Hey 93...You may be able to bring the BumpStock out of hiding soon

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Hey 93...You may be able to bring the BumpStock out of hiding soon

Post by Col Hogan »

BATF is squirming in court, having been caught issuing an illegal law...Administrative agencies of the Executive cannot issue laws that are counter to the Legislative Branch...

Their recent Bump-Stock ban law is going to fall...but right now, it’s fun watching an Executive Branch agency take heat for trying to do Legislative stuff...

I know, they did it because Trump ordered them to do it...but as we know from lots of case law, “I was just following orders” isn’t a defense for doing illegal stuff...Now, it’s up to the 10th Circuit Court to strike the final blow...
This case is not about whether gun control is a good idea. Rather, Mr. Aposhian’s appeal raises key issues about how an agency may create such a ban—that is, whether agency regulations may contradict a statute passed by Congress. The appeal also challenges the notion that a mere interpretive rule can bind third parties, such as owners of bump stocks.

“The bump stock rule made it a new federal crime to own a bump stock, even one purchased with ATF’s prior permission. ATF knows it didn’t have the authority to enact such a law. Instead of defending the rule, ATF now pretends the ban is just a recommendation for the public. NCLA is confident the court will see through ATF’s games and strike down this invalid rule.” —Caleb Kruckenberg, Litigation Counsel

“ATF is caught between a rock and a hard place. The agency lacks legal authority to issue a so-called legislative rule, but a mere interpretive rule is not legally allowed to bind any third parties outside the government. By ordering half a million bump stock owners to surrender their devices—or face prosecution—ATF has acted in a completely unconstitutional fashion. It is high time for the federal courts to put a stop to this regulatory nonsense.”
—Mark Chenoweth, Executive Director and General Counsel
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/atf-admi ... soc_trk=tw

I would love to see this as the beginning of the end of the Administrative State...laws should only come from Congress...make them do their job...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Hey 93...You may be able to bring the BumpStock out of hiding soon

Post by Winterborn »

What bumpstock.... :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I actually sold mine to the state (cue the tomatoes). I was never going to use it again after perfecting my from-the-shoulder bump firing with my O-PAP anyway.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Didn't work on my 12 gauge pump. :oops:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:Didn't work on my 12 gauge pump. :oops:
You need to pump faster.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:I actually sold mine to the state (cue the tomatoes). I was never going to use it again after perfecting my from-the-shoulder bump firing with my O-PAP anyway.
Make sure you properly clean your O-PAP. It can develop all sorts of bacteria if you don't.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote:What bumpstock.... :coffee:
This. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff2 wrote:How many hours a day do you Conks obsess about guns?

:coffee:
Zero. How many hours a day do you donks obsess about conks obsessing about guns?

A fuckton. :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Not even close. 13-3.
Federal court strikes down Trump-era bump stock ban
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federa ... -stock-ban
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:59 pm
Winterborn wrote:What bumpstock.... :coffee:
The simple solution is to move all semi-auto guns that can hold more than six rounds into the same BATF category as machine guns. :coffee:

No second amendment issues, better screening of applicants, average citizens can still carry plenty of firepower without going through the more rigorous background chieck if they choose. Win/win situation and the wackadoodles are kept further away from the most popular mass-shooting models. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:59 am

The simple solution is to move all semi-auto guns that can hold more than six rounds into the same BATF category as machine guns. :coffee:

No second amendment issues, better screening of applicants, average citizens can still carry plenty of firepower without going through the more rigorous background chieck if they choose. Win/win situation and the wackadoodles are kept further away from the most popular mass-shooting models. :thumb:
It would have to be passed by Congress, and Congress wouldn’t ever pass that, because the donks would need to control the House, 60 votes in the Senate, and the WH.

And if the ATF even tried something as lunatic as that on their own, most of the 115 million law abiding gun owners would give the finger to the ATF even before it got to SCOTUS and they struck it down. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:23 am

It would have to be passed by Congress, and Congress wouldn’t ever pass that, because the donks would need to control the House, 60 votes in the Senate, and the WH.

And if the ATF even tried something as lunatic as that on their own, most of the 115 million law abiding gun owners would give the finger to the ATF even before it got to SCOTUS and they struck it down. :nod:
Well, you can't go shooting geese with more than three rounds in your gun. Surely you agree that school kids deserve as much sporting chance as geese? :?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:37 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:23 am

Well, you can't go shooting geese with more than three rounds in your gun. Surely you agree that school kids deserve as much sporting chance as geese? :?
I’ll agree with you…as soon as you can find a reference to hunting in the Constitution…
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Col Hogan wrote:
houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:37 am Well, you can't go shooting geese with more than three rounds in your gun. Surely you agree that school kids deserve as much sporting chance as geese? :?
I’ll agree with you…as soon as you can find a reference to hunting in the Constitution…
It’s right next to the part in the Constitution that says “muskets.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Agreed
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:19 pm

Agreed
Simpler solution. Just eliminate the ATF. Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a govt agency.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:15 pm
Col Hogan wrote: I’ll agree with you…as soon as you can find a reference to hunting in the Constitution…
It’s right next to the part in the Constitution that says “muskets.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The prey deserves a sporting chance if you're not hunting meat for the table - whats wrong with these gun cunts? Might as well shoot tame quail on the ground like Dickey C. :ohno: