Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Donald Trump gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by UNI88 »

Trump told top aide he wanted ‘totally loyal’ generals like Hitler had
In a bizarre exchange described by reporters for The New Yorker and The New York Times in an upcoming book Mr Trump is said to have asked his top aide, who himself was a four-star general in charge of US Southern Command, “why can’t you be like the German generals?”

A bewildered Mr Kelly reportedly responded, “Which generals?” to which Mr Trump supposedly shot back, “The German generals in World War II.”

His chief of staff then allegedly told the president, “You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?”

But the president in response substituted his own version of history.

“No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” Mr Trump reportedly insisted to his aide.
For the love of god, please don't nominate this asshat in 2024.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:13 am Trump told top aide he wanted ‘totally loyal’ generals like Hitler had
In a bizarre exchange described by reporters for The New Yorker and The New York Times in an upcoming book Mr Trump is said to have asked his top aide, who himself was a four-star general in charge of US Southern Command, “why can’t you be like the German generals?”

A bewildered Mr Kelly reportedly responded, “Which generals?” to which Mr Trump supposedly shot back, “The German generals in World War II.”

His chief of staff then allegedly told the president, “You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?”

But the president in response substituted his own version of history.

“No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” Mr Trump reportedly insisted to his aide.
The GOP deserves what they get if they nominate Trump yet again. They've already hamstrung themselves in the Senate races this year in PA and possibly in Georgia. The GOP will win the House just based on how poorly the Democrats have run things in the past couple of years, but the Senate was certainly winnable before candidates reflecting Trump came out victors in the primaries. Same can happen in '24 for the Whitehouse - the Dems don't have a good candidate and will be running on a bad track record by then - but they'll win the White House again if the GOP goes down the same Trump path yet again. Maybe the Dems will do the GOP a favor and get Trump disqualified to run.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:59 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:13 am Trump told top aide he wanted ‘totally loyal’ generals like Hitler had

The GOP deserves what they get if they nominate Trump yet again. They've already hamstrung themselves in the Senate races this year in PA and possibly in Georgia. The GOP will win the House just based on how poorly the Democrats have run things in the past couple of years, but the Senate was certainly winnable before candidates reflecting Trump came out victors in the primaries. Same can happen in '24 for the Whitehouse - the Dems don't have a good candidate and will be running on a bad track record by then - but they'll win the White House again if the GOP goes down the same Trump path yet again. Maybe the Dems will do the GOP a favor and get Trump disqualified to run.
With who?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... s_general/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:27 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:59 am

With who?
Polls about an election no one has declared for, 2-3 years out from the election, are about as useful as a JSO prediction - pretty meaningless. Like I said, the GOP deserves what they get if they nominate Trump again. I know I have never and will never vote for that man, and I certainly won't do it with him at 78 years old when the next election comes along - he's not getting more intelligent with age. I may not even care who the Dems run (other than Hillary).
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:37 am
With who?
Polls about an election no one has declared for, 2-3 years out from the election, are about as useful as a JSO prediction - pretty meaningless. Like I said, the GOP deserves what they get if they nominate Trump again. I know I have never and will never vote for that man, and I certainly won't do it with him at 78 years old when the next election comes along - he's not getting more intelligent with age. I may not even care who the Dems run (other than Hillary).
Kind of like pre season polls, but people still talk about them.
I don't care who you'd vote for.
And being 78 at the time of the election didn't stop the donks from running Biden. If the donks run Biden or Harris, the top 2 donk candidates now according to the betting odds Current Vegas odds, Trump wins. Buttigeg is next, but he won't win the donk nomination. Pocahontas- not a chance, nor Hillary. Sure, there's other donks who would beat Trump- maybe Michelle Obama or one of the donk govs. We'll see who gets the nominations.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:24 am
And being 78 at the time of the election didn't stop the donks from running Biden. If the donks run Biden or Harris, the top 2 donk candidates now according to the betting odds Current Vegas odds, Trump wins. Buttigeg is next, but he won't win the donk nomination. Pocahontas- not a chance, nor Hillary. Sure, there's other donks who would beat Trump- maybe Michelle Obama or one of the donk govs. We'll see who gets the nominations.
You're underestimating how many people don't want trump to be POTUS again. He'll energize the MAGAt base but he'll also get a lot of moderate/independent voters to go to the polls just to vote for his opponent regardless of who that is. He's a cancer to the country.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:27 am
You're underestimating how many people don't want trump to be POTUS again. He'll energize the MAGAt base but he'll also get a lot of moderate/independent voters to go to the polls just to vote for his opponent regardless of who that is. He's a cancer to the country.
I'm not saying Trump will be the nominee (I called on here last week Desantis/Newsom). But I'm saying Trump could win if he's the nominee. We could argue this till the cows come home, but we'll see in 27 months (if he's the nominee)..
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Hell, I don’t want Trump to be the nominee, but that doesn’t excuse away what the left is doing. The Russian collusion hoax didn’t work. The two impeachment joke trials didn’t work. The J6 debacle “hearing” didn’t work. They’re fucking desperate and everyone knows it. They’re deathly afraid of losing their grip on power and what that’ll mean. These are the last dying acts of a desperate man.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:19 am

Hell, I don’t want Trump to be the nominee, but that doesn’t excuse away what the left is doing. The Russian collusion hoax didn’t work. The two impeachment joke trials didn’t work. The J6 debacle “hearing” didn’t work. They’re fucking desperate and everyone knows it. They’re deathly afraid of losing their grip on power and what that’ll mean. These are the last dying acts of a desperate man.
I'll agree that the left has been given a lot of cover to do things that they never should've been doing. The interference in the 2016 election by the federal bureaucracy and the sitting administration was unprecedented, the soft attempt at a coup (which is what it was) throughout the Trump administration by the left culminating in the first impeachment was startling, and the purposeful drawing out for political purposes (i.e. elections) and partisanship driving the Jan 6th investigations have almost rendered that work irrelevant (which is a shame in and of itself because historically it's an event that we need non-partisan answers on). I'll wait to judge what the FBI raid on Mir-a-Lago is until we see what the details are (see my post before - this had better be more than just cleaning up an issue of if we have all the archive documents or not - there are easier ways to deal with disagreements like that other than raiding an ex-President's home). I don't like Trump the person even a little bit, but I also don't want to sell out our system of government just to keep him out of it either.

With that said, the one thing I do think the left got right in this was the second impeachment - I can't think of a better reason to impeach and remove a President than his appalling behavior that led up to a mob (luckily a mob that was mostly unarmed - the disaster if they had been substantially armed could have been horrific) marching on a federal building and stopping the legitimate workings of government, as well as his dereliction of duty to get that lawlessness under control in a timely manner. He should've been impeached and removed for that, or his cabinet should've gone 25th amendment on him. But of course, the left leaning Congress at the time hurt their own case on this with the preceding 4 years of brazenly political and personal opposition that, again, in retrospect looks more and more like a soft, drawn out coup.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:36 am
I'm not saying Trump will be the nominee (I called on here last week Desantis/Newsom). But I'm saying Trump could win if he's the nominee. We could argue this till the cows come home, but we'll see in 27 months (if he's the nominee)..
It's scary but you're right, trump could win in 2024. But IMO other conk candidates like DeSantis would be much harder for the donk candidate to beat.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:50 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:36 am
It's scary but you're right, trump could win in 2024. But IMO other conk candidates like DeSantis would be much harder for the donk candidate to beat.
I agree other than the 'its scary"..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bill Barr is more of a Republican than trump. Change my mind.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:44 pm

The guy who let everyone say that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation when he knew better? That Bill Barr?

He was in charge of Epstein as well.

Love his rehabilitation tour.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:54 pm

The guy who let everyone say that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation when he knew better? That Bill Barr?

He was in charge of Epstein as well.

Love his rehabilitation tour.
Yep, that guy. Despite all that, he's still more of a Republican than trump. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

lol. He's merely doing damage control for LAT. Life after Trump.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:51 pm

lol. He's merely doing damage control for LAT. Life after Trump.
Shhhhh, don't foul my line. ;)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

With who?
I think Hillary may be one of the few qualified for the Special Master position - Obama too. :mrgreen:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:04 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:06 pm

I know plenty of Republicans that are anti-homo, and seemingly proud of it.

You must not know about all the new voting laws put that have come out since the 2020 election.

I'm all in favor of the Voter ID - long been a fan of that.
you mean like the voting laws against unregulated and unmonitored drop boxes where 27 ballots go in, 27,000 come out? All ironically for ONE candidate?
:rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Trump openly embraces, amplifies QAnon conspiracy theories
On Tuesday, using his Truth Social platform, the Republican former president reposted an image of himself wearing a Q lapel pin overlaid with the words “The Storm is Coming.” In QAnon lore, the “storm” refers to Trump’s final victory, when supposedly he will regain power and his opponents will be tried, and potentially executed, on live television.

Pressed on QAnon theories that Trump allegedly is saving the nation from a satanic cult of child sex traffickers, he claimed ignorance but asked, “Is that supposed to be a bad thing?”

“If I can help save the world from problems, I’m willing to do it,” Trump said.
Anyone who buys his "if I can help save the world from problems" BS is a sucker. He wants power, money and to feed his ego with the adoration of his MAGAts and he's willing to fvck up the country to get it.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:37 am Trump openly embraces, amplifies QAnon conspiracy theories
On Tuesday, using his Truth Social platform, the Republican former president reposted an image of himself wearing a Q lapel pin overlaid with the words “The Storm is Coming.” In QAnon lore, the “storm” refers to Trump’s final victory, when supposedly he will regain power and his opponents will be tried, and potentially executed, on live television.

Pressed on QAnon theories that Trump allegedly is saving the nation from a satanic cult of child sex traffickers, he claimed ignorance but asked, “Is that supposed to be a bad thing?”

“If I can help save the world from problems, I’m willing to do it,” Trump said.
Anyone who buys his "if I can help save the world from problems" BS is a sucker. He wants power, money and to feed his ego with the adoration of his MAGAts and he's willing to fvck up the country to get it.
Sounds like every other politician.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:26 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:37 am Trump openly embraces, amplifies QAnon conspiracy theories

trump is better at it than the others with the possible exception of Hillary. Those two are peas in a pod.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:32 pm
Winterborn wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:26 pm
trump is better at it than the others with the possible exception of Hillary. Those two are peas in a pod.
I do not even want to debate it as I don't like the slimy feeling it gives me but he is much more obvious about it. The rest just hide it better.

I am not sure he is even capable, or his arrogance is so great, he doesn't draw the connections between what he is saying and their possible meanings. I am really trying not to defend the guy but I would rather have somebody that tells me whatever pops into his head than somebody that tells me what they think I want to hear.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

It's Melania's fault he endorsed Oz ... :rofl:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:17 pm

Wait, someone referred to Trump as "a grown man"? Really?? :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:19 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:17 pm

Wait, someone referred to Trump as "a grown man"? Really?? :rofl:
Physically, trump is a grown man. Mentally and emotionally, not so much.