Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

Yo...Republic...you’re going the wrong direction. Get a jab, avoid large gatherings, and we should get back to normal more quickly.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/ ... eader-eve/

BTW...this is a very scenic area of the state, more like Montana than Seattle. There’s also a fossil dig in the middle of the town, which used to be the bed of a large inland sea. Cracked some rocks and fished the Kettle River there when the boys (BOYS) were little.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:20 am Yo...Republic...you’re going the wrong direction. Get a jab, avoid large gatherings, and we should get back to normal more quickly.

BTW...this is a very scenic area of the state, more like Montana than Seattle. There’s also a fossil dig in the middle of the town, which used to be the bed of a large inland sea. Cracked some rocks and fished the Kettle River there when the boys (BOYS) were little.

:lol: at anyone thinking we'll ever be "back to normal". Hell, people think you should still be masking up after being vaccinated....

...'cause you know one of the narratives was "stay locked down until we have a vaccine". :dunce:

This was always a gubmint power grab. Always.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Oh.
The American Federation of Teachers lobbied the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on, and even suggested language for, the federal agency’s school-reopening guidance released in February.

The powerful teachers union’s full-court press preceded the federal agency putting the brakes on a full re-opening of in-person classrooms, emails between top CDC, AFT and White House officials show.

The emails were obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request by the conservative watchdog group Americans for Public Trust and provided to The Post.
https://nypost.com/2021/05/01/teachers- ... ssion=true
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:34 pm
kalm wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:20 am Yo...Republic...you’re going the wrong direction. Get a jab, avoid large gatherings, and we should get back to normal more quickly.

:lol: at anyone thinking we'll ever be "back to normal". Hell, people think you should still be masking up after being vaccinated....

...'cause you know one of the narratives was "stay locked down until we have a vaccine". :dunce:

Very close to normal around here. It's going to take longer to get there without the masks, because there are a good number that don't want the vaccine. Looks like we may have the state fair this year, the large antique fairs may be approved. Lot of positives happening in my area.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:43 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:28 pm
I can still go a buy and gun and tell you that I think Texas is full of dickless fucks with big hats.

But I get what you're saying. So why do you stand for it? I assume you haven't voted for any career politician - especially any that was around in 2001.
Oh, you can go buy a gun. But you have to give them your life story, in many places the type, style or magazine capacities are limited, etc., etc...Do the words "shall not be infringed" mean anything?

Just don't call them all the new "verboten" words (like Oriental).

And not many, that's for certain. As I've made clear on this board, i RARELY vote for either of the established candidates for President. Held my nose and voted for Ted Boobs last time because there was no WAY I wanted that girly fuck Beta in the senate.
You still got your gun. Times have changed. It isn't 1776 anymore, there are different priorities, situations, technological advances. We all can't stay living in the past.

I don't think your right to own a gun has been infringed upon - you don't want the inconvenience of having to provide information when you buy a deadly weapon. I get that. When at a register and they ask for m phone number I tell them "no". I went for a test drive and refused to give them that information. You have my license and an agent will be i the car with me. That's plenty.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:50 am
kalm wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:31 am

Of course it was....regardless of your feels on the matter. Not that it was going to happen. But we could have done better. Starting with how serious leadership took it and then greater financial relief guarantees. :coffee:
Perhaps if Pelosi, et. Al., would have put forth packages that benefitted actual AMERICANS instead of Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, etc., etc., we might have stopped it sooner, eh?
I agree with that and add that if both sides weren't so ready to play politics with public health - things might've gone differently. It's public health. It's an emergency - focus on that and not the pet projects. Leave the pork out of it. That isn't your moment to push your agenda.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:29 am

Very close to normal around here. It's going to take longer to get there without the masks, because there are a good number that don't want the vaccine. Looks like we may have the state fair this year, the large antique fairs may be approved. Lot of positives happening in my area.
:nod:

Those who understood it wasn’t the flu carried the weight of those who thought it was. It’s been off and on normal to many since last summer. Vaccines are helping us work back to normal.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:51 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:43 pm

Oh, you can go buy a gun. But you have to give them your life story, in many places the type, style or magazine capacities are limited, etc., etc...Do the words "shall not be infringed" mean anything?

Just don't call them all the new "verboten" words (like Oriental).

