UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:29 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:13 pm
Odd enough, I'm not a big country fan, but the stuff from Swift that I like the most is the stuff when she was just starting out and was more country.

I agree with the Beach Boys. And I think that's the difference between the Beatles and the other ones we're talking about - the Beatles just did a lot more, and much more wide ranging (was going to say eclectic but not quite the right word) than the other ones did. All these bands and artists did great works, I just think the Beatles were more varied in how they did it.
So what Taylor Swift song should I listen too? (So I can quickly dismiss her as a musical fraud 😂)
You're dismissing Taylor Swift will have as much impact as my dismissing the Beatles so have at it.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:26 am

So what Taylor Swift song should I listen too? (So I can quickly dismiss her as a musical fraud 😂)
You're dismissing Taylor Swift will have as much impact as my dismissing the Beatles so have at it.
I haven’t dismissed her yet, I recognize that an artist as popular as her must have something going on. I should probably try to listen to a few of her songs but hearing is a problem for me now
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:56 am

I haven’t dismissed her yet, I recognize that an artist as popular as her must have something going on. I should probably try to listen to a few of her songs but hearing is a problem for me now
:thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

While recognizing the talent and potential impact, I’ll lump Tswift in with Michael Jackson, Madonna, and…Beyoncé.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:37 am
houndawg wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:59 pm

I'll take Little Feat, Mothers of Invention, and The Band over all of them
I need to listen to Little Feat and the Band more. I also need to check out Mothers of Invention.

If we’re broadening the discussion, give me Floyd and Bowie all day and everyday.

Love Pink Floyd up to DSOTM, after that they lost something. Meddle was their high-water mark for me
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:05 am
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:37 am

I need to listen to Little Feat and the Band more. I also need to check out Mothers of Invention.

If we’re broadening the discussion, give me Floyd and Bowie all day and everyday.

Love Pink Floyd up to DSOTM, after that they lost something. Meddle was their high-water mark for me
Meddle is underrated. Fearless is one of my all time favorite songs.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:00 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:05 am

Meddle is underrated. Fearless is one of my all time favorite songs.

:notworthy:

When I saw them in '75 their encore was 45 minutes of Echoes
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:52 pm

While recognizing the talent and potential impact, I’ll lump Tswift in with Michael Jackson, Madonna, and…Beyoncé.

This is probably the best post Kalm has made on here
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:59 pm Image
Good move but nobody wants to serve their country anymore

It’s to tough and besides, the enabling price of shit Joey Rotten will take care of my lazy pathetic ass while the US swirls counter clockwise right down the toilet
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:15 am

It’s to tough and besides, the enabling price of shit Joey Rotten will take care of my lazy pathetic ass while the US swirls counter clockwise right down the toilet
Long story short. I had planned on paying for my kids college, but then our special needs son was born and unfortunately we need that money to build a fund for his life long care.

Anyway, my oldest and I had been talking about him joining the military to pay for school. That mandate was a huge no go.

I agree with you on nobody wanting to serve though.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:43 am

Long story short. I had planned on paying for my kids college, but then our special needs son was born and unfortunately we need that money to build a fund for his life long care.

Anyway, my oldest and I had been talking about him joining the military to pay for school. That mandate was a huge no go.

Why was it a no go?

I don’t necessarily disagree with you but just curious
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Close....nobody wants to serve when times are good and jobs plentiful
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

:crybaby:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:40 pm

[/quote
No it’s different now, joining the military is so yesterday now. More and more kids hate America today and why is that?

First of all, with Biden’s inflation, things aren’t really that good. More kids living in basement is good?
College costs sky rocketing? Not that it matters when Joey will pay it for you

Post COVID spoiled rotten is good?

No things really aren’t going that great despite what lying Jojo and his disciples spew
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:32 pm

Why was it a no go?

More harm than good in that age group to force the vaccine on them.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Could be. My choices were limited, so I went that route.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:03 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:32 pm

Why was it a no go?

More harm than good in that age group to force the vaccine on them.
Ok 👍🏻

I remember when mandated vaccines were for things that killed you.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:50 pm

No it’s different now, joining the military is so yesterday now. More and more kids hate America today and why is that?

First of all, with Biden’s inflation, things aren’t really that good. More kids living in basement is good?
College costs sky rocketing? Not that it matters when Joey will pay it for you

Post COVID spoiled rotten is good?

No things really aren’t going that great despite what lying Jojo and his disciples spew

not good, not bad, about the same as always around these parts..... if the economy really were that bad the Republicans would be focusing on that instead of the Presidents kids. :coffee:
Last edited by houndawg on Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Quick, sign back up so you can go die in a foreign war for a general with pronouns in the signature. :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:08 pm
Quick, sign back up so you can go die in a foreign war for a general with pronouns in the signature. :lol:
Better red than dead! :thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:49 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:23 pm

I don't know when the guy was being videoed when he talked about the number of deaths per day. But as I type the Worldometers data indicate that there were 2,270 USA deaths during the past 7 days and 3,195 during the 7 day period before that. The daily averages for those two periods would be 324 and 456.
As to all your other postings. Everyone understands the vaccines are blameless in this discussion. What everyone is upset over is the constant changing of facts by the CDC and subsequent vaccine mandate that has proven to be ineffective. When people criticize, it's directed at the people who got up on their high horse, only to be shown they really didn't know what they were talking about, in addition to the outright data crimes committed.

Our difference is you believe in zero Covid if we simply would have done x and then it's followed by a change of if we would only do y. A never ending moving of the goalposts.

Me, I have been saying from the start that you cannot vaccinate your way out of a pandemic with a leaky vaccine. Praise be to God the virus has tamed down, because a large majority of the population had their immunity imprinted with the original version and you now see Omicron tearing through that population.

Now we wait and see the long term effects of methylpseudouridine and a G rich mRNA strand that was supposed to immediately be removed, but has been shown to linger for up to, and possibly longer, than 60 days
August of 2022 I pointed out methylpseudouridine.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-023-06800-3

The study shows the methylpseudouridine causes a +1 frame shift during translation of mRNA. In layman's terms, the mRNA didn't make the spike protein 25% of the time. It made a different protein and they have no clue if it pissed your body off or not.

This never crossed my mind. My claim of not wanting to take a vaccine that used methylpseudouridine came from:
1 Manipulating a very important information system in your body.
2 Changing mRNA into modRNA (modified). Not using what the system was familiar with. We always seem to believe we can create better than nature.
3 The modRNA not being able to be degraded quickly.

There's a reason mRNA is degraded immediately after initial usage. Regulation of the process.

Nobody at this point knows if it's a problem, but it's also something you don't need either. I think everyone pretty much understands my stance. The body is pretty resilient and can handle a shit ton, but don't make it's job harder by adding insults.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:34 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:49 am

As to all your other postings. Everyone understands the vaccines are blameless in this discussion. What everyone is upset over is the constant changing of facts by the CDC and subsequent vaccine mandate that has proven to be ineffective. When people criticize, it's directed at the people who got up on their high horse, only to be shown they really didn't know what they were talking about, in addition to the outright data crimes committed.

Our difference is you believe in zero Covid if we simply would have done x and then it's followed by a change of if we would only do y. A never ending moving of the goalposts.

Me, I have been saying from the start that you cannot vaccinate your way out of a pandemic with a leaky vaccine. Praise be to God the virus has tamed down, because a large majority of the population had their immunity imprinted with the original version and you now see Omicron tearing through that population.

Now we wait and see the long term effects of methylpseudouridine and a G rich mRNA strand that was supposed to immediately be removed, but has been shown to linger for up to, and possibly longer, than 60 days
August of 2022 I pointed out methylpseudouridine.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-023-06800-3

The study shows the methylpseudouridine causes a +1 frame shift during translation of mRNA. In layman's terms, the mRNA didn't make the spike protein 25% of the time. It made a different protein and they have no clue if it pissed your body off or not.

This never crossed my mind. My claim of not wanting to take a vaccine that used methylpseudouridine came from:
1 Manipulating a very important information system in your body.
2 Changing mRNA into modRNA (modified). Not using what the system was familiar with. We always seem to believe we can create better than nature.
3 The modRNA not being able to be degraded quickly.

There's a reason mRNA is degraded immediately after initial usage. Regulation of the process.

Nobody at this point knows if it's a problem, but it's also something you don't need either. I think everyone pretty much understands my stance. The body is pretty resilient and can handle a shit ton, but don't make it's job harder by adding insults.
+ 1
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:09 am
kalm wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:52 pm
We're way beyond "potential" impact.

We Should All Give Thanks for Taylor Swift
Her tour has broken attendance and income records across the country. She has transformed the economy of every city she visits. The U.S. Travel Association reported this fall that what her concertgoers spend in and around each venue “is on par with the Super Bowl, but this time it happened on 53 different nights in 20 different locations over the course of five months.” Downtowns across the country—uniquely battered by the pandemic and the riots and demonstrations of 2020—are, while she is there, brought to life, with an influx of visitors and a local small business boom. Wherever she went it was like the past three years didn’t happen.

When Ms. Swift played Los Angeles for six sold-out nights in August she brought a reported $320 million local windfall with her, including 3,300 jobs and a $160 million increase in local earnings. From Straits Research this month: Ms. Swift’s tour is “an economic phenomenon that is totally altering the rules of entertainment economics.”

When the tour became a bona fide record-breaker Ms. Swift gave everyone in her crew—everyone, the dressers, the guys who move the sets, the sound techs and backup dancers—a combined $55 million in bonuses. The truck drivers received a reported $100,000 each.

Bloomberg Economics reports U.S. gross domestic product went up an estimated $4.3 billion as a result of her first 53 concerts.

The tour made her a billionaire, according to Forbes the first musician ever to make that rank solely based on her songs and performances.

When Ms. Swift made a film of the ongoing tour she reinvented how such things are financed and marketed, upending previous models, and when the film opened, on Oct. 13, it became the most successful concert film in history.

Foreign leaders have begged her to come. One said, “Thailand is back on track to be fully democratic after you had to cancel last time due to the coup.”
People meaning to compliment her ask if she’s Elvis or the Beatles, but it is the wrong question. Taylor Swift is her own category.
The relevant question isn't whether Swift is in the same league as the Beatles, it's whether the Beatles are in the same league as Swift.

You old man Beatles fans can yell at the clouds all you want but there is no denying Swift's impact on the world.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:59 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:09 am

We're way beyond "potential" impact.

We Should All Give Thanks for Taylor Swift
Her tour has broken attendance and income records across the country. She has transformed the economy of every city she visits. The U.S. Travel Association reported this fall that what her concertgoers spend in and around each venue “is on par with the Super Bowl, but this time it happened on 53 different nights in 20 different locations over the course of five months.” Downtowns across the country—uniquely battered by the pandemic and the riots and demonstrations of 2020—are, while she is there, brought to life, with an influx of visitors and a local small business boom. Wherever she went it was like the past three years didn’t happen.

When Ms. Swift played Los Angeles for six sold-out nights in August she brought a reported $320 million local windfall with her, including 3,300 jobs and a $160 million increase in local earnings. From Straits Research this month: Ms. Swift’s tour is “an economic phenomenon that is totally altering the rules of entertainment economics.”

When the tour became a bona fide record-breaker Ms. Swift gave everyone in her crew—everyone, the dressers, the guys who move the sets, the sound techs and backup dancers—a combined $55 million in bonuses. The truck drivers received a reported $100,000 each.

Bloomberg Economics reports U.S. gross domestic product went up an estimated $4.3 billion as a result of her first 53 concerts.

The tour made her a billionaire, according to Forbes the first musician ever to make that rank solely based on her songs and performances.

When Ms. Swift made a film of the ongoing tour she reinvented how such things are financed and marketed, upending previous models, and when the film opened, on Oct. 13, it became the most successful concert film in history.

Foreign leaders have begged her to come. One said, “Thailand is back on track to be fully democratic after you had to cancel last time due to the coup.”
People meaning to compliment her ask if she’s Elvis or the Beatles, but it is the wrong question. Taylor Swift is her own category.
The relevant question isn't whether Swift is in the same league as the Beatles, it's whether the Beatles are in the same league as Swift.

You old man Beatles fans can yell at the clouds all you want but there is no denying Swift's impact on the world.
Well she’s got good taste and recognizes a legend when she sees one

“Taylor Idolized Paul McCartney Growing Up And First Met Him After One Of His Concerts. Swift has been influenced by a number of artists across all genres of music. Earlier in her career, she would talk about McCartney's influence on her in an interview with Country Music Channel.Aug 2, 2023