SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Joe Biden gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:23 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:18 pm

The host did, in fact that was his leading line..."Got something you want to ask Abrams". Whoops. :rofl:
Maybe Biden was suppose to ask her, and was going to, and just forgot.
Yeah, that was one of the lines Jimmy Dore said...

...and of course that is entirely possible. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

A couple weeks ago I thought there was no way Biden would pick her

But his polling with blacks is below Hillary’s... he needs to motivate that constituency and he isn’t doing it. Then along comes his “you ain’t black” comment

If he can’t generate black turnout he is going to lose. Last week’s gaffe may have breathed new life into Abrams and Harris

we’ll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:00 pm A couple weeks ago I thought there was no way Biden would pick her

But his polling with blacks is below Hillary’s... he needs to motivate that constituency and he isn’t doing it. Then along comes his “you ain’t black” comment

If he can’t generate black turnout he is going to lose. Last week’s gaffe may have breathed new life into Abrams and Harris

we’ll see

I'm not sure he can viably pick anyone but a Black woman at this point now - I think his "you ain't Black" moment has narrowed the race to Harris, Abrams, or Demings, and Abrams is the only one not from a law and order background. Potentially the governor of New Mexico and the Nevada senator are still possibilities as they are non-white, but I don't think there's anyway the Dems let Joe go with an all-white ticket now.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm No one thought that.

OLD MAN BAD!
The host did, in fact that was his leading line..."Got something you want to ask Abrams". Whoops. :rofl:
You know the little #resist(er) robots were on the edge of their seat salivating...only to find Al Capone's Vault. :lol:

...and yes, NBC was very leading with that 'interview'.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Chizzang wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm It was audio of Biden himself speaking in 1985.

You can't get more factual than that. But you don't even try to be rational with your idiotic Orange man bad rhetoric
You're aware that Biden is quoting a Louisiana representative right..?
where he was asked to repeat what was said for the record

:nod:

I'm aware these subtleties might be difficult to gasp
It's inexcusable for ANYONE to use that word. Including rap artists and 93. Using a word in the dictionary could kill earth faster than made up global warming.

Sorry if you can't see the subtleties

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:23 pm

Maybe Biden was suppose to ask her, and was going to, and just forgot.
:lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:00 pm A couple weeks ago I thought there was no way Biden would pick her

we’ll see

Between the blacks and the Berners we're going to see what kind of uniter Joe can be. I'm waiting for an onslaught of Joe sounding like Bernie to begin given thats what he's done in the past to bolster sagging approval ratings
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:22 pm

we’ll see

Between the blacks and the Berners we're going to see what kind of uniter Joe can be. I'm waiting for an onslaught of Joe sounding like Bernie to begin given thats what he's done in the past to bolster sagging approval ratings
Thing is, that's the kind of thing likely to piss off the Bernie folks even more (if that's possible). They hate it when someone tries to out-Bernie Bernie. Truth be told, I don't think they can bring those voters into the fold anyway - Bernie voters tend to be pretty bitter folks, hard to see them softening when their guy got screwed by the Dems yet again. They didn't come back into the fold in 2016, hard to see them being more conciliatory this time around.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:00 am

Thing is, that's the kind of thing likely to piss off the Bernie folks even more (if that's possible). They hate it when someone tries to out-Bernie Bernie. Truth be told, I don't think they can bring those voters into the fold anyway - Bernie voters tend to be pretty bitter folks, hard to see them softening when their guy got screwed by the Dems yet again. They didn't come back into the fold in 2016, hard to see them being more conciliatory this time around.
None of this matters...

...Bernie supporters don't vote. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Thats a myth pomulgated to deflect blame for losing an election to a dung beetle like Trump. Bernie voters voted for Hillary, maybe their turnout was down but they had zero to do with the DNC's debacle in '16.

And the reason they keep up the drumbeat is because its the only leverage they have so obviously the plan is to drag the corporate wing as far to the left as is possible before the election and that is only possible if the corporate wing thinks they need to throw them a bone to bring them out. You'll be able to tell how worried the DNC is by the platform. The more it fucks over the working class the less worried the DNC is about repeating the greatest debacle in US election history
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 am

Thats a myth pomulgated to deflect blame for losing an election to a dung beetle like Trump. Bernie voters voted for Hillary, maybe their turnout was down but they had zero to do with the DNC's debacle in '16.

And the reason they keep up the drumbeat is because its the only leverage they have so obviously the plan is to drag the corporate wing as far to the left as is possible before the election and that is only possible if the corporate wing thinks they need to throw them a bone to bring them out. You'll be able to tell how worried the DNC is by the platform. The more it fucks over the working class the less worried the DNC is about repeating the greatest debacle in US election history
Who even reads Duopoly party platforms nowadays? Seriously.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:48 am
houndawg wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 am

:roll:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:15 am
Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:48 am

You doubt that? The voters certainly don’t care about platforms.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:29 am

Kinda changed the subject there, Perry Mason...
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:31 am

Kinda changed the subject there, Perry Mason...
Not really, Della Street.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

I agree with Ivy, platforms mean nothing. It's all about the candidates. Presidential elections are popularity contests.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 8:29 am You doubt that? The voters certainly don’t care about platforms.
I agree with Ivy, platforms mean nothing. It's all about the candidates. Presidential elections are popularity contests.
Hell I could set out to write the major parties’ platforms cold turkey and I guarantee I’d be 95% accurate

They are predictable to a fault

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:04 am

You and Ivt are both talking about something different - I'm talking about the Bernie wing trying to influence the DNC and move the platform to the left, not about voters caring about the platform.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

:suspicious: :dunce: :rofl:
“Instead of standing there and teaching a cop, when there’s an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something, you shoot them in the leg instead of in the heart is a very different thing. There’s a lot of different things that could change
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-suggests-p ... 50470.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote::suspicious: :dunce: :rofl:
“Instead of standing there and teaching a cop, when there’s an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something, you shoot them in the leg instead of in the heart is a very different thing. There’s a lot of different things that could change
https://news.yahoo.com/biden-suggests-p ... 50470.html
He needs to take a knife defense course

And then a shooting course

Or, he could certainly ask his Secret Service detail... they’d certainly be happy to politely tell him how goofy that statement is

I’m beginning to think that Abrams lady might improve his ticket... at least in terms of IQ

mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

How did the Dems “screw Bernie again”?

I voted for Biden in the Maine primary...should I have voted for Bernie to pacify the Bernie Bros. & Trump supporters?
Go Black Bears!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I read where Kushner is pushing Trump to come out with 10 items he will pass for 2020.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:44 pm

I read where Kushner is pushing Trump to come out.
Does Pence know about this? This could be juicy. Are they secretly lovers?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:24 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:44 pm

I read where Kushner is pushing Trump to come out.
Does Pence know about this? This could be juicy. Are they secretly lovers?
Sorry, butchered that one. Come out with 10 items for his 2020 election platform.

They might be lovers... forbidden lovers.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

I don't get modern politics - Biden goes on record as saying 10%-15% of Americans are "not good people". So that's the quantity of deplorables out there? I guess on the bright side he didn't call them irredeemable, so there's still a chance they could get better. All he has to do is not go down the rabbit hole where Trump is and yet he can't help himself. What a crappy election coming up.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-c ... s_card_hed