Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:11 am
Gil Dobie wrote:MINNEAPOLIS — A Brainerd man who pleaded guilty to helping set fire to MPD Third Precinct headquarters during protests over the death of George Floyd has been sentenced to four years in federal prison.

Twenty-three-year-old Dylan Shakespeare Robinson was also ordered to serve two years of supervised release and pay back $12 million for damages that resulted from the May 2020 precinct fire. - KARE-11
Guess he should have joined the Jacobins in Portland instead of Minneapolis. The Feds cut all the little firebombers in Portland loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has 3 friends waiting sentencing, Co-conspirators Bryce Michael Williams, 27, Davon De-Andre Turner, 25, and Branden Michael Wolfe, 23, have all pleaded guilty to one count each of conspiracy to commit arson their roles in the arson at the Third Precinct building. If you leave a protest to riot and loot, you take responsibility for your actions. Portland doesn't sound too organized, still the wild west.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:57 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:11 am
Guess he should have joined the Jacobins in Portland instead of Minneapolis. The Feds cut all the little firebombers in Portland loose

He has 3 friends waiting sentencing, Co-conspirators Bryce Michael Williams, 27, Davon De-Andre Turner, 25, and Branden Michael Wolfe, 23, have all pleaded guilty to one count each of conspiracy to commit arson their roles in the arson at the Third Precinct building. If you leave a protest to riot and loot, you take responsibility for your actions. Portland doesn't sound too organized, still the wild west.
Sounds like they forgot to wear masks. Did the other looters snitch on them? Portland looters don't allow that, they're more organized and there are retributions for talking.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:13 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:57 am

Sounds like they forgot to wear masks. Did the other looters snitch on them? Portland looters don't allow that, they're more organized and there are retributions for talking.
According to a criminal complaint, investigators watched video from Robinson's Snapchat account that showed one person making a Molotov cocktail and several unidentified voices providing directions on how to make it.

According to the complaint, Robinson commented several times during the video, including "These guys have never made a Molotov… Rookies,” and “We need gasoline.” Investigators reviewed another Snapchat video where they said Robinson can be seen setting a fire in a stairwell inside the MPD 3rd Precinct building.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:55 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:13 am

According to a criminal complaint, investigators watched video from Robinson's Snapchat account that showed one person making a Molotov cocktail and several unidentified voices providing directions on how to make it.

According to the complaint, Robinson commented several times during the video, including "These guys have never made a Molotov… Rookies,” and “We need gasoline.” Investigators reviewed another Snapchat video where they said Robinson can be seen setting a fire in a stairwell inside the MPD 3rd Precinct building.
Idiot. Northwest Youth Liberation Front and their ilk must be smarter, they're definitely better organized
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:48 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:55 am

Idiot. Northwest Youth Liberation Front and their ilk must be smarter, they're definitely better organized
As you can see, the rioters and looters are treated differently, and we have different views due to that. I can see why you were responding like you were.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:56 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:48 am
As you can see, the rioters and looters are treated differently, and we have different views due to that. I can see why you were responding like you were.
:nod: Minnesota is charging and prosecuting the rioters and looters the way they should. Justice for all rather than replacing justice based on race with justice based on ideology.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:51 am
Didn't read the article, but I'm sure the jurors in selection were asked about attending BLM protests/riots, and all said no. Another thing the defense attorneys will use during appeals.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:32 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:51 am
Didn't read the article, but I'm sure the jurors in selection were asked about attending BLM protests/riots, and all said no. Another thing the defense attorneys will use during appeals.
Are you sure they said no? There are only so many jurors each side is allowed to strike in jury selection, and given the significant number of folks who may have attended a protest last summer it's not outside the realm of possibility that you could have had an attendee, or more, attend a protest. I do't think that's disqualifying. I'm sure he'll use all of his appeals, as is his right to do, but Chauvin isn't getting away from this on a technicality. He's going to do a fair amount of prison time.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:12 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:32 am
Are you sure they said no? There are only so many jurors each side is allowed to strike in jury selection, and given the significant number of folks who may have attended a protest last summer it's not outside the realm of possibility that you could have had an attendee, or more, attend a protest. I do't think that's disqualifying. I'm sure he'll use all of his appeals, as is his right to do, but Chauvin isn't getting away from this on a technicality. He's going to do a fair amount of prison time.
He (the juror in question) specifically stated he responded “No” to those questions. Which was obviously a lie. This verdict is getting overturned, almost no question.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I'm a bit of a youtube junkie. I start watching brewing videos or NHL stuff and somehow always end up far from where I started.

Stumbled across a couple courtroom outburst videos, but this one really got interesting at the 1:20 mark.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

And then you get to this...

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:07 pm I'm a bit of a youtube junkie. I start watching brewing videos or NHL stuff and somehow always end up far from where I started.

