Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:49 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 pm
I must have missed it, but did the Declaration of War approved by Congress to fight the Nazis have an end date on it???

The argument here is that Executive Emergency orders issued by various Govrnors had no legislative review/approval and by law had end-dates...
Forget it, he's rolling..
That’s right! So much so, I admitted to my mistake immediately. And before you had a chance to pile on. With two posts about it.

I’m sorry. Next time, I’ll either ignore owning my shit so you can grab a piece more quickly or slink away and pretend I’m done with the conversation.

:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 pm CDC estimates 83 million in US have had the China Virus.
https://bgr.com/2021/02/01/covid-cases- ... -estimate/
So that would leave a morality rate of less than .6%..
Not surprising to me at all. Its the Walmart of viruses. Low death rate keeps it around much longer giving it time to mutate. A high death rate would have required it be taken more seriously.
This also doesn’t take into account long term effects and productivity losses. The last line that we may be back to life as normal by summer is bold.

Speaking of long term effects. My buddy who was briefly hospitalized last month and is recovering has now shown signs of kidney damage. 38 years old and he said it’s more common for that group.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:36 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 pm CDC estimates 83 million in US have had the China Virus.
Not surprising to me at all. Its the Walmart of viruses. Low death rate keeps it around much longer giving it time to mutate. A high death rate would have required it be taken more seriously.
This also doesn’t take into account long term effects and productivity losses. The last line that we may be back to life as normal by summer is bold.

Speaking of long term effects. My buddy who was briefly hospitalized last month and is recovering has now shown signs of kidney damage. 38 years old and he said it’s more common for that group.
I hope I can get a vaccine by the end of summer, but not expecting it with the government in charge.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:21 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:49 pm
Forget it, he's rolling..
That’s right! So much so, I admitted to my mistake immediately. And before you had a chance to pile on. With two posts about it.

I’m sorry. Next time, I’ll either ignore owning my shit so you can grab a piece more quickly or slink away and pretend I’m done with the conversation.

Please. :kisswink: :kisswink:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Mrs. Hi5 gets her 2nd Moderna shot today.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:41 am
kalm wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:21 am

Clam's caught COVID crabbiness.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:06 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:41 am
He's verklempt!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:31 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:06 pm

He's verklampt!
Fixed it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:29 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:31 pm
He's verkalmpt!
Fixed it.
Did you? :lol:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

It's actually a high death rate as far as respiratory viral diseases go. Certainly higher than that of influenza. See https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanr ... 0/fulltext as an example assessment.

I suspect that the only reason the Spanish influenza was worse is because it was 1918 and medical care was obviously not nearly as advanced. I think today's medical care providers as well as the technologies at their disposal are far more advanced with respect to keeping people alive than 1918's were. I suspect that if this virus had hit the world in 1918 it would've been much worse than the Spanish flu was. Of course, no way to actually know.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:24 pm

It's actually a high death rate as far as respiratory viral diseases go. Certainly higher than that of influenza. See https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanr ... 0/fulltext as an example assessment.

I suspect that the only reason the Spanish influenza was worse is because it was 1918 and medical care was obviously not nearly as advanced. I think today's medical care providers as well as the technologies at their disposal are far more advanced with respect to keeping people alive than 1918's were. I suspect that if this virus had hit the world in 1918 it would've been much worse than the Spanish flu was. Of course, no way to actually know.
Good points.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Diet and cleanliness play big factors as well.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:12 pm

:nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:12 pm

And diet not in a good way in 2020. :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Media is giving the vaccine credit for the covid numbers going down in Minnesota. Probably have some effect, but they were already coming down prior to the vaccine.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

I know 2 more people with covid. Ex-wifes father and girl friend, both in their 80s. Got it in AZ. Hope all goes well for a full recovery.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Good write up on why the 2nd jab creates symptoms...

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ts/617892/
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil it trying to set the record for knowing most covid patients. I'm still at 4.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:07 am Gil it trying to set the record for knowing most covid patients. I'm still at 4.
How many you up to, Gil? I’m well over 200. One death. Two others hospitalized.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:12 am
89Hen wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:07 am Gil it trying to set the record for knowing most covid patients. I'm still at 4.
12 that know me personally, 5 deaths, 5 over it, and 2 active cases.

3 that thought they had it, but didn't get tested.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:29 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:12 am

12 that know me personally, 5 deaths, 5 over it, and 2 active cases.

3 that thought they had it, but didn't get tested.
Personally? Not counting employees, I can think of 11. All but one over 50 and all but 3 over 58. 3 over 65. One death (brother-in-law’s brother, aged 69). One just diagnosed yesterday. 9 full recoveries.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

The wife and I both had it in early January. It really sucked for about 3 days, but symptoms started resolving themselves within a week. We have no idea where we contracted it as we were following state and CDC protocols on masking, public gatherings, etc. I probably got it at the grocery store for all I know.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

ASUG8 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:40 am The wife and I both had it in early January. It really sucked for about 3 days, but symptoms started resolving themselves within a week. We have no idea where we contracted it as we were following state and CDC protocols on masking, public gatherings, etc. I probably got it at the grocery store for all I know.
I didn’t count anybody on this board :coffee: :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:41 am
ASUG8 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:40 am The wife and I both had it in early January. It really sucked for about 3 days, but symptoms started resolving themselves within a week. We have no idea where we contracted it as we were following state and CDC protocols on masking, public gatherings, etc. I probably got it at the grocery store for all I know.
Me either. Gas pumps are also places that have been identified as places where people have gotten COVID.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:41 am
I didn't and likely won't make time today to read through 383 pages of commentary on this. :lol: