Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:39 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:37 am

What if he has post COVID immunity? That's better than a vaccine. Did they run an antibody test on him?
He has covid now.
Could be a false positive. Depends on the cycle threshold. Anything above 28 cycles is suspect, especially if they are saying he is asymptomatic.

By the way, an Ab test is shit too. :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:34 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:32 am
If Rahm had been vaccinated, he may still be playing. According to the PGA, he would not have gone thru the testing routine if he had been vaccinated. It's freedom, his choice to be or not to be vaccinated, but the people in control of his paycheck had rules, which gave him a choice. He has to live with his freedom of choice.

Update: Rahm decided to get his first vaccination after learning he was in close contact with a covid positive person.
It’s NOT freedom. It’s FORCED vaccination.
How is it forced? He was free to choose not to be vaccinated. The Tour had rules and there were consequences to his choice.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am Only about half the tour is vaccinated, how is it forced?
What if he has post COVID immunity? That's better than a vaccine. Did they run an antibody test on him?
It is interesting that you know post-COVID immunity is stronger than the vaccine, given that the scientific community has no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:34 am

It’s NOT freedom. It’s FORCED vaccination.
Only about half the tour is vaccinated, how is it forced?
There’s significant research now showing asymptomatic people aren’t spreaders. But hey PGA, you do you. Fucking retards.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:45 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
It is interesting that you know post-COVID immunity is stronger than the vaccine, given that the scientific community has no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the difference in epitopes between the two? On one side you have just the spike, and on the other you have the whole virus.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:07 pm

There’s significant research now showing asymptomatic people aren’t spreaders. But hey PGA, you do you. Fucking retards.
PGA isn't part of the political BS between right and left, going back and forth over scientist that support their narrative. They set the rules, and Rahm has to follow suit.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:48 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:39 am

He has covid now.
Could be a false positive. Depends on the cycle threshold. Anything above 28 cycles is suspect, especially if they are saying he is asymptomatic.

By the way, an Ab test is shit too. :lol:
According the rules, Rahm withdrew. Tough thing for millionaires to go thru, I'm sure. You and AZ have a thing for rich people having tough luck.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Link?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:05 pm

Link?
I don't have a link, but I will talk about two of the variables. The PCR test looks for certain genetic sequences and "viral debris" can meet that requirement.

Do you remember when the experts first said we did not develop immunity? It was because the test was picking up viral debris and multiplying it to cause a false PCR positive. It's why I rail on the test so much. You have more than 28 cycles and the false positive rate jumps quickly.

That is one way someone can be asymptomatic. They don't actually have the active virus, but have the post infection debris that is picked up by the test.

The real bitch is that the PCR test is not followed up with a viral culture. That's where you really prove that a person has COVID. If you can take the sample, and grow the virus in a culture, it definitively proves you have the virus and not debris. Keep the cycle threshold down and the PCR then performs well.

Plus, you can still "have" COVID, but your body is beating it back enough you aren't displaying symptoms. It essentially doesn't cross a certain threshold for someone to spread the disease or show symptoms. Look at kids. They totally destroy COVID and it is proven they are not a vector for the disease.

This is the other way someone can be asymptomatic.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:27 pm

Link?
I don't have a link, but I will talk about two of the variables. The PCR test looks for certain genetic sequences and "viral debris" can meet that requirement.

Do you remember when the experts first said we did not develop immunity? It was because the test was picking up viral debris and multiplying it to cause a false PCR positive. It's why I rail on the test so much. You have more than 28 cycles and the false positive rate jumps quickly.

That is one way someone can be asymptomatic. They don't actually have the active virus, but have the post infection debris that is picked up by the test.

The real bitch is that the PCR test is not followed up with a viral culture. That's where you really prove that a person has COVID. If you can take the sample, and grow the virus in a culture, it definitively proves you have the virus and not debris. Keep the cycle threshold down and the PCR then performs well.

Plus, you can still "have" COVID, but your body is beating it back enough you aren't displaying symptoms. It essentially doesn't cross a certain threshold for someone to spread the disease or show symptoms. Look at kids. They totally destroy COVID and it is proven they are not a vector for the disease.

I was looking for a link to Z’s “significant research”.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Link?

You should send a copy of this post to the golf lords. They might change the rule.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:52 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:09 pm
Now pull my posts when I state that there is a difference between the cloth masks and N95 (or better) masks. I'll wait. :coffee:
Which one did you load up on, preparing for the pandemic. :o
N95's, not the useless cloth ones that God-Fauci said are useless in his Feb 2020 email.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:24 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:09 pm

Unless a businesses requests it.
If a business has a sign saying masks required you can ignore it and most of the time no one will say anything to you. A lot of these businesses only had that sign up because of state mandates, or for liability reasons, but didn’t enforce it.

And if someone does say something to you, you can take your business somewhere else. Unless you live in a liberal donkistan, there are plenty other places where no one will say anything to you.
This.

Also noticed some of the businesses I frequent have removed those mask signs. The kids' swimming school took it down 2 weeks ago (CA officially reopens later this week). Local Baskin Robins didn't have one up when we got an ice cream cone earlier this week. The local grocery store still has it up but I haven't worn a mask in there for months.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

How convenient.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:00 pm

You should send a copy of this post to the golf lords. They might change the rule.
Maybe those that are making the rules should've paid attention in school. This is basic immunology and clinical lab testing.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

I'll just leave this here for the "lockdown until we're safe" crowd. :ohno:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Oh.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:36 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:00 pm

Maybe those that are making the rules should've paid attention in school. This is basic immunology and clinical lab testing.
You really think they had medical education?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:25 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:36 pm

The PGA has a medical director. Tom Hospel.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:25 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:25 pm

“We received the initial positive results at 4:20 p.m.,” Levinson said. “Our medical advisor ordered a re-run of that test, of that original sample, and we were notified of that, I believe the exact time was 6:03 p.m. He was in the middle of the 18th fairway. I think he had already hit his second shot, and so our advisor notified him as soon as he finished.”
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

The ratio of maskless to masked grocery shoppers is now almost as high in the rich white preppie grocery store we patronize in Wilmington as it is in the Qanon Food Lion we shop at in Sussex. Old people like me are more likely to wear them. I still wear one out of habit in grocery stores. Come to think of it, I never did like fat slobs wheezing over the meat and fresh vegetables. Even before the pandemic. And we never go to WalMart anymore.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Long read, but talks about the items at play in regards to nature or man made.

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-ori ... -at-wuhan/
In what follows I will sort through the available scientific facts, which hold many clues as to what happened, and provide readers with the evidence to make their own judgments. I will then try to assess the complex issue of blame, which starts with, but extends far beyond, the government of China.

By the end of this article, you may have learned a lot about the molecular biology of viruses. I will try to keep this process as painless as possible. But the science cannot be avoided because for now, and probably for a long time hence, it offers the only sure thread through the maze.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:02 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:25 pm

“We received the initial positive results at 4:20 p.m.,” Levinson said. “Our medical advisor ordered a re-run of that test, of that original sample, and we were notified of that, I believe the exact time was 6:03 p.m. He was in the middle of the 18th fairway. I think he had already hit his second shot, and so our advisor notified him as soon as he finished.”
That's great...and smart, but seeing the cycle threshold would help.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:58 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:02 pm

That's great...and smart, but seeing the cycle threshold would help.
No, because the people that pass out the paychecks would have to meet to change the rules. I am conservative by nature, I follow rules more closely than others.