Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Positives from Covid-19

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:09 am

If the government can require that people wear masks, can they not also require the opposite? Could they rule that hijabs are illegal because they interfere with identification which is necessary to protect people from criminal activity or some other reason?
That’s a good example of what I’m getting at. Our ongoing battle. Health codes require me to have a bleach bucket and hand washing station within 10 feet of all food and beverage prep work stations. That’s a forced expense on me that takes away my rights to run a business as I see fit.

Why do they impose that and is it constitutional?
Case in point. Right by us and some of their customers play and drink at my course.

“Airway Heights bar to open Wednesday in defiance of state order
Posted: May 12, 2020 4:27 AM
by Kyle Simchuk

AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. — The owners of Village Tavern in Airway Heights will open their doors Wednesday and pour drinks in defiance of Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order.

Jean Moore, who co-owns the bar, said she hopes to inspire other businesses to do the same despite top health experts saying it’s too soon to reopen bars and restaurants completely.

“I believe that we could set a precedent for other bars that are concerned about opening up,” Moore said. “I really just don’t think we are the bad guys in all of this.”...............

Moore said she has a lawyer and was told she would likely have a strong case against the state.

“He basically said they don’t have a foot to stand on. They are crushing your civil liberties,” Moore said.“

https://www.kxly.com/airway-heights-bar ... _kxly4news
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:10 am
kalm wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:57 am

Define and expand upon the rights of others beyond just speech, association, arms.
I won't bother you as long as you don't bother me.
* Except for babies in the womb.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:04 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:10 am

I won't bother you as long as you don't bother me.
I'm anti-abortion except in extreme cases like rape, incest or the mothers health
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:32 am
89Hen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:04 am

I'm anti-abortion except in extreme cases like rape, incest or the mothers health
:thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:32 am
Even then...I struggle with it.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:29 am
89Hen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:39 am

Even with health of the mother? I think that's the one that's as close to universal agreement as we'll get, and yet there's still fringe folks who wouldn't allow it then.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:28 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:29 am

Even with health of the mother? I think that's the one that's as close to universal agreement as we'll get, and yet there's still fringe folks who wouldn't allow it then.
But the problem with that one is "health". I've heard pro-choice side try to argue mental health and financial health. So if she'd be mentally fatigued by having a baby...
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:56 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:28 am

But the problem with that one is "health". I've heard pro-choice side try to argue mental health and financial health. So if she'd be mentally fatigued by having a baby...
I always took it to be life or death - either the baby comes out or the mother dies. Anything else is no longer the same discussion.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:30 am
I always took it to be life or death - either the baby comes out or the mother dies. Anything else is no longer the same discussion.
I agree, but of course, others do not.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:30 am
I agree. This is my position.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

A civil abortion discussion. :o :clap:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:50 pm A civil abortion discussion. :o :clap:
Only because cleets, jeff and jon aren't here yet.

In fairness, it's because it's a one sided discussion.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
kalm wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:14 am It could indeed use its own thread.

Short list of constitutional rights I’ve learned:

I have the right to fish on closed tribal land. It’s the opposite of the public confederate flag display arguments from what I understand.

I have the right to not wear a mask while in a private business that requires them. I’m looking at you Costco.

A restaurant has the right to disobey emergency regional and state health code restrictions.

I have the right to practice my faith in a brick and mortar church.

I have the right to play golf in a foursome, two to a cart.
I've got the right to do whatever I want as long as I don't infringe the rights of others.
:coffee: You don't bother me and I won't bother you. But don't be shocked when I exercise my right to free speech, free association or bear arms if you want to mess with my family or I.
Racist

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

The problem with abortion is more of a problem with modern politics

The only people who make abortion an all-or-nothing proposition are mainly on the fringes of the argument... the “no abortion under any circumstanced” crowd, and the “all abortion all the time” crowd. Neither of these groups holds anything approaching a significant percentage of the population.

Most Americans are for the right to abortion, with caveats. Health of the mother. Rape and incest. Viability of the fetus.

But because it is political, way too many people who would otherwise support a compromise solution have been drawn into the extremities of their political affiliation. So we devolve into an all or nothing argument (even though most of us will concede some ground on either side).

This country really needs someone with a foot planted in each side of the spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 pm

This country really needs someone with a foot planted in each side of the spectrum.

Okay, okay, I'll think about running for office then. :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:46 am

That’s a good example of what I’m getting at. Our ongoing battle. Health codes require me to have a bleach bucket and hand washing station within 10 feet of all food and beverage prep work stations. That’s a forced expense on me that takes away my rights to run a business as I see fit.

Case in point. Right by us and some of their customers play and drink at my course.

by Kyle Simchuk

AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. — The owners of Village Tavern in Airway Heights will open their doors Wednesday and pour drinks in defiance of Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order.

Jean Moore, who co-owns the bar, said she hopes to inspire other businesses to do the same despite top health experts saying it’s too soon to reopen bars and restaurants completely.

“I believe that we could set a precedent for other bars that are concerned about opening up,” Moore said. “I really just don’t think we are the bad guys in all of this.”...............

Moore said she has a lawyer and was told she would likely have a strong case against the state.

“He basically said they don’t have a foot to stand on. They are crushing your civil liberties,” Moore said.“

They’ve decided against it. Someone must have had a call from the liquor control board.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:

I was thinking Amash

You don’t have the name recognition outside this forum

And nobody knows where Gannon is
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:23 am
GannonFan wrote:
I was thinking Amash

Nonsense, the University of Delaware has been at the epicenter of Presidential politics for something like the past 16 years (David Plouffe, Steve Schmidt (McCain's campaign manager), Biden, and Christie). You almost have to be from UD or have a connection these days to even get in the game. I'm good. And don't forget, I have several years as a township auditor. I might be over qualified. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:30 am
CID1990 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:23 am

I was thinking Amash

Nonsense, the University of Delaware has been at the epicenter of Presidential politics for something like the past 16 years (David Plouffe, Steve Schmidt (McCain's campaign manager), Biden, and Christie). You almost have to be from UD or have a connection these days to even get in the game. I'm good. And don't forget, I have several years as a township auditor. I might be over qualified. :thumb:
How many businesses have you pushed into bankruptcy? With what frequency are you grabbing women by the pussy? Do you mispronounce words or screw up common sayings? Would I have a beer with you?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 pm The problem with abortion is more of a problem with modern politics

The only people who make abortion an all-or-nothing proposition are mainly on the fringes of the argument... the “no abortion under any circumstanced” crowd, and the “all abortion all the time” crowd. Neither of these groups holds anything approaching a significant percentage of the population.

Most Americans are for the right to abortion, with caveats. Health of the mother. Rape and incest. Viability of the fetus.

But because it is political, way too many people who would otherwise support a compromise solution have been drawn into the extremities of their political affiliation. So we devolve into an all or nothing argument (even though most of us will concede some ground on either side).

this is what happens now that the lunatic fringe has an equal pulpit
youtube facebook Instagram - the fringe has hijacked our society and made madmen of us all

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 pm The problem with abortion is more of a problem with modern politics

youtube facebook Instagram - the fringe has hijacked our society and made madmen of us all

Says the guy who doesn’t like CoNcast throttling the shit out if peeps

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Hence why I've complained about closed primaries and having the most dyed-in-the-wool people on team red and team blue picking candidates.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:05 am
Chizzang wrote:

Says the guy who doesn’t like CoNcast throttling the shit out if peeps

:ohno:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:46 am

by Kyle Simchuk

At least somebody in that state has balls :coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Border apprehensions down 50% in April, and 85% from April 2019. Expulsions way up.
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Ill ... 254943.php
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.