Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:18 am Holy crap. Don't know where I got 6 comorbidities per COVID death. Maybe that was the original data sets... picking off the low hanging fruit first.

Anywho. Latest CDC stats.

78.1% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 65.
94.7% of TOTAL DEATHS are over the age of 50.
6% of TOTAL DEATHS are attributed to Covid only.
94% of TOTAL DEATHS have an average of 2.9 co-morbidities (12/6/20).
Another reason why I'm not putting this shit in my kid. There is no data to support vaccinations in children. Absolutely none. :coffee:
This is why I don't give my grandkids popcorn or wheat products like bread, pizza crust and pasta, per FDA standards. ;)

1 or more rodent excreta pellets are found in 1 or more subsamples, and 1 or more rodent hairs are found in 2 or more other subsamples
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:55 pm

Another reason why I'm not putting this shit in my kid. There is no data to support vaccinations in children. Absolutely none. :coffee:
This is why I don't give my grandkids popcorn or wheat products like bread, pizza crust and pasta, per FDA standards. ;)

1 or more rodent excreta pellets are found in 1 or more subsamples, and 1 or more rodent hairs are found in 2 or more other subsamples
Good, now do the food pyramid and who pushed that nonsense. Lol
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

So what do you give your grandkids, granddad? Kale smoothees and arugula “surprises”?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Anecdote Alert!!

It seems that the COVID positive rates in my school district have leveled off. The first few weeks they were certainly increasing week over week but we're 5 weeks in and it looks to have leveled off a bit. Positive and Quarantine rates at my daughters elementary school have decreased.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:38 am Anecdote Alert!!

It seems that the COVID positive rates in my school district have leveled off. The first few weeks they were certainly increasing week over week but we're 5 weeks in and it looks to have leveled off a bit. Positive and Quarantine rates at my daughters elementary school have decreased.
:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Learned of the first break through case involving someone I know. Golfing buddy, J&J, just mild cold symptoms and loss of smell.

Admitted he let his guard down on social distancing. If we could get vaxxed but continue social distancing, and wear masks for awhile on a large scale, we might knock this back to manageable levels.

Rocket science.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:24 am

So what do you give your grandkids, granddad? Kale smoothees and arugula “surprises”?
Too much rodent hair and maggots allowed in those.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Good job Fox News! :clap:

:lol:
The vast majority of employees at Fox Corporation, the umbrella company for the conservative Fox News channel, are vaccinated against coronavirus and those who are not will be required to do daily testing, according to a memo sent out from bosses – despite some of its biggest screen stars questioning the vaccine.

A daily test is stricter than the Biden administration’s firm mandate that businesses with more than 100 employees must require either vaccination or weekly testing.

In the memo, which was sent out on Tuesday to Fox Corporation employees, Kevin Lord, the company’s executive vice-president, announced that more than 90% of the company’s full-time employees had been vaccinated, CNN first reported on Tuesday night.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/ ... ZCLQ0mCB2o
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

pureblood

Let's see if this has any legs. :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:33 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:50 pm This is what they do when they step off the mental plantation. The irony in this black on black hit is that the vaccine mandates will disproportionally impact communities of color...essentially ushering in a new "Jim Crow" era...
Don't care about two rich people's beef with each other, but to your point above, black and Latino communities are some of the highest vaccinated (76% and 71%, respectively):

https://www.theroot.com/poll-black-amer ... 1847554349

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-t ... s-n1277514

That said, unvaccinated people are breaking a system which was already stressed for communities of color due to factors beyond the pandemic (ie. lack of funding, lack of staff, poverty, etc.) so you're not wrong in that it's impacting them. But as a demographic, white rural conservatives are now the least vaccinated group in America and communities of color are at the higher end. Mandates aren't the big issue here.

The articles didn't address it, but Native Americans have the highest vaccination rate: https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... accination
Bumpity bump bump. :coffee:

Black folks not getting served over not showing/having a vax card. This is the America you want Trip, you fucking racist.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:10 am Learned of the first break through case involving someone I know. Golfing buddy, J&J, just mild cold symptoms and loss of smell.

Admitted he let his guard down on social distancing. If we could get vaxxed but continue social distancing, and wear masks for awhile on a large scale, we might knock this back to manageable levels.

Rocket science.
:lol: :dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:49 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:10 am Learned of the first break through case involving someone I know. Golfing buddy, J&J, just mild cold symptoms and loss of smell.

Rocket science.
It’s almost as if you enjoy pandemics and being wrong for years. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:48 pm
Guy yelling about segregation and then telling somebody else of color they need to get out of America. :rofl:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:25 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:49 pm

You can't get covid unless you are near a person with covid. The reason this pandemic sucks is the political drama queens on both sides are ignoring or spinning the facts to make fun of the other side.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:06 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:25 am

You can't get covid unless you are near a person with covid. The reason this pandemic sucks is the political drama queens on both sides are ignoring or spinning the facts to make fun of the other side.
The reason this pandemic sucks is that it’s a fucking pandemic. :mrgreen:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:22 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:06 am

They all suck, but the political drama queens don't make any better.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:26 am
kalm wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:22 am

They all suck, but the political drama queens don't make any better.
Agreed. The human reaction is was more difficult to accept than the threat of disease.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Beginning October 25, all King County residents ages 12 and over will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result to enter:

🔹 Outdoor events with 500 or more people
🔹 Indoor recreational events or establishments
🔹 Indoor bars/restaurants with capacity of 12 or more people

Learn more about the #VaxVerification policy at kingcounty.gov/verify.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:04 am
Beginning October 25, all King County residents ages 12 and over will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test result to enter:

🔹 Outdoor events with 500 or more people
🔹 Indoor recreational events or establishments
🔹 Indoor bars/restaurants with capacity of 12 or more people

Learn more about the #VaxVerification policy at kingcounty.gov/verify.
I am absolutely SHOCKED that communist King County would be among the first in the country to require papers. Shocked, I tell you. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Right-wing activist Laura Loomer confirmed this week she has COVID-19 and the symptoms have been “brutal.” In the past, she expressed an interest in contracting the virus so she could prove it’s no worse than food poisoning.

“Just pray for me please,” she wrote on Gettr, a social media platform launched by Jason Miller, a former spokesperson for Donald Trump. “Can’t even begin to explain how brutal the body aches and nausea that come with covid are. I am in so much pain. This is honestly the worst part about it.”

Last year, Loomer said she wanted to “get COVID” just to prove she’d had “bouts of food poisoning that are more serious and life threatening than a hyped up virus.”
https://www.thewrap.com/laura-loomer-covid-19/

:lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Had to look her up. She seems about as bright as AOC.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

The people telling you to be scared of Covid aren't scared of Covid.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:38 pm
CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:45 pm
No. But Covid may not have killed them without the HD or O. I'm just wondering if they are counted in both columns in this case. Seems like it should. It probably took two to tango in many cases.
Not sure if you noticed the stats I posted showing 6% of deaths can be attributed solely to Covid. All others had contributing factors.
I cannot believe that piece of misleading information is still going around. I ask you to watch/listen to the video below to see what's going on explained. Again: I can't believe people are still using that "6%" thing. A for instance: If the death certificate lists COVID-19 but also lists "Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome," that's not going to be in that 6%. But COVID-19 CAUSES Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome.

Bottom line is that when you see that there are (according to WorldoMeters) there have been 689,971 deaths related to COVID-19, about 689,971 people died when they otherwise would not have if they had not gotten COVID-19. This thing of saying that there are REALLY only about 689,971 x 6% = 41,398 COVID-19 deaths because of that thing where only 6% of death certificates had only COVID-19 listed reflects a total misunderstanding of what the death certificate data mean.

Listen to the guy:

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:57 pm Bottom line is that when you see that there are (according to WorldoMeters) there have been 689,971 deaths related to COVID-19, about 689,971 people died when they otherwise would not have if they had not gotten COVID-19.
See. You complain about misleading facts and then post hyperbole. Shame on you John.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:59 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:57 pm Bottom line is that when you see that there are (according to WorldoMeters) there have been 689,971 deaths related to COVID-19, about 689,971 people died when they otherwise would not have if they had not gotten COVID-19.
See. You complain about misleading facts and then post hyperbole. Shame on you John.
Not hyperbole at all. It's the truth. And your comment reflects a problem with our culture right now. For some reason there are many people who want to deny the truth about the severity of the situation.

In fact, the Worldometers death total understates the true total because it is a count and not all COVID-19 related deaths have been counted. As of now, the CDC estimates that there have actually been about 767,000 COVID-19 related deaths in the United States.

I just don't know why people want to lie to themselves about this thing. There is no benefit in that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came