Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Donald Trump gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:22 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:13 pm This is all some massive conspiracy. Random jurors had to be convinced with facts and truths to arrive at this decision. Are we saying everything that was presented and said was a fabrication?
You ever heard the expression ‘Could indict a ham sandwich’? You only have to have 12 of 23 grand jurors vote to indict. And that jury pool is uber left. What was Manhattan 2020- like 95-5? They could probably get 12 of 23 Manhattanites to indict Trump for well, basically anything.
I haven't heard that expression. Still - people have to make unbiased decisions based on evidence presented. The whole world isn't against Trump. After a while, you have to stop playing the victim. You also have to stop believing Trump is a pure as the driven snow and he & the Republicans are too feckless and weak to stand up to Democrats.

And the smartest thing the judge could do tomorrow is tell Trump that he wants this trial to proceed quickly so that justice for him is not delayed. Don't draw it out - give him quick justice. He should also invoke the gag order - you don't want to Trump's tantrums to poison the juror pool and give Team Trump anything more to bitch and moan about.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:13 pm This is all some massive conspiracy. Random jurors had to be convinced with facts and truths to arrive at this decision. Are we saying everything that was presented and said was a fabrication?
You ever heard the expression ‘Could indict a ham sandwich’? You only have to have 12 of 23 grand jurors vote to indict. And that jury pool is uber left. What was Manhattan 2020- like 95-5? They could probably get 12 of 23 Manhattanites to indict Trump for well, basically anything.
I haven't heard that expression. Still - people have to make unbiased decisions based on evidence presented. The whole world isn't against Trump. After a while, you have to stop playing the victim. You also have to stop believing Trump is a pure as the driven snow and he & the Republicans are too feckless and weak to stand up to Democrats.

And the smartest thing the judge could do tomorrow is tell Trump that he wants this trial to proceed quickly so that justice for him is not delayed. Don't draw it out - give him quick justice. He should also invoke the gag order - you don't want to Trump's tantrums to poison the juror pool and give Team Trump anything more to bitch and moan about.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:08 am

Sounds like Trump plans to double down his attacks of Bragg and fundraise off of mug shot t-shirts…

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nhattan-da
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez - Have you read any of the legal notes around this case? And by notes, not what the media is reporting but the actual case and NY law?

You know I am no fan of Trump and all for due process, but this case was against anybody but Trump and not in NY, it would have never been started. Bragg has done more twisting then a pretzel factory. (IMHO, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night)

That said, he might get away with it and then lose in appeals. At that point, you just gave Trump more reason to crow.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Patently obvious what is going on here. Impugn Trump with fake bullshit and then muzzle every means of getting out a differing opinion. Why are they so afraid of Trump?

Still waiting for a gag order.
Just one day before RSBN was set to cover President Trump’s arraignment in Manhattan, YouTube has resumed its censorship practices and suspended RSBN’s channel, blocking our ability to livestream for seven days.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:01 am

Ibanez - Have you read any of the legal notes around this case? And by notes, not what the media is reporting but the actual case and NY law?

You know I am no fan of Trump and all for due process, but this case was against anybody but Trump and not in NY, it would have never been started. Bragg has done more twisting then a pretzel factory. (IMHO, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night)

That said, he might get away with it and then lose in appeals. At that point, you just gave Trump more reason to crow.
Hell, the DOJ and the previous DA refused to prosecute.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

After a while, the left needs to stop with the bullshit attempts to get Trump. They keep playing the role of the little child that keeps throwing the tantrum and finally gets their way. A good amount of people are simply tired of all the drama and instead of punishing the child, are willing to let it get its way and vote for anyone else as long as the tantrum stops. That's why the child is throwing the tantrum.

Six years of investigations to include illegal FISA 702 searches and rummaging through his taxes and nothing. Time to man up and punish the child.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:56 am

Sounds like Trump plans to double down his attacks of Bragg and fundraise off of mug shot t-shirts…

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nhattan-da
I think everyone is going to fundraise of of Trump mug shots. I'll buy a few from the Biden campaign too just to be even-handed. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

This one seems like a weaker case than the other two, not that he isn't guilty af; just that he's guilty of a lot bigger things than paying off a hooker even if she does charge $50K/inch.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:01 pm

After a while, the left needs to stop with the bullshit attempts to get Trump. They keep playing the role of the little child that keeps throwing the tantrum and finally gets their way. A good amount of people are simply tired of all the drama and instead of punishing the child, are willing to let it get its way and vote for anyone else as long as the tantrum stops. That's why the child is throwing the tantrum.

Six years of investigations to include illegal FISA 702 searches and rummaging through his taxes and nothing. Time to man up and punish the child.

:lol:

Being able to evade justice by dragging things out isn't the same as nothing. His CFO and his attorney have both been convicted already......patience, grasshopper....the best is yet to come.

How much do you think the pics of his fingerprinting will fetch? You just know that some city employee is going to get some... 8-)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I've read some of the case law and how people that have done less, minor crimes, have been convicted for it. I gave Fox and CNN a listen last week and they were hemming and hawing about what-ifs and nothing of substance. This is all about the cover up - which if he had kept his dick in his pants wouldn't be an issue. He may get away with this, we'll have to see what a jury of his peers say.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:01 pm

Trump brought it on himself. Both sides need a major reset in a major way.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:18 pm

I've read some of the case law and how people that have done less, minor crimes, have been convicted for it. I gave Fox and CNN a listen last week and they were hemming and hawing about what-ifs and nothing of substance. This is all about the cover up - which if he had kept his dick in his pants wouldn't be an issue. He may get away with this, we'll have to see what a jury of his peers say.
I think (and should really put that in quotes as I am not an attorney nor do I wish to be one) that it will come down to how Bragg has interpreted what falls under the statue of limitations and the definition (per case law) of the statues. The ball is in his court to prove somebody has been defrauded.

As for a jury of his peers, it will be very interesting where they find a impartial pool to pull from (assuming it gets that far).

I have zero skin in the game either way, just after due process in a manner that is evenly applied.

If politicians, celebrities, next door neighbors kept their privates to themselves, tabloids would go out of business and water cooler talk at work would dry up. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Two questions for the brain trust here:

1) What happens if Trump is convicted?

2) What happens if he is acquitted?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:56 pm Two questions for the brain trust here:

He will run. If he loses the primary, he will still run.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:12 pm
Winterborn wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:56 pm Two questions for the brain trust here:

Agree he is running regardless.

I was thinking about it more from a what does it mean for the Dem's if he is acquitted and what does it mean from the R's if he is convicted. I think from the R standpoint it is probably 50/50 that don't care either way, they just want him out of the way of the party.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:12 pm

Will he? There will be a conflict between his need to bask in the adoration of the MAGAts and his need to be perceived as a winner.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Stormy owes Trump $600k in fees due to frivolous lawsuits, but I'm sure Bragg's case is airtight on the matter. :lol:

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:59 pm Stormy owes Trump $600k in fees due to frivolous lawsuits, but I'm sure Bragg's case is airtight on the matter. :lol:

She'll make more than that from product sales and the rights to her autobiography, This Pussy Grabbed Back!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:03 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:59 pm Stormy owes Trump $600k in fees due to frivolous lawsuits, but I'm sure Bragg's case is airtight on the matter. :lol:

She'll make more than that from product sales and the rights to her autobiography, This Pussy Grabbed Back!
Well that's just par for the course for anyone that "takes one for the team" to dirty up Trump. Look at Comey (summarized a confidential private conversation with a president and then deliberately leak that classified memo to the media for his own agenda of appointing a special counsel to investigate the president) and McCabe (lied under oath four times to federal investigators). Both got sweet book deals as a parting gift.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:09 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:03 pm

Well that's just par for the course for anyone that "takes one for the team" to dirty up Trump. Look at Comey (summarized a confidential private conversation with a president and then deliberately leak that classified memo to the media for his own agenda of appointing a special counsel to investigate the president) and McCabe (lied under oath four times to federal investigators). Both got sweet book deals as a parting gift.
trump is dirty because of trump, not anyone else.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:49 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:09 pm

What has Trump been convicted of?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:46 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:49 pm

Do you honestly think he isn’t dirty? And likely for a very long time?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:48 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:46 pm

Do you have proof? I'll ask again, what court of law has convicted Trump of ANY crimes?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:50 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:48 pm

Do you have proof? I'll ask again, what court of law has convicted Trump of ANY crimes?
He has not been convicted in criminal court.

Your turn: