Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:59 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:00 pm

:shock: me too - although my son could touch the rim in 8th grade something I never could do
I was never able to do it. And I was 6’2” as a junior. White men truly CAN’T jump….
I could dunk a tennis ball, never high enough to dunk a basketball (although I could palm it with either hand, so that wasn't the problem). Amazing now that when I look at it it seems impossible that I could ever jump that high, and along with that I would be terrified to come down and land from jumping that high. I'm sure I'd break a hip or tear up a knee if I had to land from that high.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Could barely dunk a basketball in high school. One afternoon my senior year was screwing around during shot put practice for winter indoor track. JV basketball team was in the field house also. I grabbed one of their basketballs to dunk it. Now at the time I was around 6’3”/240. Shattered the backboard. I’m sure the backboard alread had a crack or something in it, and it was only a matter of time, because I’d dunked balls before and nothing ever shattered. Something I couldn’t have replicated no matter how much you paid me. Was still pretty cool for an 18 yr old kid to do. Even made the local paper. Anyway, now 30 years later, doubt I could even touch the rim, would have trouble even touching the net, and would probably hurt myself if I tried.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:59 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:00 pm

:shock: me too - although my son could touch the rim in 8th grade something I never could do
I was never able to do it. And I was 6’2” as a junior. White men truly CAN’T jump….
I was 5'9", and couldn't either. My teammate was 5'6" and could grab the rim with both hands, couldn't dunk.. He couldn't jump off one leg though, had to use both.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I was 6' 210 in 7th grade. Could touch the rim but couldn't dunk until I was a sophomore in HS.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:57 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:55 am

how did that work out for you?
Can’t help it if the majority of CA are idiots. It’s why the rest of the country would be better off if they just became their own country. And take WA/OR with them.
We used to wish they'd all go back east but now that they drove me out I'm afraid they will
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:33 pm I'm not sure why Gil was posting old news about Carmelo Harris supporting bail for criminals. The current news is that one of their bailees was charged with murder a few days back, right after being released. This will be Willie Horton'ed by the GOP for sure. Just more bad news for Biden//Harris. Drip, drip, drip:
Minnesota man freed by Kamala Harris-supported bail fund now charged with murder

Howard had been out on $11,500 bond in connection with a domestic assault case since Aug. 6, court records show. That’s when the Minnesota Freedom Fund bailed him out.

On Aug. 29, he was charged with two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the interstate shooting.

The Minnesota Freedom Fund tweeted Friday admitting to its role putting Howard back on the streets. On Tuesday, the thread was inaccessible on Twitter but preserved by the Internet Archive.
https://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-man-fr ... 09638.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20210903234 ... 4084350984

Maybe the MPD will find a spot for him
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Potter gets a 2 year sentence.

MPR Link

Kim Potter, the former police officer convicted of manslaughter in the death of Daunte Wright, has been sentenced to two years in state custody, a judge ruled on Friday. Potter will serve 16 months in prison, with the remainder on supervised release.

The sentence was lower than Minnesota's recommended sentencing guidelines — roughly seven years for first-degree manslaughter — after Judge Regina Chu found there to be mitigating factors in the case. Potter has already served 58 days, leaving about 14 months behind bars.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ukraine Protest in Minneapolis

Minneapolis Protest Link

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) - On Sunday, hundreds of Ukrainian Americans took to the streets of Minneapolis, marching across the city in a show of solidarity with their loved ones in harm’s way on the other side of the world.
"Everyone is suffering, and they’re hiding, and they’re having to leave our home country," second-generation Ukrainian Ken Matlashewski said.

"We are brothers and sisters, and we have to help each other," St. Michael’s Ukrainian Orthodox Church’s Fr. Myron Korostil continued. "We are trying to do all we can."