New psychology research finds extreme protest actions reduce popular support for social movements

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: New psychology research finds extreme protest actions reduce popular support for social movements

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:22 pm I agree with that. :thumb:

Bashing heads with shields is more violent. That was also done... to the damn Australian press on live TV. :lol:
Don't forget the swing of a baton at the small female reporter while her back is towards the police as she runs away...

...a clear threat if ever I've seen one.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: New psychology research finds extreme protest actions reduce popular support for social movements

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:57 pm Honestly, who the fuck cares what was used?

The point is they were give a specific time to clear out, and were subsequently sprayed, gassed, beaten, whatever before that time arrived while peacefully protesting...for a photo-op...at a church where the bishop scolded Trump for his behavior.

Stop defending this sh*t.
Agreed. IF they were peacefully protesting.

And I don’t care enough to actually look up whether they were peaceful or not.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:45 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:57 pm Honestly, who the fuck cares what was used?

The point is they were give a specific time to clear out, and were subsequently sprayed, gassed, beaten, whatever before that time arrived while peacefully protesting...for a photo-op...at a church where the bishop scolded Trump for his behavior.

Stop defending this sh*t.

and yet you say our police are not disgracing themselves in front of the world
followed by I won't fact check or verify - but they are not disgracing themselves

okee dokee

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:59 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:45 pm

followed by I won't fact check or verify - but they are not disgracing themselves

okee dokee

I’ve not got the burden of proof. YOU have stated repeatedly “they” are disgracing themselves in front of the world. But provide no logic or reasoning as to how you arrived at that brilliant conclusion. Just keep repeating it like an MSNBC desk jockey until you’re convinced it’s true.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I don't care what the cops use as long as they do it early, often and a lot.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:09 am I don't care what the cops use as long as they do it early, often and a lot.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
You are a walking dichotomy. :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:53 am
Chizzang wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:59 pm

okee dokee

I’ve not got the burden of proof. YOU have stated repeatedly “they” are disgracing themselves in front of the world. But provide no logic or reasoning as to how you arrived at that brilliant conclusion. Just keep repeating it like an MSNBC desk jockey until you’re convinced it’s true.
Nice :lol:

There's only 100 hours of footage of police roughing up foreign reporters and news staff and people actually "sitting down"
but yeah... whatever - please stick your head back in the sand while this blows over
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

There were thousands of protestors in DC yesterday. Not a single arrest.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:49 pm
Well, either Nathan Baca, or the US Park Police, is lying.
UPDATE June 3, 2020:
As is consistent with our established practices and procedures, two United States Park Police officers have been assigned to administrative duties while an investigation takes place regarding the incident with the Australian Press.

NOTE: USPP officers and other assisting law enforcement partners did not use tear gas or OC Skat Shells to close the area at Lafayette Park on Monday, June 1.
https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_2_2 ... onahan.htm
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:16 pm There were thousands of protestors in DC yesterday. Not a single arrest.
So what are you implying?
The police let people get away with things or the police couldn't apprehend anyone?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:09 pm

There's only 100 hours of footage of police roughing up foreign reporters and news staff and people actually "sitting down"
but yeah... whatever - please stick your head back in the sand while this blows over
100 hours? Damn, that's a lot. :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Yeah, ok. :roll:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Honestly it’s exhausting. I’ve given up trying to keep up on it all.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:17 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:49 pm
Well, either Nathan Baca, or the US Park Police, is lying.
UPDATE June 3, 2020:
As is consistent with our established practices and procedures, two United States Park Police officers have been assigned to administrative duties while an investigation takes place regarding the incident with the Australian Press.

NOTE: USPP officers and other assisting law enforcement partners did not use tear gas or OC Skat Shells to close the area at Lafayette Park on Monday, June 1.
https://www.nps.gov/subjects/uspp/6_2_2 ... onahan.htm
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/inve ... 740e9cf61d
An attorney for DC Police said in court, for the first time, that the department did indeed use tear gas on protesters around Lafayette Square Park last June. Protesters and the ACLU are suing federal police, and MPD, over their use of tear gas.

It seems they were.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17