Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:45 am I want her teaching my kids.
I wouldn't want someone that takes 3 tries to get the car in park to be my kids teacher either.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:19 am
kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:33 am

Yes...during an existential crisis, I DO prioritize safety and I think my concerns have unfortunately been proven correct for quite awhile now. Again, he’s justified in questioning his agency’s ability to enforce and he should. This just stinks of political glam posting. We don’t need additional divisiveness right now from leadership. There are still too many in denial of the continued threat.

I’m sorry that one side is more right than the other on this. That’s for you to reconcile. :thumb:
You're right we don't need additional divisiveness. Why don't you criticize the Donk leaders and their sheeple who blame Donald Trump for 280K coronavirus deaths? That's extremely divisive.

We also need genuine, authentic leadership not some authoritarian clown who locks things down and has a large private diner at an exclusive restaurant. Or the authoritarian clowns who say people shouldn't travel right before they or their family travel. It's hypocritical and feeds the divisiveness.

The side you support might be right but it doesn't help that it keeps tripping over its own dick and screwing this up.
I’ve criticized, Newsome, BLM, Pelosi, and even Inslee for inconsistencies in what’s considered essential.

Here’s a good example of what I’m talking about.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/ ... mask-mand/
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

We're seeing record numbers of new cases and hospitalizations in NC right now. Shit is persistent.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:29 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:19 am
You're right we don't need additional divisiveness. Why don't you criticize the Donk leaders and their sheeple who blame Donald Trump for 280K coronavirus deaths? That's extremely divisive.

We also need genuine, authentic leadership not some authoritarian clown who locks things down and has a large private diner at an exclusive restaurant. Or the authoritarian clowns who say people shouldn't travel right before they or their family travel. It's hypocritical and feeds the divisiveness.

The side you support might be right but it doesn't help that it keeps tripping over its own dick and screwing this up.
I’ve criticized, Newsome, BLM, Pelosi, and even Inslee for inconsistencies in what’s considered essential.

Here’s a good example of what I’m talking about.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/ ... mask-mand/
I don't disagree with you, I'm taking this virus seriously. I'm just point out that the divisiveness isn't a one-way street. People who are supposedly looking out for the best interests of others are demonstrating some pretty piss poor leadership as well.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:50 am
HI54UNI wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:45 am I want her teaching my kids.
I wouldn't want someone that takes 3 tries to get the car in park to be my kids teacher either.
:shock: Meh, that's what so many are like. 89Henette thankfully is not.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:43 am
SDHornet wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:42 pm

His response discusses his bout with the China Virus. Jones' stance on these "safety guidelines" is something that I've said from the get go, that they are not enforceable. It's just good to see the top cop in Sac County state the obvious.
It’s unenforceable like alcohol prohibition at EWU tailgates. The signs which include the RCW are still posted. There are a few people who still comply, and the cops heavily patrol the areas. Drinking out of a solo cup...you’re good. In your face shots from the bottle might get their attention just like going 3 over the speed limit versus 25.

Cops obviously have to prioritize crime fighting. They do it all the time. This is no different except that other crimes are not contagious and killing 3,000 people/day nationwide. No need for a public statement that undermines healthcare efforts.

This is not public leadership, it’s politicization of a health crisis.

If enough people followed social distancing guidelines on their own we wouldn’t be seeing almost the same amount of new daily cases as the other top 10 countries combined.
Oh BS. Looking at both 3 and 7 day averages, its never hit 3k a day.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:22 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:43 am

It’s unenforceable like alcohol prohibition at EWU tailgates. The signs which include the RCW are still posted. There are a few people who still comply, and the cops heavily patrol the areas. Drinking out of a solo cup...you’re good. In your face shots from the bottle might get their attention just like going 3 over the speed limit versus 25.

Cops obviously have to prioritize crime fighting. They do it all the time. This is no different except that other crimes are not contagious and killing 3,000 people/day nationwide. No need for a public statement that undermines healthcare efforts.

This is not public leadership, it’s politicization of a health crisis.

If enough people followed social distancing guidelines on their own we wouldn’t be seeing almost the same amount of new daily cases as the other top 10 countries combined.
Under the current trend it will. For comparison, we lost on average 220 soldiers/day in WWII. We lost 2400 at Pearl Harbor.

Nitpicking like this is why you get made fun of.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:52 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:22 pm
Under the current trend it will. For comparison, we lost on average 220 soldiers/day in WWII. We lost 2400 at Pearl Harbor.

For comparison, since the 1st US death on 2/6, there have been according to the CDC as of today, 281,253 China Virus deaths. That’s an avg of about 925 a day.
For comparison in recent years there have been an avg of 1500-2k cancer deaths a day, and 1500-2k heart disease deaths a day.

3,000 deaths a day hasn’t happened once yet, even with Monday reportinf spikes from including deaths over the weekend. Saying a virus that’s killing 1k people a day isn’t killing 3k isn’t remotely close to nitpicking. Exxagerrations like this are why you get made fun..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:38 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:52 pm

For comparison, since the 1st US death on 2/6, there have been according to the CDC as of today, 281,253 China Virus deaths. That’s an avg of about 925 a day.
For comparison in recent years there have been an avg of 1500-2k cancer deaths a day, and 1500-2k heart disease deaths a day.

3,000 deaths a day hasn’t happened once yet, even with Monday reportinf spikes from including deaths over the weekend. Saying a virus that’s killing 1k people a day isn’t killing 3k isn’t remotely close to nitpicking. Exxagerrations like this are why you get made fun..
We've had 15,203 deaths within the last seven days. Saying a virus that's killing 1000/day isn't remotely close... :roll:

But yeah...people are still dying of other things so it's no big deal or something. :roll: :roll:

*reporting
**exaggerations

:roll: :roll: :roll:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:48 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:38 pm

We've had 15,203 deaths within the last seven days. Saying a virus that's killing 1000/day isn't remotely close... :roll:

But yeah...people are still dying of other things so it's no big deal or something. :roll: :roll:

*reporting
**exaggerations

Ok, so 2k a day. Not 3k. That’s exxagerrating.. :roll:
And pointing that out isn’t nitpicking. :roll:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:23 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:48 pm

*reporting
**exaggerations

Ok, so 2k a day. Not 3k. That’s exxagerrating.. :roll:
Ok, so 2k a day. Not 1k. That’s trivializing.. :roll:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Bismarck Tribune headlines today.

Experts attribute fall in COVID-19 cases to more masking; area cases have dropped 15 straight days
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration opted last summer not to lock in a chance to buy millions of additional doses of one of the leading coronavirus vaccine contenders, a decision that could delay the delivery of a second batch of doses until manufacturer Pfizer fulfills other international contracts.

The revelation, confirmed Monday by people familiar with the matter, came a day before President Donald Trump aimed to take credit for the speedy development of forthcoming coronavirus vaccines at a White House summit Tuesday.

Pfizer’s vaccine is expected to be endorsed by a panel of Food and Drug Administration advisers as soon as this week, with delivery of 100 million doses — enough for 50 million Americans — expected in coming months.

Under its contract with Pfizer, the Trump administration committed to buy an initial 100 million doses, with an option to purchase as many as five times more.

This summer, the White House opted not to lock in an additional 100 million doses for delivery in the second quarter of 2021, according to people who spoke about the matter on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it publicly.

Days ahead of the vaccine’s expected approval, the administration is reversing course, but it is not clear that Pfizer, which has since made commitments to other countries, will be able to meet the latest request on the same timeline.
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-do ... afdf08881e
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

U.S. Says It Has Enough Vaccine Despite Global Pfizer Demand
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... zer-demand
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Moderna to Ask FDA to Release Covid Vaccine, Expects 20 Million Doses to Be Ready by End of 2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... r-BB1busVF
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Weren’t they last summer locking in 10s of millions of doses from a 1/2 doz different manufacturers, not knowing which would win?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:11 am Weren’t they last summer locking in 10s of millions of doses from a 1/2 doz different manufacturers, not knowing which would win?
That's what the Bloomberg article suggests (or at least that the thinking was to obtain vaccines from multiple companies). I don't disagree with that logic. This isn't a story, IMO. Isn't Pfizer's vaccine the one that requires -100degree F temps during transport or something crazy like that? That's ridiculous.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:34 am Bismarck Tribune headlines today.

Experts attribute fall in COVID-19 cases to more masking; area cases have dropped 15 straight days
but of course. there can be no other answer. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:25 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:34 am Bismarck Tribune headlines today.

They are falling sharper than they are in South Dakota.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:37 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:25 am

So there's literally hundreds of examples of masks not working, of cases exploding after mask mandates were implemented, and ONE time they get the timing right (it's seasonal, FFS) and of COURSE they're going to credit their ingenious mask implementation for "flattening the curve".... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:05 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:37 am

So there's literally hundreds of examples of masks not working, of cases exploding after mask mandates were implemented, and ONE time they get the timing right (it's seasonal, FFS) and of COURSE they're going to credit their ingenious mask implementation for "flattening the curve".... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
After the mask mandate in ND, cases started to tail off more that SD. Minnesota had a slower rise in cases than SD, and is now going down faster than SD.

Here is the Kansas example
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

COVID-19 isolation drives Brunswick teenager to suicide
Spencer Smith, 16, died on Friday. He wrote a note to his parents saying he was struggling in school, felt stuck in the house, and drifting from his friends.

https://www.newscentermaine.com/article ... 1f239201e1

This is what adults are doing to kids. :(
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:52 pm COVID-19 isolation drives Brunswick teenager to suicide
Spencer Smith, 16, died on Friday. He wrote a note to his parents saying he was struggling in school, felt stuck in the house, and drifting from his friends.

Yep. My top employee’s sister committed suicide Saturday night. I now know more people who’ve killed themselves than have died from COVID.
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:14 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:52 pm COVID-19 isolation drives Brunswick teenager to suicide

Yep. My top employee’s sister committed suicide Saturday night. I now know more people who’ve killer themselves than have died from COVID.
Unfortunately, I know more who have died from Covid.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:14 pm

Yep. My top employee’s sister committed suicide Saturday night. I now know more people who’ve killer themselves than have died from COVID.
Jesus that's awful. :ohno:

But you know, lockdown until no one dies or something.