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:31 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:04 am

You just have to lash out after the beatdown you’re taking on here from your schoolmate.
Beatdown?
Yup. CID pwned you pretty good. You’re as bad with BDS (Black Derangement Syndrome) as JSO is with TDS. You’re probably cooped up in a cubicle in a middle management job that you hate, and you have to release that pent-up hostility somehow. Too bad.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:27 pm
Beatdown?
Yup. CID pwned you pretty good. You’re as bad with BDS (Black Derangement Syndrome) as JSO is with TDS. You’re probably cooped up in a cubicle in a middle management job that you hate reporting to a black female who you think you're more qualified than, and you have to release that pent-up hostility somehow. Too bad.
FYP
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:02 pm I'll answer your first question only because the other two are dependent on it:

The underlying problem is the entire legal system, from the Constitution downwards. I can't continually repeat what I've said many times before, but in short, we should start over in a democratic way and craft a new Constitution and gov't. For centuries our Constitution has allowed for a flawed, unjust, unequal, and undemocratic government. It works for those it was crafted for, but it fails so many others.

Once a real and healthy democracy is established, the rest gets answered from there.

And I'm of the type that thinks it's ok that nations don't last forever. If there's a dissolution of the United States, that may possibly be an even more democratic solution to the problem at hand. There's little reason so many people need to share one federal government.
:dunce: .... :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:53 pm

:dunce: .... :rofl:
Here comes trip again.....his solutions to everything: fix a crack in the windshield with a sledgehammer. :rofl: :rofl: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Beatdown?
Yup. CID pwned you pretty good. You’re as bad with BDS (Black Derangement Syndrome) as JSO is with TDS. You’re probably cooped up in a cubicle in a middle management job that you hate, and you have to release that pent-up hostility somehow. Too bad.
Not even close. Haven't sat in a cubicle in over 20 years. Haven't worked in a corporate setting for even longer. I rather like my job.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

I'm older than they are but also fitter with a much better sense of fashion.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Treep’s idea is all fine and dandy until you get to the point where each state in the Republic balks at surrendering its sovereignty in service to his grand plan

He’s emboldened because he’s fallen into the same trap literally every other crackpot progressive has: that they are actually approaching a political majority - fueled by the illusion of internet and social media echo chambers.

The US may one day cease to operate as a representative republic and surrender to the banal tyranny of the majority (minus several states). But the reality is that none of us will be alive to see it. So it’s an entertaining thought exercise at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:09 pm CG(right) and Cid1990(left) at a Citadel reunion, hosted by Chipotle.
I doubt CID would carry his gun like that.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:15 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:33 am

Thats how you deal with nazis. You kill them. We learned this back in the 40s. Lets see how tough these militia cunts are when they finally figure out that they aren't the only ones with guns. Looks like self-defense all the way. :coffee:
:lol: Fail.
He went looking for a gunfight and he found one. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:09 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:33 am

Thats how you deal with nazis. You kill them. We learned this back in the 40s. Lets see how tough these militia cunts are when they finally figure out that they aren't the only ones with guns. Looks like self-defense all the way. :coffee:
Friends of Portland Man Slain Amid Protest Say He’s Been Falsely Portrayed
Aaron J. Danielson was not a radical, he was not a racist, he was not a fascist. He was a freedom-loving American who died expressing his beliefs, a right which is given to all of us through the Constitution.
He was a thug that went Portland looking for trouble. Instead he got pwned by the libtards.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:24 am Treep’s idea is all fine and dandy until you get to the point where each state in the Republic balks at surrendering its sovereignty in service to his grand plan

He’s emboldened because he’s fallen into the same trap literally every other crackpot progressive has: that they are actually approaching a political majority - fueled by the illusion of internet and social media echo chambers.

The US may one day cease to operate as a representative republic and surrender to the banal tyranny of the majority (minus several states). But the reality is that none of us will be alive to see it. So it’s an entertaining thought exercise at this point.

Citizens United was the coup de grace and the revolting choice of nominees is the proof -we're just the corpse flopping around on the floor and bleeding out now. The Soviet Union went down real fast at the end
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:44 am

When are you going to get from behind your keyboard and get it done?
Oh, please enlighten us.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:10 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:59 am

Trip, I don't think you are a violent person but I do think that when you don't condemn it, you are tacitly approving the rioting and looting (silence is violence). I also think that the path you want this country to follow will lead to violence and death (and the loss of freedom and economic prosperity). You are too naive or myopic and too sure of the righteousness of your vision to be able to see this. Of course, this is all perception based on interaction on a football message board so I could very well be wrong. I would love to debate these things over a beer.
Reading MLK made me realize there's a stark difference between promoting and understanding violence.

By your logic, I think you approve of violence by not condemning the systemic items in place which 'cause people to live sickly, meager, or oppressed lives. Of course I don't agree with your logic, but drawn out violence and immediate violence is still violence.
We've been told by your group that silence is consent. So how is your silence not consent?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:55 pm Your first point alludes to the "great man" theory which I vehemently oppose (and may have mentioned before). There's a ton of criticism on it so I'm sure whatever you find, I probably agree with. If you ever read it, "War and Peace" criticizes the theory too.

As to your second point, mob rule is all too real except the people rioting are not the mob (but the mob projects it as such). And I can tell they've "shocked" you with their demands which are legit. But that's the thing, the system doesn't allow these demands to be "legitimate" because it's meant to protect the people who create the system, so it's "shocking" when people (which the system doesn't protect) make them.
You didn't answer my question. I didn't ask for philosophy or theories. I asked for your opinion.

Carlyle's main thrust is that great men were born that way. I disagree.
I didn't say leaders were born, not made. You want to honestly sit there and tell me that visionaries, strong and powerful men HAVEN'T built economic systems? Haven't changed the world we live in? Ordinary people can effect change, sure. But to your example of our legal and economic systems - those weren't put together by ordinary people. Alexander Hamilton was not your average lawyer. He was made...not born.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:41 pm No, but certainly a lot better and equal representation.
More representation, yes. Not the 10,000 you want. That's insane. We do need a bigger house. I think I've read that 900ish is the number we should be at. As populations have risen, representation hasn't and that's because of a 1929 law.
:twocents:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:09 pm CG(right) and Cid1990(left) at a Citadel reunion, hosted by Chipotle.
CID would pistol whip those choads. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID would pistol whip those choads. :coffee:
I just let him snipe... it’s really all he’s got at this point, and I don’t revel in taking candy from babies

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CitadelGrad wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:35 pm

Not even close. Haven't sat in a cubicle in over 20 years. Haven't worked in a corporate setting for even longer. I rather like my job.
Executive Director of the Sons of the Confederacy?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:05 am

You didn't answer my question. I didn't ask for philosophy or theories. I asked for your opinion.

Carlyle's main thrust is that great men were born that way. I disagree.
I didn't say leaders were born, not made. You want to honestly sit there and tell me that visionaries, strong and powerful men HAVEN'T built economic systems? Haven't changed the world we live in? Ordinary people can effect change, sure. But to your example of our legal and economic systems - those weren't put together by ordinary people. Alexander Hamilton was not your average lawyer. He was made...not born.
I agree as well. Everybody enters the world the same: wet, naked and screaming. What you do after that is up to you. Famous or great people were not that way before what ever made them great, they are considered great/powerful because they made a choice to build something (nations, companies, scientific discoveries, etc) and then became how we remember them today.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein