Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:26 pm I brought this data issue up awhile ago. Essentially considering someone unvaxxed until two weeks after second shot is really messing with the data.

This is the first real data I've seen on this topic. Look at how many hospitalizations and deaths occur within the first 14 days of getting your shot.

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/the ... u/comments.

I am not getting why you think that is a big deal. That was anticipated before any shots were even administered. I can remember getting my shots and understanding that I would not be considered fully protected...to the extent that protection is achieved...until two weeks after my second shot. And I SURE as heck wasn't going to be considered anywhere close to fully protected between my first shot and my second shot.

I guess I can see considering people who are in the process between first shot and two weeks after second shot to be in neither group. But I don't think it would make a heck of a lot of difference in what the data suggest. In fact I think doing what you are talking about would, if anything, create a situation in which the beneficial effect of vaccination is understated.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:38 pm
I can't believe somebody is dumb enough to still be using that 5% of COVID-19 deaths solely attributable to COVID-19 thing. You just keep seeing this debunked crap surface over and over again. Good spot to again use the discussion of the situation in the video linked below the text in this post (you'll probably have to click the little sound icon to turn the sound on).

I know it is Youtube. But the reason I use it is because I have read the CDC guidance on reporting COVID-19 deaths and what he is saying is completely consistent with the truth of the matter. I just like to use his video because he does a good job of articulating it. The only thing I think might be wrong about what he said is he appears to say that something like somebody dying in a vehicle accident and testing positive for COVID would show up as a COVID death. I don't think that would happen; at least not with respect to the COVID-19 deaths tabulated based on death certificate data. COVID has to be a factor in the death for the death to be counted as a COVID death there.
Except that states and the federal government have openly admitted they’ve been doing EXACTLY that and are now going to change to only counting deaths FROM COVID, not WITH COVID. So you can remain in denial that it was happening, but it was most definitely happening.

And the CDC themselves reported that just 6% of COVID deaths were solely from COVID, with NO comorbidities. The average COVID death had 2.9 (so basically 3) comorbidities.

But you keep your head in the sand, John. It’s served you so well thus far.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:47 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:26 pm I brought this data issue up awhile ago. Essentially considering someone unvaxxed until two weeks after second shot is really messing with the data.

This is the first real data I've seen on this topic. Look at how many hospitalizations and deaths occur within the first 14 days of getting your shot.

Unreal. Really makes me want to go out and get that booster. NOT.
How many deaths were attributed to being unvaccinated, when the trigger was really the vaccine and suspect accounting?

You can see this data play out right now with booster effectiveness. You aren't considered fully boosted until 14 days, so it shifts all infections into the vaccinated with only 2 shot group and making them look terrible at vaccine effectiveness. Not surprisingly, when you get rid of all those that contract Covid within the first 14 days, the boosted numbers take a fake boost and look better than they really are.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 pm Oh.

I can't believe somebody is dumb enough to still be using that 5% of COVID-19 deaths solely attributable to COVID-19 thing. You just keep seeing this debunked crap surface over and over again. Good spot to again use the discussion of the situation in the video linked below the text in this post (you'll probably have to click the little sound icon to turn the sound on).

I know it is Youtube. But the reason I use it is because I have read the CDC guidance on reporting COVID-19 deaths and what he is saying is completely consistent with the truth of the matter. I just like to use his video because he does a good job of articulating it. The only thing I think might be wrong about what he said is he appears to say that something like somebody dying in a vehicle accident and testing positive for COVID would show up as a COVID death. I don't think that would happen; at least not with respect to the COVID-19 deaths tabulated based on death certificate data. COVID has to be a factor in the death for the death to be counted as a COVID death there.

Anyway, whoever wrote that "We will not play pretend" thing is an idiot. BTW, as of now and through the week of 1/8/2022, the death certificates data process has counted 213,337 COVID-19 deaths among people under 65. Yes, it's worse for people over 65. 621.617 deaths among that age range. But people really need to stop this nonsense about it not being a "thing" for people under 65. The worst seasonal flu among the past 10 (2017-2018) had an estimated 52,000 influenza associated deaths among ALL age groups (and influenza also disproportionately impacts the elderly). We have now averaged over 100,000 COVID-19 deaths per year JUST among people under 65. And that's according to a count, not an estimate. The estimates are higher.

People who continue to insist that this is not a big deal and it is not a really big public health crisis are being willfully ignorant.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?re ... 0077404117
And how many of those people didn’t have multiple co-morbities including being fat as fuck? I believe the avg is 3-4 co-morbities.

Out of 331 million population, about 275 million under 65. So 100k a year is approx 1 out of every 2,750 WITH Covid (not necessarily even FROM Covid), way down the list of causes of death.

Its not a big deal..
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:51 pm

Except that states and the federal government have openly admitted they’ve been doing EXACTLY that and are now going to change to only counting deaths FROM COVID, not WITH COVID. So you can remain in denial that it was happening, but it was most definitely happening.

And the CDC themselves reported that just 6% of COVID deaths were solely from COVID, with NO comorbidities. The average COVID death had 2.9 (so basically 3) comorbidities.

Heck, didn’t Wallensky even claim an avg of 4 co-morbidities?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

My understanding is that you're at greater risk for a short period after the shot until your immune system has had time to react to the vaccine. It doesn't seem like rocket science. The shot doesn't boost your immune system immediately. Be careful during the first 2 weeks and then your body is better able to fight off the virus.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:06 pm

Anyway, whoever wrote that "We will not play pretend" thing is an idiot. BTW, as of now and through the week of 1/8/2022, the death certificates data process has counted 213,337 COVID-19 deaths among people under 65. Yes, it's worse for people over 65. 621.617 deaths among that age range. But people really need to stop this nonsense about it not being a "thing" for people under 65. The worst seasonal flu among the past 10 (2017-2018) had an estimated 52,000 influenza associated deaths among ALL age groups (and influenza also disproportionately impacts the elderly). We have now averaged over 100,000 COVID-19 deaths per year JUST among people under 65. And that's according to a count, not an estimate. The estimates are higher.

People who continue to insist that this is not a big deal and it is not a really big public health crisis are being willfully ignorant.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?re ... 0077404117
And how many of those people didn’t have multiple co-morbities including being fat as fuck? I believe the avg is 3-4 co-morbities.

Out of 331 million population, about 275 million under 65. So 100k a year is approx 1 out of every 2,750 WITH Covid (not necessarily even FROM Covid), way down the list of causes of death.

Its not a big deal..
It’s only killed 800,000. The only people who are really in trouble are those with weight problems, respiratory problems, diabetes, heart issues, liver issues, or are too old. I mean really who cares?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:12 pm

Its not a big deal..
It’s only killed 800,000. The only people who are really in trouble are those with weight problems, respiratory problems, diabetes, heart issues, liver issues, or are too old. I mean really who cares?
Has it? Or has it been present in 800,000 deaths? :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Its not a big deal..
It’s only been present in 800,000 deaths. The only people who are really in trouble are those with weight problems, respiratory problems, diabetes, heart issues, liver issues, or are too old. I mean really who cares?
FIFY
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:16 pm

Has it? Or has it been present in 800,000 deaths? :coffee:
Yep.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Another in an endless line of donk govs/mayors/congressmen ‘Rules are not for me, peasant.’
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gillib ... andate.amp
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:31 pm

It’s only been present in 800,000 deaths. The only people who are really in trouble are those with weight problems, respiratory problems, diabetes, heart issues, liver issues, or are too old. I mean really who cares?
FIFY
So what percentage would have died anyway?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:43 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:31 pm
FIFY
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:11 pm My understanding is that you're at greater risk for a short period after the shot until your immune system has had time to react to the vaccine. It doesn't seem like rocket science. The shot doesn't boost your immune system immediately. Be careful during the first 2 weeks and then your body is better able to fight off the virus.
I'm not an anti-vaxxer, proven by my three jabs, but I am done getting them. I've never had a flu shot and never had the flu. I got three Covid vaccines and had a bad reaction to #2 and #3.

BTW, went to a Terp bball game this afternoon (let's not discuss the game) and we had to carry a copy of our vax cards, show photo ID, get metal detected.... yet dumb ass Libs are complaining about election integrity. Fuck all of you lefties. Can you tell the Terps lost today?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Why in the hell would anyone be taking a cruise right now? Have no sympathy for these people’s vacations being ruined..
https://news.yahoo.com/passengers-stuck ... 54530.html
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:11 pm

My understanding is that you're at greater risk for a short period after the shot until your immune system has had time to react to the vaccine. It doesn't seem like rocket science. The shot doesn't boost your immune system immediately. Be careful during the first 2 weeks and then your body is better able to fight off the virus.
Now what really belongs in the unvaccinated crowd? A lot of deaths and hospitalizations were hidden in that category. The vaccine has been demonstrated to show it increases your chances of contracting Covid.

You drop out 60% of the deaths from the unvaxxed. That seems like something interesting.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:48 pm

I am not getting why you think that is a big deal. That was anticipated before any shots were even administered. I can remember getting my shots and understanding that I would not be considered fully protected...to the extent that protection is achieved...until two weeks after my second shot. And I SURE as heck wasn't going to be considered anywhere close to fully protected between my first shot and my second shot.

I guess I can see considering people who are in the process between first shot and two weeks after second shot to be in neither group. But I don't think it would make a heck of a lot of difference in what the data suggest. In fact I think doing what you are talking about would, if anything, create a situation in which the beneficial effect of vaccination is understated.
Then why not lump them in with the vaccinated?

Absorbing 75+% of the deaths and hospitalizations is going to look horrible on metrics.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Exactly, every notice I saw about the vaccine was with the 14 days before you were immune. People didn't always go with the 14 days, and caught covid during that time.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:51 pm

These Branch Covidians aren't dealing with the instant change/collapse of the narrative very well. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Its not a big deal..
No we care, we just also care not to change society and sacrifice the development of the youngest generation for the sake of you old people. Stay the fuck home if you are that scared of it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:52 pm

:nod: All life is terminal. It's comical and sad to see these boomers so willing to sacrifice the youngest generation all so they can hang on to a few more years of life.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

How many had their life shortened because of covid? Sounds like you have lived a healthy life. Some are not to lucky.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:45 pm

:nod: All life is terminal. It's comical and sad to see these boomers so willing to sacrifice the youngest generation all so they can hang on to a few more years of life.
How are the youngest generation being sacrificed. I don't see in my daily life, what fox and cnn report.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:20 pm

Now what really belongs in the unvaccinated crowd? A lot of deaths and hospitalizations were hidden in that category. The vaccine has been demonstrated to show it increases your chances of contracting Covid.

You drop out 60% of the deaths from the unvaxxed. That seems like something interesting.
The graph tells me that people don't listen to the recommendations, a go out and about before they are immune. But keep on spinning, you are on a roll.