Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Chinese Trade War

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:16 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:23 pm

It was never a short term play. But you do you.
And don't tell that to blue collar Americans, and Team Brown and black who have never seen lower this kind of unprecedented unemployment numbers and wage growth (pre-China Virus of course). :coffee:
As has been noted many times before the wage growth and unemployment decline that led to those low numbers was firmly in place before Trump took office. This is and always has been rooster claiming credit for the sunrise stuff. In any case it doesn't change things with respect to China. He was never going to win a trade war with China. It was stupid for him to start one.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:33 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:23 pm
It was never a short term play. But you do you.
It doesn't matter whether it was short term or long term. It didn't work and it was never going to work.
And Trump was bad, evil, wicked meanie and everything he did was wrong and a failure. There were absolutely no positive accomplishments during his administration. He will go down in history as the worst human being that ever lived. He is worse than Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Kalm, and Ghengis Khan combined. ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:49 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:16 pm

And don't tell that to blue collar Americans, and Team Brown and black who have never seen lower this kind of unprecedented unemployment numbers and wage growth (pre-China Virus of course). :coffee:
As has been noted many times before the wage growth and unemployment decline that led to those low numbers was firmly in place before Trump took office. This is and always has been rooster claiming credit for the sunrise stuff. In any case it doesn't change things with respect to China. He was never going to win a trade war with China. It was stupid for him to start one.
As has been noted many times before, if breaking decades-old economic records left and right were so easy, why couldn't’ any president in my lifetime do it until Trump?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:24 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:49 pm

As has been noted many times before, if breaking decades-old economic records left and right were so easy, why couldn't’ any president in my lifetime do it until Trump?
Good grief. He didn't break economic records left and right. He took over an economy where unemployment was declining and we were in a persistent, low growth pattern. The pattern continued. Giving Trump credit for things like having the declining unemployment rate continue, particularly when job growth slowed after he took office, is absurd.

And saying HE was responsible for the longest period of economic growth (albeit slow) because he presided during the last three years of it is also absurd.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:49 pm Good grief. He didn't break economic records left and right. He took over an economy where unemployment was declining and we were in a persistent, low growth pattern. The pattern continued. Giving Trump credit for things like having the declining unemployment rate continue, particularly when job growth slowed after he took office, is absurd.

And saying HE was responsible for the longest period of economic growth (albeit slow) because he presided during the last three years of it is also absurd.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:49 pm

Good grief. He didn't break economic records left and right. He took over an economy where unemployment was declining and we were in a persistent, low growth pattern. The pattern continued. Giving Trump credit for things like having the declining unemployment rate continue, particularly when job growth slowed after he took office, is absurd.

Mmm Kay.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Trump squeezed the faucet of illegal labor coming across the border more so than any other POUTS in my lifetime, and you think it had no impact on employment and wages?

Your stupidity knows no bounds.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 pm

Trump squeezed the faucet of illegal labor coming across the border more so than any other POUTS in my lifetime, and you think it had no impact on employment and wages?

The job creation rate declined.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:06 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:33 pm

It doesn't matter whether it was short term or long term. It didn't work and it was never going to work.
And Trump was bad, evil, wicked meanie and everything he did was wrong and a failure. There were absolutely no positive accomplishments during his administration. He will go down in history as the worst human being that ever lived. He is worse than Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Kalm, and Ghengis Khan combined. ;)
I'm sure he won't be viewed in the light of history as being near as bad as Hitler et al., but I'm pretty confident he's going to go down in history as being the worst President the United States has had to this point.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:47 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 pm

The rate at which neurons in my brain fire has declined precipitously since mid- 2016.

Now the same few neurons are firing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and so on ...
FYP
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:06 pm

I'm sure he won't be viewed in the light of history as being near as bad as Hitler et al., but I'm pretty confident he's going to go down in history as being the worst President the United States has had to this point.
Not even the worst in the last 12 years. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

So... the Biden Administration is entrenching the tariffs on China

Gina Raimondo went on MSNBC and defended the Trump tariffs and said that the data shows they have been working - the objective is to punish China’s predatory trade practices

JSO hardest hit, I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:35 am So... the Biden Administration is entrenching the tariffs on China

Gina Raimondo went on MSNBC and defended the Trump tariffs and said that the data shows they have been working - the objective is to punish China’s predatory trade practices

JSO hardest hit, I guess

:lol: :lol: :lol: :coffee: :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:35 am So... the Biden Administration is entrenching the tariffs on China

JSO hardest hit, I guess

Welp, this makes another thread that he will stop posting in. :lol: :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Another "L" for JSO. :lol: