Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:50 pm This is what they do when they step off the mental plantation. The irony in this black on black hit is that the vaccine mandates will disproportionally impact communities of color...essentially ushering in a new "Jim Crow" era...
Don't care about two rich people's beef with each other, but to your point above, black and Latino communities are some of the highest vaccinated (76% and 71%, respectively):

https://www.theroot.com/poll-black-amer ... 1847554349

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-t ... s-n1277514

That said, unvaccinated people are breaking a system which was already stressed for communities of color due to factors beyond the pandemic (ie. lack of funding, lack of staff, poverty, etc.) so you're not wrong in that it's impacting them. But as a demographic, white rural conservatives are now the least vaccinated group in America and communities of color are at the higher end. Mandates aren't the big issue here.

The articles didn't address it, but Native Americans have the highest vaccination rate: https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... accination
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:18 am Holy crap. Don't know where I got 6 comorbidities per COVID death. Maybe that was the original data sets... picking off the low hanging fruit first.

Anywho. Latest CDC stats.

78.1% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 65.
94.7% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 50.
6% of TOTAL DEATHS are attributed to Covid only.
94% of TOTAL DEATHS have an average of 2.9 co-morbidities (12/6/20).
Another reason why I'm not putting this shit in my kid. There is no data to support vaccinations in children. Absolutely none. :coffee:
Trust the CDC when their numbers confirm your biases. :thumb: :lol:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Not sure WTF trip is looking at for blacks being more vaccinated that anyone else.

Its a huge issue in Baltimore City. One of the major reason the City is still on mask lockdown still.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

andy7171 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:24 am Image

Not sure WTF trip is looking at for blacks being more vaccinated that anyone else.

Its a huge issue in Baltimore City. One of the major reason the City is still on mask lockdown still.
I wore a mask in the Levi store about a month ago, required by store. The only time all summer I wore one.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

You should read the site that's on (post a link next time). Here's the conclusion.

"Discussion

As the Delta variant continues to spread across the country, risks are increasing, particularly for people who remain unvaccinated. White people account for the largest share of people who remain unvaccinated (57%), but Black and Hispanic people are less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine, leaving them at increased risk, which may lead to widening disparities going forward and limit the nation’s recovery."

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:33 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:50 pm This is what they do when they step off the mental plantation. The irony in this black on black hit is that the vaccine mandates will disproportionally impact communities of color...essentially ushering in a new "Jim Crow" era...
Don't care about two rich people's beef with each other, but to your point above, black and Latino communities are some of the highest vaccinated (76% and 71%, respectively):

WFT kind of source is this?
76 percent of Black folks said they have received a vaccine. Sixty-six percent of whites answered in the affirmative.
:rofl:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:25 am

You should read the site that's on (post a link next time). Here's the conclusion.

"Discussion

As the Delta variant continues to spread across the country, risks are increasing, particularly for people who remain unvaccinated. White people account for the largest share of people who remain unvaccinated (57%), but Black and Hispanic people are less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine, leaving them at increased risk, which may lead to widening disparities going forward and limit the nation’s recovery."

Again, WTF are you talking about?? 43% of the black population has been vaccinated. Your silly site says 76% SAID they have been vaccinated.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

89Hen wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:28 am

"Discussion

Again, WTF are you talking about?? 43% of the black population has been vaccinated. Your silly site says 76% SAID they have been vaccinated.
Agreed that KFF is a better source than the NBC poll, but KFF says 65% of black adults are vaccinated. It says 70% of white adults are vaccinated. I don't know how to post the chart, but it's cited in the links if you read through the stuff.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... july-2021/

So I'll concede it's less than whites, but the difference isn't dramatic. And whites still make up the largest share who are unvaccinated per KFF (see quote above).
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:38 am whites still make up the largest share who are unvaccinated per KFF (see quote above).
That's not surprising since they make up the largest share of the population.

Whites make up 57% of unvaccinated adults, but whites also make up 76% of the US population. Let that sink in a bit Trip.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

That said, unvaccinated people are breaking a system which was already stressed for communities of color due to factors beyond the pandemic (ie. lack of funding, lack of staff, poverty, etc.) so you're not wrong in that it's impacting them. But as a demographic, white rural conservatives are now the least vaccinated group in America and communities of color are at the higher end. Mandates aren't the big issue here.

The articles didn't address it, but Native Americans have the highest vaccination rate: https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... accination
How are the unvaccinated breaking the system?

In light of what is happening in the UK and Israel, we can see how the vaccinated are losing their immunity. Not blaming the vaccinated, but you simply cannot end a highly transmissible respiratory illness pandemic with vaccines that only confer protection for 4-6 months.

You simply cannot vaccinate your way out of this with the current state of vaccines. Now if they come up with a sterilizing vaccine, it's game on!

Maybe I'm missing your point too. Entirely possible.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

"Discussion

I think he's just going on numbers alone. 60% of 15% of the population is less than 30% of 75%? WTF is that about?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

andy7171 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:03 am
I think he's just going on numbers alone. 60% of 15% of the population is less than 30% of 75%? WTF is that about?
I think he realized his initial post that Blacks and Hispanics are vaccinated at higher levels than Whites was just flat out wrong, but he didn't want to say that he was flat out wrong, hence the obfuscation. Trip being Trip. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:30 am

Another reason why I'm not putting this shit in my kid. There is no data to support vaccinations in children. Absolutely none. :coffee:
Actually I go off of the CA data, but this CDC batch certainly helps. :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Even if one person of color is negatively impacted by mandates, it makes the mandates racist.

Your rules, not mine. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:29 am
I think he realized his initial post that Blacks and Hispanics are vaccinated at higher levels than Whites was just flat out wrong, but he didn't want to say that he was flat out wrong, hence the obfuscation. Trip being Trip. :coffee:
:coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

It's Trip's 6.93 moment.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:59 pm
:lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:59 pm
It's Trip's 6.93 moment.
Oh well done. :notworthy:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:29 am
I hate it when GF and I are on the same page. Not as much as when it happens with BillK, but I don't like it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

andy7171 wrote:
89Hen wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:28 am Again, WTF are you talking about?? 43% of the black population has been vaccinated. Your silly site says 76% SAID they have been vaccinated.
Ok - So im not the only person to think that as well. 75% of Native Americans is good - but what percent of the population are they? If we just look at groups, that’s great but what’s it mean for the whole population?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:30 am

The CDC could help itself immensely by publishing better data. It's almost as if they don't know what they are doing in regards to data.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:59 am Image
Ha!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Oh.