JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Joe Biden gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:50 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:38 pm Does Trump saying 1700 Google engineers are quickly developing a web site to coordinate testing qualify as a gaffe or verbal bungle? Or is that just another lie?
So Google isn't building a website?
Correct. Trump just claimed Google issued a press release substantiating his claim but he was lying again. See https://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Despi ... 02941.html.

What Trump said is:
“I want to thank Google. Google is going to develop a website — it’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past — to determine if a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location,”
That's not what Google described in its tweet. Also Google decided to do what it is doing AFTER the President made a fool of himself and needed to save face.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:22 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:50 pm

So Google isn't building a website?
Correct. Trump just claimed Google issued a press release substantiating his claim but he was lying again. See https://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Despi ... 02941.html.

What Trump said is:
“I want to thank Google. Google is going to develop a website — it’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past — to determine if a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location,”
That's not what Google described in its tweet. Also Google decided to do what it is doing AFTER the President made a fool of himself and needed to save face.
From CNN once again.

You just can't stop, can you? Always going back to the shit news source.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:50 pm

What Trump said is:

From CNN once again.

It's not a shit news source. That is the conservative cop out. When credible sources tell them what they would prefer not to believe they attack the credible news sources. Not that CNN never makes mistakes. But it's a more credible new source than, say, Fox News is.

But that doesn't really matter. You can Google around for yourself. Trump made his Statement. Google was blindsided. There was an effort by a relatively small company called Verify that is within the same larger corporation as Google is. And it was a local San Fransisco area project designed for emergency responders.

When Trump made the statement Google was not working on such a thing at all. Trump said this:
Google is going to develop a website — it’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past — to determine if a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location,” Trump said at the press conference. “We have many, many locations behind us, by the way. We cover this country and large parts of the world, by the way. We’re not gonna be talking about the world right now, but we cover very, very strongly our country. Stores in virtually every location. Google has 1,700 engineers working on this right now. They have made tremendous progress.”
Google did not have 1,700 engineers working on anything like that. Now, since Trump made a fool of himself, Google has tweeted:
Google is partnering with the US Government in developing a nationwide website that includes information about COVID-19 symptoms, risk and testing information.
That's not what Trump described. You can get what's described by that tweet at the CDC web site already. Google is just facilitating a face-save.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:23 pm

From CNN once again.

It's not a shit news source. That is the conservative cop out. When credible sources tell them what they would prefer not to believe they attack the credible news sources. Not that CNN never makes mistakes. But it's a more credible new source than, say, Fox News is.

But that doesn't really matter. You can Google around for yourself. Trump made his Statement. Google was blindsided. There was an effort by a relatively small company called Verify that is within the same larger corporation as Google is. And it was a local San Fransisco area project designed for emergency responders.

When Trump made the statement Google was not working on such a thing at all. Trump said this:
Google is going to develop a website — it’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past — to determine if a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location,” Trump said at the press conference. “We have many, many locations behind us, by the way. We cover this country and large parts of the world, by the way. We’re not gonna be talking about the world right now, but we cover very, very strongly our country. Stores in virtually every location. Google has 1,700 engineers working on this right now. They have made tremendous progress.”
Google did not have 1,700 engineers working on anything like that. Now, since Trump made a fool of himself, Google has tweeted:
Google is partnering with the US Government in developing a nationwide website that includes information about COVID-19 symptoms, risk and testing information.
That's not what Trump described. You can get what's described by that tweet at the CDC web site already. Google is just facilitating a face-save.
How much Russia collusion and Covington Catholic they pedal?

Exactly. Shit fake news source for frauds!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:23 pm It's not a shit news source. That is the conservative cop out. When credible sources tell them what they would prefer not to believe they attack the credible news sources. Not that CNN never makes mistakes. But it's a more credible new source than, say, Fox News is.
You can't be serious. Both are as partisan as each other. :dunce:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

*deleted*
Last edited by Ibanez on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

What Trump said is:

From CNN once again.

Dude, you cite theconservativetreehouse.com. That's the poster child for a "shit news source". You really have no room to talk.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:23 pm It's not a shit news source. That is the conservative cop out. When credible sources tell them what they would prefer not to believe they attack the credible news sources. Not that CNN never makes mistakes. But it's a more credible new source than, say, Fox News is.
Take CNN out of it. The company still came out and say there weren't making the website.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Chuckled last night when Biden said Islands were sinking due to climate change.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:39 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:23 am

Take CNN out of it. The company still came out and say there weren't making the website.
Not what we're talking about there Mark. A broken clock is right twice a day.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I can’t believe you guys are bickering over what is really a semantic argument

wait

nevermind I can believe it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:56 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:39 am

You guys aren't talking about the partisanship of news outlets?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:02 am I can’t believe you guys are bickering over what is really a semantic argument

wait

It's not semantic. Saying Company X is doing something when they aren't is a falsehood.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:16 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:56 am

I quoted JSO saying CNN is more credible than Fox. It's not.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:28 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:16 am
I quoted JSO saying CNN is more credible than Fox. It's not.
So yes, you're talking about the partisanship of news outlets. Got it. I agree with you, CNN and Fox News are just about equal for their unstated bias.

I was also responding to SG calling CNN a "shit source" when he loves to quote a source that make Fox News look moderate.

Conservative Treehouse: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-last-refuge/

Fox News: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/

CNN: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:02 am I can’t believe you guys are bickering over what is really a semantic argument

wait

It's not semantic. Saying Company X is doing something when they aren't is a falsehood.
Relax, Francis I’m talking about SG and JSO
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: It's not semantic. Saying Company X is doing something when they aren't is a falsehood.
And technically, it looks like Google was assisting the other company that is working on whatever website. So it can be argued both ways... the epitome of a semantic argument
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:24 am
CID1990 wrote:
And technically, it looks like Google was assisting the other company that is working on whatever website. So it can be argued both ways... the epitome of a semantic argument
Yes. Working on a website for 1 state.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:24 am
CID1990 wrote:
CNN is still a shit news source.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:37 am

From CNN once again.

Dude, you cite theconservativetreehouse.com. That's the poster child for a "shit news source". You really have no room to talk.
No. You're confusing them with The Gateway Pundit but they're more accurate than CNN too.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:00 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:37 am
No. You're confusing them with The Gateway Pundit but they're more accurate than CNN too.
They're further right than theconservativetreehouse.com and are labeled "extreme."
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:24 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:00 pm

They're further right than theconservativetreehouse.com and are labeled "extreme."
That's fine. Conservative Treehouse deep dives subjects like FISA abuse and China trade war. They don't really do news much.

Now Gateway Pundit is full blown crazy, but hilarious. When I need to understand the truth after Gateway, I usually go to Hotair because they hate Trump. Conservative, but hate Trump.

I actually don't watch any news, just read.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:31 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:24 am

That's fine. Conservative Treehouse deep dives subjects like FISA abuse and China trade war. They don't really do news much.

Now Gateway Pundit is full blown crazy, but hilarious. When I need to understand the truth after Gateway, I usually go to Hotair because they hate Trump. Conservative, but hate Trump.

I got you.

I love the news but have to take it all with a grain of salt and know that when I listen to CNN/Fox that there's a major bias there. I like Reuters and honestly, Drudge. Drudge does will linking you to Fox, CNN, Reuters, AP, state/local news, etc... There's a bias for sure but I've noticed in the past few years that he will call out Republicans/Trump without hesitation.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:04 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:31 am

I got you.

I love the news but have to take it all with a grain of salt and know that when I listen to CNN/Fox that there's a major bias there. I like Reuters and honestly, Drudge. Drudge does will linking you to Fox, CNN, Reuters, AP, state/local news, etc... There's a bias for sure but I've noticed in the past few years that he will call out Republicans/Trump without hesitation.
Word is Drudge sold. People have been guessing that for about 6 months, because Drudge used to be pro-Trump, but then started linking articles unfavorable to Trump.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:11 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:04 am

I got you.

Word is Drudge sold. People have been guessing that for about 6 months, because Drudge used to be pro-Trump, but then started linking articles unfavorable to Trump.
:lol: The horror!

The sale must be recent.