Stumbled across a couple courtroom outburst videos, but this one really got interesting at the 1:20 mark.

Mother with a face full of metal and neck tats: Why isn‘t my son dead. :suspicious: Why are some people allowed to breed?

Mother: “I still don‘t believe he pointed a gun at a police officer (Da fuq. :suspicious: The video showed just that) because my son would be dead because police officers don‘t shoot warning shots. They are trained to shoot to kill.“ :dunce:
No, police officers are trained to shoot to stop the threat. Most shots are misses. Your little hoodrat son in the stolen car (and probably stolen firearm) as the video showed, and the police testified) pointed a loaded gun at a police officer, and luckily only got shot in the hand.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:55 pm And then you get to this...

You asshole. That‘s 20 min of my life I won‘t get back. :ohno:

Must be over 100 F bombs. How many times in the middle of her screaming fit did she yell out “I can‘t breathe“. And how many times did one of the bystanders, in the middle of her screaming, which went on and on and on, go “She can‘t breath“ What is that, anytime the police are arresting someone in the hood, the automatic response is “I can‘t breathe“? :suspicious:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Second person sentenced in burning of 3rd precinct.

MINNEAPOLIS — Another man has been sentenced in connection to the fire that burned down the Minneapolis Police Department's Third Precinct headquarters last year.

The U.S. Attorney's Office for Minnesota announced that Branden Michael Wolfe, 23, was sentenced to 41 months in prison -- almost 3 and a half years. He will also serve 2 years of supervised release and was ordered to pay $12 million in restitution. KARE-11
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
No better way to demonstrate what that “comprehensive police reform” looks like

What they need is comprehensive government reform

But the people of Minneapolis elected their mayor and city council. They get what they deserve. A government that enables BOTH police misconduct AND public lawlessness

You have to be trying to govern that poorly

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:15 am
SDHornet wrote:
No better way to demonstrate what that “comprehensive police reform” looks like

What they need is comprehensive government reform

But the people of Minneapolis elected their mayor and city council. They get what they deserve. A government that enables BOTH police misconduct AND public lawlessness

You have to be trying to govern that poorly

Yup. The blue cities are eating their own right now. Hard to feel sorry for any of them. They get what they voted for. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

And yet Minneapolis is applying for federal aid to help police the city. Fuck THAT. You made this bed, morons, now you get to sleep in it.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

When the kids overthrow the teachers and the principal, the bullies take over the school. :coffee:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:55 am And yet Minneapolis is applying for federal aid to help police the city. Fuck THAT. You made this bed, morons, now you get to sleep in it.
Was at a work event today in which this topic came up with three other individuals. Two of which used to live in the twin cities and said they are glad they got out as the place is a mess. Yet all three I am pretty sure lean left and none realize what lead up to the mess down there and the fact that it is only going to get worse since law enforcement has taken an unofficial hands off approach due to the circumstances in the cities.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:50 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:55 am And yet Minneapolis is applying for federal aid to help police the city. Fuck THAT. You made this bed, morons, now you get to sleep in it.
Was at a work event today in which this topic came up with three other individuals. Two of which used to live in the twin cities and said they are glad they got out as the place is a mess. Yet all three I am pretty sure lean left and none realize what lead up to the mess down there and the fact that it is only going to get worse since law enforcement has taken an unofficial hands off approach due to the circumstances in the cities.
It’s that exact lack of self awareness, no understanding of cause/affect, that scares me about all the people leaving NY and CA in droves. They’ll move somewhere and vote the EXACT. SAME. WAY. That caused all those issues in the first fucking place.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Winterborn wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:50 pm Was at a work event today in which this topic came up with three other individuals. Two of which used to live in the twin cities and said they are glad they got out as the place is a mess. Yet all three I am pretty sure lean left and none realize what lead up to the mess down there and the fact that it is only going to get worse since law enforcement has taken an unofficial hands off approach due to the circumstances in the cities.
It’s that exact lack of self awareness, no understanding of cause/affect, that scares me about all the people leaving NY and CA in droves. They’ll move somewhere and vote the EXACT. SAME. WAY. That caused all those issues in the first fucking place.
Two of them were guys, while one is a lady. The lady I think might have a chance as she has made at least a couple of connections between what is going on politically and what is happening on the ground. Whether or not she puts two and two together is another story (and one I am helping along with certain comments). The guys, it is a toss up as they both are near retirement and the older we get the harder it is to change.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote:
Minneapolis is a mess. If something happened where I live, there is a large underground redneck army that would appear. There are a lot of stories of people made to disappear in the Mississippi bottoms over the years. There is a family that even the police are afraid to mess with.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Hearing that the Minnesota Twins are offering some really good deals on tickets. Is it because the Twins suck this year or because nobody wants to go to Minneapolis to a game (or maybe both). A lot of people around here will go to Twins games but all the ones I've talked to have said not this year.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire