4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: China

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:27 pm
dbackjon wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:08 pm

Sorry, but that is Ralph and Travis's job.
:lol:

What happened to those dudes?
Ralph was raped by Travis.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

The irony is that the article came from the New York times.
his isn’t a new phenomenon but today the NY Times has a story about China’s use of western bloggers to spread propaganda. YouTube requires content creators to identify if they have commercial relationships that drive their videos. But in the case of western video bloggers in China, possible connections to the state usually go unmentioned.
Video blogger Matthew Tye, who lived in China for 10 years, refers to these bloggers as “white monkeys,” though you don’t have to be white to be one. Basically, any foreign face is enough to get you a job in the media in China. In fact, Tye used to be a “white monkey” himself before he changed his mind about China and eventually moved back to the US. Now he tracks trends in Chinese propaganda for his YouTube channel.

Last month, Tye did a video about the way some of these bloggers get hired. They are first sent a generic request to do some kind of travel or promotional video. Maybe the offer is an all-expenses paid trip to a resort location within China. If they accept that offer then they are given more opportunities. In Tye’s case, the person who reached out to him asked if he’d be willing to post a COVID informational video on his site while approval for his travel to a resort island was pending. Tye then negotiated a deal in which he would be paid $2,000 to post the Chinese video which claimed COVID originated in North American deer. (He didn’t post it, he was just trying to see how much they would agree to pay.)
https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/12/14/ ... da-n435396
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:36 pm The irony is that the article came from the New York times.
his isn’t a new phenomenon but today the NY Times has a story about China’s use of western bloggers to spread propaganda. YouTube requires content creators to identify if they have commercial relationships that drive their videos. But in the case of western video bloggers in China, possible connections to the state usually go unmentioned.
Video blogger Matthew Tye, who lived in China for 10 years, refers to these bloggers as “white monkeys,” though you don’t have to be white to be one. Basically, any foreign face is enough to get you a job in the media in China. In fact, Tye used to be a “white monkey” himself before he changed his mind about China and eventually moved back to the US. Now he tracks trends in Chinese propaganda for his YouTube channel.

Last month, Tye did a video about the way some of these bloggers get hired. They are first sent a generic request to do some kind of travel or promotional video. Maybe the offer is an all-expenses paid trip to a resort location within China. If they accept that offer then they are given more opportunities. In Tye’s case, the person who reached out to him asked if he’d be willing to post a COVID informational video on his site while approval for his travel to a resort island was pending. Tye then negotiated a deal in which he would be paid $2,000 to post the Chinese video which claimed COVID originated in North American deer. (He didn’t post it, he was just trying to see how much they would agree to pay.)
https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/12/14/ ... da-n435396
Ralph was a white monkey. It all makes sense now. :nod:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

NFL joins the NBA in kowtowing to China

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/12/15/ ... na-n435769

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:02 pm NFL joins the NBA in kowtowing to China

Is that real? Several teams missing, mainly from the Northeast at least - Eagles, Giants, Washington, Bills, etc.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:50 am

Is that real? Several teams missing, mainly from the Northeast at least - Eagles, Giants, Washington, Bills, etc.
:nod: How could the Bills not have Canada? They've actually played games in Toronto.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:

It’s real

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:15 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:50 am

:nod: How could the Bills not have Canada? They've actually played games in Toronto.
Maybe that's why - Canada has already seem them and said no.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:27 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:15 am
You could be right. That might also explain why the Eagles, Giants & WFT were left off the list for every other country in the world left off as well. :coffee:
Last edited by UNI88 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:37 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:27 pm

You could be right. That might also explain why the Eagles, Giants & WFT were left off as well. :coffee:
Canada is probably filled with Tom Brady fans, he seems just their type. So you're right, I see the exclusion of the Eagles and the Giants from Canada's list of teams. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:50 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:37 pm

You could be right. That might also explain why the Eagles, Giants & WFT were left off the list for every other country in the world as well. :coffee:
Canada is probably filled with Tom Brady fans, he seems just their type. So you're right, I see the exclusion of the Eagles and the Giants from Canada's list of teams. :thumb:
Why just Canada's list?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

EXCLUSIVE China pressures Germany's Continental to cut out Lithuania - sources
China is pressuring German car parts giant Continental to stop using components made in Lithuania, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters, amid a dispute between Beijing and the Baltic state over the status of Taiwan.

