Political discussions
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:52 pm I sincerely hope nothing comes from this and it’s the right move. If otherwise, a clear example of why we can’t have nice things...
Wisconsin bars packed with patrons almost immediately after court strikes down stay-at-home order
BY CAITLIN O'KANE
MAY 14, 2020 / 2:29 PM / CBS NEWS

Almost immediately after the Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down Governor Tony Evers' stay-at-home order on Wednesday, bars in the state opened their doors — and patrons did not hold back. Video from one packed bar in Platteville has gone viral online.

The video from Nick's Bar shows patrons packed together, dancing and banging on the bar top. The video received nearly 60,000 views on Twitter before the tweet was deleted. And Nick's is not the only Wisconsin establishment to receive a flood of visitors.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wisconsin- ... ikes-down/
CONSUMER ADVISORY

If you go to a bar/restaurant in the early stages of re-opening, don't order a draft beer. Some suppliers/wholesalers don't have the capacity for widespread changeout of kegs, and some breweries don't have the capacity to drain large quantities of kegs in a short amount of time. Aside from the staffing issues to swap and drain kegs, wastewater permit levels are creating a pinch point for the amount of old beer that can be drained in a period of time.

This message is funded by the EC(b) Consumer Protection Agency and I approve this message.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:49 am
kalm wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:52 pm I sincerely hope nothing comes from this and it’s the right move. If otherwise, a clear example of why we can’t have nice things...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wisconsin- ... ikes-down/
So you disagree with the Wisconsin Supreme Court findings?
Not sure if I do or not. I suppose I could lock down an entire county but that would only work if non county residents coming in weren’t infectious.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:22 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:49 am

So you disagree with the Wisconsin Supreme Court findings?
Not sure if I do or not. I suppose I could lock down an entire county but that would only work if non county residents coming in weren’t infectious.
WSC (Wisconsin Supreme Court) found that Palm exceed here authority when she issued her "emergency rule" as it had definite legal and criminal penalties listed for non-compliance. According to Wisconsin law, when that is the case the legislature must be involved in the issuing.

Whether Palm was right or not did not factor into the WSC decision, as she overstepped her boundaries. Which is why I was asking if you disagreed with the WSC decision and not Palm's "Emergency Rule". They are separate questions with very different conotations. In your original post, it sounded like you were advocating that Palm's overreach was permissible due to it being a "Health Crisis" and hence my question.

If anybody would like to read the entire opinion.

https://www.wicourts.gov/sc/opinion/Dis ... qNo=260868
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:57 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:22 am

WSC (Wisconsin Supreme Court) found that Palm exceed here authority when she issued her "emergency rule" as it had definite legal and criminal penalties listed for non-compliance. According to Wisconsin law, when that is the case the legislature must be involved in the issuing.

Whether Palm was right or not did not factor into the WSC decision, as she overstepped her boundaries. Which is why I was asking if you disagreed with the WSC decision and not Palm's "Emergency Rule". They are separate questions with very different conotations. In your original post, it sounded like you were advocating that Palm's overreach was permissible due to it being a "Health Crisis" and hence my question.

My initial statement still stands. :nod:

Not arguing with the ruling. If an elected governor’s decision in time of crisis can be over-ridden (political red tape) then their constitution might be the problem.

Don’t be a Joltin Joe. :mrgreen:

:tiptoe:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:24 pm
kalm wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:59 am 1). You haven’t been to Eastern Washington. It’s probably 40% masks at best in grocery and hardware stores and even less in c-stores. Meanwhile the commissioners of 21 counties in WA state are sending a mean letter to Inslee demanding an immediate variance for phase 2 reopening while several of those counties have some the highest infection rates around due to ag production. Good news is that if they show they can snuff out an outbreak quickly that should go a long ways.

2). We are talking past each other a bit here (I know...shocker! :lol: ). We’re actually pretty damn close on much of this.

