Political discussions
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:29 am Rochelle Walensky may be even more annoying than Dr. Faucet. (Spell check error that was too funny to fix!) :lol:
No joke. :nod:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 pm I just did a rapid scroll down on all this hyper bullshit

Just to leave this comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most substantive post in weeks!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Initial studies show that a third dose of Pfizer provides a huge boost of protection against the Delta variant. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think the same for Moderna considering they're incredibly similar vaccines (plus heterologous vaccinations have been safe so you can probably mix them...ask your doc first though).
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:26 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:04 pm I just did a rapid scroll down on all this hyper bullshit

Just to leave this comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most substantive post in weeks!
BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY HOWARD STERNS PENIS BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:32 am Initial studies show that a third dose of Pfizer provides a huge boost of protection against the Delta variant. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think the same for Moderna considering they're incredibly similar vaccines (plus heterologous vaccinations have been safe so you can probably mix them...ask your doc first though).
Israel is moving to boosters for the most susceptible of the previously vaccinated.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:51 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:32 am Initial studies show that a third dose of Pfizer provides a huge boost of protection against the Delta variant. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think the same for Moderna considering they're incredibly similar vaccines (plus heterologous vaccinations have been safe so you can probably mix them...ask your doc first though).
Israel is moving to boosters for the most susceptible of the previously vaccinated.
Hey...maybe that will get the Christian Right to be socially responsible. Little buggers love them some Israel.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I see my doctor tomorrow so I'll probably inquire about a third dose. If there's no real downside (beside temporary side effects) and the possibility of an upside, then inject me baby.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

I have a head ache, I think I'll take a Tylenol. Just thought I'd share that. In case anyone here gave a fuck.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:31 am I have a head ache, I think I'll take a Tylenol. Just thought I'd share that. In case anyone here gave a fuck.
I refuse to take Tylenol! You’re not the boss of me, Andy!!!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:20 am I see my doctor tomorrow so I'll probably inquire about a third dose. If there's no real downside (beside temporary side effects) and the possibility of an upside, then inject me baby.
I'm not sure an individual doctor can make that decision without approval from above. Pfizer has been saying for months that a booster was needed, but the government didn't want to scare people off that now three shots are needed nor indicate that the vaccine wasn't as effective as they were saying it is. It's the problem we always have when science has to be communicated through politicians and with political implications in mind, it just comes out as a jumbled mess. Hence why we are where we are.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:32 am
andy7171 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:31 am I have a head ache, I think I'll take a Tylenol. Just thought I'd share that. In case anyone here gave a fuck.
I refuse to take Tylenol! You’re not the boss of me, Andy!!!
Suffer though it is! :thumb:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:33 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:20 am I see my doctor tomorrow so I'll probably inquire about a third dose. If there's no real downside (beside temporary side effects) and the possibility of an upside, then inject me baby.
I'm not sure an individual doctor can make that decision without approval from above. Pfizer has been saying for months that a booster was needed, but the government didn't want to scare people off that now three shots are needed nor indicate that the vaccine wasn't as effective as they were saying it is. It's the problem we always have when science has to be communicated through politicians and with political implications in mind, it just comes out as a jumbled mess. Hence why we are where we are.
I think the point was if and when the government deems a third dose is needed, he's the first in line. Actually, he's camping out in preparation for it. Full and complete trust in our elected officials, is he.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

:nod:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I don't know why a doctor couldn't make the decision? If I can get a third shot by myself (I won't without a doc's approval), how is it that a doctor couldn't say the same?

Nothing they recommend needs to be approved by anyone higher up. That's why they're licensed professionals.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

A co-worker died from Tylenol poisoning about 20 years ago. He was taking Tylenol every hour for headaches until his body, I assume liver failed.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:40 am

I think the point was if and when the government deems a third dose is needed, he's the first in line. Actually, he's camping out in preparation for it. Full and complete trust in our elected officials, is he.
I just read it differently. But hey, if they say a third dose is needed, then I'm getting it as soon as I can as well. I drove more than an hour to get my first doses (I could've waited two weeks and then gotten it at any of the 15 local pharmacies, but I didn't know it was going to be that way). And at this point, I'm fine with saying that if you're vaccinated, go about however you want (wear a mask, don't wear a mask, up to you) and if you aren't vaccinated then wearing a mask is up to you but you should be COVID tested once a week at your job or your school and if you need to quarantine then you do so without pay or other accommodations. Exceptions would be the kids under 12 since they can't get the shot yet - I don't see how you can have them in school without masks at this point. But I'm all in favor of making it really burdensome to not have a vaccination, short of actually requiring someone to get vaccinated.

On another note, what's holding up making Pfizer and Moderna fully approved (rather than just emergency use) at this point? It's been 7-8 months since the emergency authorization was given. We're not moving fast enough to remove this made up excuse to not get a vaccine. Fully approve it already, and approve it for the under 12 set as well. Government has a part to play here and while Biden's busy calling people stupid we could be fast tracking this thing much more than we are.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Aleve or nothing. :tothehand:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:58 am
andy7171 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:40 am

I just read it differently. But hey, if they say a third dose is needed, then I'm getting it as soon as I can as well. I drove more than an hour to get my first doses (I could've waited two weeks and then gotten it at any of the 15 local pharmacies, but I didn't know it was going to be that way). And at this point, I'm fine with saying that if you're vaccinated, go about however you want (wear a mask, don't wear a mask, up to you) and if you aren't vaccinated then wearing a mask is up to you but you should be COVID tested once a week at your job or your school and if you need to quarantine then you do so without pay or other accommodations. Exceptions would be the kids under 12 since they can't get the shot yet - I don't see how you can have them in school without masks at this point. But I'm all in favor of making it really burdensome to not have a vaccination, short of actually requiring someone to get vaccinated.

On another note, what's holding up making Pfizer and Moderna fully approved (rather than just emergency use) at this point? It's been 7-8 months since the emergency authorization was given. We're not moving fast enough to remove this made up excuse to not get a vaccine. Fully approve it already, and approve it for the under 12 set as well. Government has a part to play here and while Biden's busy calling people stupid we could be fast tracking this thing much more than we are.
To paraphrase Scrooge.
Many don't want the vaccine...” “If they would rather die,” said Scrooge, “they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.”
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:01 am
Don't bad mouth Tylenol - that's my go to over the counter drug of choice. Fixes anything! :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:08 am

Don't bad mouth Tylenol - that's my go to over the counter drug of choice. Fixes anything! :thumb:
That's how I feel about Aleve. It's the duct tape of OTC pain killers.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:08 am

That's how I feel about Aleve. It's the duct tape of OTC pain killers.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:00 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:51 am

Hey...maybe that will get the Christian Right to be socially responsible. Little buggers love them some Israel.
What is your definition of socially responsible?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:57 am
A co-worker died from Tylenol poisoning about 20 years ago. He was taking Tylenol every hour for headaches until his body, I assume liver failed.
I haven’t taken on OTC pain killer in a year for similar reasons.

The two day golf event with Friday Night poker and booze, followed by Saturday morning Aleve, energy drink, and Caesar breakfast to kill the hangover, followed by more drinking and the same breakfast on Sunday followed by a two day hangover with more Aleve and energy drinks to keep going ain’t good for the old liver.

But I’ll side with Ibanez...Aleve is a far superior drug for killing the pain. Take it from me...I’m an expert! :mrgreen:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

You saw that as well eh? Israel has been showing higher amounts of breakthrough cases and Pfizer was willing to provide a booster. Of course old Joe B was all over the Pfizer CEO for making such a statement. The Pfizer CEO deferred to Joe's expertise in the field and "adjusted" his statement on boosters to match Joe's.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:38 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:57 am

I haven’t taken on OTC pain killer in a year for similar reasons.

The two day golf event with Friday Night poker and booze, followed by Saturday morning Aleve, energy drink, and Caesar breakfast to kill the hangover, followed by more drinking and the same breakfast on Sunday followed by a two day hangover with more Aleve and energy drinks to keep going ain’t good for the old liver.

But I’ll side with Ibanez...Aleve is a far superior drug for killing the pain. Take it from me...I’m an expert! :mrgreen:
Amateurs. Pros take Aleve and Tylenol for pain.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm