Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:14 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:11 pm

So you're saying it didn't really happen because it's a case study?
No. What I'm saying is that there is no way one can infer cause and effect or even association (in a statistical sense) based on a single case. In looking more closely at the paper and one of the references it looks to me like varicella zoster virus reactivation is recognized as a possible rare side effect and what they did with their study is point out a possible reason for it.

I found an article that says that the mRNA vaccines themselves tend to stay near the injection site but I don't see anything saying that the spike proteins produced by the body's cells do that (https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/where ... roteins-go).
So what are your thoughts on the vaccine obviously not staying localized and also the expression of the vaccine mRNA strand...three months later?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Oh.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Youngest has been getting me up anywhere from 1-3 am for the last two weeks and I'm running a pretty deep sleep deficit. He then brought something home from school and I've caught it.

Not Covid. Still Covid free. I know you guys were worried. :lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

This could go in a couple of spots but the reason I listened to it was due to COVID. So decided to put it here. Long listen but worth it.

Some takeaways:

1) A cigar is a cigarette without any manners
2) Pour until you are happy
3) At least some people are waking up and realizing all the mistakes that were made.
4) Unlike alot of people that I disagree with, Maher I would happily sit down for a drink with and have a discussion
5) Interesting to see Rogan's format being applied elsewhere.
6) I enjoy hearing Rogers talk. He has some good incite.

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

So no mentions on Europe starting to ban the "vaccine" for people under 40 years old? :lol: :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote:This could go in a couple of spots but the reason I listened to it was due to COVID. So decided to put it here. Long listen but worth it.

Some takeaways:

3) At least some people are waking up and realizing all the mistakes that were made.
4) Unlike alot of people that I disagree with, Maher I would happily sit down for a drink with and have a discussion

So he kept his kAaron Rodgers persona buried?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:51 pm So no mentions on Europe starting to ban the "vaccine" for people under 40 years old? :lol: :rofl:
I'm partial to the new study out showing in children that if you caught Covid while naive, it gave you great protection, but if you got Covid and then got the vax, that long lasting immunity waned just like the vax and were then more susceptible to catching Covid again.

Better get that booster!!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Nothing to see here. Myocarditis ads for kids.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Biden: ‘The pandemic is over’

President Biden declared the coronavirus pandemic “over” in an interview that aired Sunday, pointing to the return of large events and the lack of masking and other public health measures in place nationwide.

“The pandemic is over,” Biden told “60 Minutes” from the Detroit auto show last Wednesday, the first time the even has been held since the onset of the pandemic in 2020.

“We still have a problem with COVID. We’re still doing a lotta work on it. It’s — but the pandemic is over. if you notice, no one’s wearing masks. Everybody seems to be in pretty good shape. And so I think it’s changing. And I think this is a perfect example of it.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... c-is-over/
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden is WAY late to the game. The pandemic has been over for 7-8 months now..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:14 pm Biden: ‘The pandemic is over’

President Biden declared the coronavirus pandemic “over” in an interview that aired Sunday, pointing to the return of large events and the lack of masking and other public health measures in place nationwide.

“The pandemic is over,” Biden told “60 Minutes” from the Detroit auto show last Wednesday, the first time the even has been held since the onset of the pandemic in 2020.

“We still have a problem with COVID. We’re still doing a lotta work on it. It’s — but the pandemic is over. if you notice, no one’s wearing masks. Everybody seems to be in pretty good shape. And so I think it’s changing. And I think this is a perfect example of it.”

Well he did say that he wasn't going to shut down the economy, but he'd shut down the virus.

Way to go Joe!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Just checked on what the situation is with respect to case and death rates by State vs. Boosted rates by State since 7/15/2022. I had previously picked 7/15/2022 to look at because, as of 7/16/2022, >85% of cases were Omicron BA.5 and BA.4 cases. See https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... roportions.

So, anyway, if you just look at cases and deaths since 7/15/2022 (7/16 on), the negative correlation between State by State case rates and State by State Boosted rates is significant at >99.99 percent. Absolutely no reasonable doubt that States with higher rates of being in conformance with being up to date with vaccinations have had lower case rates since 7/15/2022.

The negative correlation between Boosted rates and death rates is not as clear cut. The confidence level associated with that is 89%. BUT, if you control for percent population >65, it becomes significant at 97%.

The anti vax stuff is just ridiculous. It is abundantly clear that States with higher rates of conforming with vaccination recommendations have generally fared better through the course of the pandemic and also through the course of the period during which Omicron in general and during which Omicron BA.4 an BA.5 in particular became dominant.

Continuing to argue against vaccination is not tenable. It's just not.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:22 pm Nothing to see here. Myocarditis ads for kids.

They're trying to normalize the side affect from the jab. Fuck these people and anyone pushing for forced vaccinations. True evil.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

So he's removing the vax requirement for federal employees or nah?

Clown world.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:01 pm

Clown world.
Probably not, but he's keeping his emergency powers AND keeping the gravy train rolling for the medical community. You'd think this was timed for elections or something.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:36 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:14 pm

No. What I'm saying is that there is no way one can infer cause and effect or even association (in a statistical sense) based on a single case. In looking more closely at the paper and one of the references it looks to me like varicella zoster virus reactivation is recognized as a possible rare side effect and what they did with their study is point out a possible reason for it.

I found an article that says that the mRNA vaccines themselves tend to stay near the injection site but I don't see anything saying that the spike proteins produced by the body's cells do that (https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/where ... roteins-go).
So what are your thoughts on the vaccine obviously not staying localized and also the expression of the vaccine mRNA strand...three months later?
it looks to me like they're not even completely sure they detected the spike protein. in any case they said that what they were dealing with was a very rare situation.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

it's not over. People have just become psychologically exhausted.

So are during 2022, there have been 227,078 COVID-19 deaths in the United States. The worst flu season among the last 10 in the United States is estimated to have resulted in 52,000 in 2017-2018.

Over the week ending yesterday, there was an average of 262.7 COVID-19 deaths per day in the United States. At that rate, there would be 95,891 deaths over a year. For perspective: There were 42,915 motor vehicle deaths in the United States in 2021.

Speaking of a number around 40,000: So far during 2022, there have been at least 44,957 COVID-19 deaths among people under 65 years old in the United States. We still have more than three months to go and it would be no surprise to see death counts rise as winter moves in.

People are just stupid. They act as though it's over and nothing is going on when it's clearly not over. This past weekend I had to go to a party where my wife's family did a birthday thing for her 90 year old uncle. it was held in a Parish (county in other States) that is classified as high risk. People shaking hands, hugging, no masks, just acting like nothing is going on. Just stupid.

But that's how it goes when you are dealing with the US population. A lot of dumbasses out there. And when you challenge their idiocy they get upset.
Could I ever be a star?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:54 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:36 pm

it looks to me like they're not even completely sure they detected the spike protein. in any case they said that what they were dealing with was a very rare situation.
They detected spike protein. That's what the stain was for. That's basic microbiology man!!

What part is rare? The vaccine not only leaving the deltoid and expressing S protein 3 months after injection, or the vaccine causing Herpes family type chancres (bacterial term).
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:28 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:01 pm

Clown world.
Probably not, but he's keeping his emergency powers AND keeping the gravy train rolling for the medical community. You'd think this was timed for elections or something.
Or to keep mail in ballots viable.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:29 pm
Winterborn wrote:This could go in a couple of spots but the reason I listened to it was due to COVID. So decided to put it here. Long listen but worth it.

Some takeaways:

So he kept his kAaron Rodgers persona buried?

He came across pretty reasonable in the clip. I have no idea what he is like on the field, as I do not watch the NFL, so can't comment on that portion of him.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:55 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:29 pm So he kept his kAaron Rodgers persona buried?

He came across pretty reasonable in the clip. I have no idea what he is like on the field, as I do not watch the NFL, so can't comment on that portion of him.
He didn't get vaccinated, was intentionally misleading about it, and then he whined and played the victim when it impacted his ability to play. He made the choice not to get vaccinated, he should have manned up and accepted the consequences. Instead kAaron the diva came out. He's a living, breathing example of the pussification of America. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:55 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:55 am

He didn't get vaccinated, was intentionally misleading about it, and then he whined and played the victim when it impacted his ability to play. He made the choice not to get vaccinated, he should have manned up and accepted the consequences. Instead kAaron the diva came out. He's a living, breathing example of the pussification of America. :coffee:
So you want to force someone who has an allergy to PEG to take a vaccine that contains PEG? A worthless shot for someone of Rodgers age and fitness levels as well.

The J&J shot had just been pulled due to blood clots, so he had no alternative.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:08 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:55 am
So you want to force someone who has an allergy to PEG to be forced to take a vaccine? The J&J shot, had just been pulled due to blood clots, so he had no alternative.
Where did I say that? I think he should be an adult, take responsibility, and accept the consequences of his decisions. His vaccination status impacted how soon he could play and that impacted his team. You can argue about the science but he knew that was a possibility when he chose not to get vaccinated. He could have taken responsibility, and made a case for why he didn't get the vaccine but accepted responsibility for the consequences to his team. Instead, he whined and played the victim.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:15 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:08 am

So you want to force someone who has an allergy to PEG to be forced to take a vaccine? The J&J shot, had just been pulled due to blood clots, so he had no alternative.
Where did I say that? I think he should be an adult, take responsibility, and accept the consequences of his decisions. His vaccination status impacted how soon he could play and that impacted his team. You can argue about the science but he knew that was a possibility when he chose not to get vaccinated. He could have taken responsibility, and made a case for why he didn't get the vaccine but accepted responsibility for the consequences to his team. Instead, he whined and played the victim.
He did take responsibility. He refused to take a vaccine that could have sent him into anaphylactic shock and then researched alternative methods. He was in a lose lose situation. He was dealing with those who used political science and flat out lies to convict him. You can damn well bet the NFL knew exactly of his status.

He stood tall and exposed the hypocrisy of what it was like to be treated like a second class citizen because he wouldn't take a vaccine that had more risk than reward. I know that feeling because I was almost let go from my company because I refused to take the vaccine.

You do know Denmark recently banned the shots for anyone under 50 don't you? That's quite a change from everyone needs it to save grandma to nobody under 50 really gets any benefit, so we refuse to give it to you.

You wanted him to act in good faith while not holding the NFL and medical establishment to the same standard.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:46 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:15 am
He did take responsibility. He refused to take a vaccine that could have sent him into anaphylactic shock and then researched alternative methods. He was in a lose lose situation. He was dealing with those who used political science and flat out lies to convict him. You can damn well bet the NFL knew exactly of his status.

He stood tall and exposed the hypocrisy of what it was like to be treated like a second class citizen because he wouldn't take a vaccine that had more risk than reward. I know that feeling because I was almost let go from my company because I refused to take the vaccine.

You do know Denmark recently banned the shots for anyone under 50 don't you? That's quite a change from everyone needs it to save grandma to nobody under 50 really gets any benefit, so we refuse to give it to you.

You wanted him to act in good faith while not holding the NFL and medical establishment to the same standard.
Defend and deflect for him all you want but he didn't take responsibility, he whined like a little b!tch.