Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Post by UNI88 »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:32 am
CID1990 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:25 am
Fucker

I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to line up the police report through a buddy still on the job. It was 2003.

I was going to avatar bet your ass and it was going to be a doozy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im just dumb enough to take that bet.............
I want to see this doozy, so let's just pretend that you took the bet, lost and need to change your avatar to something of CID's choice. :nod:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:32 am
andy7171 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:59 am The victim was inside another house under construction just before this chase and shooting occured. Not that it justifies a killing, but certainly runs opposite to him being innocently jogging.
I see no evidence that he wasn't out for a jog or a run. He stopped and looked at a house under construction, nothing stolen, nothing broken. I've done that many times and have never been chased down or shot. If I'm running and hiding from someone, I'm in the woods.
:suspicious: He tripped an alarm inside a house under construction. Have you ever entered a random house under construction and tripped an alarm while ‘out on a jog’? I know I haven’t..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:43 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:32 am

I see no evidence that he wasn't out for a jog or a run. He stopped and looked at a house under construction, nothing stolen, nothing broken. I've done that many times and have never been chased down or shot. If I'm running and hiding from someone, I'm in the woods.
:suspicious: He tripped an alarm inside a house under construction. Have you ever entered a random house under construction and tripped an alarm while ‘out on a jog’? I know I haven’t..
I'm not seeing the part about tripping an alarm at the house under construction. I see where a security camera taped him and he was there for approx 5 minutes and didn't do anything against the law.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:51 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:43 pm :suspicious: He tripped an alarm inside a house under construction. Have you ever entered a random house under construction and tripped an alarm while ‘out on a jog’? I know I haven’t..
I'm not seeing the part about tripping an alarm at the house under construction. I see where a security camera taped him and he was there for approx 5 minutes and didn't do anything against the law.
Wouldn't he technically have been trespassing at that point then?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 am
mainejeff wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:29 am This thread is so laughable......we always seem to get one annual CS.com thread where a racist murder is so apparent that 95% of you pile on to denounce the murder and wash your consciences for another year. :roll:

On to 2021! :lol:

:coffee:
And what do you do that makes you better than that 95%?
YOU are the one that perceives me better than 95%....YOUR problem.

Go Black Bears!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Here is the Georgia Law, not sure on the specific county or township.

(a) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she intentionally damages any property of another without consent of that other person and the damage thereto is $500.00 or less or knowingly and maliciously interferes with the possession or use of the property of another person without consent of that person.

(b) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she knowingly and without authority:

(1) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person for an unlawful purpose;

(2) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving, prior to such entry, notice from the owner, rightful occupant, or, upon proper identification, an authorized representative of the owner or rightful occupant that such entry is forbidden; or

(3) Remains upon the land or premises of another person or within the vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person after receiving notice from the owner, rightful occupant, or, upon proper identification, an authorized representative of the owner or rightful occupant to depart.

(c) For the purposes of subsection (b) of this Code section, permission to enter or invitation to enter given by a minor who is or is not present on or in the property of the minor's parent or guardian is not sufficient to allow lawful entry of another person upon the land, premises, vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft owned or rightfully occupied by such minor's parent or guardian if such parent or guardian has previously given notice that such entry is forbidden or notice to depart.

(d) A person who commits the offense of criminal trespass shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

(e) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she intentionally defaces, mutilates, or defiles any grave marker, monument, or memorial to one or more deceased persons who served in the military service of this state, the United States of America or any of the states thereof, or the Confederate States of America or any of the states thereof, or a monument, plaque, marker, or memorial which is dedicated to, honors, or recounts the military service of any past or present military personnel of this state, the United States of America or any of the states thereof, or the Confederate States of America or any of the states thereof if such grave marker, monument, memorial, plaque, or marker is privately owned or located on land which is privately owned.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:49 am
UNI88 wrote:
And what do you do that makes you better than that 95%?
He does welfare and anal

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
He didn't ask for your opinion.

Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Chizzang wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 am Image
These 2 scream CS.com forum groupies.

Go Black Bears!
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:03 pm
Winterborn wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Here is the Georgia Law, not sure on the specific county or township.

(a) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she intentionally damages any property of another without consent of that other person and the damage thereto is $500.00 or less or knowingly and maliciously interferes with the possession or use of the property of another person without consent of that person.

(b) A person commits the offense of criminal trespass when he or she knowingly and without authority:

(1) Enters upon the land or premises of another person or into any part of any vehicle, railroad car, aircraft, or watercraft of another person for an unlawful purpose;
I guess it would depend. I can see several avenues of defense by the defendant for using Trespassing. Assuming they actually own the land/house that the incident occurred on.

Does that justify (or any other defense) the amount of force used is big question.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:43 pm :suspicious: He tripped an alarm inside a house under construction. Have you ever entered a random house under construction and tripped an alarm while ‘out on a jog’? I know I haven’t..
If you enter someone else’s house (whether its open because its under construction or not), at a minimim that’s tresspassing. Again, if you’re out on a jog, you’re not entering someone else’s house..