I think it’s inevitable this will become more county and local specific in restrictions. It will remain a rollercoaster for some areas depending on voluntary compliance to social distancing and how quickly containment of outbreaks can occur.
Ventured out last night for dinner. Basically got guilted into wearing a mask in the restaurant (take out food)...literally EVERYONE that came in was wearing a mask....fuckers. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
If they don't feel comfortable around you because you are not wearing a mask they should stay home.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:05 am

Not arguing with the ruling. If an elected governor’s decision in time of crisis can be over-ridden (political red tape) then their constitution might be the problem.

That hurts. :rofl:

Or maybe it is there to keep government overreach from being a real thing. Checks and balances...... :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:22 am

That hurts. :rofl:

Or maybe it is there to keep government overreach from being a real thing. Checks and balances...... :D
Indeed. And that’s the age old conundrum.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Be safe and smart out there. The country is open, but the virus still lurks in the background.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it's their constitution that's the problem. Damn those people and their freedom! :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 am

Yeah, it's their constitution that's the problem. Damn those people and their freedom! :lol: :lol:
I thought it was about the economy. :coffee:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

This is not The Onion or The Babylon Bee...

CO man dies from astounding 0.55 blood alcohol level, coronavirus listed as cause of death

https://disrn.com/news/co-man-dies-from ... e-of-death
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: :clap: :notworthy:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:14 pm This is not The Onion or The Babylon Bee...

CO man dies from astounding 0.55 blood alcohol level, coronavirus listed as cause of death

https://disrn.com/news/co-man-dies-from ... e-of-death
That’s bullshit of the highest order, coming from the overclass to keep the working man down!!! :protesst: :protesst: :protesst: :protesst: :protesst: :protesst:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

5 sailors from the Teddy have contracted COVID for the second time. If true, what does that say about herd immunity.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:26 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 am

It’s about the freedom to drive the economy. :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:00 pm 5 sailors from the Teddy have contracted COVID for the second time. If true, what does that say about herd immunity.
Or they never really got over it the first time.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:18 pm

You didn't get the JSO reference.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:35 pm

You didn't get the JSO reference.
Too subtle. Sorry. :dunce:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Wa state allowing foursomes, no lid on-course trash cans, full driving range use, and one on one instruction as of 6:00 tonight.

Now scrambling to re-adjust tee sheets and cart usage with a packed weekend of twosomes and not enough carts to accommodate single rider foursomes.

Not complaining though...
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:19 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:00 pm 5 sailors from the Teddy have contracted COVID for the second time. If true, what does that say about herd immunity.
Or they got the other of the at least 2 strains..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:30 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:19 pm

It’s just the flu.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:51 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:30 pm
It’s just the flu.
and less deadly
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

It's about the freedom to drive your ATV around your double wide. :roll:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:29 pm

It's about the freedom to drive your ATV around your double wide. :roll:

:coffee:
As long as you don't infringe on your neighbors rights.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Man is this ever true in Eastern Washington. The victimhood and fear projection is off the charts. “I’m a badass American individualist and I don’t need protection, or forced shut downs, or anybody...well except customers...I still need them, and for the virus to go away...all on its own.

The conservative victimhood complex has made America impossible to govern

Ryan Cooper

But Trump's appalling failure is only the most visible part of a vast ocean of right-wing dysfunction. For conservative zealots and media figures, the pandemic is quickly becoming just another culture war battleground — an axis of postmodern symbolic conflict, another vent for bottomless grievance, and fuel for a screeching victimhood complex. The practical effect will be to fuel infection and hamstring economic recovery. It's a stark obstacle before fixing this or any other crisis.............

............It shouldn't be surprising that the reality of masks and other pandemic control measures is the precise opposite of the conservative agitprop line. Most masks and lockdown orders are primarily a way to protect others, not just yourself — which you would think would be exactly in line with purported conservative values of traditional masculinity. But facts have never stood in the way of the conservative persecution complex. Nothing gets their blood flowing like playing martyr before imaginary liberal tyranny. Casting oneself as Anne Frank for having to wear a two-dollar cloth mask at Walmart during the worst pandemic in a century would be a stretch for most people in the world, but not American movement conservatives.
https://theweek.com/articles/914220/con ... ble-govern