Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Donald Trump gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:50 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:46 pm

The wife and I have been watching Seth Meyer’s “Closer Look” clips all year. Funny stuff. Kimmel is ok but almost seems like he has early on-set of dementia at times.
Didn't know Meyers was still on. I guess you are the two who watch.
We also watch puppy and other various critter videos, SNL, and Gaffigan clips. It’s a nightly ritual.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gaffigan was funnier before he got political. Now, meh.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Trump Can’t Help Himself, Lashes Out at Colin Powell

The former president is jealous of how the media is covering the late Republican’s death

What a complete asshole. The world would be a better place if he had a thumper.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:Trump Can’t Help Himself, Lashes Out at Colin Powell

The former president is jealous of how the media is covering the late Republican’s death

When I started reading that I started by thinking maybe it was fake. I mean, the guy keeps one-upping himself. What an absolute cunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

He should take the advice of Thumper.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:34 am Trump Can’t Help Himself, Lashes Out at Colin Powell

When given the choice to say nothing or release a bitchy, whiny, nasty note...he chose the latter. What a choad.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:59 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:34 am Trump Can’t Help Himself, Lashes Out at Colin Powell

When given the choice to say nothing or release a bitchy, whiny, nasty note...he chose the latter. What a choad.
He's a narcissistic, spoiled 8 y/o child, it's all about him.

I await BDK's spirited defense/deflection.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 am When I started reading that I started by thinking maybe it was fake. I mean, the guy keeps one-upping himself. What an absolute genius.
I know, right? :D
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:51 pm
CID1990 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:38 am When I started reading that I started by thinking maybe it was fake. I mean, the guy keeps one-upping himself. What an absolute genius.
He's a genius if he's a Manchurian working to help the Democratic Party. Being a cunt may play to his base but every time he does it he increases the chances that swing voters will go D in 2022 and 2024.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 pm
89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:51 pm
He's a genius if he's a Manchurian working to help the Democratic Party. Being a cunt may play to his base but every time he does it he increases the chances that swing voters will go D in 2022 and 2024.
He's a genius b/c no one can ever one- up your douchebag-ness if you one-up yourself.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:04 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 pm

He's a genius b/c no one can ever one- up your douchebag-ness if you one-up yourself.

:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:03 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:59 am

Trump shouldn’t have said anything.

But Powell was a RINO. He endorsed Obama (I believe twice), Clinton, and Biden. Name me another prominent conk who endorsed donks in 4 straight elections over a doz years while claiming to still be a conk.:suspicious: Even if you say Clinton and Biden because of Trump, how do you explain Obama? He was pro choice, anti 2A, pro affirmative action, among other issues. If you’re going to claim to be a republican, then continuosly side with the donks over 12 years, politically, you are a fraud.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:11 pm

But Powell was a RINO. He endorsed Obama (I believe twice), Clinton, and Biden. Name me another prominent conk who endorsed donks in 4 straight elections over a doz years while claiming to still be a conk.:suspicious: Even if you say Clinton and Biden because of Trump, how do you explain Obama? He was pro choice, anti 2A, pro affirmative action, among other issues. If you’re going to claim to be a republican, then continuosly side with the donks over 12 years, politically, you are a fraud.
That's a good point. However, Powell was a Republican for much longer than those 4 election dates.

Shouldn't that be lauded, though? He stood up, using his 1A rights and made a decision. Republicans are supposed to be against (well, they used to be) the group think we often see in the Democratic Party. Republicans used to champion the first amendment and being your own person.

I guess as long as that think and those 1A rights are aligned to Republican ideals.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Does this make Trump a fraud?
His political donations provide an objective look at just how big this change has been: Since 1989, donations in Donald Trump's name have totaled around $1.4 million (adjusted for inflation) to national-level parties, candidates, and other committees. Around two-thirds of that has gone to Republican groups and candidates, according to an NPR analysis of data from the Center for Responsive Politics. However, Trump's decisive tilt toward giving to Republicans has only come in the last few years.
https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpoli ... -donations
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:26 am

That's a good point. However, Powell was a Republican for much longer than those 4 election dates.

Shouldn't that be lauded, though? He stood up, using his 1A rights and made a decision. Republicans are supposed to be against (well, they used to be) the group think we often see in the Democratic Party. Republicans used to champion the first amendment and being your own person.

I guess as long as that think and those 1A rights are aligned to Republican ideals.
If you back the donk candidates in 4 straight elections, and take the donk position on a # of issues to boot, you’re not a conk. If he wanted to start endorsing donks, he should have announced he was no longer a conk in 2008, not 2021..
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Shouldn't have said anything. Bad ju-ju.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:37 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:26 am

If you back the donk candidates in 4 straight elections, and take the donk position on a # of issues to boot, you’re not a conk. If he wanted to start endorsing donks, he should have announced he was no longer a conk in 2008, not 2021..
I get all that. I obviously see it differently. I applaud the guy for voting his conscience instead of ever shifting party platforms and priorities.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:44 am
I get all that. I obviously see it differently. I applaud the guy for voting his conscience instead of ever shifting party platforms and priorities.
the platform issues BDK mentioned haven't shifted. Powell shifted (or was never there in the first place).
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Whether Powell was a RINO or not is immaterial (and it can easily be argued that Trump himself is also a RINO). Powell served his country for most of his life, putting service before self. Trump served his country for 4 years and continuously puts himself before all else.

Trump deriding Powell in death is immature and spiteful
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I’m not talking voting. I’m talking claiming to be a conk, then PUBLICALLY ENDORSING the donk candidate in 4 straight elections. IF you want to do that, fine. But say your a donk or an independent.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:05 am
the platform issues BDK mentioned haven't shifted. Powell shifted (or was never there in the first place).
Yep.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Donald Trump gaffe and verbal bungholes watch

Post by UNI88 »

Let's shift the argument to whether Powell was a RINO or not so we can deflect from Trump's immature and spiteful comments.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

My bad. You're correct. it's the "Republicans" today that have shifted. They don't care about fiscal conservativism, they want the gov't in our bedrooms just enough to make sure women aren't buying dildo's or two men are having sex. They support voting laws...unless it means a democrat may get more votes (and the same there goes for Democrats).

In 2020 there WAS no platform. Just an adherence to an administrations policies so...who know what they really stand for now.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:41 am

My bad. You're correct. it's the "Republicans" today that have shifted. They don't care about fiscal conservativism, they want the gov't in our bedrooms just enough to make sure women aren't buying dildo's or two men are having sex. They support voting laws...unless it means a democrat may get more votes (and the same there goes for Democrats).

In 2020 there WAS no platform. Just an adherence to an administrations policies so...who know what they really stand for now.
I know of no republican who gives two shits about sexual orientation. Just don't shove it in our damned faces or expect the whole world to bend over backwards for you because you like dicks.

And come one....fiscal conservatism? Anybody with a brainstem know that donks and conks are two sides of the same coin on that issue.

And the only voting law that's supported is requiring an ID to vote...much like an ID is required to fucking buy cigarettes, FFS.

And one final thing: Donks entire platform in '08 was "we're not George Bush". Their entire platform in 2020 was "we're not Donald Trump". They haven't had an ACTUAL platform in 25 years.
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.