Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Joe Biden gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:43 am
mainejeff wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:34 am

It was a simple question.....stupid.
"In the federal government of the United States, the power of the purse is vested in the Congress as laid down in the Constitution of the United States, Article I, Section 9, Clause 7 (the Appropriations Clause) and Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 (the Taxing and Spending Clause)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_of_the_purse
Don't stop him, he's on a roll...
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:52 am
CID1990 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:55 pm
I’m fine with skepticism over stories like this one. In fact, if Biden really did give her an amateur gyno exam and she didn’t break it off in his ass immediately then that adds to my skepticism. Even though I understand why women don’t come forward - it’s no excuse

My main beef here is the absolute hypocrisy in the lefty media

Reading their comparisons and justifications for treating this differently than the Kavanaugh story (which I do believe Jearf was quite vocal about) is literally a walk through the Twilight Zone of intelligence insulting
Gosh, if only you would have noticed
that the Conservative Christian Right issued the first walk through the Twilight Zone
when they embraced pussy-grabber prostitute bribing whore mongering thrice-married criminal as their leader

:lol:
That wasn't the first walk through the Twilight Zone. The pre-woke left walked through it during Slick Willy's presidency and I'm sure there were instances before that. It does seem that how much each side is willing to overlook and the contortions they will go through to justify it all while throwing tantrums over the other side's transgressions is getting worse. The Twilight Zone is becoming more ironic.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

mainejeff wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:34 am

It was a simple question.....stupid.
"In the federal government of the United States, the power of the purse is vested in the Congress as laid down in the Constitution of the United States, Article I, Section 9, Clause 7 (the Appropriations Clause) and Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 (the Taxing and Spending Clause)."

Congress "controls the purse"... but, the Executive Branch often decides the specifics of how money that authorized by Congress is spent.

For instance, Congress doesn't decide how every dime is spent on the military. The Executive Branch decides the specifics of how money that is allocated by Congress is spent through DOD.

Remember Solyndra? That was a loan approved by the Executive Branch.. Congress didn't approve the specifics, just the general allocation and the Executive was left to decide specifics.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Congress "controls the purse"... but, the Executive Branch often decides the specifics of how money that authorized by Congress is spent.

For instance, Congress doesn't decide how every dime is spent on the military. The Executive Branch decides the specifics of how money that is allocated by Congress is spent through DOD.

Remember Solyndra? That was a loan approved by the Executive Branch.. Congress didn't approve the specifics, just the general allocation and the Executive was left to decide specifics.
So you're saying that Trump should take money from somewhere else and reallocate it toward small business loans?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I think they did a shitty job determining who qualifies as a "small business" in many cases.

Is Ruth's Chris a small business?

I don't think Trump can take money from somewhere else, except through something like moving DOD funds or other funds like he's been doing for his wall.

He should ask Congress for more... and, agree to oversight as to how it's allocated.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:41 pm I think they did a shitty job determining who qualifies as a "small business" in many cases.

I don't think Trump can take money from somewhere else, except through something like moving DOD funds or other funds like he's been doing for his wall.

He should ask Congress for more... and, agree to oversight as to how it's allocated.
Governments do a horrible job of reporting anything these days. I would like to see a comprehensive list of what loans went out. By reports the average loan size was $239k - maybe it's a little on the high side but it doesn't sound terrible. I'm sure there are examples strewn through there, though, of loans that too big and for companies that are too big, but if a company had 50 employees that would be under $5k per person. Doesn't seem too horribly managed, outliers excepted.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:41 pm I think they did a shitty job determining who qualifies as a "small business" in many cases.

They as in the Trump administration? Or they as in the federal government? Congress and the administration rushed this thring through and implemented it so fast there wasn't time to do a good job of determining who qualified. It was about throwing money at people to make them feel better more than about actually making sure the money got to where it was most needed.

Future money should be better directed and include greater oversight. I don't trust Trump or Munchkin to allocate any money wisely or honestly.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:02 pm

They as in the Trump administration? Or they as in the federal government? Congress and the administration rushed this thring through and implemented it so fast there wasn't time to do a good job of determining who qualified. It was about throwing money at people to make them feel better more than about actually making sure the money got to where it was most needed.

Future money should be better directed and include greater oversight. I don't trust Trump or Munchkin to allocate any money wisely or honestly.
Agreed.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:02 pm I don't trust Trump or Munchkin to allocate any money wisely or honestly.
At least you dont think the Appropriations Clause is so cut and dry now. Little victories. :D
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:09 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:02 pm I don't trust Trump or Munchkin to allocate any money wisely or honestly.
At least you dont think the Appropriations Clause is so cut and dry now. Little victories. :D
Have I ever stated otherwise?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Well, you did just post the Appropriations Clause verbatim in response to Jeff's question.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:43 am "In the federal government of the United States, the power of the purse is vested in the Congress as laid down in the Constitution of the United States, Article I, Section 9, Clause 7 (the Appropriations Clause) and Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 (the Taxing and Spending Clause)."

First, the PPP is out of money

Second, it is acknowledged that the money that was there was spent for the purpose intended by Congress

it went to paycheck protection and now there’s no money left to be allocated

So what’s your point, Reek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

What's a Reek?
Go Black Bears!
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

In Race for Small-Business Loans, Winning Hinged on Where Firms Bank
https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-race-fo ... xlPpsV6s1j
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:18 am In Race for Small-Business Loans, Winning Hinged on Where Firms Bank
https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-race-fo ... xlPpsV6s1j
Not all banks are created equal. Odd that some big banks (Comercia from the article) weren't as nimble as other banks, big or small.

From the article, it does say that about 75% of the loans approved were for $150,000 or less. For a government program, this one seemed like it basically worked as intended, with some obvious outliers. Problem is the need far exceed the amount of money available.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GOP chairman: Large chains should not have received small business coronavirus aid

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, said on Tuesday that large chain restaurants should not have received money under a small-business aid program.

Grassley was asked about Shake Shack and Ruth's Chris Steak House both disclosing recently that they had received millions of dollars in loans under the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).

"They should not have gotten it because they had more than 500 employees. They could have legitimately got some help from another government program. ... They should have gone to the Federal Reserve to get it, and not got it from the small-business program," Grassley told C-SPAN.

Grassley's comments mark the latest criticism from lawmakers amid growing frustration that nationwide chains and companies received funds from the program, which was designed to provide loans and grants to businesses with fewer than 500 employees.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... irus%3famp
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:27 pm
mainejeff wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Sure....yeah....whatever you say.

Do you have proof that Biden has groped and raped women?
You mean besides the victims’ statements?
Maybe she is just vindictive
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:32 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:
While Liberals would not like to hear this, there's a huge difference. The woman in the Duke Lacrosse story was a worker in the sex industry who was at the party to perform as a stripper. And, while these thing occurred after the fact, she was arrested for attempted murder in 2010 and convicted of murder in 2013.

Christine Blasey Ford is a PhD Biostatistician and Psychologist who has a reputation for honesty and integrity. It's an entirely different animal.

The Republicans should count their blessings if she opts not to testify. It's not that Kavanaugh doesn't also have a good reputation. But this is not a stripper who was hired to go to a party and perform.
Actually, she has a reputation as a completely psychotic, vindictive bitch who has a HORRIBLE rating at the college where she teaches. Go read some of her class reviews....truly frightening. :shock:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:41 am
GOP chairman: Large chains should not have received small business coronavirus aid

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, said on Tuesday that large chain restaurants should not have received money under a small-business aid program.

Grassley was asked about Shake Shack and Ruth's Chris Steak House both disclosing recently that they had received millions of dollars in loans under the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP).

"They should not have gotten it because they had more than 500 employees. They could have legitimately got some help from another government program. ... They should have gone to the Federal Reserve to get it, and not got it from the small-business program," Grassley told C-SPAN.

Grassley's comments mark the latest criticism from lawmakers amid growing frustration that nationwide chains and companies received funds from the program, which was designed to provide loans and grants to businesses with fewer than 500 employees.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... irus%3famp
Shake Shack Returns $10 Million Loan To U.S. Program For Small Businesses
Shake Shack is returning a $10 million federal loan after the Paycheck Protection Program that was meant to help small businesses ran out of money in less than two weeks of operation. The burger chain and other large businesses were able to get the money because the program covers any company with fewer than 500 workers in a single location.
It looks like they should have taken a little longer to put more qualifications around who was eligible for the loans.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

US issues new guidance for small business loans, pressures public companies to return funds

The Small Business Administration issued new guidance on Thursday making it less likely that big publicly traded companies can access the next round of funding for the U.S. government's small business relief program. It also stepped up pressure on public companies that have tapped funds to return the money.

The update comes after a public furor that large companies tapped the facility, known as the Paycheck Protection Program, for hundreds of millions of dollars in loans while thousands of small businesses have yet to receive funding.
https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org ... funds.html
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:43 am
Well the unemployed are getting fucked money-wise so, I see his point.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

"Am I on?" Biden can't even run a livestream, and he wants to run the country :lol:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _i_on.html

Even the WaPo acknowledges it was a disaster..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

. Image

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.