AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: China

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:23 am
∞∞∞ wrote:But that's the point.

Instead of using our relationship and wealth in a beneficial way, we allowed a handful of Americans to sell us out to the point where China figured they can f*ck us over - easily I might add - and get away with it. And what did other Americans do, reward that behavior.

Then you get idiots like CID and AZ coming in saying "WE NEED TO STOP CHINA" (yeah no sh*t) when they were the ones voting for policies and politicians - for decades - that allowed this to happen. It's ironic when they tell others to step aside and let them handle it.

It'd be funny if so many Americans - and future Americans - weren't hurt by these selfish policies.
I see you took an off-ramp on the question and decided to throw some ad hominems on your way off.

YOU said we should use diplomacy. So how about stop being a catch-word ideologue and tell us what you mean by that? Or go back and learn to make an argument using supporting facts.

And for your information, nobody I have ever voted for has been President. Ever. But I guaran fucking tee you that one of your heroes has been one of these China enablers you speak of.

While you continually look back and whine and point fingers about our missteps (which are not being denied) I’ll continue to look forward at what we have to do to protect the well being of America and the rest of the free world in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trying to think.....My guy won in ‘84 and 2004. That’s it. Lost in ‘80, ‘88, ‘92, ‘96, ‘00, ‘08, ‘12, ‘16. But hey Trip, you do you, bro. :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:27 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:14 am

I’m not sure he’s “solved” any of them and there are several where the long term economic benefits remain to be seen for decades.

Most politicians pay lip service if not take small actions at all of these.

Perhaps he’s been more agressive in some regards?
Yeah. I distinctly remember Obama attacking all those with a vengeance. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Piss off. I’m sure he assembled a commission or something.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:29 am
I see you took an off-ramp on the question and decided to throw some ad hominems on your way off.

YOU said we should use diplomacy. So how about stop being a catch-word ideologue and tell us what you mean by that? Or go back and learn to make an argument using supporting facts.

And for your information, nobody I have ever voted for has been President. Ever. But I guaran fucking tee you that one of your heroes has been one of these China enablers you speak of.

While you continually look back and whine and point fingers about our missteps (which are not being denied) I’ll continue to look forward at what we have to do to protect the well being of America and the rest of the free world in the process.

Trying to think.....My guy won in ‘84 and 2004. That’s it. Lost in ‘80, ‘88, ‘92, ‘96, ‘00, ‘08, ‘12, ‘16. But hey Trip, you do you, bro. :rofl: :rofl:
My guy one in '08. Lost in 2004, 2012 and 2016. I'll go ahead and call 2020 as a loss as well . :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:09 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:27 am

Yeah. I distinctly remember Obama attacking all those with a vengeance. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Not just any commission...a BLUE RIBBON commission.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:20 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:09 am

With a czar, overseeing it? :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Didn't realize the Presidency was some dictatorship which creates all policy, and no other offices exist.

Well the way some treat Trump, maybe it is.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:19 am

My guy one in '08. Lost in 2004, 2012 and 2016. I'll go ahead and call 2020 as a loss as well . :lol:
*won
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 am Didn't realize the Presidency was some dictatorship which creates all policy, and no other offices exist.

Somehow I KNEW this was going to be your response.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 am
*won
we'll fuck :ohno:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:20 am

With a czar, overseeing it? :lol:
every president since FDR has had czars....
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 am Didn't realize the Presidency was some dictatorship which creates all policy, and no other offices exist.

I'm pretty sure that the ctrl-left butt hurt over Trump winning has been worse than the alt-right butt hurt over Obama winning. I fully expect the alt-right butt hurt if Biden wins to be even worse. We've become a nation of Karens and Nancys throwing temper tantrums and complaining about the end of the republic when we don't get our way.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:Didn't realize the Presidency was some dictatorship which creates all policy, and no other offices exist.

YOU said it was my voting record.

Presidents direct foreign and trade policy and without a conscious policy of openness with China, all these “mistakes” leading to Chinese hegemony don’t happen. China policy has always started in the Oval Office. Every President since Nixon has driven the open arms approach with China. Their entry into every global economic forum has been facilitated directly by the Executive.

So in the arena you are claiming to know the answers to, yes- the Presidency does in fact create all policy.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:44 am

I'm pretty sure that the ctrl-left butt hurt over Trump winning has been worse than the alt-right butt hurt over Obama winning. I fully expect the alt-right butt hurt if Biden wins to be even worse. We've become a nation of Karens and Nancys throwing temper tantrums and complaining about the end of the republic when we don't get our way.
The difference being, the right won’t burn down the fucking country if we don’t get our way. We’re too busy actually working.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Trip - put down the fucking shovel.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Won in "04 and lost ever since. Fully expect to be a loser for the foreseeable future and I am fine with that. :nod:

My philosophy is to make the best decision I can with the information available to me and let the chips fall where they may.
Last edited by Winterborn on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:14 am

The difference being, the right won’t burn down the fucking country if we don’t get our way. We’re too busy actually working.
Somebody has to pay taxes. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

For the most part but were the Three Percenters taking vacation days?

There are a lot of criminals using social angst as an excuse to steal and destroy sh!t.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:22 pm

For the most part but were the Three Percenters taking vacation days?
No doubt. It’s the only explanation. :coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Also a nation of bleeding-heart “centrist” Church Ladies pontificating about the Karens and Nancys.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Who the hell did you vote for in all those years? :lol: Were you for John Anderson in ‘80? I hope it wasn’t Carter. :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:47 pm

Also a nation of bleeding-heart “centrist” Church Ladies pontificating about the Karens and Nancys.
You be quiet Nancy!

;)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Who the hell did you vote for in all those years? :lol: Were you for John Anderson in ‘80? I hope it wasn’t Carter. :ohno:
Yep, Anderson in ‘80.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Yep, Anderson in ‘80.
Anderson would have been a great President, IMHO
:thumb:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:31 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Yep, Anderson in ‘80.
I went to an Anderson gathering at Harvard Law School in ‘79. About 20 people showed up. The guy was earnest and answered everyone’s questions. Then he became a media phenomenon. He turned into the John Kasich of 1980, especially after he chose Donk Pat Lucey as his running mate. I went to another Anderson event at a Wilmington club in summer ‘80. Most of the supporters there were proudest of having been anti-Nixon in the mid-70s. He ended up getting, what, 6%? Not bad for a guy who looked like Mr. Peabody.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:39 pm
dbackjon wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:31 pm

I went to an Anderson gathering at Harvard Law School in ‘79. About 20 people showed up. The guy was earnest and answered everyone’s questions. Then he became a media phenomenon. He turned into the John Kasich of 1980, especially after he chose Donk Pat Lucey as his running mate. I went to another Anderson event at a Wilmington club in summer ‘80. Most of the supporters there were proudest of having been anti-Nixon in the mid-70s. He ended up getting, what, 6%? Not bad for a guy who looked like Mr. Peabody.
6.6%

I didn't turn 18 until after that election
:thumb: