Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Joe Biden gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 am So you think McCain was a winner as a politician. Ok. I regret even holding my nose and voting for him..
I think McCain was one of the last willing to reach across the aisle and compromise. you know, what politicians used to do regularly. These entrenched positions they all take now are NOT beneficial for the country. I may not have liked every compromise he made, but he was one of the last of the “statesmen”.
I didn't like McCain as a politician but I respected him for that and for what he gave for our country. Cowardly old bone spurs has absolutely no right to call him a loser.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:35 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 am
So you think McCain was a winner as a politician. Ok. I regret even holding my nose and voting for him..
Which politicians, currently serving, are winners? What metric do you use?
Certainly not 45 yr career DC swamp creatures ie politicians like McCain was. Career DC politicians (both sides of the aisle) are everything that is wrong with DC.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Joe Biden gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by LeadBolt »

AZGrizFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 am
So you think McCain was a winner as a politician. Ok. I regret even holding my nose and voting for him..
I think McCain was one of the last willing to reach across the aisle and compromise. you know, what politicians used to do regularly. These entrenched positions they all take now are NOT beneficial for the country. I may not have liked every compromise he made, but he was one of the last of the “statesmen”.
Agreed. We need more pragmatic problem solvers and fewer ideologically pure leaders.

I have a definite point of view, but as perfection is the enemy of good I should be able to reach reasonable compromise to attain workable solutions. I expect the same of the leadership.

Term and age limits are needed. No politicians need to serve for 20+ years or be elected after age 72.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

LeadBolt wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:37 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Agreed. We need more pragmatic problem solvers and fewer ideologically pure leaders.

I have a definite point of view, but as perfection is the enemy of good I should be able to reach reasonable compromise to attain workable solutions. I expect the same of the leadership.

Term and age limits are needed. No politicians need to serve for 20+ years or be elected after age 72.

Remember how he campaigned in 2016 to get rid of Obamacare, then in 2017 the thumbs down theatrics he pulled to be the deciding vote to uphold Obamacare in order to spite Trump..
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:52 am

Remember how he campaigned in 2016 to get rid of Obamacare, then in 2017 the thumbs down theatrics he pulled to be the deciding vote to uphold Obamacare in order to spite Trump..
Like I said, I may not have liked everything he did, but if anybody had a reason to spite Trump, it was him. Still think this country would be in a lot different (and much better) place if he’d have won in ‘08 and not Obama. If McCain wins, there’s no Obama, no Biden, and most importantly, no Trump, IMHO.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:05 am
Like I said, I may not have liked everything he did, but if anybody had a reason to spite Trump, it was him. Still think this country would be in a lot different (and much better) place if he’d have won in ‘08 and not Obama. If McCain wins, there’s no Obama, no Biden, and most importantly, no Trump, IMHO.
Having lived in AZ, you would no more about McCain but I wasn't sure I wanted someone with his temper to have their finger on the nuclear trigger. Of course I had the same concerns about Trump and he did more for peace than any president in 20+ years.

If McCain won in 08, I think Obama would have run again in 12 or 16. He might have ended up like Mondale or he could have won. We'll never know.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:31 am
Certainly not 45 yr career DC swamp creatures ie politicians like McCain was. Career DC politicians (both sides of the aisle) are everything that is wrong with DC.
You're not wrong but I don't think Trump was any better when it came to being a loser. Maybe we should make a list of the many examples of him being a loser.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:31 am

You certainly have a strong argument there. Career politicians are concerned only with maintaining their power.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

That's valid. But every politician flip-flops.

Lindsey Graham said if a supreme court vacancy came up in the last year of Trump's 1st term that the next president should fill it. That was an obvious flip-flop.

Hillary Clinton on TPP

Obama (and HRC) flipped on gay rights.

John Kerry's famous " I voted for it before I voted against it"

Ted Cruz on the TPA

Trump was pro-choice...now he's pro-life.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:52 am Remember how he campaigned in 2016 to get rid of Obamacare, then in 2017 the thumbs down theatrics he pulled to be the deciding vote to uphold Obamacare in order to spite Trump..
That's valid. But every politician flip-flops.

Lindsey Graham said if a supreme court vacancy came up in the last year of Trump's 1st term that the next president should fill it. That was an obvious flip-flop.

Hillary Clinton on TPP

Obama (and HRC) flipped on gay rights.

John Kerry's famous " I voted for it before I voted against it"

Ted Cruz on the TPA

Trump was pro-choice...now he's pro-life.
The only thing a politician is consistent on is flip-flopping depending on who they are trying to appease (not because of a change in thought process or belief). They are like a wind sock. Blow hard enough (i.e. give money to) and they will find a new direction to point to.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: I think McCain was one of the last willing to reach across the aisle and compromise. you know, what politicians used to do regularly. These entrenched positions they all take now are NOT beneficial for the country. I may not have liked every compromise he made, but he was one of the last of the “statesmen”.
I didn't like McCain as a politician but I respected him for that and for what he gave for our country. Cowardly old bone spurs has absolutely no right to call him a loser.

I respect his service but that is about it. My problem with McCain started with his handling of his first wife and the fact that his "compromises" seemed to happen more out of spite and what was good for him, than a true compromise in what was best for the country. And I will give him a "little bit of credit" in that not all of his compromises fit the above, but the vast majority seemed to.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:51 am
UNI88 wrote:I didn't like McCain as a politician but I respected him for that and for what he gave for our country. Cowardly old bone spurs has absolutely no right to call him a loser.

I respect his service but that is about it. My problem with McCain started with his handling of his first wife and the fact that his "compromises" seemed to happen more out of spite and what was good for him, than a true compromise in what was best for the country. And I will give him a "little bit of credit" in that not all of his compromises fit the above, but the vast majority seemed to.
Don't disagree at all.

In today's political environment, a politician willing to compromise even out of spite or what was good for him/her would be a breath of fresh air.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:02 am
AZGrizFan wrote:

I never thought much of McCain. Thought he got where he was in life due to his father's connections, never thought of him as particularly bright. Heck, his inclusion in the Keating Five was less about malfeasance than it was about not understanding the big picture of what he was getting into. He wasn't a bad person, but nothing particularly noteworthy about him either. That put him in similar company in the Senate.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:16 am
Winterborn wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:51 am

Don't disagree at all.

In today's political environment, a politician willing to compromise even out of spite or what was good for him/her would be a breath of fresh air.
Exactly. :nod: He looks like a fucking saint when compared to the last 15 years of politicians.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

phpBB [video]

HHHmmmmm

I wonder how dback and JSO will destroy this leftie while bending over backwards to defend Biden.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JSO, come get your boy. :lol:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

‘and women’ :suspicious:
‘etc’ :suspicious:
Even reading off a teleprompter he still can’t get it right...
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Somebody please keep this basket case and his Walmart-PhD wife out of Delaware. He was elected POTUS, not governor. He fucks up our traffic every time he comes home — like, every weekend.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Maybe he just likes lapping up conk tears. Cry more.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Maybe he just likes lapping up conk tears. Cry more.
Maybe he doesn’t know where he is or what he had for lunch.

That’s why we didn’t invite him to Sambos but we invited you, you little ankle biting conspiracy theorist twerp

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

i'd go to sambos and throw down with you old guys if i lived closer.

i think the only ags / cs.com guys i've met are OL FU and paward.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:03 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote:Maybe he just likes lapping up conk tears. Cry more.
Maybe he doesn’t know where he is or what he had for lunch.

That’s why we didn’t invite him to Sambos but we invited you, you little ankle biting conspiracy theorist twerp

LAWL
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:13 pm i'd go to sambos and throw down with you old guys if i lived closer.

i think the only ags / cs.com guys i've met are OL FU and paward.
That’s because you live in a shack on a mountain in NC without running water.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I miss those days.

Now I live in the flatlands of central Illinois. Running water is a plus, but no goats to fuck. Corn cobs fuck you and that just ain't right
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Not to worry, analjelly. Uncle Houndy can teach you how to position those pesky cobs.