CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:53 am That's the question, how do we stop police forces from becoming this way (or in the same breath how do we stop communities from descending into the type of chaos that hardens cops to be this way or in CID's case drives out potentially good cops who don't want to be mired in these settings)? It's almost never been about race - police forces have been getting less and less white over the decades but the problem still persists with cops and poverty-stricken neighborhoods. The law enforcement part of it is just a symptom, an outcome, the problem is how places get like this in the first place.
Cop: "Do you know why I'm writing this ticket?"

Sarah Silverman: "Because you got all "C"s in high school?"

:rofl:

I just love Sarah Silverman :notworthy:
Most midlevel (and up) police departments require a degree from a brick and mortar college, and have for about two decades now.

So her (and your) humor are largely based on a myth.

Some of the smartest guys and gals I ever worked with in any job were the cops. That still stands after I have worked at the State Dept, which is Pale, Male, and Yale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:34 pm
houndawg wrote:

Most midlevel (and up) police departments require a degree from a brick and mortar college, and have for about two decades now.

Some of the smartest guys and gals I ever worked with in any job were the cops. That still stands after I have worked at the State Dept, which is Pale, Male, and Yale.

Most of Houndawg’s humor and beliefs are based largely on myth. :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

houndawg wrote:

That "largely" part? That isn't around here. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:53 am

That's because you choose to live in BFE.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:46 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:53 am

Its a fair trade - esspecially right now :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:54 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:46 am

Its a fair trade - esspecially right now :thumb:
:lol: :lol: :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Just another weekend in Chicago:
-40 people shot. Jan-July 2,240 shot, 440 killed. Compares to 1,480/290 same time period lst yr.
-BLM riot and looting last night- The ‘Magnificent Mile‘ upscale shopping distict completely looted. 100+ arrested, 13 police injured.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/widespread-l ... d-shooting

Why would any sane person go to Chicago?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:Just another weekend in Chicago:
-40 people shot. Jan-July 2,240 shot, 440 killed. Compares to 1,480/290 same time period lst yr.
-BLM riot and looting last night- The ‘Magnificent Mile‘ upscale shopping distict completely looted. 100+ arrested, 13 police injured.

There are only 137 looting days before Christmas

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Why is Chicago mentioned in this thread? Could be it's own thread. Seams you were on me about posting an old photo to make a point, you are off topic in another thread. You could also post it in your bigot thread.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:01 pm Why is Chicago mentioned in this thread? Could be it's own thread. Seams you were on me about posting an old photo to make a point, you are off topic in another thread. You could also post it in your bigot thread.
You already asked the same on here with another city earlier in this thread. Obviously you forgot. Lots of other cities with BLM riotong & looting are mentioned throughout this thread by other posters. Its either put it here, or the Portland/Seattle thread. Nothing off topic about it. If we started a new thread for every city with BLM rioting & looting, we’d have dozens of threads on here with BLM riotong & looting. And since when is pointing out BLM riotong & looting bigoted?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:59 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:01 pm Why is Chicago mentioned in this thread? Could be it's own thread. Seams you were on me about posting an old photo to make a point, you are off topic in another thread. You could also post it in your bigot thread.
You already asked the same on here with another city earlier in this thread. Obviously you forgot. Lots of other cities with BLM riotong & looting are mentioned throughout this thread by other posters. Its either put it here, or the Portland/Seattle thread. Nothing off topic about it. If we started a new thread for every city with BLM rioting & looting, we’d have dozens of threads on here with BLM riotong & looting. And since when is pointing out BLM riotong & looting bigoted?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

I asked that but I don't remember Gil asking. Now if I asked but Gil didn't then your facts are wrong and your post should be ignored.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:44 pm Just another weekend in Chicago:

In my case it was because I got paid to be there for a gig in Millenium park. Only time I've been there in 33 years - St. Louis, Nashville, Memphis, Indianapolis, Louisville, Cinncinnati are all hours closer. I can be in Mississippi in the time I'd be halfway to Chicago.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Yes, it was UNI88 that asked before, obviously you forgot. The trend was to start a new thread for each city, obviously you forgot. The other thread you post on is bigoted and racist, obviously you don't care about blacks, unless they play football for JMU.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:17 am
Yes, it was UNI88 that asked before, obviously you forgot. The trend was to start a new thread for each city, obviously you forgot. The other thread you post on is bigoted and racist, obviously you don't care about blacks, unless they play football for JMU.
So Gil didn't ask. You got it wrong. That pesky fact is not a nitpicky detail, we should ignore the substance of your post.

What is a riotong?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Accoring to BLM, looting is ok, because looting is reparations. Ariel Atkins, a Black Lives Matter Chicago organizer, to NBC Chicago:
"That is reparations. Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance. They're going to get their money back. My people aren't getting anything."

