SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:30 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Those people can stop working, kinda like how the service industry and 40+M people across the nation had to do when the shutdown went into effect.
Going to be a lot of stuff closing again, coming soon to a state near you.
Or just not reopening. I'm hearing a lot of schools going with 2 shifts to split kids up during the week to prevent/minimize the spread. So is one parent just going to have to find a part time job instead, or not work to stay at home when the kid is "learning from home"?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:28 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Fuck that shit, Gil. So what did you get?
Minneapolis Lakers stuff, Slater Martin and Bob Leonard signed photos, Pfieffer Beer Lakers team photo, and a 1938 Minnesota vs Wisconsin football program.
Good haul! The ghost of George Mikan is smiling on you.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I had my monthly Zoom meetup with the El Cid Class of 90 on Friday.

We have a classmate who cane down with COVID and he went from healthy and upright to on his back in ICU in about 3 days.

He’s “recovering” now, but his lungs are wrecked, most of the damage is permanent, and they can’t get his O2 saturation rate back up to normal.

He’s having tests to determine the damage to his other organs.

Wife’s cousin had it, and she’s still wrestling with symptoms for 3 months now.

Both of them did everything - distancing, masks, etc. Which shows that even with precautions you can snag this thing.

You do NOT want to catch this virus, but it looks like eventually we all will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Twitter so take it FWIW.

interesting thread on Icelandic study on transmission by kids to parents.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:41 pm I had my monthly Zoom meetup with the El Cid Class of 90 on Friday.

We have a classmate who cane down with COVID and he went from healthy and upright to on his back in ICU in about 3 days.

He’s “recovering” now, but his lungs are wrecked, most of the damage is permanent, and they can’t get his O2 saturation rate back up to normal.

Both of them did everything - distancing, masks, etc. Which shows that even with precautions you can snag this thing.

It's weird how the virus affects people differently. Talked to my neighbors today. Both in their 80s and had it. Never had a fever. Tired and no appetite. Their daughter also had it. She could hardly get out of bed and go to the bathroom and had difficulty breathing.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:37 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:41 pm I had my monthly Zoom meetup with the El Cid Class of 90 on Friday.

It's weird how the virus affects people differently. Talked to my neighbors today. Both in their 80s and had it. Never had a fever. Tired and no appetite. Their daughter also had it. She could hardly get out of bed and go to the bathroom and had difficulty breathing.
So the daughter was in her 50s? Any pre existing conditions?

Its seems to be no big deal to the overwhelming majority of younger folks, but the risk issues and the CFR starts going up with age and pre existing conditions starting in the 40s..
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ographics/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:41 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:37 pm

Its seems to be no big deal to the overwhelming majority of younger folks, but the risk issues and the CFR starts going up with age and pre existing conditions starting in the 40s..
Daughter in her 50s. No pre-existing conditions. Relatively healthy person, not overweight.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:53 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:41 pm

Daughter in her 50s. No pre-existing conditions. Relatively healthy person, not overweight.
Hearing a lot of younger people getting hospitalized. They are young and survive but take up ICU space just the same.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

My 32 year-old friend got it; she's probably one of the fittest people I know (long-distance bicyclist and Solidcore trainer). Her symptoms weren't bad and she wasn't hospitalized, but a few weeks after testing negative she can barely exercise as she's out-of-breath quickly.

Hopefully it's not permanent.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Some good news at the end of this update...Things will get better. It’s just a matter of how soon we will let them...

Eventually the crest occurs. Either the state finally gets tough or even people in denial start to get scared.

But even here 20% of the public— young & invincible, “essential” workers (essential to serve others that is) keep the virus circulating. 7/
These people: some by choice. Others forced to— are the reason cases decline slowly on the backend. It’s why we dropped to 20,000 instead of 0. Alone in the world.

Then 1 of 2 things happen. The gov either has religion & plays it cautiously like Murphy/Cuomo/Lamont. Or...8/
Or a series of factors caused them to rush the re-opening.
-Eagerness for economic activity/jobs
-Pressure from Trump to drive up job numbers
-Mistaken belief that the worst is over. They have it licked.

In this scenario, hot spots will spread cases fast 9/
Indeed today in these states, deaths have started to climb. Cases are flattening— but only because testing is grinding to a halt.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1282 ... 73922.html
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 pm Twitter so take it FWIW.

CA has zero deaths under the age of 18. Zero.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:14 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 pm Twitter so take it FWIW.

CA has zero deaths under the age of 18. Zero.
I can believe that. Mostly that age group would be spreaders.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I have a question for you people that support single-payer health care:

Do you think systemic problems with the health care system (that won't be fixed by anything on Biden/Donk presidential platform) have made the pandemic worse?

And...

Do you think the elite media going after Trump in lieu of talking about these issues just demonstrates how they are water carriers for Biden and donks instead of objective info suppliers? :nod:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:28 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:53 pm

Hearing a lot of younger people getting hospitalized. They are young and survive but take up ICU space just the same.
How many out of hundreds of thousands that have tested postive? If a few hundred or few thousand "younger people" have been hospitalized, the media will say that's a lot, but that's a TINY amount..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The msm keeps harping on Florida being bad. Yet yesterday Florida, with a population over 21 million, half of them Q-tips, according to Worl-o-meter, 15,300 Chinese virus cases, 45 deaths. That's nothing for a population that large. NY State, with 19 million+ population (and not nearly as many elderly), was over 1k Chinese Virus deaths a day at the peak. So why the media fearmongering over Florida?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:06 pm Some good news at the end of this update...Things will get better. It’s just a matter of how soon we will let them...

Eventually the crest occurs. Either the state finally gets tough or even people in denial start to get scared.

But even here 20% of the public— young & invincible, “essential” workers (essential to serve others that is) keep the virus circulating. 7/
These people: some by choice. Others forced to— are the reason cases decline slowly on the backend. It’s why we dropped to 20,000 instead of 0. Alone in the world.

Then 1 of 2 things happen. The gov either has religion & plays it cautiously like Murphy/Cuomo/Lamont. Or...8/
Or a series of factors caused them to rush the re-opening.
-Eagerness for economic activity/jobs
-Pressure from Trump to drive up job numbers
-Mistaken belief that the worst is over. They have it licked.

In this scenario, hot spots will spread cases fast 9/
Indeed today in these states, deaths have started to climb. Cases are flattening— but only because testing is grinding to a halt.
He lists Cuomo as governor who "played it cautiously"? Welp. There goes his credibility. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:25 am The msm keeps harping on Florida being bad. Yet yesterday Florida, with a population over 21 million, half of them Q-tips, according to Worl-o-meter, 15,300 Chinese virus cases, 45 deaths. That's nothing for a population that large. NY State, with 19 million+ population (and not nearly as many elderly), was over 1k Chinese Virus deaths a day at the peak. So why the media fearmongering over Florida?
I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:34 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:06 pm Some good news at the end of this update...Things will get better. It’s just a matter of how soon we will let them...

He lists Cuomo as governor who "played it cautiously"? Welp. There goes his credibility. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
After “he has religion”.

Try and keep up...
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:25 am The msm keeps harping on Florida being bad. Yet yesterday Florida, with a population over 21 million, half of them Q-tips, according to Worl-o-meter, 15,300 Chinese virus cases, 45 deaths. That's nothing for a population that large. NY State, with 19 million+ population (and not nearly as many elderly), was over 1k Chinese Virus deaths a day at the peak. So why the media fearmongering over Florida?
My sisters hospital in Florida was 35% busier that other years in July. It's a couple week lag before you start seeing deaths. Covid patients are in the hopital that long or longer.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:55 am
My sisters hospital in Florida was 35% busier that other years in July. It's a couple week lag before you start seeing deaths. Covid patients are in the hopital that long or longer.
Cases in FL have been going up for a month. Deaths aren't..
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:04 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:55 am

Cases in FL have been going up for a month. Deaths aren't..
July 9th, 10th and 11th, were the highest number of reported deaths each day, since Covid hit Florida, 119, 93, 95. The highest number in a day prior to that was 83, back on April 29th.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Heart and lung damage seem to the norm. Everyone is focusing on the death rate, and while important, I don't see much ink spilled about how those that have survived are recovering.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I find it curious that instead of calling the virus by its name, you choose a racial moniker. :coffee:

Death rate is important, but what effects are the survivors dealing with?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
I find it curious that instead of calling the virus by its name, you choose a racial moniker. :coffee:

Death rate is important, but what effects are the survivors dealing with?
I’m cool with reminding people about the origins of this virus and the official lies that allowed it to jump the fence

I’d call it the Chinese Communist Party Virus but that’s too much of a mouthful

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:50 am

Heart and lung damage seem to the norm. Everyone is focusing on the death rate, and while important, I don't see much ink spilled about how those that have survived are recovering.
It's typical for reporting these days - headline grabbers are it, anything in depth or with rigor just isn't done. You hear some anecdotal stories that some people have complications after recovering, but there's certainly nothing that is authoritative right now. I get that the medical folks don't know it all yet, but at least better journalism could be telling the story right now.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation