Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Political discussions
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:23 am
houndawg wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 am

I'm going to need some labor if you know any white folk that that are worth hiring.
I know a couple Filipino's you can have for free.
My wife has a lifelong friend in San Diego that is Filipino. She married a white guy.
I call their daughter "Glass Half Filled".
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Turns out the guy who did the filming was much more involved than had been let on - even had damage to his car where he struck the victim while he was helping to box him in. These guys should go away for a long, long time.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Does seem pretty damning.

Why did it take 74 days and the video leaked to the public before there was an arrest? :suspicious:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:23 pm Turns out the guy who did the filming was much more involved than had been let on - even had damage to his car where he struck the victim while he was helping to box him in. These guys should go away for a long, long time.
Min life in prison with parole.

Georgia law defines felony murder as a killing caused by the commission of an underlying felony. It does not require intent to kill. The minimum penalty is life in prison with a chance of parole.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:39 pm Does seem pretty damning.

Why did it take 74 days and the video leaked to the public before there was an arrest? :suspicious:
Easy, corruption, cronyism, and racism. Without seeing that video most of us would never have known Arbery's name. Makes you worry how many times this has happened and we never heard about it because those other times didn't have videos. I'm against capital punishment, but I'm all for life sentences or very, very long prison time. These guys shouldn't see the light of day for decades for this crime.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:33 pm
Just makes my blood boil Hunted down like an animal. Chased, cornered, hit with a vehicle. Those three should never see freedom again.
:thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:55 pm

Easy, corruption, cronyism, and racism. Without seeing that video most of us would never have known Arbery's name. Makes you worry how many times this has happened and we never heard about it because those other times didn't have videos. I'm against capital punishment, but I'm all for life sentences or very, very long prison time. These guys shouldn't see the light of day for decades for this crime.
could you explain this "slower" to AZ... he's still confused about why people are mad

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:

My old FTO at CPD in Charleston when I was a rookie and showed me several old archived police reports dating back to the 1940s. One described a black man in dead in a car with bullet holes in the car and three holes in him. It was “possible suicide”... (he was likely killed by rivals but a suicide means case closed, no investigation necessary)

In all police reports, subjects are described by their identifiers such as hair and eye color, using three letter abbreviations like “BLU”, “BLD”, “BRN”, etc

For blacks, as late as the early 1970s, in Charleston hair color was always “BNK” and eye color was “MAR”

Black N Kinky

Maroon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:11 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:55 pm

could you explain this "slower" to AZ... he's still confused about why people are mad

You really don’t understand.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

The guy that filmed it cracked under pressure and is looking to shorten his sentence.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Hopefully justice is finding its way to Brunswick, Georgia

Link

The three white men accused in the death of Ahmaud Arbery, a Black man who was shot while he was jogging through a Glynn County, Ga., neighborhood this year, were indicted by a grand jury Wednesday.

Gregory and Travis McMichael, a father and son, as well as William "Roddie" Bryan, were charged in May in the Feb. 23 killing of Arbery.

Cobb County District Attorney Joyette Holmes announced the indictment on nine counts, including malice murder, felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:52 am Hopefully justice is finding its way to Brunswick, Georgia

Link

The three white men accused in the death of Ahmaud Arbery, a Black man who was shot while he was jogging through a Glynn County, Ga., neighborhood this year, were indicted by a grand jury Wednesday.

Gregory and Travis McMichael, a father and son, as well as William "Roddie" Bryan, were charged in May in the Feb. 23 killing of Arbery.

Cobb County District Attorney Joyette Holmes announced the indictment on nine counts, including malice murder, felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment.
This one, given the video, should be really easy to get significant convictions. Maybe they don't get the death penalty, but they should be in jail for an extremely long time.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:46 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:52 am Hopefully justice is finding its way to Brunswick, Georgia

Link

This one, given the video, should be really easy to get significant convictions. Maybe they don't get the death penalty, but they should be in jail for an extremely long time.
We just finished watching the series Rectify. A guy spent nearly 20 years on death row before being released on DNA evidence. No video, no DNA back in the day, and the guy spends 20 years in a box, albeit was a TV series. Still things like that happened.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:46 am

Link

Is what happened anecdotal evidence that whites are "inherently violent"?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:05 am
Chizzang wrote:
Think how many 7th day Adventists would get shot in Georgia if walking on to a property was illegal

:shock:

out here we've got Mormons gallivanting around our property all the fucking time... I'd love to start shooting at them
LOL
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:50 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:03 am

I don't think any of those previous incidents had a video as clear as this one was. The only one I can think of that was close to this was that cop in Charleston who shot the guy in the back as he ran away and then tried to plant a gun on him to cover it up. I agree, don't speak up as the facts are being assembled, but at some point there are enough facts that it's fine to speak up. These white dudes lynched the black guy in this case. They should go to jail for a long time. We all know there are certainly cases where there is racist crap that happens - when we see it on video we shouldn't resist calling it out for what it is. That will make it easier to wait for the facts on the other cases where it's not so clear. Your approach of not calling something like this a lynching is part of the problem - heck, these guys would've gotten away with this if not for that video coming out. That's where the real outrage should be.
A) why did it take so long for the video to come out? Who shot the video? Was it someone they knew?
B) how does ANY cop/detective/investigator look at THAT scene, even WITHOUT a video as evidence, and go “yeah, we’re good. Nothing to see here....”
Chizzang wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:11 pm
GannonFan wrote:

What in the actual fuck is Chizzy talking about here?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

A former district attorney in Georgia has been charged after allegedly interfering with the arrest of a man involved in the 2020 shooting death of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery.

Former Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson has been indicted on charges of violating her oath as a public officer and obstructing a police officer.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/us/ahmau ... index.html

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:01 am
A former district attorney in Georgia has been charged after allegedly interfering with the arrest of a man involved in the 2020 shooting death of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery.

Former Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson has been indicted on charges of violating her oath as a public officer and obstructing a police officer.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/03/us/ahmau ... index.html

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Good. This needs to happen more often
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

In the hands of the Jury.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Verdict is in. Waiting on announcement.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

T. McMichael convicted.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

All verdicts are in now. The entire triumvirate has been found guilty....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jury-ahmaud- ... 58023.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Deep down inside, progtard Twatterverse is not happy.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

William “Roddie” Bryan Jr., one of three men, accused of killing 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery, has been found guilty of felony murder.

Bryan now faces a maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Jurors convicted him of felony murder but acquitted him of the malice murder charge.

Bryan has also been indicted on separate federal hate crime charges, which include interference with rights and attempted kidnapping. Bryan pleaded not guilty to the federal charges.

The federal trial is set to take place in February. Since he was being held on the state charges, there has been no federal bond hearing yet. If convicted on the federal charges, he could face an additional penalty of up to life in prison.

Gregory McMichael, one of three men, accused of killing 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery, has been found guilty of felony murder.

McMichael now faces a maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

He has also been indicted on three separate federal hate crime charges, which include interference with rights, attempted kidnapping and using, carrying, brandishing, and discharging a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence. McMichael pleaded not guilty to the federal charges.

The federal trial is set to take place in February. Since he was being held on the state charges, there has been no federal bond hearing yet. If convicted on the federal charges, he could face an additional penalty of up to life in prison.

The man who shot and killed Ahmaud Arbery has been found guilty on all nine charges in the jogger’s death.

A jury found Travis McMichael guilty of malice murder, four counts of felony murder, two counts of aggravated assault, false imprisonment and criminal attempt to commit a felony.

McMichael was one of three defendants in the case, including his father, Gregory McMichael and their neighbor William "Roddie" Bryan. The men were charged with chasing and killing 25-year-old Arbery as he jogged through the Satilla Shores neighborhood near Brunswick, Georgia on Feb. 23, 2020.

McMichael now faces a minimum sentence of life in prison on the murder charges. Prosecutors have indicated that they will seek a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. The judge will decide whether his sentences will be served consecutively or concurrently.

In addition to the state charges, Travis McMichael was also indicted on three separate federal hate crime charges, including interference with rights, attempted kidnapping and using, carrying, brandishing, and discharging a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence. McMichael pleaded not guilty to the federal charges.

The federal trial is set to take place in February. Since he was being held on the state charges, a federal bond hearing has not yet been held. If convicted on the federal charges, he could face an additional sentence of up to life in prison.