Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:23 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:13 pm Omicron is in Minnesota, Thanks New York. Double mask and a shot of ivermectin should take care of it.
Dana White from the UFC got COVID and called Joe Rogan for his protocol. When Dana was being interviewed by Jim Rome, Rome asked him why and I thought his reply was brilliant. He stated that the medical field's advice is to go home for 10 days and quarantine. Dana White thought not trying to help yourself was not wise. He's also fully vaxxed.

On a separate Ivermectin note, a doctor has theorized why he thinks it's seeing such positive outcomes in India and Africa...because it's killing the parasites and thus improving their immunities. This is interesting because now doctors are admitting it has had a positive effect in those areas.
So you trust the tested ivermectin, which does have side-effects as does the vaccine, but you don't trust a tested vaccine? Where do you draw the line?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Dana White from the UFC got COVID and called Joe Rogan for his protocol. When Dana was being interviewed by Jim Rome, Rome asked him why and I thought his reply was brilliant. He stated that the medical field's advice is to go home for 10 days and quarantine. Dana White thought not trying to help yourself was not wise. He's also fully vaxxed.

On a separate Ivermectin note, a doctor has theorized why he thinks it's seeing such positive outcomes in India and Africa...because it's killing the parasites and thus improving their immunities. This is interesting because now doctors are admitting it has had a positive effect in those areas.
So you trust the tested ivermectin, which does have side-effects as does the vaccine, but you don't trust a tested vaccine? Where do you draw the line?
Politics.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ivermectin has side effects at the dosage recommended by doctors who have been treating COVID with it? First I've heard of that and I'm not sure you are correct.

That's why I don't care about either HCQ or Ivermectin being used as possible treatment. They both have great track records of usage and no known issues at recommended dosage that I'm aware of.

Even if you are wrong, it's not that I don't trust the vaccine, it's that I am at no risk and would rather catch Covid. I would rather have robust durable protection and keep building that with further exposure.

You remember the cruise ship Diamond Princess? 3711 people on board, quarantined for two weeks? Only 28% caught COVID and half of those showed no symptoms. There were case after case of one person in a room coming down with COVID and the rest tested negative. That means in a good portion of the population, Covid couldn't even infect them due to their current levels of immunity. You going to tell me cruise ships are filled with our finest physical specimens?

We already had a decent level of protection and still do. I'll get my Covid shot with my flu shot when I'm over 65. COVID is going after the same people that worry every cold and flu season, although a little deeper into the population. I'm not anywhere close to that group.

The French have developed an attenuated virus vaccine that I would take. Get the whole virus and not just the s protein, but would prefer to catch it, as to train the mucosal membrane as well as the other pathways skipped by vaccination. Keep wondering how I live in the original epicenter and still haven't caught it yet.

My main point is the vaccines are not going to result in zero Covid and end this pandemic, but they are being pushed as such. Plus I like pointing out the bullshit in the narrative. No immunity, asymptomatic spreaders, pandemic of the unvaccinated. They've all dropped to the wayside already.

On the flip side, there are PLENTY of people that overestimate their immunological health and should get the vaccine for safety's sake. We are a nation that is in very poor shape.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:19 pm

Ivermectin has side effects at the dosage recommended by doctors who have been treating COVID with it? First I've heard of that and I'm not sure you are correct.

That's why I don't care about either HCQ or Ivermectin being used as possible treatment. They both have great track records of usage and no known issues at recommended dosage that I'm aware of.

Even if you are wrong, it's not that I don't trust the vaccine, it's that I am at no risk and would rather catch Covid. I would rather have robust durable protection and keep building that with further exposure.

You remember the cruise ship Diamond Princess? 3711 people on board, quarantined for two weeks? Only 28% caught COVID and half of those showed no symptoms. There were case after case of one person in a room coming down with COVID and the rest tested negative. That means in a good portion of the population, Covid couldn't even infect them due to their current levels of immunity. You going to tell me cruise ships are filled with our finest physical specimens?

We already had a decent level of protection and still do. I'll get my Covid shot with my flu shot when I'm over 65. COVID is going after the same people that worry every cold and flu season, although a little deeper into the population. I'm not anywhere close to that group.

The French have developed an attenuated virus vaccine that I would take. Get the whole virus and not just the s protein, but would prefer to catch it, as to train the mucosal membrane as well as the other pathways skipped by vaccination. Keep wondering how I live in the original epicenter and still haven't caught it yet.

My main point is the vaccines are not going to result in zero Covid and end this pandemic, but they are being pushed as such. Plus I like pointing out the bullshit in the narrative. No immunity, asymptomatic spreaders, pandemic of the unvaccinated. They've all dropped to the wayside already.

On the flip side, there are PLENTY of people that overestimate their immunological health and should get the vaccine for safety's sake. We are a nation that is in very poor shape.
Trying to baffle people with BS is what I just read.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:37 pm

:lol: Im at no risk of dying from Covid and prefer to wait for the whole attenuated vaccine, and if given a choice, prefer to catch Covid.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:05 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:37 pm

:lol: Im at no risk of dying from Covid and prefer to wait for the whole attenuated vaccine, and if given a choice, prefer to catch Covid. Pretty easy. I prefer not to take vaccines that are not needed.
I have no problem with people making a choice. Pumping out political agenda as fact, not so much.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:10 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:05 pm

:lol: Im at no risk of dying from Covid and prefer to wait for the whole attenuated vaccine, and if given a choice, prefer to catch Covid. Pretty easy. I prefer not to take vaccines that are not needed.
I have no problem with people making a choice. Pumping out political agenda as fact, not so much.
Refute it then. Is this still a discussion board?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:12 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:10 pm

Refute it then. Is this still a discussion board?
It's just white static, like when Biden tries to speak.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:54 am
SDHornet wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:41 pm

The narrative was "go back to normal once vaxxed". Then the goalposts moved again...
What? You mean like we’re still learning about it? And that it mutates?

Shocker.

(The vaccine doesn’t “stop” transmission and effectiveness wains, but it lowers the rate…and the less infections, the less it spreads).
Yeah, you wrong, again. :coffee:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So Covidians still wanna lockdown or nah? :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:14 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:54 am

What? You mean like we’re still learning about it? And that it mutates?

Shocker.

(The vaccine doesn’t “stop” transmission and effectiveness wains, but it lowers the rate…and the less infections, the less it spreads).

So we’re not still learning about it, it doesn’t mutate, the vaccine does stop transmission, but it doesn’t lower rates of infections and spread?

Ok.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:54 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:14 pm

So we’re not still learning about it, it doesn’t mutate, the vaccine does stop transmission, but it doesn’t lower rates of infections and spread?

Ok.
How many times do you get to trot out the "we're still learning" to cover for bad policy? Next you'll use "it's the way science works" trope.

Fauci and group have been studying COVID for years and all of these protocols fly in the face of years of science and PLENTY have been saying this from the start, but have been censored.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:02 am

Ok.
How many times do you get to trot out the "we're still learning" to cover for bad policy? Next you'll use "it's the way science works" trope.

Fauci and group have been studying COVID for years and all of these protocols fly in the face of years of science and PLENTY have been saying this from the start, but have been censored.
Of course there’s bad policy. We’re still learning. Science needs to get its shit together and hurry the fuck up!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:09 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:26 am

So it's job as a de-wormer is making Indians and Africans healthier and therefore their bodies are able to fight?
That's the theory. While it doesn't lend to Ivermectin's ability to act as an antiviral, people are now admitting it has an effect. My point being that I find it interesting that Ivermectin was crapped on until a theory could explain away it's effectiveness as an antiviral. The data did not change, but now it's accepted as long as it doesn't feed the narrative that it was directly helping Covid.

So, scientists and providers should have been saying "we see the effectiveness, but it has not been through an antiviral mechanism we can isolate and thus more research is needed". But we didn't see that. We saw the vilification and firing of those providers that used the drug.

You know me by now. I'm big on the art of medicine and believe a provider should be allowed to use off label if they believe it will work, especially one that have such a strong safety profile. Hell, even if it was only a placebo effect, give it to someone for that benefit. Many people are scared shitless of Covid and hope can be a powerful and comforting factor.
Its effectiveness had a relationship to it's intended use i.e. clearing worms out of people. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:24 am

Of course there’s bad policy. We’re still learning. Science needs to get its shit together and hurry the fuck up!
:lol: :kisswink:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ok.

Do you know everything about parenting?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:51 am

You miss the point again.

If we "don't know", then why are opposing ideas being shut down for discussion? Especially when they are coming from prominent scientists with years of experience and research? How is that science? Beat the idea with proof, not censorship.

Here's Fauci on AIDS. Just looking at someone with AIDS will pass it on to you. You keep on believing the narrative Gil and I'll keep reading the research.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:01 am

If we "don't know", then why are opposing ideas being shut down for discussion? Especially when they are coming from prominent scientists with years of experience and research? How is that science? Beat the idea with proof, not censorship.

Here's Fauci on AIDS. Just looking at someone with AIDS will pass it on to you. You keep on believing the narrative Gil and I'll keep reading the research.

Do they know everything there is to know about Covid?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:01 am

How many prominent scientists? Have a list?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I think the main point is also that anti-vax people believe the vaccines purpose is to eradicate COVID even though that's never been the intention (at least not what I have believed). It's always been to slow the spread and reduce transmission.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

After having mandate for private employees, and mandate for health care workers, blocked by the courts, Biden has his mandate for fed contractors blocked by the courts.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgi ... ne-mandate
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:45 pm After having mandate for private employees, and mandate for health care workers, blocked by the courts, Biden has his mandate for fed contractors blocked by the courts.
This one covers me.

I've said it before. You get the Novavax vaccine (pre made spike protein) and the Valneva vaccine (inactivated whole virus) here and many more will take the vaccine.

Of course I'm still baffled why we haven't had any push for people to lose the weight and get healthier. Shit, even if you struggle losing the weight, get out walking. Get that cardiorespiratory working.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:49 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:45 pm After having mandate for private employees, and mandate for health care workers, blocked by the courts, Biden has his mandate for fed contractors blocked by the courts.
This one covers me.

I've said it before. You get the Novavax vaccine (pre made spike protein) and the Valneva vaccine (inactivated whole virus) here and many more will take the vaccine.

Of course I'm still baffled why we haven't had any push for people to lose the weight and get healthier. Shit, even if you struggle losing the weight, get out walking. Get that cardiorespiratory working.
So you're saying we could be getting an exercise mandate (you have to do 30 mins of cardio each day) and a weight-loss mandate (no one allowed to be obese by the BMI standards)? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

This one covers me.

As far as the commies went was controlling the size of sodas. :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:50 am

This one covers me.

So you're saying we could be getting an exercise mandate (you have to do 30 mins of cardio each day) and a weight-loss mandate (no one allowed to be obese by the BMI standards)? :coffee:
:lol: No. I simply meant more public messaging on the benefits, and more specifically, which comorbidities are the worst to have.
People are scared and this might be the impetus to finally get out there and do something for the betterment if their health. It's been two years now.