I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:21 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:17 pm
Applies well to all the blm riots over the past year or so. :coffee:
Except for the corruption part. :coffee:
:suspicious:

Corruption comes in many forms. I would argue that the Multnomah County DA is corrupt in prosecuting Proud Boy/Patriot Prayer agitators while giving AnTiFa/BLM rioters and looters a pass. I would argue that it is corrupt to treat the Capitol rioters more harshly than the AnTiFa/BLM rioters.

Thinking that liberals and progressives aren't corrupt doesn't make it so. Their corruption may be different but it is still there and the "righteousness" of their cause doesn't absolve them of it.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Antifa/BLM protestors who broke the law should be prosecuted. Same as those that stormed the Capitol and broke the law.

IMO, the Capitol rioters were more openly brazen and made it really easy to prosecute them. The Oath Keeper / Proud Boys etc. that were openly planning it beforehand also make it easier.

I know you scoff "Lol. liberals says antifa isn't an organized group" - but, this would be a good example of why that is true and why that matters. Who is the antifa leader? Were they planning any violence? Who even is the antifa leader? :? Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were planning in advance and had a command structure that is being charged with conspiracy. I don't think you can say the same for antifa or blm.
Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:54 pm Antifa/BLM protestors who broke the law should be prosecuted. Same as those that stormed the Capitol and broke the law.

IMO, the Capitol rioters were more openly brazen and made it really easy to prosecute them. The Oath Keeper / Proud Boys etc. that we're planning it beforehand also make it easier.

I know you scoff at "Lol. liberals says antifa isn't an organized group" - but, this would be a good example of why that is true and why that matters. Who is the antifa leader? Were they planning any violent protests? Who even is the antifa leader? :? Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were planning in advance and had a command structure that is being charged with conspiracy.
The Capitol rioters were dumber and more openly brazen.

AnTiFa may not be organized at a national level they do have organization at local levels. Rose City AnTiFa has a website. They use TOR to hide their identities but there is some organization. There were stories in the local news about how protesters were using social media to coordinate their efforts. Federal authorities have gone after the Jan 6 rioters but Portland/Multnomah County authorities haven't gone after the AnTiFa/BLM rioters. There are other groups such as the Pacific Northwest Youth Liberation Front and there are social media trails that authorities choose not to follow, treating liberal groups differently than conservative groups.

Different standards of justice based on ideology is no better than different standards based on skin color.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:19 pm
dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:49 am

None needed. CIA still says they have Moderate confidence (which means likely) based on on the ground sources. NSA can't confirm only because no messages they can pick up mentioned it.
The Russian bounty narrative has been debunked.

You carrying jelly's water on a Russia Russia Russia narrative is just :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO it wasn't. Sorry but your source is incorrect. The Biden Admin says it views it with mid-confidence - as I explained above, the two agencies have differing view points. Not denied or debunked at all.
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:54 pm Antifa/BLM protestors who broke the law should be prosecuted. Same as those that stormed the Capitol and broke the law.

IMO, the Capitol rioters were more openly brazen and made it really easy to prosecute them. The Oath Keeper / Proud Boys etc. that were openly planning it beforehand also make it easier.

I know you scoff "Lol. liberals says antifa isn't an organized group" - but, this would be a good example of why that is true and why that matters. Who is the antifa leader? Were they planning any violence? Who even is the antifa leader? :? Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were planning in advance and had a command structure that is being charged with conspiracy. I don't think you can say the same for antifa or blm.
Lol at liberals who say AnTiFa is an “idea”.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm

Corruption comes in many forms. I would argue that the Multnomah County DA is corrupt in prosecuting Proud Boy/Patriot Prayer agitators while giving AnTiFa/BLM rioters and looters a pass. I would argue that it is corrupt to treat the Capitol rioters more harshly than the AnTiFa/BLM rioters.

Thinking that liberals and progressives aren't corrupt doesn't make it so. Their corruption may be different but it is still there and the "righteousness" of their cause doesn't absolve them of it.
Nobody here thinks BLM rioters should not be prosecuted. I think Kennedy was referring to a higher corruption. EG: 140 members of congress and right wing news justifying Jan 6th and the likes of Seagriz buying it.

Does it happen on the left? Sure. But as you said, they’re not the same.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:17 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm

Nobody here thinks BLM rioters should not be prosecuted. I think Kennedy was referring to a higher corruption. EG: 140 members of congress and right wing news justifying Jan 6th and the likes of Seagriz buying it.

The Capitol riot is the offspring of the AnTiFa/BLM riots. They're not the same but there are similarities and each is worse than the other in different ways.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:17 pm
Applies well to all the blm riots over the past year or so. :coffee:
Speaking of corrupt Democrats ...

Alderman Ed Burke is 'thoroughly corrupt,'
Federal prosecutors accuse the former chair of the city's Finance Committee of being "thoroughly corrupt and worthy of prosecution." They say Burke abused his office for personal gain, and time and time again, they wrote, Burke "shamelessly tied official action to his law firm's receipt of business."
Chicago's longest-serving alderman makes Trump look like a piker when it comes to corruption.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:35 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:17 pm

The Capitol riot is the offspring of the AnTiFa/BLM riots. They're not the same but there are similarities and each is worse than the other in different ways.
I think you’re right and it’s reflected in the 2nd RFK meme. Attachment to an unchanging America that never really existed.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:32 pm

Federal prosecutors accuse the former chair of the city's Finance Committee of being "thoroughly corrupt and worthy of prosecution." They say Burke abused his office for personal gain, and time and time again, they wrote, Burke "shamelessly tied official action to his law firm's receipt of business."
Chicago's longest-serving alderman makes Trump look like a piker when it comes to corruption.
Corruption? In a big city! GtFO!

(You know you really don’t have to convince me that both sides do it, right? :mrgreen: )
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:35 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:32 pm

(You know you really don’t have to convince me that both sides do it, right? :mrgreen: )
Burke is an anachronism, a Tammany Hall-type politician who was doing this kind of stuff when I moved to Chicago in 1988. The kicker, Burke's wife is a state supreme court judge that the machine has always counted on to help defeat anything that threatened their power like independent redistricting.

Fortunately, the Chicago machine has been getting its azz kicked and might be dying. We'll have to wait to see if the replacement is an improvement.

I know you know both sides do it, I'm just trying to help you understand that one side isn't really worse than the other.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:49 am
kalm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:35 am

Burke is an anachronism, a Tammany Hall-type politician who was doing this kind of stuff when I moved to Chicago in 1988. The kicker, Burke's wife is a state supreme court judge that the machine has always counted on to help defeat anything that threatened their power like independent redistricting.

Fortunately, the Chicago machine has been getting its azz kicked and might be dying. We'll have to wait to see if the replacement is an improvement.

I know you know both sides do it, I'm just trying to help you understand that one side isn't really worse than the other.
Well that’s a loaded statement. If I look it purely out of selfishness, one side is clearly better. The Republicans.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:12 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:49 am

Well that’s a loaded statement. If I look it purely out of selfishness, one side is clearly better. The Republicans.
How are the Republicans clearly better? And over what timeframe?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:20 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:19 pm

The Russian bounty narrative has been debunked.

You carrying jelly's water on a Russia Russia Russia narrative is just :lol: :lol: :lol:
NO it wasn't. Sorry but your source is incorrect. The Biden Admin says it views it with mid-confidence - as I explained above, the two agencies have differing view points. Not denied or debunked at all.
Now, however, the Biden administration says the U.S. intelligence community only ever had “low to moderate” confidence in the bounty allegation, the Daily Beast reports, adding, “Translated from the jargon of spyworld, that means the intelligence agencies have found the story is, at best, unproven – and possibly untrue.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1fGUwy

:coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:34 pm
dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:20 pm

Now, however, the Biden administration says the U.S. intelligence community only ever had “low to moderate” confidence in the bounty allegation, the Daily Beast reports, adding, “Translated from the jargon of spyworld, that means the intelligence agencies have found the story is, at best, unproven – and possibly untrue.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1fGUwy

:coffee:
Dback gets destroyed yet again.. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:24 am
kalm wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:12 am

Lower taxes, property rights, freedom.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:20 am Where's my Russian bounty apology?
None needed. CIA still says they have Moderate confidence (which means likely) based on on the ground sources. NSA can't confirm only because no messages they can pick up mentioned it.
Jon - I’d be very curious about your source that says CIA holds the bounty story in moderate confidence. Where was this published?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:31 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:24 am
Lower taxes, property rights, freedom.
Are you feeling ok? This isn't your usual schtick.

I thought we were talking about corruption.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

dbackjon wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:26 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:49 pm
I have no idea what ‘GTA’ means.

And a lot more protests by the left in DC than by the right..
But only the right tried to overturn an election, invade the capitol, and had plans on executing elected officials from the VP on down.

Traitors all. Trump included
Fucking dumb cunts spend all their waking lives extolling the benefits of being armed and then leave their shit at home on the big day. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:01 am
dbackjon wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:26 pm

But only the right tried to overturn an election, invade the capitol, and had plans on executing elected officials from the VP on down.

Traitors all. Trump included
Fucking dumb cunts spend all their waking lives extolling the benefits of being armed and then leave their shit at home on the big day. :ohno:
Yes. What piss poor seditionists they turned out to be, huh?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:18 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:01 am

Yes. What piss poor seditionists they turned out to be, huh?
Once they entered the capital, they joined the realm of rioters and looters. The ones that stayed out of the fracas, remained protesters.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:37 pm
dbackjon wrote:
Jon - I’d be very curious about your source that says CIA holds the bounty story in moderate confidence. Where was this published?

Jon - I'm bumping this in case you didn't see it. Where is it being said that Langley has moderate confidence in the bounty claims?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

MINNEAPOLIS — A Brainerd man who pleaded guilty to helping set fire to MPD Third Precinct headquarters during protests over the death of George Floyd has been sentenced to four years in federal prison.

Twenty-three-year-old Dylan Shakespeare Robinson was also ordered to serve two years of supervised release and pay back $12 million for damages that resulted from the May 2020 precinct fire. - KARE-11
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:MINNEAPOLIS — A Brainerd man who pleaded guilty to helping set fire to MPD Third Precinct headquarters during protests over the death of George Floyd has been sentenced to four years in federal prison.

Twenty-three-year-old Dylan Shakespeare Robinson was also ordered to serve two years of supervised release and pay back $12 million for damages that resulted from the May 2020 precinct fire. - KARE-11
Guess he should have joined the Jacobins in Portland instead of Minneapolis. The Feds cut all the little firebombers in Portland loose