Joe Biden gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Joe Biden gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:04 am Is “the personal quality of being a cunt” called “cuntitude,” “cuntism,” or something else? :?
I think cuntitude. Cuntism sounds more like prejudice against cunts.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:34 am
Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:04 am Is “the personal quality of being a cunt” called “cuntitude,” “cuntism,” or something else? :?
Well, Trumpism is the cult of Trump, or the collected “beliefs” of Trump. It’s a positive for Trump. Is there a cult of cunts?

Never seen “Trumpitude” yet, although it may be in the blogosphere somewhere.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:37 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:34 am

Well, Trumpism is the cult of Trump, or the collected “beliefs” of Trump. It’s a positive for Trump. Is there a cult of cunts?

Never seen “Trumpitude” yet, although it may be in the blogosphere somewhere.
Isn't Antifa the cult of cunts? Or maybe they're a version. I'm quite certain the Freedom Caucus could be a branch of the CoC.

ANyway, here's a good write up on the comedy of errors that was Biden's "rally"

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... er/611698/
An offscreen announcer then asked us to welcome a young high schooler to lead us in the Pledge of Allegiance, just like at a real campaign rally. The choppy sound mattered less here because all of us, even Democrats, already know the words to the Pledge of Allegiance. In contrast to a real campaign rally, the pledge was followed by a long silence. Off camera, a frustrated voice growled: “Jesus.” Then, floating in another Zoom box, came—no, not Jesus—a man introduced as a regional organizer, who asked us all through a stuttering connection to host a virtual event.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:01 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:23 pm
The left uses all kinds of insults against Trump everyday, but when its done to Biden in turn, you’re getting your panties in a bunch.:lol:
Not true at all. And if you ever posted something that some Antifa moron posted, i'd call that out.
:suspicious: Lol there's countless internet meme's & gif's, videos, etc out there making fun of Trump, with new ones every day.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:01 am

Not true at all. And if you ever posted something that some Antifa moron posted, i'd call that out.
:suspicious: Lol there's countless internet meme's & gif's, videos, etc out there making fun of Trump, with new ones every day.
Oh I thought you meant in the same context that Trump insults and belittles people - Like Pelosi calling Trump "Tiny Hands Trump" or something equally childish. There's a difference between POTUS and some random nerd in his moms basement flinging insults during a campaign.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:53 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 am
Oh I thought you meant in the same context that Trump insults and belittles people - Like Pelosi calling Trump "Tiny Hands Trump" or something equally childish. There's a difference between POTUS and some random nerd in his moms basement flinging insults during a campaign.
-Trump didn't create that meme- some GOP operative did.
-Its true- Biden obviously is having memory and cognitive issues right now. Nothing wrong with that being cleverly pointed out.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:53 am

-Trump didn't create that meme- some GOP operative did.
-Its true- Biden obviously is having memory and cognitive issues right now. Nothing wrong with that being cleverly pointed out.
Trump has made it acceptable to be insulting and act like a child with regard to name calling.

Biden needs to step away. He's got something going on mentally and he just needs to live out his life enjoying retirement.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... d-by-geese
Former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, was met with repeated interruptions during his virtual campaign speech on Monday even as he delivered it from the comforts of his own Delaware residence.

While delivering remarks during his campaign event outside on Monday afternoon, Biden was interrupted multiple times by repeated honking from Canada geese at a pond located on the other side of his residence.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 93, does this make you hate the geese a little less?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:36 am https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... d-by-geese
Former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, was met with repeated interruptions during his virtual campaign speech on Monday even as he delivered it from the comforts of his own Delaware residence.

While delivering remarks during his campaign event outside on Monday afternoon, Biden was interrupted multiple times by repeated honking from Canada geese at a pond located on the other side of his residence.
You can't even make this stuff up anymore. They need to hurry up and pick a VP candidate and then hope that person has enough backing that when they decide to shuffle Biden off the stage that Bernie and his supporters don't protest too much that he's not the nominee. IMO, Biden even looks worse now than he did 6 months ago. They can't seriously be planning in riding this out through November, no matter how much stumping Obama does for him.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:38 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:36 am https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... d-by-geese

You can't even make this stuff up anymore. They need to hurry up and pick a VP candidate and then hope that person has enough backing that when they decide to shuffle Biden off the stage that Bernie and his supporters don't protest too much that he's not the nominee. IMO, Biden even looks worse now than he did 6 months ago. They can't seriously be planning in riding this out through November, no matter how much stumping Obama does for him.
Like I’ve mentioned before and sadly, these type of conditions tend to only get worse at that point in one’s life. They can’t hide him enough.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Short of a heart attack, stroke, or death, the Democrats are " ride or die" with Joe. :ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:48 am

Short of a heart attack, stroke, or death, the Democrats are " ride or die" with Joe. :ohno:
Just when we thought it couldn't get worse than the candidates we had in 2016 - now we get a 4 year older/4 year more bitter and angry Trump and we get a guy who's got one foot in the grave and can't remember where his other foot is. What a disaster of an election we have to look forward to.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 am
Just when we thought it couldn't get worse than the candidates we had in 2016 - now we get a 4 year older/4 year more bitter and angry Trump and we get a guy who's got one foot in the grave and can't remember where his other foot is. What a disaster of an election we have to look forward to.
Agreed. The Democrats had 1 chance to oust him in an election and they chose so poorly. :ohno: :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Maybe. They can still have an intervention and let gracefully off the hook. But that would open the nomination process back up. Keeping Biden means they effectively get to select the next President if they win.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:04 am
Maybe. They can still have an intervention and let gracefully off the hook. But that would open the nomination process back up. Keeping Biden means they effectively get to select the next President if they win.
Sadly, a senile Biden will lose to Trump. No matter how great the VP pick is.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:11 am
kalm wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:04 am

I'm worried about that too. An out of the norm pick like Michelle Obama might be the only way to salvage Joe at this point - I'm not sure the other potential VP's even come close to the votes she could draw. She would get a lot of the Trump base to come out and vote for Trump, but I think that would be swamped by the votes that would come out for an Obama, a woman candidate, and a Black candidate. Even more so as we're pretty much assuming that the VP will become the President in Biden's first term.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:28 am

I'm worried about that too. An out of the norm pick like Michelle Obama might be the only way to salvage Joe at this point - I'm not sure the other potential VP's even come close to the votes she could draw. She would get a lot of the Trump base to come out and vote for Trump, but I think that would be swamped by the votes that would come out for an Obama, a woman candidate, and a Black candidate. Even more so as we're pretty much assuming that the VP will become the President in Biden's first term.
Biden/VP need to focus on recapturing the democrats that left them in 2016. The base will vote for you...get back those that you lost. And they lost for pretty obvious, economic reasons. I think you can appeal to them and bring them back.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:11 am Sadly, a senile Biden will lose to Trump. No matter how great the VP pick is.
The GOP is in sad shape because it was co-opted by Trump. That’s for sure. The few actual conservatives that were left have jumped ship. That will take a long time to fix. The GOP may never get another vote from me in my lifetime

But when you think about it... how healthy can the Democratic Party be if the best it can come up with is Biden?

Back at the Dem national convention when the newly minted Senator Obama gave a keynote address, I thought how strong the DNC looked and how they were playing the long game by putting him up on the stage.

Now they’re a shambles. They have no platform other than beat Trump, and they have no candidate with any kind of policy position that is going to win over voters.

So I agree - the binary choice in 2020 is actually going to be worse than 2016. That is quite an accomplishment

And in 2024 the Dem obsession with Trump and the GOP that embraced him is going to continue to the point that any Never Trumper GOP candidate will be able to waltz in to the WH just by promising to keep the good policies, dump the bad ones, and not be a dick on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am
GannonFan wrote:
The GOP is in sad shape because it was co-opted by Trump. That’s for sure. The few actual conservatives that were left have jumped ship. That will take a long time to fix. The GOP may never get another vote from me in my lifetime

But when you think about it... how healthy can the Democratic Party be if the best it can come up with is Biden?

Back at the Dem national convention when the newly minted Senator Obama gave a keynote address, I thought how strong the DNC looked and how they were playing the long game by putting him up on the stage.

Now they’re a shambles. They have no platform other than beat Trump, and they have no candidate with any kind of policy position that is going to win over voters.

So I agree - the binary choice in 2020 is actually going to be worse than 2016. That is quite an accomplishment

And in 2024 the Dem obsession with Trump and the GOP that embraced him is going to continue to the point that any Never Trumper GOP candidate will be able to waltz in to the WH just by promising to keep the good policies, dump the bad ones, and not be a dick on Twitter
the only reason to vote in the presidential election this round is to make a protest vote

:ohno:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am The GOP is in sad shape because it was co-opted by Trump. That’s for sure. The few actual conservatives that were left have jumped ship. That will take a long time to fix. The GOP may never get another vote from me in my lifetime

the only reason to vote in the presidential election this round is to make a protest vote

:ohno:
My votes for the LP have never been protest votes... they are actually who I want to win

A few years ago I would have said “except if Vermin Supreme is the nominee”....

nowadays even he looks viable in a fatalistic sort of way

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

I can't rightly vote for a groping fondling mildly senile candidate for President
I don't care that Trump voters forgive the 23 sexual misconducts and grabbing teenage beauty pageants pussies

I can't cast a vote for even a "lesser evil" like that

Jill Stein !!!

fuck any woman that votes for either Trump or Biden
you have earned a grope session if you cast that vote
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

What does that say about a campaign then that can't stand on policy or content but has to resort to superficial demographics and gender to gather votes?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 am
GannonFan wrote:

Exactly.

One note - the GOP has done a great job of building a deep bench. Look at the # of governorships and state houses are majority Republican. It's been that way for a while.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:41 am

What does that say about a campaign then that can't stand on policy or content but has to resort to superficial demographics and gender to gather votes?
Probably the same about a campaign that resorts to lies, insults, conspiracy and misdirection - they have nothing of substance or achievement to run on. :twocents:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:39 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:41 am

Probably the same about a campaign that resorts to lies, insults, conspiracy and misdirection - they have nothing of substance or achievement to run on. :twocents:
Trump has done what he promised on Supreme Court justices..... :whistle:

But overall I agree they are two sides of the same coin.

If we are at the point were the voting public cares more about race/gender/lies/speaking ability/etc. then actual policy we are in trouble. I personally don't think we are quite there yet (getting close) for most elected offices. And the office of the president is pretty much a popularity contest for most people it seems like.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein