Not The Onion

Political discussions
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Not The Onion

Post by Baldy »

This may have been posted before, but I don't have the time to search.

Bees are racist and pollen is a hate crime. :?

'Hate crime' against S.C. mayor turns out to be pollen
The mayor of a small town in South Carolina remains adamant that she was targeted in a hate crime despite police determining that the yellow substance found all over the car was pollen.

Darnell Byrd McPherson, the mayor of Lamar, told Newsweek that she filed a police report on Feb. 7 claiming that a “yellow, sticky substance” had been found all over her’s and her husband’s cars.

“I likened it as a hate crime because No. 1, there’s a history in our town of Lamar,” she said.

In a statement to a local ABC affiliate, Ms. McPherson claimed that during the 1970s, “crosses were burned in the yard of our home when my Mother was involved with the civil rights movement. On this very same corner in this very same front yard!”

Ms. McPherson complained that police never took a sample of the substance on their cars before they were cleaned the next day.

“The substance wasn’t saved and the cars were actually cleaned — pressure-washed twice — there was no substance, and so they didn’t have it for the investigation,” the mayor told Newsweek.

“It’s something,” she said. “Something that’s sticky that’s stuck to my car and took two different solutions to get it off.”

Darlington County Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Robby Kilgo told Newsweek that the substance was determined to be pollen.

“We found it to be pollen,” he said. “There was no reason for us to collect a sample.”

Ms. McPherson insisted that the incident was some form of targeted vandalism and had
Ibanez...these are your people. :dunce: :ohno:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Not The Onion

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote:This may have been posted before, but I don't have the time to search.

The mayor of a small town in South Carolina remains adamant that she was targeted in a hate crime despite police determining that the yellow substance found all over the car was pollen.

Darnell Byrd McPherson, the mayor of Lamar, told Newsweek that she filed a police report on Feb. 7 claiming that a “yellow, sticky substance” had been found all over her’s and her husband’s cars.

“I likened it as a hate crime because No. 1, there’s a history in our town of Lamar,” she said.

In a statement to a local ABC affiliate, Ms. McPherson claimed that during the 1970s, “crosses were burned in the yard of our home when my Mother was involved with the civil rights movement. On this very same corner in this very same front yard!”

Ms. McPherson complained that police never took a sample of the substance on their cars before they were cleaned the next day.

“The substance wasn’t saved and the cars were actually cleaned — pressure-washed twice — there was no substance, and so they didn’t have it for the investigation,” the mayor told Newsweek.

“It’s something,” she said. “Something that’s sticky that’s stuck to my car and took two different solutions to get it off.”

Darlington County Sheriff’s Office Lieutenant Robby Kilgo told Newsweek that the substance was determined to be pollen.

“We found it to be pollen,” he said. “There was no reason for us to collect a sample.”

Ms. McPherson insisted that the incident was some form of targeted vandalism and had
Nah...that's Darlington. That's trailer park people.

I'm from the Low Country. We're more refined. :king:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Not The Onion

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
Baldy wrote:This may have been posted before, but I don't have the time to search.

Or at least the coagulative properties of your blood serum are more refined
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Or at least the coagulative properties of your blood serum are more refined
Darlington is full of meth heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Fetuses aren't people with rights, but they can internalize society's notions of gender. :dunce:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Pwns wrote: Fetuses aren't people with rights, but they can internalize society's notions of gender. :dunce:
That's a damn smart 'clump of cells'. :ugeek:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote:
Pwns wrote: Fetuses aren't people with rights, but they can internalize society's notions of gender. :dunce:
One case study by one person (who's an "education researcher with an interest in Women's Studies") does not allow someone to claim it as fact. And she doesn't; she simply states her personal findings.

I'm not dismissing this as invalid, but it's one body of work. And she's neither a biologist, psychologist, chemist, or a professor of any scientific or medical field. And looking online, this is literally her only published piece. It takes researchers with various backgrounds to draw up solid conclusions, especially in research which involves everything from cellular structures to human psychology.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
All this means is you knew you were a dick before you were even born.

:mrgreen:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: That's a damn smart 'clump of cells'. :ugeek:

:nod:

Better than a smug prick every time. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: That's a damn smart 'clump of cells'. :ugeek:

LAWL

a clever funnay you did there

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Jussie Smollett is nominated for an NAACP Award, and host Anthony Anderson hopes he wins
Amazing. :rofl:

Just days after the prosecutors dropped all charges against Jussie Smollett, who had been indicted on 16 counts of disorderly conduct, the "Empire" actor could again make headlines.

Smollett is nominated for the 2019 NAACP Image Awards, scheduled for Saturday. Six-time host and "Black-ish" star Anthony Anderson told Variety on Wednesday that he hopes to see the controversial actor there.

:lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Baldy wrote:Jussie Smollett is nominated for an NAACP Award, and host Anthony Anderson hopes he wins

Just days after the prosecutors dropped all charges against Jussie Smollett, who had been indicted on 16 counts of disorderly conduct, the "Empire" actor could again make headlines.

Smollett is nominated for the 2019 NAACP Image Awards, scheduled for Saturday. Six-time host and "Black-ish" star Anthony Anderson told Variety on Wednesday that he hopes to see the controversial actor there.

So you're saying that being cleared of all charges is good..? (Right..?)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Chizzang wrote:
Baldy wrote:Jussie Smollett is nominated for an NAACP Award, and host Anthony Anderson hopes he wins

Sometimes. Maybe.

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Chizzang wrote:

It is, especially if you are the one who is charged. However, in this case, the charges were dropped. There is a big difference between the two. :nod:

Plus, he still has major issues with the Feds.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Chizzang wrote:

There is a difference between clearing one of all charges and declining to prosecute despite overwhelming evidence of guilt.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CitadelGrad wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
There is a difference between clearing one of all charges and declining to prosecute despite overwhelming evidence of guilt.
it's a travesty the way rich people get treated differently by our justice system...

:ohno:

Robert Kraft Jesse Smollette OJ Simpson
I heard they aren't even gonna throw Hilary Clinton in jail and she kills people almost every day
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Chizzang wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
it's a travesty the way rich people get treated differently by our justice system...

:ohno:

Robert Kraft Jesse Smollette OJ Simpson
I heard they aren't even gonna throw Hilary Clinton in jail and she kills people almost every day
I wouldn't include Kraft in that group. He just tried to get his dick tugged a little. No biggie. The crimes of the others are much more serious.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gotta watch dem southron bees...bet they have segregated hives...
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Oh JFC!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
Oh JFC!
If anybody ever really needed any evidence that religions are pretty much just stupid
well here it is...

Lets make up stuff a thousand years ago
and see how many idiots are still doing it a hundred decades later

:suspicious:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
kalm wrote:
Oh JFC!
If anybody ever really needed any evidence that religions are pretty much just stupid
well here it is...

Sad, too. She's super-fine, but we'll never know. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
well here it is...

Imagine what it would take to convince women to start wearing a bag over their entire body today ?

You need to wear a bag because I can't control myself if I see what you look like

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Imagine what it would take to convince women to start wearing a bag over their entire body today ?

You need to wear a bag because I can't control myself if I see what you look like

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Shit, I thought it was Omar. You SOB!

Trips’ pin-up girl. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.