The targeting of Continental is an example of how the China-Lithuania diplomatic spat is spilling over into business in an era of global supply chains and affecting Germany's car industry, a lucrative pillar of Europe's biggest economy.
China opposes the politicization of sports. Maybe they should oppose the politicization of business and trade.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Purdue President Mitch Daniels calls threats to student from China 'unacceptable'
"Purdue learned from a national news account last week that one of our students, after speaking on behalf of freedom and others martyred for advocating it, was harassed and threatened by other students from his own home country," Daniels wrote. "Worse still, his family back home, in this case China, was visited and threatened by agents of that nation's secret police.
If those students who issued the threats can be identified, they will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action. Likewise, any student found to have reported another student to any foreign entity for exercising their freedom of speech or belief will be subject to significant sanctions."
China opposes the politicization of sports. Maybe they should oppose the politicization of academics.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:50 pm Purdue President Mitch Daniels calls threats to student from China 'unacceptable'
"Purdue learned from a national news account last week that one of our students, after speaking on behalf of freedom and others martyred for advocating it, was harassed and threatened by other students from his own home country," Daniels wrote. "Worse still, his family back home, in this case China, was visited and threatened by agents of that nation's secret police.
If those students who issued the threats can be identified, they will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action. Likewise, any student found to have reported another student to any foreign entity for exercising their freedom of speech or belief will be subject to significant sanctions."
China opposes the politicization of sports. Maybe they should oppose the politicization of academics.
I always liked Mitch Daniels. I wanted him to run for President in 2012, but he hit a speed bump in his personal life that wasn’t his doing.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:50 pm Purdue President Mitch Daniels calls threats to student from China 'unacceptable'
I always liked Mitch Daniels. I wanted him to run for President in 2012, but he hit a speed bump in his personal life that wasn’t his doing.
Yep.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Harvard Professor Lieber convicted on six counts of lying about his China connections and related tax charges. He could get up to five years, but will probably get six months. His Nobel dreams are out the window.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:Harvard Professor Lieber convicted on six counts of lying about his China connections and related tax charges. He could get up to five years, but will probably get six months. His Nobel dreams are out the window.
Every single university in this country with a science department worth a toot has at least one co-opted professor taking money from the CCP.

They aren’t going to have to do anything kinetic to us… they are just going to cultivate enough internal traitors with money - and when you start hearing apologists for China just follow the money, or your fave media outlet like this one right here in good ol DC:

https://freebeacon.com/media/ccp-paid-d ... ropaganda/

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

The LA Times, Washington Post, WSJ, and New York Times have all accepted money from the CCP for publishing articles linked to China Daily.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:27 pm
5 Condiments? Lessee, now: ketchup, mustard, relish, Mayo, and horseradish? :?

Gotta love those wacky Red Chinese!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Olympics Opening Ceremony draws record-low ratings: Why aren't Americans tuning in?
It is a record low for the Opening Ceremony (20.1 million for 1988 in Calgary was the previous record) and a whopping 43 percent below the 2018 Games in South Korea that notched 28.3 million viewers despite also dealing with a less than advantageous Asian time zone for American audiences.

It comes on the heels of Thursday’s ratings disaster that saw just 7.7 million people tune in, dramatically below same-night audiences of 2018 (16 million) and 2014 from Russia (20.02 million).
In issues more directly related to the Games, China’s drastic anti-COVID measures have made life inside its “closed loop” a high-stress and near joyless experience for the athletes and a massive challenge for NBC.

Athletes have complained about the fear of positive tests, substandard conditions in unnecessary “isolation centers” and the need to guard against China hacking into their phones and computers to mine data and steal identities.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:06 pm Olympics Opening Ceremony draws record-low ratings: Why aren't Americans tuning in?
It is a record low for the Opening Ceremony (20.1 million for 1988 in Calgary was the previous record) and a whopping 43 percent below the 2018 Games in South Korea that notched 28.3 million viewers despite also dealing with a less than advantageous Asian time zone for American audiences.

It comes on the heels of Thursday’s ratings disaster that saw just 7.7 million people tune in, dramatically below same-night audiences of 2018 (16 million) and 2014 from Russia (20.02 million).
In issues more directly related to the Games, China’s drastic anti-COVID measures have made life inside its “closed loop” a high-stress and near joyless experience for the athletes and a massive challenge for NBC.

Athletes have complained about the fear of positive tests, substandard conditions in unnecessary “isolation centers” and the need to guard against China hacking into their phones and computers to mine data and steal identities.
Hell, I’d rather watch Shen Yun for good Chinese choreography.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:11 pm
Hell, I’d rather watch Shen Yun for good Chinese choreography.
Hopefully, this continues and seriously impacts the bidding for the next Olympic broadcast contract. Maybe then it will influence the IOC's selection process.

I'm not watching.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:11 pm Hell, I’d rather watch Shen Yun for good Chinese choreography.
Hopefully, this continues and seriously impacts the bidding for the next Olympic broadcast contract. Maybe then it will influence the IOC's selection process.

I'm not watching.
The IOC as a world body is as corrupt as they come. China will get Olympic games as often as they want them. They just need to buy new Maseratis for some and sprinkle a little poon here and there and even Wuhan could get a games