People protest however they need to. People do whatever they need. These businesses have insurance. They can get it all back. We can’t get our lives back once they kill us. We can’t get rid of that trauma once you’ve been attacked by a police officer.

I don't care if someone decides to loot a Macy's or a Gucci or a Nike store, that makes sure that person eats. That makes sure that person has clothes."
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... rance.html

#BLM: Black Looters Matter.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Actually, in most cases business insurance doesn’t cover civil unrest

So Starbucks and Dior won’t go out of business but Mom and Pop might

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:32 pm Actually, in most cases business insurance doesn’t cover civil unrest

So Starbucks and Dior won’t go out of business but Mom and Pop might

Exactly. One more thing they know nothing about.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Drove thru part of Minneapolis over the weekend. My wife found some baby stuff on Craigslist. Some burned buildings, a lot of closed streets. Lot of people enjoying outdoor dining. A lot of homeless tents in MLK park.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:17 am
BDMBKNT. :ohno:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Interesting watching the entire clip.
Full length police camera video of Minneapolis officers arresting George Floyd and his harrowing final moments has been compiled and made public.

The video stretches to a total of 30 minutes as the entirety of the arrest recorded by two police bodycams was pulled together.

The footage was revealed exclusively by DailyMail.com earlier this month but was officially released Monday after a Hennepin County judge ordered it to be made public.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rrest.html
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:45 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:46 am Here’s a question someone should ask the Minneapolis city council

(not that I care.. towns like that may as well be on the moon where I am concerned)

But what is their plan for dealing with insurance companies that will drop coverage on all things like homes and cars when there are no police to protect property?

What is their plan for dealing with banks that will not finance cars, homes, or businesses in the city?

What is their plan for having no ISO rating?

What is their plan for having zero ability to use the bond structure for capital improvements/infrastructure?

In reality, their unwillingness to do those necessary things over the years to fix their police department are a de facto defunding of ALL of their city government and its departments, because those people and businesses that pay the lion’s share of taxes are not going to stick around and pay property taxes to a city that wants to dismantle police services. That will cut into lots of things, but probably not the private security contract for the mayor and council members... oh no not that

And- like all progressive city councils, they love themselves some regulations... like taxes on cigarettes ... they’ll want the police to enforce all those petty rules. And remember- Eric Garner isn’t going to accept a ticket from a meter maid or a social worker

Meh. The teamsters already said they ain't driving to cities that defund the police. Me thinks the cities that actually go that retard will have other issues at hand sooner than dealing with the ones you outlined.
Teamsters are going to be avoiding ALOT of cities that are defunding their police. Minneapolis, NYC, LA, San Fran, Seattle, Portland, etc, etc, etc. And now Austin by 150 million, 1/3 of the police budget. 50 million to go into a “Reimagine Safety Fund” through a year long “reimagine process”. WTF kind of leftist claptrap is that? :? :suspicious:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-city- ... ice-budget
Basically every uber left city in the country is defunding their police.. I sure this Kumbaya process is going to do wonders for these cities as crime continues to skyrocket.. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:45 pm Meh. The teamsters already said they ain't driving to cities that defund the police. Me thinks the cities that actually go that retard will have other issues at hand sooner than dealing with the ones you outlined.
Teamsters are going to be avoiding ALOT of cities that are defunding their police. Minneapolis, NYC, LA, San Fran, Seattle, Portland, etc, etc, etc. And now Austin by 150 million, 1/3 of the police budget. 50 million to go into a “Reimagine Safety Fund” through a year long “reimagine process”. WTF kind of leftist claptrap is that? :? :suspicious:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/austin-city- ... ice-budget
Basically every uber left city in the country is defunding their police.. I sure this Kumbaya process is going to do wonders for these cities as crime continues to skyrocket.. :lol:
They should call it “Re-imagine you insurance premiums”
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:14 pm Accoring to BLM, looting is ok, because looting is reparations. Ariel Atkins, a Black Lives Matter Chicago organizer, to NBC Chicago:
"That is reparations. Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance. They're going to get their money back. My people aren't getting anything."

People protest however they need to. People do whatever they need. These businesses have insurance. They can get it all back. We can’t get our lives back once they kill us. We can’t get rid of that trauma once you’ve been attacked by a police officer.

I don't care if someone decides to loot a Macy's or a Gucci or a Nike store, that makes sure that person eats. That makes sure that person has clothes."

Do you hate the police too?

Dallas police march in 'Blue for Black Lives Matter' demonstration

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:30 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:14 pm According to BLM, looting is ok, because looting is reparations. Ariel Atkins, a Black Lives Matter Chicago organizer, to NBC Chicago:

Do you hate the police too?

Dallas police march in 'Blue for Black Lives Matter' demonstration

I'm not going back digging up and posting stuff that's 2 1/2 months old (I see that was from the beginning of June) to try to extol the virtues of a Marxist, anti American, anti police (despite a handful of kneeling cops) organization..:lol: