Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Joe Biden gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:56 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:06 am

:lol:

I was over at a good friends house this past weekend and playing with their one year old daughter. We found one of their cat toys (a mouse on a string) and she loves to have you walk ahead of her and she gets to chase it. I mentioned to my buddy that we should get a laser pointer for her to chase and he said he is all for it as long as I take the heat from his wife when she finds out what we are doing.

I decided to pass as she gives me desserts now and then, and if I piss her off the first indication that I will get is probably finding ex lax in my dessert. :chair:
Rule #1 - Don't FUCK with the people handling your food. :lol:
This.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Oh no he didn’t..

Biden calls Black adviser 'boy' during FEMA briefing
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... dviser-boy
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:16 pm Oh no he didn’t..

Poor guy never outgrew his Corn Pop experience.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:23 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:16 pm Oh no he didn’t..

Poor guy never outgrew his Corn Pop experience.
When you're as old as he is, and aging by the minute, I just assume you're racist to a certain extent. He did send his kids to private school to avoid going to school with Blacks so this should come as no surprise. Again, let's not elect people who are almost 80 years old and exhibiting signs of significant mental decline.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

So was it JSO and Trip (maybe Jelly) that have consistently denied his mental decline? We need a record of this.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:40 pm So was it JSO and Trip (maybe Jelly) that have consistently denied his mental decline? We need a record of this.
Yep. Hey JSO, do you still think Biden is fine cognitively? Let’s see you analysis.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:40 pm So was it JSO and Trip (maybe Jelly) that have consistently denied his mental decline? We need a record of this.
I listen to C-SPAN everyday and have caught most of his speeches and interviews. I don't see it besides typical old people mistakes.

Trump was significantly worse than Biden; he was literally incoherent at times.

I don't agree with everything Biden's done, but I'm enjoying his Presidency so far. He's been far more progressive than I imagined, although still more conservative than I like. However compared to the absolute shit show these last four years, it's a breath of fresh air.

That said, I'd still vote for Bernie or AOC or a real progressive candidate in a primary unless Biden takes a harder left. All I know is that the GOP in its current state is a fascist threat to western democracy, human rights, global peace, and the American economy - as they've been my entire life - so they'll never gain my vote. Trump's presidency and the GOP's cult-like embrace of his corruption and treason, and their complete denial of science and reality (especially when it comes to climate change), only confirmed that idea.

In fact, I'm getting more liberal as I get older. Young people I know are even more left than even me so I'm optimistic. While I'm criticizing Biden for how he handled the Afghanistan exit, he's getting major props from younger people I know. Gen Z seems to be on a completely different level of progressive. We have one kid from Oklahoma whose younger brother (Marine) was in Afghanistan for the evacuation and he loves that Biden got us out. Our conservative manager told him how Biden's mishandling the situation and he fired back about how awesome it was we were finally leaving.

I've only known war my teenage and adult life, so the fact a President actually fulfilled their promise and got us out of Afghanistan is HUGE for me and others my age. It's up there with the passing of the ACA and the Obergefell v. Hodge decision. Thank you Biden.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:23 pm
I listen to C-SPAN everyday and have caught most of his speeches and interviews. I don't see it besides typical old people mistakes.

I don't agree with everything Biden's done, but I'm enjoying his Presidency so far. He's been far more progressive than I imagined, although still more conservative than I like. However compared to the absolute shit show these last four years, it's a breath of fresh air.

That said, I'd still vote for Bernie or AOC or a real progressive candidate in a primary unless Biden takes a harder left. All I know is that the GOP in its current state is a fascist threat to western democracy, human rights, global peace, and the American economy - as they've been my entire life - so they'll never gain my vote. Trump's presidency and the GOP's cult-like embrace of his corruption and treason, and their complete denial of science and reality (especially when it comes to climate change), only confirmed that idea.

In fact, I'm getting more liberal as I get older. Young people I know are even more left than even me so I'm optimistic. While I'm criticizing Biden for how he handled the Afghanistan exit, he's getting major props from younger people I know. Gen Z seems to be on a completely different level of progressive. We have one kid from Oklahoma whose younger brother (Marine) was in Afghanistan for the evacuation and he loves that Biden got us out. Our conservative manager told him how Biden's mishandling the situation and he fired back about how awesome it was we were finally leaving.

I've only known war my teenage and adult life, so the fact a President actually fulfilled their promise and got us out of Afghanistan is HUGE for me and others my age. It's up there with the passing of the ACA and the Obergefell v. Hodge decision. Thank you Biden.
Trip lives is an strange condensed little bubble. You're the gift that keeps on giving. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Trip lives is an strange condensed little bubble. You're the gift that keeps on giving. :lol:
He can’t be that delusional. He must be trolling..
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

∞∞∞ wrote:

God help us all, if he is not just trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I do credit you with being strong in your convictions. No matter how ridiculous they are. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

That's not surprising - most Republicans are happy we're leaving Afghanistan

Now if only they hadn't given away our airbase, our in country allies and our war material before the mission was over then maybe there'd be less aggravation with this screwed up retreat.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

:sleep:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

A lot of fog in his head..Not even CNN can’t cover for him..although they don’t call it a lie.. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:22 am
“Appeared to”? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Know already posted on the Biden scorecard thread, but since this is the official repository for such things:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Hey, Biden’s 3.5 trillion bill acvording to Joe actually coats ZERO. Magic! :dunce: :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

We have to vote to raise the debt ceiling EVERY FUCKING YEAR and some of you fucking idiots still talk about how we aren’t spending enough

95% of this country has lost its fucking mind

When I retire in 7-8 years I can move to Romania of Hungary and live in a country with more fucking fiscal sanity.

Les Paul or whoever he was was right about in investing in rare metals. The progtard morons and their GOP enablers are going to turn the dollar into the Weimar Deutschmark while arguing with the Jesus Freaks over who should use which fucking bathroom

I’m gonna grow boutique hay in Hungary

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Macau looks pretty good, except for the China proximity thing. Fiscally sound, gambling, and lots of hookers and blow.

On second thought, maybe Chile.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:Macau looks pretty good, except for the China proximity thing. Fiscally sound, gambling, and lots of hookers and blow.

On second thought, maybe Chile.
PRC is putting the clamps on Macau as we speak

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:00 pm We have to vote to raise the debt ceiling EVERY FUCKING YEAR and some of you fucking idiots still talk about how we aren’t spending enough

When I retire in 7-8 years I can move to Romania of Hungary and live in a country with more fucking fiscal sanity.

Les Paul or whoever he was was right about in investing in rare metals. The progtard morons and their GOP enablers are going to turn the dollar into the Weimar Deutschmark while arguing with the Jesus Freaks over who should use which fucking bathroom

We are spending enough. Just not in the right places.

Oh…and bye Felicia. :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:37 am
CID1990 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:00 pm We have to vote to raise the debt ceiling EVERY FUCKING YEAR and some of you fucking idiots still talk about how we aren’t spending enough

We are spending enough. Just not in the right places.

We need to cut and spend.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:37 am

We are spending too much and not in the right places.

FYP.

The beauty of our republic is (or used to be) that we compromised to find the right mix of priorities. Now respect is lacking and the extremes think they're right, the other side is wrong, and their smug, self-righteousness is justified.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm