UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:33 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:46 pm
I can't stand Waters, Pelosi, Boobs or Trump. What Waters is saying now (and what's she's said in the past) isn't that different from what Boobs and Trump said in the lead-up to January 6. She isn't being held accountable because people perceive her cause to be righteous.
It is more righteous IMO, but she is also less of a threat with a much smaller following.
She's righteous if you believe her words are consistent with her intentions (I don't) just like Trump and Boobs are righteous if you believe their words are consistent with their intentions (I don't). People tend to think someone or something is righteous based on their own beliefs and biases. Righteousness is subjective. The crusaders thought they were righteous. The colonists thought they were righteous. Jerry Falwell Jr. thought he was righteous. Waters thinks she's righteous. History might tell a different story.

If instigating a riot is cause for impeachment/calls to resign for Trump and Boobs than it should for Waters as well. Consistency is important and giving her a pass is a sign of liberal privilege. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:52 pm

It is more righteous IMO, but she is also less of a threat with a much smaller following.
She's righteous if you believe her words are consistent with her intentions (I don't) just like Trump and Boobs are righteous if you believe their words are consistent with their intentions (I don't). People tend to think someone or something is righteous based on their own beliefs and biases. Righteousness is subjective. The crusaders thought they were righteous. The colonists thought they were righteous. Jerry Falwell Jr. thought he was righteous. Waters thinks she's righteous. History might tell a different story.

If instigating a riot is cause for impeachment/calls to resign for Trump and Boobs than it should for Waters as well. Consistency is important and giving her a pass is a sign of liberal privilege. :coffee:
I don’t think she’s righteous. The cause of racial injustice versus whatever it is that Cruz and Trump are peddling might not exaclty be the same. But thanks for the homily on righteousness. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:05 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:52 pm

I don’t think she’s righteous. The cause of racial injustice versus whatever it is that Cruz and Trump are peddling might not exaclty be the same. But thanks for the homily on righteousness. :lol:
I don't think that Waters gives a sh!t about racial justice. She cares about getting her name in the news, building a power base and feathering her nest (kind of like Trump). No big deal if she gets people agitated and they start rioting and looting, the Man deserves it.

Trying to influence a jury based on on the color of skin of the perpetrator or victim is wrong. Threatening "insurrection" if the jury doesn't rule the way you want them to is wrong. Liberals want to think it's "right" because they're trying to turn the tables based on past inequities but leveling the tables is righteous, turning the tables isn't.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:39 pm
89Hen wrote:
Capital punishment is a relic that needs to be retired. :thumbdown:
Agreed. The state shouldn’t be involved in murdering anyone. Let the worst of the worst rot in cells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Disagree. When I was younger I wasn't the biggest fan of it but the older I get the more I realize that some people don't deserve to be using oxygen anymore. For certain crimes rotting in a cell is too good for them.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Defense witness’s former home vandalized. Problem is, the defense witness doesn’t live there anymore. The poor sap who bought the house years ago is now left to deal with the mess.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chauvin-defe ... ood-smears
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Oops, turns out the ‘victim’ (an armed carjacker shot & killed by the police) is white. When BLM hears this, they show their true colors, abrubtly ending their rally :lol: Apparently for BLM, white lives don’t matter.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/blm-proteste ... -was-white
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:15 pm So it's Posobiec's tweet, are you saying he doctored the video and she didn't call for people to get more confrontational if they don't get their way? Or are you just trying to deflect from the words that came out of her mouth by deflecting from the source? That's straight from the MAGAt playbook.

Waters is no better than Boobs* or Trump.

* If Ted Cruz is going to continue to be in the news can we bring that back?
Must have missed the part where I called her coont and all the times I’ve stated how much I can’t stand Pelosi. :coffee:
Covering your whataboutism by calling her a name is just a twofer -

whataboutism and bothsiderism

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:16 pm
kalm wrote:
Must have missed the part where I called her coont and all the times I’ve stated how much I can’t stand Pelosi. :coffee:

I brought up neither Trump or Watters here. :coffee:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Whoops.

Judge in Derek Chauvin trial says Rep. Maxine Waters' comments may be grounds for appeal

The judge overseeing former Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin's trial in the death of George Floyd said Monday that Rep. Maxine Waters' comments could be grounds for appealing a verdict in the trial.
"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned," Judge Peter Cahill told defense attorney Eric Nelson on Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics ... index.html
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I'm curious as to what her words would have to do with getting an appeal overturned.

She isn't involved in the case.
She isn't in the courtroom.
She isn't in the jury room.
She didn't threaten any jurors
They jurors didn't hear her words

I'm curious when the standard for appeal is "T'his person, completely unrelated to the case from the far west coast of the county, said something about the case" became a reasonable basis for appeal.

Keep in mind the judge also said ""A congresswoman's opinion really doesn't matter a whole lot,"

So words that don't mean a whole lot somehow give grounds for an entire trial to be overturned?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

clenz wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:04 am I'm curious as to what her words would have to do with getting an appeal overturned.

I'm curious when the standard for appeal is "T'his person, completely unrelated to the case from the far west coast of the county, said something about the case" became a reasonable basis for appeal.

Keep in mind the judge also said ""A congresswoman's opinion really doesn't matter a whole lot,"

So words that don't mean a whole lot somehow give grounds for an entire trial to be overturned?
Good question. The verdict itself could cause rioting. I think the concern is mob rule.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:46 pm

I can't stand Waters, Pelosi, Boobs or Trump. What Waters is saying now (and what's she's said in the past) isn't that different from what Boobs and Trump said in the lead-up to January 6. She isn't being held accountable because people perceive her cause to be righteous.
Shocker you'd be on Pelosi's side. :coffee:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:16 pm
kalm wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:39 am

Huh?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:52 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:39 am
Huh?
Why defend her stupid comment? Just say it was stupid.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Any verdict and riot predictions?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:03 am
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:52 am

Huh?
Why defend her stupid comment? Just say it was stupid.
Huh?

Who’s comment did I defend?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

MN Gov already declared state of emergency last night.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

clenz wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:04 am I'm curious as to what her words would have to do with getting an appeal overturned.

She's inciting a crowd to violence. Let's be clear about that. A confrontation is conflict.

Just spitballing here - She's telling a group that if they don't get the verdict they want, then to be confrontational. Some are going to take that to mean violence. And because you already have the Woke crowd vandalizing peoples homes and in the past they've stalked people, these jurors now might convict out of fear of reprisal and not based off evidence.

And now she's on record doing exactly what she said Trump was guilty of. :twocents:
Last edited by Ibanez on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

It's taking the jury some time to come up with a verdict, usually means they don't have a consensus.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Ibanez wrote:

She's inciting a crowd to violence. Let's be clear about that. A confrontation is conflict.

Just spitballing here - She's telling a group that if they don't get the verdict they want, then to be confrontational. Some are going to take that to mean violence. And because you already have the Woke crowd vandalizing peoples homes and in the past they've stalked people, these jurors now might convict out of fear of reprisal and based off evidence.

And now she's on record doing exactly what she said Trump was guilty of. :twocents:
I'm not saying she's not an idiot. I'm not saying she was right in what she said. I would be willing to put her words in line with Cruz and Trump as far as incitement goes.

I'm questioning the legal standing in terms of an appeal because some idiot said some stupid shit about the case, while not being involved in the case. I honestly don't know.

If John Random were to have said exactly what she said would that be grounds for an appeal and overturn?

What about a college athlete? Pro athletes? A random company executive? Where's the line on what profile of a person dictates when an appeal will be won based on what they said?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Gil Dobie wrote:It's taking the jury some time to come up with a verdict, usually means they don't have a consensus.
They got the case at 430 yesterday afternoon. After 8 hours of closing arguments I doubt they did much, if any, deliberation last night. During the trial they wouldn't even be in the courtroom yet.

I would highly doubt more than 2 hours has been spent in any kind of actual deliberation.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

clenz wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:22 am
Ibanez wrote:

Just spitballing here - She's telling a group that if they don't get the verdict they want, then to be confrontational. Some are going to take that to mean violence. And because you already have the Woke crowd vandalizing peoples homes and in the past they've stalked people, these jurors now might convict out of fear of reprisal and based off evidence.

I'm not saying she's not an idiot. I'm not saying she was right in what she said. I would be willing to put her words in line with Cruz and Trump as far as incitement goes.

I'm questioning the legal standing in terms of an appeal because some idiot said some stupid shit about the case, while not being involved in the case. I honestly don't know.

If John Random were to have said exactly what she said would that be grounds for an appeal and overturn?

What about a college athlete? Pro athletes? A random company executive? Where's the line on what profile of a person dictates when an appeal will be won based on what they said?

Is the jury sequestered? If not, they could read or hear about her comments at home or even on their phone during a break. Hopefully, her comments won't influence their decision but that doesn't mean an attorney can't and won't argue that they did. If you lose, you look for reasons to appeal and while a stretch, the words of a Congressperson are something.

We can get out the Ouija board and as Ivy or maybe Joe is lurking and could respond with a true legal opinion.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote:

I have no idea on the impact but a few things I've seen speculated:

Judge made an error in not sequestering the jury and that might be grounds for appeal. Even though the jury is instructed to avoid media and other things related to the trial how do you do that? You're at home watching your favorite TV show and they give a preview for the 10:00 news and mention Maxine's comments. Or the news about the wrong house being vandalized for a witness in the trial. As a juror are you then moved to convict because you're afraid of being doxed and having your family or property damaged? Another was that change of venue was not approved.

If I would have been called for jury duty in this case I would have gone to jail for contempt before sitting on this jury. God bless those people for serving.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote:

John Random has considerably less influence in front of a BLM crowd than a black Congresswoman who has been championing their plight for years.

Influential people KNOW they words and actions can sway people. There's real power to that.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17