Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Gil Dobie »

and then there's Cuomo

Link

"The good news is the Pfizer tests look good and we'll have a vaccine shortly, the bad news is it's about two months before Joe Biden takes over and that means this administration will be implementing a vaccine plan," Cuomo said.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:59 am and then there's Cuomo

Link

"The good news is the Pfizer tests look good and we'll have a vaccine shortly, the bad news is it's about two months before Joe Biden takes over and that means this administration will be implementing a vaccine plan," Cuomo said.
Cuomo sounds upset that he won't be able to kill any more old folks. :coffee:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Baldy wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:11 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:59 am and then there's Cuomo

Link

Yes, Trump will be out of office, so he can't kill anymore don't you think 300,000 (likely 400,000 by the time he is booted from the White House) is enough death?
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:19 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:33 am MInnesota deaths per day are nearing the first peak numbers. Minnesotans not taking care of elderly and vulnerable.
Yes, with SEVEN TIMES as many cases. Death rate is almost unmeasurable at this point.
300K dead, over a thousand a day. You have really gone full tard since you moved to Texas
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:21 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:06 am So Pfizer announced that the early results of their vaccine is showing a 90% efficacy. That is in the high range of overall vaccine efficacy (measles, polio, etc.). That is huge news.

I said way back when that there would never be a vaccine for this because it was believed at the time that there would be seasonal fluctuations that would make it difficult to determine efficacy. But since the warm weather had little to no effect, they had enough time to effectively run the trials.

It's going to take a while to work this through the population, but at least we have hope for the future. Thanks, Biden.
Pfizer is saying they have 50 million doses that could be administered by the end of the calendar year. 1.5 billion by the end of 2021. Heck, they're going to have to give that COVID taskforce that's supposed to take over on Jan 20th something else to do if these numbers and the efficiency are correct. If we do this well, no reason not to have everyone in America (or enough to make it effective) vaccinated by the spring or worst case early summer.
Thank you Germany!!

It was a German company that developed the vaccine with no involvement from the US. Pfizer is just the testing/distribution partner
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:43 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:21 am

Pfizer is saying they have 50 million doses that could be administered by the end of the calendar year. 1.5 billion by the end of 2021. Heck, they're going to have to give that COVID taskforce that's supposed to take over on Jan 20th something else to do if these numbers and the efficiency are correct. If we do this well, no reason not to have everyone in America (or enough to make it effective) vaccinated by the spring or worst case early summer.
Thank you Germany!!

It was a German company that developed the vaccine with no involvement from the US. Pfizer is just the testing/distribution partner
The US is paying them almost $2 Billion for 100 Millions doses.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:40 pm
Yes, Trump will be out of office, so he can't kill anymore don't you think 300,000 (likely 400,000 by the time he is booted from the White House) is enough death?
USA: 300,000 of 328.2 million is 0.09%

New York State: 33,314 of 19.415 million is 0.17%

If I'm doing the math right, Cuomo has killed his constituents at nearly twice the rate of Trump.
Last edited by UNI88 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

:ohno: You're such a fucking tool.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Cuomo signed an executive order forcing nursing homes to take COVID patients even after we all knew that the elderly were the most vulnerable to the disease. His stupidity ended up killing over 10,000 people. Sorry Princess, you can't blame that on Trump. :kisswink:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:01 pm

If I'm doing the math right, Cuomo has killed his constituents at nearly twice the rate of Trump.

So new Yorkers aren't Trump's constituents as well?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:48 pm

Eh, go fuck yourself tool
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Baldy wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:07 pm

Cuomo signed an executive order forcing nursing homes to take COVID patients even after we all knew that the elderly were the most vulnerable to the disease. His stupidity ended up killing over 10,000 people. Sorry Princess, you can't blame that on Trump. :kisswink:
Based on guidance from the federal government, Peachboy
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:24 pm
The feds provided guidance to the states instructing them to place COVID patients in nursing homes? Really?
Show your work. Let me see the receipts.

The FACTS are that only five states did this. New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and California. All Donk states with Donk governors directly responsible for turning nursing homes into death camps causing tens of thousands of deaths.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Wow, that's an awful take with zero evidence. You should retract.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:01 pm

So new Yorkers aren't Trump's constituents as well?
Yes they are. I'm pretty sure the 33,314 are included in the 300,000.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:27 pm

Wow, that's an awful take with zero evidence. You should retract.
:lol: :lol: I see what you're doing....I think :?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:23 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:48 pm
Eh, go fuck yourself tool
I just wish you had made the Biden bet with me.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Cuomo fucked up. Trump continues to fuck up. Nice to see some of you slowly moving out of the denial stage to anger and finger pointing. At this point we’ll achieve general acceptance around late 2021.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:26 am Cuomo fucked up. Trump continues to fuck up. Nice to see some of you slowly moving out of the denial stage to anger and finger pointing. At this point we’ll achieve general acceptance around late 2021.
I had to join in as well. Got nothing to say, but you're wrong somehow. :pissed:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Original news release on the Vaccine deal between the US Government and Pfizer.

Original Pfizer Deal July Link

July 22, 2020
U.S. government placed an initial order of 100 million doses for $1.95 billion and can acquire up to 500 million additional doses
Americans to receive the vaccine for free consistent with U.S. government’s commitment for free access for COVID-19 vaccines
Pfizer and BioNTech remain on track to begin an anticipated Phase 2b/3 safety and efficacy trial later this month, seek regulatory review as early as October 2020, and manufacture globally up to 100 million doses by the end of 2020 and potentially more than 1.3 billion doses by the end of 2021
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:56 am Original news release on the Vaccine deal between the US Government and Pfizer.

Original Pfizer Deal July Link

July 22, 2020
U.S. government placed an initial order of 100 million doses for $1.95 billion and can acquire up to 500 million additional doses
Americans to receive the vaccine for free consistent with U.S. government’s commitment for free access for COVID-19 vaccines
Pfizer and BioNTech remain on track to begin an anticipated Phase 2b/3 safety and efficacy trial later this month, seek regulatory review as early as October 2020, and manufacture globally up to 100 million doses by the end of 2020 and potentially more than 1.3 billion doses by the end of 2021
Money well spent. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:26 am Cuomo fucked up. Trump continues to fuck up. Nice to see some of you slowly moving out of the denial stage to anger and finger pointing. At this point we’ll achieve general acceptance around late 2021.
Cuomo didn't just fvck up, he fvcked up bit time! You're right about Trump, he continues to fvck up (at least for 2+ more months). The President's role in this should be encouraging people to be safe & smart and setting up the infrastructure to coordinate state efforts, procurement of PPE, etc. It should not be mandating masks nationwide - that's better left to state and local governments with better (and more constitutional) enforcement tools.

And I don't think I'm in denial, I take the virus seriously.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:50 am
Cuomo didn't just fvck up, he fvcked up bit time! You're right about Trump, he continues to fvck up (at least for 2+ more months). The President's role in this should be encouraging people to be safe & smart and setting up the infrastructure to coordinate state efforts, procurement of PPE, etc. It should not be mandating masks nationwide - that's better left to state and local governments with better (and more constitutional) enforcement tools.

Wolf did the same thing in PA early on. There's a ton of culpability there for the way too many nursing home deaths that happened in March/April/May. Shouldn't even have to be a partisan issue but, like all things, it has become partisan.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:50 am

Last time I remember the country coming together was 9/11. Guessing that it will be the last time it happens in my lifetime as well barring another terrorist attack like it unfortunately.

I am not denial either and I take ALL risks in life seriously but my position hasn't changed since August. Never much was a finger pointer, emotional responses and sticking to a particular narrative (by both sides) to the data is what has made this mess worse IMHO.

But I don't blame people for having said emotional response as not everybody has the same critical thinking skills and it is human nature to make emotional decisions when faced with new and unexpected events. People do better when given time to slow down and think, but for a number of reasons 2020 never allowed that to happen.

2020 has me re-thinking my early retirement goals in that I may not get my law degree but instead get a degree in group psychology as the human reaction to COVID is fascinating from the perspective of what influences peoples reaction (local/state/country levels) and the different stages each have gone through.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein