Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Blue Wave 2019

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:So the donk:
-who's daddy was a 2 term KY gov.
-who had a libertarian running who took 2% of the vote, mostly from the conk gov/candidate.
-running against the most unpopular gov in the country.
Only won by 0.36%? That's pretty WEAK.

And it may not even be over.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... l-election
He won, that's all that matters.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Trump knew it would like bad for him. BDK knows it too. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Trump knew it would like bad for him. BDK knows it too. :lol:
Yeah. He closed a 17 point gap to ZERO in one day. Sucks.

Republicans swept nearly every other election, including turning some seats red that had been blue for years.

Claiming this as some kind of "blue wave" is comical, and downright embarrassing for you poor folks.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Trump knew it would like bad for him. BDK knows it too. :lol:

Republicans swept nearly every other election, including turning some seats red that had been blue for years.

Claiming this as some kind of "blue wave" is comical, and downright embarrassing for you poor folks.

You need to stop watching Fox and Hannity and start thinking for yourself:

But polls in the weeks leading up to the election had Bevin and Beshear deadlocked in the race. A Mason-Dixon survey in mid-October found Bevin and Beshear tied at 46% each.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 516653001/

ONE poll, that is graded a C/D level accuracy poll showed that gap. Every other pole showed a dead heat.

Seriously Z, moving to Texas has rotten your thinking.
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

But polls in the weeks leading up to the election had Bevin and Beshear deadlocked in the race. A Mason-Dixon survey in mid-October found Bevin and Beshear tied at 46% each.

ONE poll, that is graded a C/D level accuracy poll showed that gap. Every other pole showed a dead heat.

And outside of Virginia, what else did the wave splash over?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

PA, IN, NH, ME - Dems flipped many, many city/county seats. Your boy Trump is driving sane, rational voters away from the increasing irrational, extremist Republican Party.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
PA, IN, NH, ME - Dems flipped many, many city/county seats. Your boy Trump is driving sane, rational voters away from the increasing irrational, extremist Republican Party.
And reps flipped seats that had been dem for decades (and in some cases NEVER).

What's your point?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

What's your point?

Sticking with Trump will rightfully destroy the GOP. As it should for defending such a corrupt, treasonous jackwad.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Several NJ state house seats flipped from D to R.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

What's your point?
Yep.
Trump had little to nothing do with local and state seats that went from conk to donk. Or that went from donk to conk.
As far as local and state elections, what’s the expression, all politics is local.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Hmmm...interesting

What were the excuses Donks were using when they were losing elections hand over fist when the ever popular Saint Barack was President? :suspicious:
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Ibanez wrote:
Pwns wrote:I mean, I don't think anyone really doubts Democrats have wind in their sails right now, but that governor was really unpopular. Trump didn't oust him, he ousted himself.
That guy was an ass. He should've been defeated by more than 5k votes.

Meanwhile Trump is the reason Republicans win but not the reason they lose? If he had to "drag him across the finish line" why spend your political capital on him? :suspicious: :suspicious:

That's like when football players thank Jesus when they score a TD but not when they fumble the ball. :coffee:

For being an atheist you sure post a lot about Jesus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:
Flipped dozens (and counting) of local offices across the country, including Delaware County PA for the first time in 150 years,
I grew up in Delco, the county has been having a large influx of folks from Philly (i.e. Democrats) for years, especially of late. This flip has been in the works for the last decade, if not longer. I remember when Bob Edgar became the first Democrat in decades to win a Delco district. That was in the 70's by the way. Don't remember Trump being a factor in that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
Flipped dozens (and counting) of local offices across the country, including Delaware County PA for the first time in 150 years,
I grew up in Delco, the county has been having a large influx of folks from Philly (i.e. Democrats) for years, especially of late. This flip has been in the works for the last decade, if not longer. I remember when Bob Edgar became the first Democrat in decades to win a Delco district. That was in the 70's by the way. Don't remember Trump being a factor in that.
Also:
The election wasn’t all good news for Democrats. While liberal activists were toasting historic victories in populous southeastern Pennsylvania on Tuesday night, Republicans were simultaneously raising a glass for first-ever wins in the western part of the state.