And not many, that's for certain. As I've made clear on this board, i RARELY vote for either of the established candidates for President. Held my nose and voted for Ted Boobs last time because there was no WAY I wanted that girly fuck Beta in the senate.
You still got your gun. Times have changed. It isn't 1776 anymore, there are different priorities, situations, technological advances. We all can't stay living in the past.

I don't think your right to own a gun has been infringed upon - you don't want the inconvenience of having to provide information when you buy a deadly weapon. I get that. When at a register and they ask for m phone number I tell them "no". I went for a test drive and refused to give them that information. You have my license and an agent will be i the car with me. That's plenty.
i don't want to provide my personal information and life story because it's being given to the GOVERNMENT. They are anything but altruistic when it comes to using information for "other" purposes.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 am

i don't want to provide my personal information and life story because it's being given to the GOVERNMENT. They are anything but altruistic when it comes to using information for "other" purposes.
Just playing devil's advocate here - It's not like they don't already have your PII. You have a SSN, DL, tax records, employment records, military service records (and I would assume your fingerprints by now). You've already given them everything. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

You don’t have to.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

That's why I use an ID with Kalm's info when purchasing firearms or anything else that the government tracks ... ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am

That's why I use an ID with Kalm's info when purchasing firearms or anything else that the government tracks ... ;)
well he won't share that with me....PM me with that info.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:58 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am

well he won't share that with me....PM me with that info.
‘88 is a VIP and I protect his privacy from ne’r do wells such as yourself.

Also directional school allegiance. :coffee: :coffee:

:coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:13 am

Just playing devil's advocate here - It's not like they don't already have your PII. You have a SSN, DL, tax records, employment records, military service records (and I would assume your fingerprints by now). You've already given them everything. :coffee:
They won't know (and have no business knowing) what guns, mags, ammo, etc you buy unless you are forced to tell them under a BS pretext...
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

EXCEPT which guns I own. (that all fell out of the boat into the bottom of the lake...) :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:19 pm
They won't know (and have no business knowing) what guns, mags, ammo, etc you buy unless you are forced to tell them under a BS pretext...
I understand that. My Devil's Advocate argument was why worry NOW about giving the government information that they already have? The US gov't knows about you. But I understand the argument from a privacy perspective.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:26 pm
EXCEPT which guns I own. (that all fell out of the boat into the bottom of the lake...) :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Our government is shady. You want to put odds on the fact that they already know? I bet some data nerd is hard at work on a registry.

And I say all of this as a gun owner.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:30 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Our government is shady. You want to put odds on the fact that they already know? I bet some data nerd is hard at work on a registry.

And I say all of this as a gun owner.
Exactly my point. But some of my guns at the bottom of the lake I’ve owned for more than 45 years....there are guns they don’t know about. Theoretically.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Some good news. Marked safe from double mutants!
Here is the REALLY IMPORTANT part. The combination of the two mutations gives a value of 4, in other words the two mutations DO NOT confer substantial antibody evasion and we can stop using the term 'Double Mutant'.

This is reassuring and gives us good reason to believe that expanding vaccination in India will contribute to control of transmission as well as the severe effects of COVID-19. The data also help to explain why one significant sub lineage of B.1.617 appears to have lost E484Q.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1388 ... k2EsflzLuQ
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:34 pm
So he's saying we should have lockdowns and mask mandates for the flu, ban kids from cars and bodies of water?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:16 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:34 pm
So he's saying we should have lockdowns and mask mandates for the flu, ban kids from cars and bodies of water?
Don’t be silly. Only 400,000 and some troops died of the WWII flu.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Fuck that noise, I got mine. If you catch it from me thats not my problem, dumbass. :tothehand:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:08 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:34 pm

From what I'm reading, they were under pretty tight lockdown and recently relaxed restrictions. Apparently when they locked down, they didn't have a plan for "essential" business to stay open and everyone ran out of food and supplies.

So after you lockdown without a plan to ensure everyone gets their needed supplies, they opened back up and made a bad situation worse. The living conditions are a breeding ground for illness.

As previously stated, this is just my initial look, so I could be off on this.
And now other countries don't want to send India spare vaccines, and Biden* is going to issue a travel restriction on India...

...'cause you know, he's racist.
That seems an overly harsh reaction to a Democrat Hoax that disappeared after November 4th..... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:44 pm
Ibanez wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:47 am So you have nothing. Figured. What freedoms have you lost?
please. The list is long and illustrious, and as 88 so aptly pointed out, the power grab been going on since 9/11.
Translation:" I don't understand the question, ask 88."