Are you wearing a mask?

Political discussions
Post Reply

Are you wearing a mask when you go out in public?

Yes
22
50%
No
22
50%
 
Total votes: 44

Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10796
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by Vidav »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:51 pm
I will never wear a mask for any reason other than chemical Warfare and Halloween.

I won't shop in places that force me to wear one and I won't shop there after they change back to no masks.


Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Do you also refuse to shop in places that require shoes and shirts?
93 had something to do with this:
Image

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:01 am
The poll results on this thread are why we can’t have nice things.
You say that, but I find it encouraging. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 46293
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:14 am
kalm wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:01 am
The poll results on this thread are why we can’t have nice things.
You say that, but I find it encouraging. :coffee:
Why?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:20 am
Winterborn wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:14 am


You say that, but I find it encouraging. :coffee:
Why?
Because people are thinking for themselves without being told to. A thinking population is a good one, what that choice is to me immaterial. My post in the COVID thread touched on it a bit, but to me it shows people are making the choice on their own and I find that freedom to be much more encouraging then the fact that the dissenters are not wearing masks. Peoples ideas and thoughts have changed (just look at the sentiment now vs when it started in the threads on this board) and those that need to are wearing a mask by their choice.

I would rather have the freedom to choose for myself (and suffer those consequences) then to be told what to do. And as for the effect on others, if I am around those that are at high risk, I will put one one. But it is out of respect for them and not because I was told to do it. If they don't ask, I will make that choice myself.

Freedom always has a cost. And I would rather error on the side of more freedom with a higher death count then the alternative. Anecdotal evidence but just about every person that I have talked to from age 50 to 90 (about 20 or so individuals from all walks of life) feels similar. I will concede that I may be confirming my own bias or maybe the area/people I interact with are different then other parts of the country. Laws once enacted don't go away and power/authority taken just doesn't disappear but builds up overtime.

Anyway that is just my opinion on the whole matter. I tend to take a very long view on things and sometimes that can cloud my outlook.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16113
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Vidav wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:51 pm
I will never wear a mask for any reason other than chemical Warfare and Halloween.

I won't shop in places that force me to wear one and I won't shop there after they change back to no masks.


Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Do you also refuse to shop in places that require shoes and shirts?
Only ones that don't let you carry a firearm. Fuck those third world losers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 46293
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:50 am
kalm wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:20 am


Why?
Because people are thinking for themselves without being told to. A thinking population is a good one, what that choice is to me immaterial. My post in the COVID thread touched on it a bit, but to me it shows people are making the choice on their own and I find that freedom to be much more encouraging then the fact that the dissenters are not wearing masks. Peoples ideas and thoughts have changed (just look at the sentiment now vs when it started in the threads on this board) and those that need to are wearing a mask by their choice.

I would rather have the freedom to choose for myself (and suffer those consequences) then to be told what to do. And as for the effect on others, if I am around those that are at high risk, I will put one one. But it is out of respect for them and not because I was told to do it. If they don't ask, I will make that choice myself.

Freedom always has a cost. And I would rather error on the side of more freedom with a higher death count then the alternative. Anecdotal evidence but just about every person that I have talked to from age 50 to 90 (about 20 or so individuals from all walks of life) feels similar. I will concede that I may be confirming my own bias or maybe the area/people I interact with are different then other parts of the country. Laws once enacted don't go away and power/authority taken just doesn't disappear but builds up overtime.

Anyway that is just my opinion on the whole matter. I tend to take a very long view on things and sometimes that can cloud my outlook.
I agree with much of what you’ve said. My point is that not enough people voluntarily wear a mask. If they did, government wouldn’t have to interfere. We are a low and biased information and selfish culture and many will pay the price for that through future lost freedoms or their lives.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16113
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

The only freedoms being lost are those of people who try and tell me what to do.

They have to deal with the consequences of their attempted actions

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:17 am
Winterborn wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:50 am


Because people are thinking for themselves without being told to. A thinking population is a good one, what that choice is to me immaterial. My post in the COVID thread touched on it a bit, but to me it shows people are making the choice on their own and I find that freedom to be much more encouraging then the fact that the dissenters are not wearing masks. Peoples ideas and thoughts have changed (just look at the sentiment now vs when it started in the threads on this board) and those that need to are wearing a mask by their choice.

I would rather have the freedom to choose for myself (and suffer those consequences) then to be told what to do. And as for the effect on others, if I am around those that are at high risk, I will put one one. But it is out of respect for them and not because I was told to do it. If they don't ask, I will make that choice myself.

Freedom always has a cost. And I would rather error on the side of more freedom with a higher death count then the alternative. Anecdotal evidence but just about every person that I have talked to from age 50 to 90 (about 20 or so individuals from all walks of life) feels similar. I will concede that I may be confirming my own bias or maybe the area/people I interact with are different then other parts of the country. Laws once enacted don't go away and power/authority taken just doesn't disappear but builds up overtime.

Anyway that is just my opinion on the whole matter. I tend to take a very long view on things and sometimes that can cloud my outlook.
I agree with much of what you’ve said. My point is that not enough people voluntarily wear a mask. If they did, government wouldn’t have to interfere. We are a low and biased information and selfish culture and many will pay the price for that through future lost freedoms or their lives.
I disagree on the governments not interfering portion because if there is one thing that governments excel at, it is interfering. But that is a different discussion. ;)

Yes we are. And this sounds very harsh or uncaring but that is life and the price of freedom. Doing x led to y. The old adage of leading a horse to water but not being able to force him to drink is true. In this day and age with the internet and google. Information is only a few clicks away if a person chooses to go look for it.

I don't want to come across trying to argue that my way is the right way to look at it, it is just my opinion. You have a very valid point and I really don't disagree with it outside of long term side results that are happening (from a legal standpoint and hence my concern). I fully realize that I am coming from a position of relative safety (between area, health, age, etc) that can and does influence my viewpoint. If I was in a different area or different conditions, I very well might feel different.

We are both looking at the question from different viewpoints. Neither of them is better than the other, as I believe both must be considered. I just have this feeling that the concern is coming from one viewpoint only and that the other side of the coin is being forgotten in the name of doing something. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:50 am
kalm wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:20 am
Why?
Because people are thinking for themselves without being told to. A thinking population is a good one, what that choice is to me immaterial. My post in the COVID thread touched on it a bit, but to me it shows people are making the choice on their own and I find that freedom to be much more encouraging then the fact that the dissenters are not wearing masks. Peoples ideas and thoughts have changed (just look at the sentiment now vs when it started in the threads on this board) and those that need to are wearing a mask by their choice.

I would rather have the freedom to choose for myself (and suffer those consequences) then to be told what to do. And as for the effect on others, if I am around those that are at high risk, I will put one one. But it is out of respect for them and not because I was told to do it. If they don't ask, I will make that choice myself.

Freedom always has a cost. And I would rather error on the side of more freedom with a higher death count then the alternative. Anecdotal evidence but just about every person that I have talked to from age 50 to 90 (about 20 or so individuals from all walks of life) feels similar. I will concede that I may be confirming my own bias or maybe the area/people I interact with are different then other parts of the country. Laws once enacted don't go away and power/authority taken just doesn't disappear but builds up overtime.

Anyway that is just my opinion on the whole matter. I tend to take a very long view on things and sometimes that can cloud my outlook.
:thumb: I would guess that the numbers would be different if you did a new poll starting today. I wear a mask in stores and other public locations now and I wasn't then.

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:17 am
Winterborn wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:50 am

Because people are thinking for themselves without being told to. A thinking population is a good one, what that choice is to me immaterial. My post in the COVID thread touched on it a bit, but to me it shows people are making the choice on their own and I find that freedom to be much more encouraging then the fact that the dissenters are not wearing masks. Peoples ideas and thoughts have changed (just look at the sentiment now vs when it started in the threads on this board) and those that need to are wearing a mask by their choice.

I would rather have the freedom to choose for myself (and suffer those consequences) then to be told what to do. And as for the effect on others, if I am around those that are at high risk, I will put one one. But it is out of respect for them and not because I was told to do it. If they don't ask, I will make that choice myself.

Freedom always has a cost. And I would rather error on the side of more freedom with a higher death count then the alternative. Anecdotal evidence but just about every person that I have talked to from age 50 to 90 (about 20 or so individuals from all walks of life) feels similar. I will concede that I may be confirming my own bias or maybe the area/people I interact with are different then other parts of the country. Laws once enacted don't go away and power/authority taken just doesn't disappear but builds up overtime.

Anyway that is just my opinion on the whole matter. I tend to take a very long view on things and sometimes that can cloud my outlook.
I agree with much of what you’ve said. My point is that not enough people voluntarily wear a mask. If they did, government wouldn’t have to interfere. We are a low and biased information and selfish culture and many will pay the price for that through future lost freedoms or their lives.
Is it ok for the government to interfere to save lives? How does that apply to abortion?

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 44087
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:37 am
kalm wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:17 am


I agree with much of what you’ve said. My point is that not enough people voluntarily wear a mask. If they did, government wouldn’t have to interfere. We are a low and biased information and selfish culture and many will pay the price for that through future lost freedoms or their lives.
Is it ok for the government to interfere to save lives? How does that apply to abortion?
Allowing abortions saves lives - keeps the women from dying in back-alley or do-it at home abortions!


Thanks for caring about women's health! :thumb:
:thumb:

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:29 am
UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:37 am

Is it ok for the government to interfere to save lives? How does that apply to abortion?
Allowing abortions saves lives - keeps the women from dying in back-alley or do-it at home abortions!

Thanks for caring about women's health! :thumb:
It also kills the baby every time. You can say it's not a life yet but others disagree.

I have conflicted feelings about abortion but I think there are parallels between masks and abortion when discussing government interference in personal choices to save lives.

User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 44087
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am
dbackjon wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:29 am


Allowing abortions saves lives - keeps the women from dying in back-alley or do-it at home abortions!

Thanks for caring about women's health! :thumb:
It also kills the baby every time. You can say it's not a life yet but others disagree.

I have conflicted feelings about abortion but I think there are parallels between masks and abortion when discussing government interference in personal choices to save lives.
Abortion never kills a baby. 66% of abortions are done BEFORE 8 weeks, when it is a bundle of cells.

Pregnancy is not communicable.


You are channelling Z
:thumb:

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:58 am
UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am
It also kills the baby every time. You can say it's not a life yet but others disagree.

I have conflicted feelings about abortion but I think there are parallels between masks and abortion when discussing government interference in personal choices to save lives.
Abortion never kills a baby. 66% of abortions are done BEFORE 8 weeks, when it is a bundle of cells.

Pregnancy is not communicable.

You are channelling Z
That is your opinion not a fact.

The fetus is a developing life.

Sometime in the next 100 years science we will advance to the point where that "bundle of cells" will be viable. At that point, people may look back on pro-choice advocates as deplorables similar to how you view confederates.

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14105
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:58 am
UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am


It also kills the baby every time. You can say it's not a life yet but others disagree.

I have conflicted feelings about abortion but I think there are parallels between masks and abortion when discussing government interference in personal choices to save lives.
Abortion never kills a baby. 66% of abortions are done BEFORE 8 weeks, when it is a bundle of cells.

Pregnancy is not communicable.


You are channelling Z
Why are you anti-science? Science says it's a human life, just at its earliest stages. At least admit that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 10796
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by Vidav »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:59 am
Vidav wrote:
Do you also refuse to shop in places that require shoes and shirts?
Only ones that don't let you carry a firearm. Fuck those third world losers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Biggest snowflake around. "omg they want me to wear a mask1!!!!!!!1311!#@!!!!" You are such a pussy.
93 had something to do with this:
Image

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 46293
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:05 pm
dbackjon wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:58 am


Abortion never kills a baby. 66% of abortions are done BEFORE 8 weeks, when it is a bundle of cells.

Pregnancy is not communicable.

You are channelling Z
That is your opinion not a fact.

The fetus is a developing life.

Sometime in the next 100 years science we will advance to the point where that "bundle of cells" will be viable. At that point, people may look back on pro-choice advocates as deplorables similar to how you view confederates.
I’m just glad my shower drain can’t get pregnant.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16113
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

dbackjon wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:37 am
Is it ok for the government to interfere to save lives? How does that apply to abortion?
Allowing abortions saves lives - keeps the women from dying in back-alley or do-it at home abortions!


Thanks for caring about women's health! :thumb:
Those cunts should have thought about that before fucking the football team.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16113
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Vidav wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:59 am
Only ones that don't let you carry a firearm. Fuck those third world losers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Biggest snowflake around. "omg they want me to wear a mask1!!!!!!!1311!#@!!!!" You are such a pussy.
Cool

Still not wearing a mask you douchebag

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 8274
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by UNI88 »


kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:05 pm
That is your opinion not a fact.

The fetus is a developing life.

Sometime in the next 100 years science we will advance to the point where that "bundle of cells" will be viable. At that point, people may look back on pro-choice advocates as deplorables similar to how you view confederates.
I’m just glad my shower drain can’t get pregnant.
There you go blaming the drain. Typical male chauvinist blaming his sperm depository. :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11212
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:05 pm
dbackjon wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:58 am


Abortion never kills a baby. 66% of abortions are done BEFORE 8 weeks, when it is a bundle of cells.

Pregnancy is not communicable.

You are channelling Z
That is your opinion not a fact.

The fetus is a developing life.

Sometime in the next 100 years science we will advance to the point where that "bundle of cells" will be viable. At that point, people may look back on pro-choice advocates as deplorables similar to how you view confederates.
Perhaps - and maybe I read too much sci fi - but I find the (liberal) world more likely shifting into designer babies and eugenics than the other way around. The only reason eugenics fell out of favor is the Nazi abuse of the technology, but even now the discussions are beginning to creep up again. For an extra cost we already allow people to choose the sex of their children through IVF, so the next logical step is giving people more choice in the matter. As humans, perfection is never something we've chased very well, but we chase it nonetheless.

In a hundred years, I could easily imagine an ad projected on your holosquare:

"THINKING OF A NEW CHILD? COME TO 'DR. TRIP DESIGNER BABIES' FOR A FREE CONSULTATION! AND IF YOUR FETUS DOESN'T SHOW THE FEATURES YOU WANTED, WE'LL REFUND YOUR MONEY AND THE ABORTION IS ON US, FREE OF CHARGE! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?"

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 54065
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:41 am
It also kills the baby every time. You can say it's not a life yet but others disagree.

I have conflicted feelings about abortion but I think there are parallels between masks and abortion when discussing government interference in personal choices to save lives.
Abortion never kills a baby. 66% of abortions are done BEFORE 8 weeks, when it is a bundle of cells.

Pregnancy is not communicable.


You are channelling Z
The other 44% isn’t life then?

It’s a life. Plain and simple.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 36847
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by CAA Flagship »

Fauci really fucked up the mask messaging. I mentioned this in the COVID thread a while back. He went way overboard saying that the mask helps protect others. At one briefing, I heard Birx mention that a mask can help protect the wearer, but after that one time, their message was that it was more about protecting others.

If they spent equal time on the benefit to the public AND the wearer (regardless of the proportional benefit), there would probably be better usage. It's a lack of understanding that many people look out for "Number 1" first. Gottlieb (probably realizing the problem) has started to message the idea that masks also protect the wearer the last couple of days.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 36847
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:55 am
dbackjon wrote:
Abortion never kills a baby. 66% of abortions are done BEFORE 8 weeks, when it is a bundle of cells.

Pregnancy is not communicable.


You are channelling Z
The other 44% isn’t life then?

It’s a life. Plain and simple.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
*34% :coffee:

User avatar
Winterborn
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: Are you wearing a mask?

Post by Winterborn »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:45 am
UNI88 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:05 pm


That is your opinion not a fact.

The fetus is a developing life.

Sometime in the next 100 years science we will advance to the point where that "bundle of cells" will be viable. At that point, people may look back on pro-choice advocates as deplorables similar to how you view confederates.
Perhaps - and maybe I read too much sci fi - but I find the (liberal) world more likely shifting into designer babies and eugenics than the other way around. The only reason eugenics fell out of favor is the Nazi abuse of the technology, but even now the discussions are beginning to creep up again. For an extra cost we already allow people to choose the sex of their children through IVF, so the next logical step is giving people more choice in the matter. As humans, perfection is never something we've chased very well, but we chase it nonetheless.

In a hundred years, I could easily imagine an ad projected on your holosquare:

"THINKING OF A NEW CHILD? COME TO 'DR. TRIP DESIGNER BABIES' FOR A FREE CONSULTATION! AND IF YOUR FETUS DOESN'T SHOW THE FEATURES YOU WANTED, WE'LL REFUND YOUR MONEY AND THE ABORTION IS ON US, FREE OF CHARGE! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?"
Just before the Eugenics Wars then. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

"Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams.” - Anon

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein

Post Reply