The GOP took the majority in Washington County’s local government for the first time this century. It also scored a rare triumph on the Johnstown City Council and flipped county commissions in Greene, Armstrong and Westmoreland counties in the west — where Trump’s strength runs deep.

“This affirms that Trump will be formidable in 2020,” said Democratic Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, who was formerly mayor of a hardscrabble steel town in western Pennsylvania. “It’s wonderful that we have Delaware County for the first time since the Civil War, but Washington County just went red for the first time in over 100 years.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/0 ... ump-067078
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:
I’ve lived in Delco since 2002:
In November 2002, there were 104,000 more registered Republicans than Democrats. By 2009, that lead had narrowed to only 13,500. Democrats took the lead for the first time in 2013, and outnumbered Republicans in Delaware County by 33,000 at the end of October, according to the Pennsylvania Department of State.
https://whyy.org/articles/in-historic-w ... ean-sweep/
2002-current nothing to do with Donald Trump.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

So does this count as another "Orange Man Bad" thread, or not? Asking for a friend.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Except Mississippi.
...and to be honest Kentucky too. The former Gov was the least popular governor in the country by a wide margin, but all other statewide elected offices remained red and they even flipped the AG office to a black Conk. :nod:

Bevin just needs to not concede and pretend he won the election. That seems to be the rage now-a-days. :lol:
1st Republican Attorney General in KY in 70 yrs..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That guy was an ass. He should've been defeated by more than 5k votes.

Meanwhile Trump is the reason Republicans win but not the reason they lose? If he had to "drag him across the finish line" why spend your political capital on him? :suspicious: :suspicious:

That's like when football players thank Jesus when they score a TD but not when they fumble the ball. :coffee:

Oh, I'm an atheist? That's news to me. Pray tell, what else do you know about me that I don't?

And IT's good to see that you ignored to substance of the post and went straight to a personal attack. :thumb: You must be an avid church goer.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Baldy wrote: ...and to be honest Kentucky too. The former Gov was the least popular governor in the country by a wide margin, but all other statewide elected offices remained red and they even flipped the AG office to a black Conk. :nod:

Bevin just needs to not concede and pretend he won the election. That seems to be the rage now-a-days. :lol:
1st Republican Attorney General in KY in 70 yrs..
Yeah...but he's black so he's probably a Democrat plant. Right?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
In November 2002, there were 104,000 more registered Republicans than Democrats. By 2009, that lead had narrowed to only 13,500. Democrats took the lead for the first time in 2013, and outnumbered Republicans in Delaware County by 33,000 at the end of October, according to the Pennsylvania Department of State.
What caused the influx of Democrats?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

Same thing that causes it everywhere. They vote to raise taxes, get hit with high taxes, and move to a lower taxed district....then vote to raise taxes.… :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
Same thing that causes it everywhere. They vote to raise taxes, get hit with high taxes, and move to a lower taxed district....then vote to raise taxes.… :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
That's certainly part of it, and it was just a matter of people wanting to move out of the city. I love Philly, but it's like any big city - there are places nice to live, and there are places that are the dumps. West Philly butts up against Delco and it's not really a stretch to move a couple of miles and no longer be in the city. Eastern Delco is basically like West Philly anyway, just with better schools and less shootings. Oh, and much lower taxes as well. That city wage tax is brutal. I may move into the city when the kids are all grown up, but we're certainly not going to move into West Philly.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Hmmmmm. I wonder who the least popular Senator is. Could it also be a Kentuckian?
Spoiler: show
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/46900 ... le-in-2020
Pelosi and Schumer are just as unpopular, and they ain't going anywhere either. :coffee:
It's President Pelosi, bitch. :tothehand:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That guy was an ass. He should've been defeated by more than 5k votes.

Compared to most Christians, you're probably right.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

SDHornet wrote:So does this count as another "Orange Man Bad" thread, or not? Asking for a friend.
He's an asshole, but we all know that. 2020 is what will matter.