Edit: I see Winterborn already beat me too it.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:23 pm

If you enter someone else’s house (whether its open because its under construction or not), at a minimim that’s tresspassing. Again, if you’re out on a jog, you’re not entering someone else’s house..

There is an argument either way with how the statue is written (at least with how I am reading it). It depends on what they can prove/imply what the "intent" of the deceased was.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Winterborn wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:51 pm I'm not seeing the part about tripping an alarm at the house under construction. I see where a security camera taped him and he was there for approx 5 minutes and didn't do anything against the law.
Not if the property wasn’t marked “no trespassing”.

GA’s law is similar to SC’s. Trespassing requires notice, unless the perpetrator also commits vandalism, theft, or some other crime while on the premises.

Check the law you posted.. it has “after notice” in there in the second or third element.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:51 pm I'm not seeing the part about tripping an alarm at the house under construction. I see where a security camera taped him and he was there for approx 5 minutes and didn't do anything against the law.

Read the law he posted.

If there was a sign on the property then yeah. But I don’t know if that’s established.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:49 am He does welfare and anal

Fuck you it's America and I will say what I want when I want. You will have to deal with that

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:13 pm
Winterborn wrote:
Not if the property wasn’t marked “no trespassing”.

GA’s law is similar to SC’s. Trespassing requires notice, unless the perpetrator also commits vandalism, theft, or some other crime while on the premises.

Check the law you posted.. it has “after notice” in there in the second or third element.
Yup, I caught that re-reading the referenced section. There are two paths to prove trespassing (which you mentioned); one/both/neither could be valid depending on the facts of the case. Based on what has been posted, it is probably neither but the whole story isn't known yet and that is just me speculating.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:14 pm
BDKJMU wrote: If you enter someone else’s house (whether its open because its under construction or not), at a minimim that’s tresspassing. Again, if you’re out on a jog, you’re not entering someone else’s house..

Read the law he posted.

If there was a sign on the property then yeah. But I don’t know if that’s established.
So hypothetically speaking, in GA, SC, (and some other states I presume), if you didn’t have a no tresspass sign in your yard, someone could walk into your unlocked house, irregardless of how long they spent there, and as long as they didn’t steal or intentionally break or damage anything, there’s no tresspass?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:43 pm

Read the law he posted.

So hypothetically speaking, in GA, SC, (and some other states I presume), if you didn’t have a no tresspass sign in your yard, someone could walk into your unlocked house, irregardless of how long they spent there, and as long as they didn’t steal or intentionally break or damage anything, there’s no tresspass?
Have to have a lawyer weigh in on that one. It use to be commonplace for people open a door and take a couple steps in and ask if anyone was home. My parents home and other homes, you had to walk into the garage to get to the main door. Most people lock their doors now.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:44 pm
mainejeff wrote:

Fuck you it's America and I will say what I want when I want. You will have to deal with that

Back at ya buddy. :thumb:
Go Black Bears!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Read the law he posted.

Think how many 7th day Adventists would get shot in Georgia if walking on to a property was illegal

:shock:

out here we've got Mormons gallivanting around our property all the fucking time... I'd love to start shooting at them
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Read the law he posted.

*regardless
*trespass
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Chizzang wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:43 pm So hypothetically speaking, in GA, SC, (and some other states I presume), if you didn’t have a no tresspass sign in your yard, someone could walk into your unlocked house, irregardless of how long they spent there, and as long as they didn’t steal or intentionally break or damage anything, there’s no tresspass?

Think how many 7th day Adventists would get shot in Georgia if walking on to a property was illegal

out here we've got Mormons gallivanting around our property all the fucking time... I'd love to start shooting at them

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:05 pm
houndawg wrote:
Just happened to be following a truck carrying three armed men as they rolled up on a burglar running down the street. Even manuvered the car to try and keep the kid in sight when the kid tried to avoid what he probably saw as a rapidly deteriorating situation
That the vid taker is involved is one of the most obvious takeaways from the video

Congrats Junior G-Man here’s your plastic badge

Why thank you, Priscilla. :thumb:

(Hope they fry that pig fucker's kid).
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

mainejeff wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:06 pm
Chizzang wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:23 am Image
These 2 scream CS.com forum groupies.

CID and his boy SDHornet :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:02 am
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Show me one example of a cop arresting another cop on the spot. When a power tripping tactical Timmy violates a citizen and right then and there the good cop arrests the other one.

I'll wait.

I have done it my own self, Mr. I’ll Wait

Arrested one of my own off duty patrolmen for assaulting his date in downtown Charleston. His name was Cotton, feel free to FOIA it with CPD.

And I know of cops who have been arrested all over the place, in every jurisdiction I am familiar with. On view arrests. It literally happens at about the same frequency that you shitpost.

Who's left to arrest the civilian criminals?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:05 am
Chizzang wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We used to have a 105 lb coonhound that kept 4 of them who had somehow found our place bottled up in a Honda Civic until they gave up and left. Haven't seen them or a Mormon since.