Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Stupid Things Ocasio-Cortez Says: Megathread

Post by Pwns »

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/25/ocas ... -children/

Well, AOC brings up the issue of climate change and the morality of having children. Agree if her if you want, but this just shows how politically not astute she is. There's a reason politicians don't dare ever utter the word "overpopulation" regardless of how much truth there might be to it. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
We're swerving off topic but I went through a big thing of looking at economic analysis on States giving tax breaks and subsidies to sports franchises for stadiums some years back and came away thinking it's not a good investment. Here's one recent discussion that is similar to things I read back when I was looking into it (because Louisiana was subsidizing upgrades for the Saints):

https://research.stlouisfed.org/publica ... -stadiums/
Using Bernanke as your economist of choice does NOT help your argument. Phoenix has very similar photos of what the warehouse district looked like before and after Chase Field & America West Arena were built. It’s a thriving, bustling Southtown now, whereas before it was crackhead central. Best money the taxpayers ever spent. Then they went and added a light rail and fucked the whole thing up. :ohno: :ohno:
Light rail has helped downtown more than Chase Field...

:coffee:
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

I still love how triggered Old Straight White Men over AOC.
:thumb:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

dbackjon wrote:I still love how triggered Old Straight White Men over AOC.
They always get triggered over things that they can't control.

Go Black Bears!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote:https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/25/ocas ... -children/

Well, AOC brings up the issue of climate change and the morality of having children. Agree if her if you want, but this just shows how politically not astute she is. There's a reason politicians don't dare ever utter the word "overpopulation" regardless of how much truth there might be to it. :lol:
"Our planet is going to hit disaster if we don't turn this ship around and so it's basically like, there's a scientific consensus that the lives of children are going to be very difficult. And it does lead, I think, young people to have a legitimate question, you know, 'Is it okay to still have children?'"

On Feinstein’s response to the brainwashed kids:
"This idea that 'I've been working on this for x-amount of years,' um, it's like not good enough. Like, we need a universal sense of urgency, and people are like trying to introduce watered-down proposals that are frankly going to kill us. A lack of urgency is going to kill us."

Ban airtravel, ban non electric cars, regulate cow farts, have trains across the ocean, and now um basically like you know ban kids, or um like we’re all going to die.
:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
#dumberthanaboxofrocks
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

mainejeff wrote:

You two must love her. She’s a political Lady Gaga. :coffee:

Actually, Gaga is quite smart.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Old Straight White Men "triggered" over AOC...

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Using Bernanke as your economist of choice does NOT help your argument. Phoenix has very similar photos of what the warehouse district looked like before and after Chase Field & America West Arena were built. It’s a thriving, bustling Southtown now, whereas before it was crackhead central. Best money the taxpayers ever spent. Then they went and added a light rail and fucked the whole thing up. :ohno: :ohno:
Light rail has helped downtown more than Chase Field...

Wrong. Chase Field/Talking Stick Arena vastly pre-date light rail....now, there's been MORE development because of light rail but the true instigator of redevelopment was Jerry Colangelo and the Suns/DBacks... :nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote:
Pwns wrote:https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/25/ocas ... -children/

"Our planet is going to hit disaster if we don't turn this ship around and so it's basically like, there's a scientific consensus that the lives of children are going to be very difficult. And it does lead, I think, young people to have a legitimate question, you know, 'Is it okay to still have children?'"

On Feinstein’s response to the brainwashed kids:
"This idea that 'I've been working on this for x-amount of years,' um, it's like not good enough. Like, we need a universal sense of urgency, and people are like trying to introduce watered-down proposals that are frankly going to kill us. A lack of urgency is going to kill us."

Ban airtravel, ban non electric cars, regulate cow farts, have trains across the ocean, and now um basically like you know ban kids, or um like we’re all going to die.
:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
#dumberthanaboxofrocks
I um, like, you know, don't like her, you know? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
@AOC is #dumberthanaboxofrocks
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
Old Straight White Men "triggered" over AOC...

There’s two separate and quickly growing threads about her on the main page here and she is all over my conk friends FB newsfeeds. And I mean she’s everywhere....

She’s putting Hillary to shame...she’s like gawdammed Bin Laden/Saddam/Koepernick female super villain!

:lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:There’s two separate and quickly growing threads about her on the main page here and she is all over my conk friends FB newsfeeds. And I mean she’s everywhere....

She’s putting Hillary to shame...she’s like gawdammed Bin Laden/Saddam/Koepernick female super villain!

Search found 9917 matches: hillary

And maybe I wasn't clear above. The posts about AOC are people laughing at her. Triggered is definitely the wrong word. Folks here were angered by Hillary.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Stupid Things Ocasio-Cortez Says: Megathread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff wrote:

If we wanted to control her it wouldn't be hard at all with somebody that stupid. We really don't care it's just hilarious that anyone would want that dumb cunt to represent them.

Please keep it up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:There’s two separate and quickly growing threads about her on the main page here and she is all over my conk friends FB newsfeeds. And I mean she’s everywhere....

Search found 9917 matches: hillary

And maybe I wasn't clear above. The posts about AOC are people laughing at her. Triggered is definitely the wrong word. Folks here were angered by Hillary.
She’s more subversive and dangerous to the status quo than Paul Revere, Chief Joseph, Huey Lomg, Lenny Bruce, and Sharon Stone’s beaver combined!

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Old Straight White Men "triggered" over AOC...

There’s two separate and quickly growing threads about her on the main page here and she is all over my conk friends FB newsfeeds. And I mean she’s everywhere....

I guess I’ll put you in the same camp as me -

not concerned at all that any of her proposals will ever see the light of day

BTW- do you think she’ll vote for a compromise Lesser Green Deal? Or is she not that nuanced? I know you don’t like un-nuanced people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: There’s two separate and quickly growing threads about her on the main page here and she is all over my conk friends FB newsfeeds. And I mean she’s everywhere....

Hillary was in it for herself, in a dark corner of capitalism.
AOC is in it for the end of capitalism.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote: There’s two separate and quickly growing threads about her on the main page here and she is all over my conk friends FB newsfeeds. And I mean she’s everywhere....

Hillary was in it for herself, in a dark corner of capitalism.
O...M...G!

She wants to end capitalism!

Has anyone told Saab, IKEA, and Volvo!!!
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Old Straight White Men "triggered" over AOC...

"Triggered" implies getting offended by someone and usually wanting them silenced.

Literally every Republican running for office next year is hoping this woman will keep running her mouth. :nod:

When it comes down to it, there's really no difference between the attention she gets and that people like Louie Gohmert or Michelle Bachmann get for the dumb things they say, except Ocasio-Cortez has been in congress about a month and already has more laughable soundbites than the two of them put together. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Hillary was in it for herself, in a dark corner of capitalism.
O...M...G!

She wants to end capitalism!

Has anyone told Saab, IKEA, and Volvo!!!
They are playing in the 8/9 game. Winner takes on USA. :coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:
See, that's an example of the effect of the fake news coming from the right. None of that is true. The Green New deal resolution does not call for banning electric cars, regulating cow farts, trains across the ocean, or banning kids. There's a Factcheck.org assessment at https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/the-f ... -new-deal/.
Although the resolution doesn’t say anything about cows, the animal is frequently mentioned by critics of the Green New Deal. The president referenced cows twice — once in his tweet, and again in El Paso.
Some people, including the president, have said that the Green New Deal gets rid of cars or air travel. And as we’ve detailed elsewhere, some popular memes online have even suggested that the plan advocates building “trains over the oceans.”

The resolution does not call for that. It only states that transportation emissions should be reduced “as much as is technically feasible,” and suggests three ways of reaching that goal, including high-speed rail and zero-emission vehicles, which would include electric cars. There is no mention of air travel.
So on and so forth. Look, I read the Green New Deal Resolution and think it has a lot of unrealistic stuff in it. But we have, once again, the right lying about the situation. The lying by the right is out of control right now. And if you are on the right you should be objecting to it.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

She’s already admitted they posted a draft document that did, in fact, have those things in there.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:She’s already admitted they posted a draft document that did, in fact, have those things in there.
Could you provide a link? I don't think you're talking about a draft document but we'll see. I think you may be talking about them posting a "Frequently Asked Questions" page that had some jocularity in it and was spun by the right into a claim that the resolution did those things. Like for instance the Frequently Asked Questions page had the statement "...because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast.”

Bottom line is that the right is claiming that the Green New Deal resolution contains things it does not contain. The right is lying.

And, yes, I am a person on the right by historical standards. That's why what I'm seeing from the right at this time is so distressing. There is nothing worse than seeing your own side slide into dishonesty, immorality, and hypocrisy.
Could I ever be a star?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Ban airtravel, ban non[/] electric cars, regulate cow farts, have trains across the ocean, and now um basically like you know ban kids, or um like we’re all going to die.

See, that's an example of the effect of the fake news coming from the right. None of that is true. The Green New deal resolution does not call for banning electric cars, regulating cow farts, trains across the ocean, or banning kids. There's a Factcheck.org assessment at https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/the-f ... -new-deal/.

Although the resolution doesn’t say anything about cows, the animal is frequently mentioned by critics of the Green New Deal. The president referenced cows twice — once in his tweet, and again in El Paso.

Some people, including the president, have said that the Green New Deal gets rid of cars or air travel. And as we’ve detailed elsewhere, some popular memes online have even suggested that the plan advocates building “trains over the oceans.”

The resolution does not call for that. It only states that transportation emissions should be reduced “as much as is technically feasible,” and suggests three ways of reaching that goal, including high-speed rail and zero-emission vehicles, which would include electric cars. There is no mention of air travel.

So on and so forth. Look, I read the Green New Deal Resolution and think it has a lot of unrealistic stuff in it. But we have, once again, the right lying about the situation. The lying by the right is out of control right now. And if you are on the right you should be objecting to it.

The original document that was initially posted by OCD’s office, and taken down (think within 24 hours after all the ridicule) did call for getting rid of NON electric cars (internal combustion engine), getting rid of air travel, trains across the oceans, regulating cow emissions and paying people unwilling to work. You obviously weren’t paying attention.
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... 0#p1231067
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

The original document that was initially posted by OCD’s office, and taken down (think within 24 hours after all the ridicule) did call for getting rid of NON electric cars (internal combustion engine), getting rid of air travel, trains across the oceans, regulating cow emissions and paying people unwilling to work. You obviously weren’t paying attention.
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... 0#p1231067
As I suspected, that is the "Frequently Asked Questions" page. It is not the resolution, original document or otherwise.
Could I ever be a star?

mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

As I said......triggered.

:nod:

Go Black Bears!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote:
kalm wrote:

"Triggered" implies getting offended by someone and usually wanting them silenced.

Literally every Republican running for office next year is hoping this woman will keep running her mouth. :nod:

When it comes down to it, there's really no difference between the attention she gets and that people like Louie Gohmert or Michelle Bachmann get for the dumb things they say, except Ocasio-Cortez has been in congress about a month and already has more laughable soundbites than the two of them put together. :lol:
Post ‘em up and we can compare. You could be right. :thumb: