Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI
A.K.A.: Unification88

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:04 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:39 pm
I know you don't give a fuck about anyone that dies from Covid, typical Trumpette.
Quit hyperventilating. You have clearly fallen for the plandemic hysteria hook, line, and sinker.
Kind of like you falling for the election was stolen hysteria? :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:39 pm

I know you don't give a fuck about anyone that dies from Covid, typical Trumpette.
Quit hyperventilating. You have clearly fallen for the plandemic hysteria hook, line, and sinker.
You are an idiot Trump knuckle dragger.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:18 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:42 pm

7,123 people die every day in the U.S. from a wide variety of causes. I don't see anybody making a deal about those people and their family's. All deaths are a tragedy and we should do our best to prevent them shouldn't we? It shouldn't matter if it is from the COVID epidemic or the obesity epidemic.

Obesity is a direct contributor to about 300,000 deaths a year, yet I don't see a mandatory exercise program and meal plan put in place for everybody to try and prevent the above deaths. Isn't the point is if it just saves one life, we should do whatever it takes? Think of how many people (grandma's and grandpa's) could live fuller lives and see their family's if we all just gave up our fast food and exercised a bit more. :coffee:

The above is tongue-in-cheek a bit but it isn't it hypocritical of us to do what we are doing via lock downs and these "extraordinary" measures when we could save the same number of lives by banning Big Macs or McRibs? I fully realize that this was a bit of uncharted territory and we didn't know how the virus acted in the beginning, so I am not arguing against the measures taken back then but to continue to extend them and treat this "epidemic" the same now as it was back then is purely political in nature. Clear thinking and level headedness has gone straight out the window in the name of political gamesmanship and taking advantage of peoples emotions.

I realize I am probably a full bastard for even going down this road and not having empathy for the dead but to continue to make excuses of not knowing enough or peoples feelings is just a bit mind boggling to me. I fully admit we don't know the long term consequences yet but to use that as some kind of crutch to support ones position is disingenuous in the face of the data we do know, and that is for the vast majority of people it will do nothing and extrapolating long term based on the data we do know, the risk is minimal in the face of what our "cure" is doing to peoples livelihood.

A quote from season two of the Mandalorian stuck with me where an Imperial officer, Valin Hess, stated "Everybody thinks they want freedom, but what they really want is order". Isn't that the true mindset of the response of the majority American people during this "crises"?

Not directing this directly at you Klam, just using your point as a segway into something I have been giving a bit of thought to lately. Probably should cut back on the rum and brandy in my Tom & Jerry mix. :chair:
No worries, I truly appreciate your thoughts here.

Covid is contagious. Fast food is not. Some dude eating an extra Big Mac doesn’t immediately threaten my life or my family’s. Same dude not taking precautions to prevent Covid infection does and can also impact my “freedoms.”

Other causes of potentially long term illness and the premature deaths they cause are addressed constantly in our culture. Because mitigating untimely deaths is a good thing. That they (untimely deaths) continue to occur doesn’t mean we still don’t try to reduce them or that lumping an additional 350K on top is worth the sacrifice.

The obvious concern is the value of preventative measures and their extended threat to freedom.

Since we don’t know all the long term consequences of lockdowns versus herd immunity or the long term economic impacts of either, I’m going to err on the side of caution.

The simultaneous tragedy here is not taking the financial steps to make lockdowns survivable.

Question: If businesses and incomes were guaranteed security through lockdowns would you have the same issues?
They are addressed constantly. But NONE by destroying our economy and millions of peoples’ lives and livelihoods....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:08 pm
You are an idiot Trump knuckle dragger.
You can’t do better than that. Weak. :lol:
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:15 pm

Covid is contagious. Fast food is not. Some dude eating an extra Big Mac doesn’t immediately threaten my life or my family’s. Same dude not taking precautions to prevent Covid infection does and can also impact my “freedoms.”

Other causes of potentially long term illness and the premature deaths they cause are addressed constantly in our culture. Because mitigating untimely deaths is a good thing. That they (untimely deaths) continue to occur doesn’t mean we still don’t try to reduce them or that lumping an additional 350K on top is worth the sacrifice.

The obvious concern is the value of preventative measures and their extended threat to freedom.

Since we don’t know all the long term consequences of lockdowns versus herd immunity or the long term economic impacts of either, I’m going to err on the side of caution.

The simultaneous tragedy here is not taking the financial steps to make lockdowns survivable.

Question: If businesses and incomes were guaranteed security through lockdowns would you have the same issues?
They are addressed constantly. But NONE by destroying our economy and millions of peoples’ lives and livelihoods....
Right now we need to concentrate on getting this vaccine circulated. That should eliminate governor's locking down states. Looks like Trump is going to let Biden take care of that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Post by Gil Dobie »

One if the good things from the Pandemic, the local Trump store closed.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

What?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:33 am

What?
Other causes of death and long-term illness....
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:54 am Another COVID death ...

Glenbrook North grieves student-athlete standout Dylan Buckner
Did you link the wrong story? Either that, or I'm missing something. From the article:
The 18-year-old Northbrook resident was found after he took his own life, according to the Cook County medical examiner
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:58 pm

Did you link the wrong story? Either that, or I'm missing something. From the article:
The 18-year-old Northbrook resident was found after he took his own life, according to the Cook County medical examiner
Dylan Buckner represents the other side of the pandemic - the people that are suffering and dying because of the lockdowns.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

No. That’s the deaths going uncounted.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Dylan Buckner represents the other side of the pandemic - the people that are suffering and dying because of the lockdowns.
Thank you. :thumb:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So do mixed race people only get half of the priority? How exactly is this going to work?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Miami doctor dies within weeks of receiving Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... r-BB1cx6DA
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:47 pm Miami doctor dies within weeks of receiving Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... r-BB1cx6DA
Sucks when people die from the Trump vaccine. The vaccine is the best chance of stopping the government lockdowns. We found that doing the sensible protocol was ignored by most, and the virus continues to spread.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:01 pm So do mixed race people only get half of the priority? How exactly is this going to work?

he's got pandering down to a science, doesn't he? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:23 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:01 pm So do mixed race people only get half of the priority? How exactly is this going to work?

HeAliNg AnD uNiTy
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:28 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:23 am

HeAliNg AnD uNiTy
He is trying to keep the left from splitting, and still wants to sniff AOC's hair.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:53 am
That’s funny on multiple levels. :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:37 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:28 am

HeAliNg AnD uNiTy
He is trying to keep the left from splitting, and still wants to sniff AOC's hair.
boy howdy. Cowmilla Hoe-is must have already shut him down.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Starting to hear noise that Biden wants to eschew the science and try to get the first vaccine shot out to as many people as possible by releasing the held back supply of second shots, hoping that we'll still have enough second shots to be given in the timeframe they are supposed to be administered. The science is a little mixed right now, but most seem to be saying that missing or delaying that second shot might not be a good idea. But you know, politics.

I don't get why this would be the approach - it seems like the issue right now isn't the availability of enough doses, it's that we haven't done a good job of setting up the infrastructure to administer the doses in the first place. I don't see how making more doses available improves that, other than grabbing a headline that we're doing something and that plenty of doses are available. But again, politics I suppose.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:09 pm Starting to hear noise that Biden wants to eschew the science and try to get the first vaccine shot out to as many people as possible by releasing the held back supply of second shots, hoping that we'll still have enough second shots to be given in the timeframe they are supposed to be administered. The science is a little mixed right now, but most seem to be saying that missing or delaying that second shot might not be a good idea. But you know, politics.

I don't get why this would be the approach - it seems like the issue right now isn't the availability of enough doses, it's that we haven't done a good job of setting up the infrastructure to administer the doses in the first place. I don't see how making more doses available improves that, other than grabbing a headline that we're doing something and that plenty of doses are available. But again, politics I suppose.
Science can't possibly comment on a delay in the second dose because it was never trialed that way. FDA approval has strict restrictions and the real-life practice must follow the trial procedure. They do, however, know what one dose can do up to the point the second dose was given, but not after that.

Here's what will happen going forward, IMO, if you over-distribute and monkey with the dosing:
There will be spoiled Pfizer vaccines due to the storage requirements.
People who got the 1st dose may not have the 2nd dose available in time and will have to start over again.
There will be a shipment of Moderna that arrives for the second dose patients but they got the Pfizer vaccine on the first dose, and vice versa.

This is a logistical mountain from the start, and the solution was designed for orderly distribution and administration. Because of the private-public partnership of the system, and the number of handlers from plant to arm, it was certainly going to have some hiccups along the way. I just hope any changes at this point don't create more of a mess.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Meanwhile the bestest corona gov ever Cuomo is failing at distribution of the vaccine and doses are being thrown away.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

All my posts are satire