Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

Natalie Wester and her husband wore masks inside a Texas restaurant to protect their newborn son who has cystic fibrosis — so the owner kicked them out.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:14 pm Natalie Wester and her husband wore masks inside a Texas restaurant to protect their newborn son who has cystic fibrosis — so the owner kicked them out.
Too many people have no sense of civic duty or belonging to a community anymore. Something something freedom.

But those same people claim "my body, my choice" when they really mean "your body, my choice."
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:37 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:14 pm Natalie Wester and her husband wore masks inside a Texas restaurant to protect their newborn son who has cystic fibrosis — so the owner kicked them out.
Too many people have no sense of civic duty or belonging to a community anymore. Something something freedom.

But those same people claim "my body, my choice" when they really mean "your body, my choice."
But it's cool for businesses to require masks? Something something nazi's.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:37 pm

People have a right to protect themselves. People don't have a right to be a risk to others.

So yes, businesses can require masks.

And the Nazi comparison is beneath you.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Nice liberal tactic you are using there Mabel. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Well, if businesses can REQUIRE masks, they can require NO masks.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:00 pm

Nice liberal tactic you are using there Mabel. :lol:
I play by their rules.

They hate that. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:52 pm

People have a right to protect themselves. People don't have a right to be a risk to others.

So yes, businesses can require masks.

And the Nazi comparison is beneath you.
So then driving should be banned....something something if it saves just one life.

Fucking amateur hour up in this bitch tonight. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:03 pm
My point exactly. :coffee:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

If a law mandates it, then no. Society has a duty to protect itself.

But to your point, I don't disagree but there is a fundamental reason why there's a difference.

Someone wearing a mask literally affects no one, as was the case with the couple Gil Dobie cited. Their bodily autonomy infringes on no one else's bodily autonomy. Consequences for wearing a mask are inappropriate.

With the case of anti-maskers, during a global health crisis, their bodily autonomy to not wear a mask can have an effect on other people's bodily autonomy. Consequences for not wearing a mask are appropriate.

This is the main difference.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 pm

If a law mandates it, then no.

But to your point, I don't disagree but there is a fundamental difference in why there's a difference.

Someone wearing a mask literally affects no one, as was the case with the couple Gil Dobie cited. Their bodily autonomy infringes on no one else's bodily autonomy. Their choice risks no one. Consequences for wearing a mask are inappropriate.

With the case of anti-maskers, during a global health crisis, their bodily autonomy to not wear a mask and go in areas where masks are mandated can have an effect on other people's bodily autonomy. Consequences for not wearing a mask are appropriate.

Who cares, a private business can do what it wants so long it's within the law...assuming laws aren't malleable in this case...and if they are malleable, then homeslice can do whatever the fuck he wants in his business establishment with regards to masks, no?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Sure they can act like a 5 year old like Trump does. I'll bet they voted for Trump.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

But to your point, I don't disagree but there is a fundamental reason why there's a difference.

Someone wearing a mask literally affects no one, as was the case with the couple Gil Dobie cited. Their bodily autonomy infringes on no one else's bodily autonomy. Consequences for wearing a mask are inappropriate.

With the case of anti-maskers, during a global health crisis, their bodily autonomy to not wear a mask and go in areas where masks are mandated can have an effect on other people's bodily autonomy. Consequences for not wearing a mask are appropriate.

Laws and mandates are malleable, so who gives a fuck?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:00 pm Bill Burr is a national treasure. 5:02 to 8:36 is gold:

I love Bill Burr - although he's far funnier when he uses profanity. Listening to that clip felt so restrained.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

He can do it if the law permits (which it does in this case), but his reasons don't make sense.

Hopefully the business fails.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:21 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:00 pm Bill Burr is a national treasure. 5:02 to 8:36 is gold:

I love Bill Burr - although he's far funnier when he uses profanity. Listening to that clip felt so restrained.
For sure, but it was national television so he was definitely limited.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:25 pm He can do it if the law permits (which it does in this case), but his reasons don't make sense.

Laws are malleable, so again, who gives a fuck?

And good on you for being a good little neo-Marxist for wishing ill on those who don't align with your ideals.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:25 pm He can do it if the law permits (which it does in this case), but his reasons don't make sense.

And good on you for being a good little neo-Marxist for wishing ill on those who don't align with your ideals.
That’s how they roll

Rules and laws can be ignored... except for the ones our commissars enact (for the greater good)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:29 pm

He can do whatever he wants. The rest of society can use or ignore the law however it wants as well.

You also don't understand neo-marxism but that's ok. Just know that not supporting a product/person because of XYZ is very much a capitalism thing. Capitalism is basically the ultimate cancel culture.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:44 pm

He can do whatever he wants. The rest of society can use or ignore the law however it wants as well.

You also don't understand neo-marxism but that's ok. Just know that not supporting a product/person because of XYZ is very much a capitalism thing. Capitalism is basically the ultimate cancel culture.
You're the dumbass that said laws are malleable. Now you are bitching about something as useless as a mask mandate, or lack thereof, in a private business. I'm just here calling out your bullshit and enjoying your mental gymnastics. :popcorn:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:40 pm
SDHornet wrote:

That’s how they roll

Rules and laws can be ignored... except for the ones our commissars enact (for the greater good)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But it's so fun watching them try and explain which laws are important and should be followed. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

With the case of anti-maskers, during a global health crisis, their bodily autonomy to not wear a mask can have an effect on other people's bodily autonomy. Consequences for not wearing a mask are appropriate.

Well, I disagree. The owner clearly said he felt it was a political statement for them to wear a mask where masks were prohibited. So….no masks! Kind of like “no shirt no shoes no service”….”masks? No service…”
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

If Trip is a neo-Marxist for wishing ill on a business that says no masks is BDKaren a neo-Nazi for wishing ill on businesses that require masks?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Being healthy certainly helps but even that is not a guarantee…
POST FALLS, ID - "Go now. Don't hesitate, do it. This disease, this virus has really shown that no one is safe, not the healthiest of people. It doesn't matter, Tamara Brining said.

The COVID-19 pandemic has hurt so many in our community. Hospitalizations at a record high, beds are filling up every day, but for many getting sick from the virus seems far-fetched. But it happens to even the most unlikely people.

It's a situation no one wants to be in. Tamara Brining was in peak shape, a fighter who even won a triathlon with her husband, and now she's in a different kind of fight... against a virus.

Winning a triathlon is a feat many athletes never achieve but on August 8th Tamara Brining and her husband did the unthinkable.

"Everything was great, we felt good, and everything was fine," she said.

And then the unthinkable happened to her.

"The 13th of august, it was like, I just felt a little tickle in my throat. And I was like, okay, you know, something, whatever. It's Friday, and I've got the weekend, and probably nothing. And then the next day came the fever, and then a fever, and then the fever, and then more fever. And eight days later, I couldn't break the fever," she said.

She went to the hospital, got fluids and went home.

"I thought I could make it and then that night just went downhill," she said.

Just one week after winning a triathlon, Tamara was struggling to breathe as COVID wreaked havoc on her lungs.

"I went to the ICU. So, I was there for four days," she said. "I couldn't even walk to the bathroom by myself. I couldn't walk five feet by myself."
https://www.khq.com/news/woman-contract ... D0y1hkQs5k
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:37 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 am Just had my endoscopy scheduled for next week postponed due to crisis of care conditions in N. Alabama, lower vaccine rates in E. WA, and over flow.

Not life threatening but it would be nice to have my varisces checked in case any are ready to pop and need banding.
This works great at plugging up small holes in circulatory systems.

See? That’s why I like you WB. You’re helpful problem solver and you care!

And I buy most of my medical supplies from the feed and tack these days anyway, so this fits perfectly!