Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:00 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:56 pm
Filmed by who?
There was security camera at the house where it showed Arbery doing nothing wrong, not stealing anything,etc... As I recall, even the homeowner responded that he was ok with it.

And remember, that was the defense those hicks gave - there had been reports of theft. However, the police said there hadn't been.
Odd someone would bother to post a security camera(s) and not no tresspassing on a home being privately built.

Bobby said was neighborhood kids filmed taking lumber. Maybe there was no theft report..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:56 am

There was security camera at the house where it showed Arbery doing nothing wrong, not stealing anything,etc... As I recall, even the homeowner responded that he was ok with it.

And remember, that was the defense those hicks gave - there had been reports of theft. However, the police said there hadn't been.
Odd someone would bother to post a security camera(s) and not no tresspassing on a home being privately built.

Bobby said was neighborhood kids filmed taking lumber. Maybe there was no theft report..
From the trial the homeowner was not okay with people coming into the construction. But he did say there was nothing on the cameras to ever show that Arbery had touched anything, let alone taken anything. Odd enough, he had video of the white kids stealing plywood and of a white couple that stole things from a boat he had on property. As far as I know, these guys didn't try to rundown and kill the kids or the couple. Odd indeed.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I know contractors will post security cameras to deal with equipment theft.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:45 am
93henfan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:16 am I still think Aubrey and the dude with the phone both got Mossed. Everyone else pretty much got what they deserved.

The lesson learned here is that if you see a son driving his pickup with his dad standing in the bed with a gun, and you're in Georgia, run the fuck away and don't record it with your phone. And if you accidentally recorded it, throw your phone in the closest body of water and refuse to cooperate with authorities.
Also a good rule of thumb, if you see two rednecks in a truck with guns chasing down a Black guy running on foot, don't jump into your own vehicle and use it to help the aforementioned rednecks box the guy in and shoot him in the street.
I must be seeing a second person's video, because in the one I saw the person recording was well behind the truck and not boxing anyone in. I guess there were two videos circulating.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:41 pm

Of course. Why not post it also. Yeah, a sign isn’t going to stop a lot of people, but its another charge charge that could tacked on to any vandalism, burglary/theft, arson, etc, or just someone that might be casing the place.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:08 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:41 pm

Of course. Why not post it also. Yeah, a sign isn’t going to stop a lot of people, but its another charge charge that could tacked on to any vandalism, burglary/theft, arson, etc, or just someone that might be casing the place.
I get it. At the cabin we have no trespassing signs, no hunting signs, you are being video-taped signs in addition to Purple blazes on the trees (like that helps :roll: ) but it seems at least 2-3x a week the Ring camera alerts us to someone walking on the property to take a picture of the waterfall. They aren't breaking in, just taking a picture, so we don't get in a tizzy over it.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:49 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:45 am

Also a good rule of thumb, if you see two rednecks in a truck with guns chasing down a Black guy running on foot, don't jump into your own vehicle and use it to help the aforementioned rednecks box the guy in and shoot him in the street.
I must be seeing a second person's video, because in the one I saw the person recording was well behind the truck and not boxing anyone in. I guess there were two videos circulating.
The guy had a dent in his truck where Arbery contacted the vehicle and they had Arbery's fingerprints and fibers from his clothes on the vehicle. The neighbor thought it would be fun to hop in his vehicle and chase after a Black guy with the other two rednecks. Turned out not to be so much fun after they killed the guy. Hey, at least this guy was remorseful, the two rednecks stomp around after shooting him and call the corpse a bunch of names.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 pm
I get it. At the cabin we have no trespassing signs, no hunting signs, you are being video-taped signs in addition to Purple blazes on the trees (like that helps :roll: ) but it seems at least 2-3x a week the Ring camera alerts us to someone walking on the property to take a picture of the waterfall. They aren't breaking in, just taking a picture, so we don't get in a tizzy over it.
Signs, Signs, everywhere signs.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:16 am I still think Aubrey and the dude with the phone both got Mossed. Everyone else pretty much got what they deserved.

The lesson learned here is that if you see your buddy and his son driving his pickup with his dad standing in the bed with a gun, and you're in Georgia, run the fuck away and don't record it with your phone. And if you accidentally recorded it, throw your phone in the closest body of water and refuse to cooperate with authorities.
I guess we're not talking about criminal masterminds here. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I’d expect y’all to have teal..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:45 pm

:lol: You'd think, right? Blue blazes are to indicate water is nearby..so we'll take that. :)
The new Landowner Protection Act provides two ways for landholders to post their lands to allow only hunters, trappers and anglers with written permission to legally enter their property:

As permitted in the past, the landholder can place notices, signs, or posters on the property boundaries at a distance of 200 yards apart or closer.
A new way for landholders to post their property is with purple paint. The landholder can paint a vertical line of purple paint on trees or posts around property boundary, or areas intended to prohibit trespass. The paint line needs to be at least 8" long and the bottom of the line should be between 3' and 5' from the base of the tree or post. The paint marks need to be placed 100 yards apart or closer.
https://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/Laws ... ection-Act

https://www.charlottestories.com/see-pu ... away-asap/
The law was initially enacted to make it easier and more permanent for land owners to post “no trespassing” warnings around their property without worrying about the signs being ripped down or blown off.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:46 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:45 pm
:lol: You'd think, right? Blue blazes are to indicate water is nearby..so we'll take that. :)
The new Landowner Protection Act provides two ways for landholders to post their lands to allow only hunters, trappers and anglers with written permission to legally enter their property:

As permitted in the past, the landholder can place notices, signs, or posters on the property boundaries at a distance of 200 yards apart or closer.
A new way for landholders to post their property is with purple paint. The landholder can paint a vertical line of purple paint on trees or posts around property boundary, or areas intended to prohibit trespass. The paint line needs to be at least 8" long and the bottom of the line should be between 3' and 5' from the base of the tree or post. The paint marks need to be placed 100 yards apart or closer.
https://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/Laws ... ection-Act

https://www.charlottestories.com/see-pu ... away-asap/
The law was initially enacted to make it easier and more permanent for land owners to post “no trespassing” warnings around their property without worrying about the signs being ripped down or blown off.
Deadfalls, snares, and punji sticks work better. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein