HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by HI54UNI »

More do as I say not as a I do from the witch in Michigan

Governor Gretchen Whitmer Reportedly Borrowed A Private Jet For Secret Florida Trip During Lockdown

A spokesman for Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer confirmed in April that Whitmer flew to Florida while instructing Michiganders to stay home while under COVID-19 lockdown orders. Now, a new report indicates Whitmer contacted wealthy Detroit businessmen to lend a private plane.

Spokesman Bobby Leddy said the governor traveled on three occasions to Florida to visit her elderly father. The governor’s office claimed taxpayer money was not used for travel. Deadline Detroit reports Whitmer avoided a private plane fee in the range of $10,000 to $20,000 by asking billionaires to provide a charter. The jet she took would have allegedly ran her a fee of $40,000, an estimated 25 percent of Whitmer’s salary before taxes.

“We wondered why she reached out to us instead of booking a private charter,” one of the owners of the plane said. “You can’t tell a governor no. Who needs that kind of trouble?”

https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/06/go ... -lockdown/
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:36 am More do as I say not as a I do from the witch in Michigan

Governor Gretchen Whitmer Reportedly Borrowed A Private Jet For Secret Florida Trip During Lockdown

A spokesman for Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer confirmed in April that Whitmer flew to Florida while instructing Michiganders to stay home while under COVID-19 lockdown orders. Now, a new report indicates Whitmer contacted wealthy Detroit businessmen to lend a private plane.

Spokesman Bobby Leddy said the governor traveled on three occasions to Florida to visit her elderly father. The governor’s office claimed taxpayer money was not used for travel. Deadline Detroit reports Whitmer avoided a private plane fee in the range of $10,000 to $20,000 by asking billionaires to provide a charter. The jet she took would have allegedly ran her a fee of $40,000, an estimated 25 percent of Whitmer’s salary before taxes.

“We wondered why she reached out to us instead of booking a private charter,” one of the owners of the plane said. “You can’t tell a governor no. Who needs that kind of trouble?”

Hypocrite.

It's also a "favor" with a clear financial value and should be treated as a campaign contribution. Those billionaires didn't provide those charters out of the goodness of their heart, they did it because they expect access and possibly return favors.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Saw less than 10 people with masks, at soccer this morning. Over 60 players and another hundred family members.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:44 am
HI54UNI wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:36 am More do as I say not as a I do from the witch in Michigan

Hypocrite.

It's also a "favor" with a clear financial value and should be treated as a campaign contribution. Those billionaires didn't provide those charters out of the goodness of their heart, they did it because they expect access and possibly return favors.
There’s no quid pro quo. Private jets are speech.

Commie... :ohno:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:17 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:44 am
Hypocrite.

So are campaign contributions and they're reported. Anarchist!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:03 pm
kalm wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:17 pm

Oh...so they must not be bribery then. Antichrist!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

:mrgreen:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:06 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:03 pm
Oh...so they must not be bribery then. Antichrist!
Not if the value of the flights are reported and recorded as contributions.

From now on, stop playing with yourself.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Meanwhile, while we are doing pretty well in the United States now, the situation worldwide is not looking good. See graph of the worldwide situation below. The problem with that is that, the more the virus has a chance to spread, the more it has a chance to mutate and potentially become more dangerous.

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I went to a crawfish boil and finally came to understand why some people think the low number of influenza cases casts doubt on the COVID-19 thing. I talked to a guy who thought that the reason influenza cases were so low is because they were counting influenza cases and COVID-19 cases. No. Thinking that is really dumb. Stop it.

The reason for the low influenza numbers is the obvious one. We drastically changed our behavior in response to COVID-19. One thing i immediately thought of is that kids weren't going to school. I found an article that comments on that at https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... -this-year.
Past evidenceTrusted Source suggests kids are the number one source responsible for bringing the flu into householdsTrusted Source.
Lots of other things involved. But the reason we had a minimal flu season is because of the measure implemented to slow COVID-19 spread. BTW, that should also tell any reasonable person that, as scientists had said, COVID-19 is more contagious...harder to stop...than influenza is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

From a Shot in the Arm to a Shot in the Foot — Biden’s Vaccine Blunder
Just in case its tax plans were not evidence enough that the Biden administration has little understanding of the value of incentives, its proposal that intellectual-property protections should be waived in the case of COVID-19 vaccines bolstered the message that no economically productive deed should go unpunished.
Is Elizabeth Warren stupid or does she understand the implications of what she's saying and what it means for future innovation and improvements to quality of life?
Last edited by UNI88 on Sun May 09, 2021 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:49 am From a Shot in the Arm to a Shot in the Foot — Biden’s Vaccine Blunder
Just in case its tax plans were not evidence enough that the Biden administration has little understanding of the value of incentives, its proposal that intellectual-property protections should be waived in the case of COVID-19 vaccines bolstered the message that no economically productive deed should go unpunished.
Is Elizabeth Warren stupid or does she understand the implications of what she's saying and what it means for future innovation and improvements to quality of life?
Angela Merkel gets it ...
“The US suggestion for the lifting of patent protection for Covid-19 vaccines has significant implications for vaccine production as a whole,” a government spokeswoman said.

“The limiting factors in the production of vaccines are the production capacities and the high-quality standards and not patents,” she added, arguing that the companies were already working with partners to boost manufacturing capacity.

“The protection of intellectual property is a source of innovation and must remain so in the future.”
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:44 pm Meanwhile, while we are doing pretty well in the United States now, the situation worldwide is not looking good. See graph of the worldwide situation below. The problem with that is that, the more the virus has a chance to spread, the more it has a chance to mutate and potentially become more dangerous.

Are you familiar with cycle thresholds in the testing?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Good read.

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:36 pm Good read.

You’d think they would have been able to ramp up production by now. It literally benefits everyone on earth.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:40 pm
Pwns wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:36 pm Good read.

You’d think they would have been able to ramp up production by now. It literally benefits everyone on earth.
They're not making sneakers. Pharma production is a lot more stringent for a reason.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:46 pm
kalm wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:40 pm

They're not making sneakers. Pharma production is a lot more stringent for a reason.
I get that but considering peak manufacturing of planes and tanks in 1944, it’s still surprising given the entire world is motivated against a common enemy now.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:25 am
I get that but considering peak manufacturing of planes and tanks in 1944, it’s still surprising given the entire world is motivated against a common enemy now.
Do you think the Pharma companies are intentionally delaying production? Governments are paying them for the vaccines - the more they make, the more they make (and the less risk of loss of patent protection). If the company that developed a vaccine can't expand its production capacity fast enough, who would you trust to expand it for them? The whole concept of taking away patent protections is a smokescreen, the real intent is to hurt the big, mean capitalists who have the temerity to profit from their hard work and innovation in developing the vaccines. People like Elizabeth Warren know this but they're not honest enough to come out and say it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:55 pm BTW, that should also tell any reasonable person that, as scientists had said, COVID-19 is more contagious...harder to stop...than influenza is.
I would think not having a vaccine for it until 9 months into the spread kinda has something to do with that. 130,000,000 - 150,000,000 people usually get flu shots. If that many folks were pre-emptively vaccinated for Covid, what do you think the numbers would have looked like?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:30 am

Do you think the Pharma companies are intentionally delaying production? Governments are paying them for the vaccines - the more they make, the more they make (and the less risk of loss of patent protection). If the company that developed a vaccine can't expand its production capacity fast enough, who would you trust to expand it for them? The whole concept of taking away patent protections is a smokescreen, the real intent is to hurt the big, mean capitalists who have the temerity to profit from their hard work and innovation in developing the vaccines. People like Elizabeth Warren know this but they're not honest enough to come out and say it.
All I said was that it’s surprising. From a political standpoint I trust neither Warren, the WTO, the WHO, or big pharma. It wouldn’t exactly be a stretch to be skeptical of all of their involvement.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:26 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:55 pm BTW, that should also tell any reasonable person that, as scientists had said, COVID-19 is more contagious...harder to stop...than influenza is.
I would think not having a vaccine for it until 9 months into the spread kinda has something to do with that. 130,000,000 - 150,000,000 people usually get flu shots. If that many folks were pre-emptively vaccinated for Covid, what do you think the numbers would have looked like?
Less deadly and less contagious than Covid.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

So it took us about 5 years to get up to peak manufacturing for those planes and tanks, and we're just a few months into this ramping up. I say give it time.

Amazing, once again the whole "follow the science thing" only works when it meets the person's personal political agenda. We all loved Angela Merkel when she went against Trump and talked about how to properly contain COVID. Now when she goes against Biden and points out the peril of just freely throwing away intellectual property we don't like science anymore. Politics are funny that way.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Mr. Control Freak Fauci is now proclaiming that masks will be seasonal like flu shots. He's alleging that the near eradication of flu during this long season of COVID is because of masks. What nonsense, when the size of the particles are much smaller than the mesh of the masks. They're just a means of control, and do ZERO for keeping us healthy.

SMH....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/masks-could- ... 35741.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SuperHornet wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:36 am Mr. Control Freak Fauci is now proclaiming that masks will be seasonal like flu shots. He's alleging that the near eradication of flu during this long season of COVID is because of masks. What nonsense, when the size of the particles are much smaller than the mesh of the masks. They're just a means of control, and do ZERO for keeping us healthy.

SMH....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/masks-could- ... 35741.html
Masks certainly helped, but the bigger thing was keeping the vast majority (but not all) kids out of school and also keeping people from gathering in large numbers. Neither appears to be a long term solution to keeping the flu at bay - kids are going to go back to school and we're going to gather again in large numbers (and already are).

If these things weren't so political, there are lots of nice things that could come out of something like this. Not sending kids to school when they are clearly sick is certainly something we could learn from this. Same goes for folks in the workplace - no one needs a person hacking up a lung trying to be a superhero and coming to work. But neither side seems to be happy with finding common sense outcomes from this, just interested in sticking it to the other side.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation