Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 37353
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:39 pm You can thank the rioters for the increase in positives. Data clearly shows that to be a truth.

Now on the flip side, you have others saying they are done being quarantined due to the irresponsible rioters.

Thanks again Leftists for screwing America.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Negative. Only Trump and the GOP have FUCKED AMerica. You guys are just too fucking stupid to understand how badly Trump has fucked this up.

Pathetic really. Fucking righties pretend to be patriots, but they are far from it.
How so?
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AshevilleApp »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:33 pm

:ohno:

You show that you and Cleets are equal on understanding data.

The party of science my ass.
I would guess the protests increased spread. The virus is apolitical.
I would think so. :nod:

So has Myrtle Beach.
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:33 pm

:ohno:

You show that you and Cleets are equal on understanding data.

The party of science my ass.
I would guess the protests increased spread. The virus is apolitical.
That's what I said. The protests caused a spike. Now the problem is people are starting to refuse social distancing. Why? Because they just watched two weeks of rioters do whatever the hell they wanted to do. So now people who had been adhering to social distancing are not and that will further the spread.

This is what happens when you have two sets of rules.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48412
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 pm

I would guess the protests increased spread. The virus is apolitical.
That's what I said. The protests caused a spike. Now the problem is people are starting to refuse social distancing. Why? Because they just watched two weeks of rioters do whatever the hell they wanted to do. So now people who had been adhering to social distancing are not and that will further the spread.

This is what happens when you have two sets of rules.
From a political standpoint that’s just noise. Finger pointing is fun and I can politicize too, pointing to a number of indications on why the right is more dangerous when it comes to the spread of the disease and resulting lockdowns and economic harm. It’s a battle you would lose, and lose badly.

The virus doesn’t care about your politics. We either aggressively fight this enemy or we half ass it and suffer the consequences. Every state should have been in phase 1 restrictions through at least the 4th of July. If we had, the case numbers, ability to TTTQ, and thereby strains on the hospital systems would have been manageable. And yes, there were people saying this back in March.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 am

That's what I said. The protests caused a spike. Now the problem is people are starting to refuse social distancing. Why? Because they just watched two weeks of rioters do whatever the hell they wanted to do. So now people who had been adhering to social distancing are not and that will further the spread.

This is what happens when you have two sets of rules.
From a political standpoint that’s just noise. Finger pointing is fun and I can politicize too, pointing to a number of indications on why the right is more dangerous when it comes to the spread of the disease and resulting lockdowns and economic harm. It’s a battle you would lose, and lose badly.

The virus doesn’t care about your politics. We either aggressively fight this enemy or we half ass it and suffer the consequences. Every state should have been in phase 1 restrictions through at least the 4th of July. If we had, the case numbers, ability to TTTQ, and thereby strains on the hospital systems would have been manageable. And yes, there were people saying this back in March.
Now YOU are trying to change data with your "politics" statement. The virus doesn't care, but one group of people also broke the social distancing rule.

Which group was that? That's where politics come into play.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48412
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:05 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 am

From a political standpoint that’s just noise. Finger pointing is fun and I can politicize too, pointing to a number of indications on why the right is more dangerous when it comes to the spread of the disease and resulting lockdowns and economic harm. It’s a battle you would lose, and lose badly.

The virus doesn’t care about your politics. We either aggressively fight this enemy or we half ass it and suffer the consequences. Every state should have been in phase 1 restrictions through at least the 4th of July. If we had, the case numbers, ability to TTTQ, and thereby strains on the hospital systems would have been manageable. And yes, there were people saying this back in March.
Now YOU are trying to change data with your "politics" statement. The virus doesn't care, but one group of people also broke the social distancing rule.

Which group was that? That's where politics come into play.
Dude...learn to read. I literally agreed that the protests increased spread. And what “data” am I trying to change?

:ohno:
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

From a political standpoint that’s just noise. Finger pointing is fun and I can politicize too
If this isn't you trying to gloss over the fact that Leftists are to blame for the spike, then I am wrong.

It can be politicized because they caused a spike.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AshevilleApp »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:59 pm

I would guess the protests increased spread. The virus is apolitical.
That's what I said. The protests caused a spike. Now the problem is people are starting to refuse social distancing. Why? Because they just watched two weeks of rioters do whatever the hell they wanted to do. So now people who had been adhering to social distancing are not and that will further the spread.
People refusing social distancing and mask wearing was happening well before the protests. I believe the protests caused a spike, but I have trouble believing that watching protests on TV has caused much change in people's behavior. I think summertime and cabin fever are more likely culprits.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48412
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:15 am
From a political standpoint that’s just noise. Finger pointing is fun and I can politicize too
If this isn't you trying to gloss over the fact that Leftists are to blame for the spike, then I am wrong.

It can be politicized because they caused a spike.
It’s hypocritical. I agree. My post was an acknowledgment to this very thing.

:ohno:
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:20 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:15 am

If this isn't you trying to gloss over the fact that Leftists are to blame for the spike, then I am wrong.

It can be politicized because they caused a spike.
It’s hypocritical. I agree. My post was an acknowledgment to this very thing.

:ohno:
Then I apologize for misunderstanding your comment.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48412
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 am

That's what I said. The protests caused a spike. Now the problem is people are starting to refuse social distancing. Why? Because they just watched two weeks of rioters do whatever the hell they wanted to do. So now people who had been adhering to social distancing are not and that will further the spread.
People refusing social distancing and mask wearing was happening well before the protests. I believe the protests caused a spike, but I have trouble believing that watching protests on TV has caused much change in people's behavior. I think summertime and cabin fever are more likely culprits.
Also lack of discipline, habit, self centeredness and stupidity.

I’ve been guilty as well. It’s sometimes hard going into the place I’ve worked for 32 years and remember to wear a mask. To remember to wash my hands. To not fist bump, shake hands, or bro hug during or after a round of golf.
Image
Image
Image
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48412
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:21 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:20 am

It’s hypocritical. I agree. My post was an acknowledgment to this very thing.

:ohno:
Then I apologize for misunderstanding your comment.
I still love you Sugar Tits!
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:26 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:21 am

Then I apologize for misunderstanding your comment.
I still love you Sugar Tits!
:notworthy:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55311
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by AZGrizFan »

Still waiting for the “death spike”.

The virus appears to be weakening.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image
User avatar
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4725
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:23 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
Location: Norfolk VA

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:08 am Still waiting for the “death spike”.

The virus appears to be weakening.
Unfortunately stupidity concerning the virus is strengthening.
Image
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

Does anyone even know the current IFR off the top of their head? Seems to be a pretty important metric you can never reliably find.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 23949
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CID1990 »

So, my classmate from El Cid is a medical physicist. He designs MRIs and CAT scanners and does the math on making them work. We both started together as physics majors and then diverged when I switched to biology

So anyhoo, he’s a smart feller

He posted on FB about the importance of mask wearing etc, and within 30 minutes there were like 50 replies, challenging him on a bunch of immaterial bullshit about anything anyone could conjure up about it

This shit is so politically driven it is disgusting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:54 am So, my classmate from El Cid is a medical physicist. He designs MRIs and CAT scanners and does the math on making them work. We both started together as physics majors and then diverged when I switched to biology

So anyhoo, he’s a smart feller

He posted on FB about the importance of mask wearing etc, and within 30 minutes there were like 50 replies, challenging him on a bunch of immaterial bullshit about anything anyone could conjure up about it

This shit is so politically driven it is disgusting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all about the spin...state.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 19539
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 am

That's what I said. The protests caused a spike. Now the problem is people are starting to refuse social distancing. Why? Because they just watched two weeks of rioters do whatever the hell they wanted to do. So now people who had been adhering to social distancing are not and that will further the spread.

This is what happens when you have two sets of rules.
From a political standpoint that’s just noise. Finger pointing is fun and I can politicize too, pointing to a number of indications on why the right is more dangerous when it comes to the spread of the disease and resulting lockdowns and economic harm. It’s a battle you would lose, and lose badly.

The virus doesn’t care about your politics. We either aggressively fight this enemy or we half ass it and suffer the consequences. Every state should have been in phase 1 restrictions through at least the 4th of July. If we had, the case numbers, ability to TTTQ, and thereby strains on the hospital systems would have been manageable. And yes, there were people saying this back in March.
Baloney- there were 8 states that never shut down, and haven’t had a major issue. Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, N Dakota, Oklahoma, S Dakota, Utah, Wyoming. You can’t make a blanket policy for the entire country.

They have been manageable.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48412
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:55 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 am

From a political standpoint that’s just noise. Finger pointing is fun and I can politicize too, pointing to a number of indications on why the right is more dangerous when it comes to the spread of the disease and resulting lockdowns and economic harm. It’s a battle you would lose, and lose badly.

The virus doesn’t care about your politics. We either aggressively fight this enemy or we half ass it and suffer the consequences. Every state should have been in phase 1 restrictions through at least the 4th of July. If we had, the case numbers, ability to TTTQ, and thereby strains on the hospital systems would have been manageable. And yes, there were people saying this back in March.
Baloney- there were 8 states that never shut down, and haven’t had a major issue. Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, N Dakota, Oklahoma, S Dakota, Utah, Wyoming. You can’t make a blanket policy for the entire country.

They have been manageable.
Ok...as of now we should have only shut down 42 states. And none of the outbreaks from SD effected other states.

:lol:
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:52 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:55 pm Baloney- there were 8 states that never shut down, and haven’t had a major issue. Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, N Dakota, Oklahoma, S Dakota, Utah, Wyoming. You can’t make a blanket policy for the entire country.

They have been manageable.
Ok...as of now we should have only shut down 42 states. And none of the outbreaks from SD effected other states.

:lol:
42 out of 57 isn't too bad
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10467
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:17 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:54 am So, my classmate from El Cid is a medical physicist. He designs MRIs and CAT scanners and does the math on making them work. We both started together as physics majors and then diverged when I switched to biology

So anyhoo, he’s a smart feller

He posted on FB about the importance of mask wearing etc, and within 30 minutes there were like 50 replies, challenging him on a bunch of immaterial bullshit about anything anyone could conjure up about it

This shit is so politically driven it is disgusting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all about the spin...state.
Most amazing joke wasted by this board. The 6.93 guy would have gotten this. Fuck you all.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15388
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:08 am Still waiting for the “death spike”.

The virus appears to be weakening.
TwO MoRe WeEkS
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 15388
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:54 am So, my classmate from El Cid is a medical physicist. He designs MRIs and CAT scanners and does the math on making them work. We both started together as physics majors and then diverged when I switched to biology

So anyhoo, he’s a smart feller

He posted on FB about the importance of mask wearing etc, and within 30 minutes there were like 50 replies, challenging him on a bunch of immaterial bullshit about anything anyone could conjure up about it

This shit is so politically driven it is disgusting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meh. I blame the medical people claiming masks didn't help, who then later claimed they were essential.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 37353
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CAA Flagship »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:34 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:54 am So, my classmate from El Cid is a medical physicist. He designs MRIs and CAT scanners and does the math on making them work. We both started together as physics majors and then diverged when I switched to biology

So anyhoo, he’s a smart feller

He posted on FB about the importance of mask wearing etc, and within 30 minutes there were like 50 replies, challenging him on a bunch of immaterial bullshit about anything anyone could conjure up about it

This shit is so politically driven it is disgusting


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meh. I blame the medical people claiming masks didn't help, who then later claimed they were essential.
The messaging for this pandemic has been an abomination from just about everyone involved; Trump, Pence, Cuomo, DeBlasio, Pelosi, Fauci, Birx, the WHO,.......and now DeSantis looks like an idiot for bragging about Florida a couple of months ago. :ohno: :ohno:

You only need common sense to reduce the spread. Washing hands, wearing masks, maintaining distance, etc. are not part of new "science". Those are practices that have been used for a long time.

Through yesterday, the 7-day running average for US deaths is still going down, though it is flattening.
Post Reply