Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Stupid Things Ocasio-Cortez Says: Megathread

Post by Pwns »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsand ... ed-message

You'd think the Democrats would give more time to their rising star and a "strawng woman of cullah™ " who the GOP supposedly fears so much. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsand ... ed-message

You'd think the Democrats would give more time to their rising star and a "strawng woman of cullahImage " who the GOP supposedly fears so much. :lol:
You can fit a LOT of progressive unicorns into 60 seconds

Just get Michael Stipe to write the speech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AOC posted this on Wednesday and got blasted by many for living in relative luxury instead of helping her abuela.
So Matt Walsh started a gofundme for her abuela Sadly, virtue-signaling isn’t going to fix abuela’s roof. So we are.

:lol: :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:37 am AOC posted this on Wednesday and got blasted by many for living in relative luxury instead of helping her abuela.
So Matt Walsh started a gofundme for her abuela Sadly, virtue-signaling isn’t going to fix abuela’s roof. So we are.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know who Matt Walsh is but that's an epic response. :clap:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:17 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:37 am AOC posted this on Wednesday and got blasted by many for living in relative luxury instead of helping her abuela.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know who Matt Walsh is but that's an epic response. :clap:
"unable....for whatever reason..." that's some epic passive aggressiveness right there...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:17 pm

It was up to $104,000 before gofundme shut it down because they had contacted the recipient and were told the recipient would not accept the money.

AOC missed an opportunity here. She should have come back and said my abuela doesn't need the money but I challenge your followers and mine to raise money to help people in Puerto Rico. I bet they could have raised $1 million or more. But she couldn't virtue signal by doing that.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Senior Democratic leaders issued a unified statement Thursday, denouncing comments made by Minnesota Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar when she compared U.S. and Israeli "war crimes" to actions by the Taliban and Hamas.

The statement was part of an internecine war of words within the Democratic Party, with some leftist members of the caucus supporting Omar against attacks by the leadership.

Omar issued a statement Thursday clarifying her comments after she was met with a flood of criticism from not only Republicans on the Hill, but from members of her own party.

"To be clear: the conversation was about accountability for specific incidents regarding those ICC (International Criminal Court) cases, not a moral comparison between Hamas and the Taliban and the U.S. and Israel," Omar said Thursday.

"I was in no way equating terrorist organizations with democratic countries with well-established judicial systems," she added.

In a statement led by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and joined by five other elected House Democratic leaders, the top officials thanked Omar for her clarification but warned against making drastic comparisons.

"Drawing false equivalencies between democracies like the U.S. and Israel and groups that engage in terrorism like Hamas and the Taliban foments prejudice and undermines progress toward a future of peace and security for all," the group wrote.

"We welcome the clarification by Congresswoman Omar that there is no moral equivalency between the U.S. and Israel and Hamas and the Taliban," the statement concluded.

The immense backlash came after the congresswoman questioned Secretary of State Antony Blinken during a House Foreign Affairs Committee about ICC investigations into U.S. and Israeli actions in Afghanistan and the Palestinian territories.

She later posted a tweet of their exchange and said, "We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban," wrote Omar. "I asked @SecBlinken where people are supposed to go for justice."

Some left-wing Democrats lined up with Omar.

New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez condemned the attacks from fellow Democrats, calling them a "mischaracterization" and dangerous.

"Pretty sick & tired of the constant vilification, intentional mischaracterization, and public targeting of Rep. Ilhan Omar coming from our caucus," she said.

"They have no concept for the danger they put her in by skipping private conversations & leaping to fueling targeted news cycles around her."

Fellow "squaders" Rep. Ayanna Pressley and Rep. Cori Bush also threw their support behind Omar Thursday.
I find it so hypocritically hilarious that the bolded parts are EXACTLY what the Dem Leadership AND AOC and her squad of losers did to DJT for more than four years, from the day he became a viable threat to them. They drew ridiculous false equivalencies, equating him with Hitler, a Nazi, the devil, etc., etc; all because they disagreed with his policies/approach and did it ALL by skipping private conversations and shooting for targeted news cycles to get the most bang for their rhetoric buck.

So fucking satisfying to watch the chickens come home to roost here. There is about to be a major implosion of the Dem party and it is going to be so fucking fun to watch.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:57 pm
Senior Democratic leaders issued a unified statement Thursday, denouncing comments made by Minnesota Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar when she compared U.S. and Israeli "war crimes" to actions by the Taliban and Hamas.

The statement was part of an internecine war of words within the Democratic Party, with some leftist members of the caucus supporting Omar against attacks by the leadership.

Omar issued a statement Thursday clarifying her comments after she was met with a flood of criticism from not only Republicans on the Hill, but from members of her own party.

"To be clear: the conversation was about accountability for specific incidents regarding those ICC (International Criminal Court) cases, not a moral comparison between Hamas and the Taliban and the U.S. and Israel," Omar said Thursday.

"I was in no way equating terrorist organizations with democratic countries with well-established judicial systems," she added.

In a statement led by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and joined by five other elected House Democratic leaders, the top officials thanked Omar for her clarification but warned against making drastic comparisons.

"Drawing false equivalencies between democracies like the U.S. and Israel and groups that engage in terrorism like Hamas and the Taliban foments prejudice and undermines progress toward a future of peace and security for all," the group wrote.

"We welcome the clarification by Congresswoman Omar that there is no moral equivalency between the U.S. and Israel and Hamas and the Taliban," the statement concluded.

The immense backlash came after the congresswoman questioned Secretary of State Antony Blinken during a House Foreign Affairs Committee about ICC investigations into U.S. and Israeli actions in Afghanistan and the Palestinian territories.

She later posted a tweet of their exchange and said, "We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban," wrote Omar. "I asked @SecBlinken where people are supposed to go for justice."

New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez condemned the attacks from fellow Democrats, calling them a "mischaracterization" and dangerous.

"Pretty sick & tired of the constant vilification, intentional mischaracterization, and public targeting of Rep. Ilhan Omar coming from our caucus," she said.

"They have no concept for the danger they put her in by skipping private conversations & leaping to fueling targeted news cycles around her."

Fellow "squaders" Rep. Ayanna Pressley and Rep. Cori Bush also threw their support behind Omar Thursday.
I find it so hypocritically hilarious that the bolded parts are EXACTLY what the Dem Leadership AND AOC and her squad of losers did to DJT for more than four years, from the day he became a viable threat to them. They drew ridiculous false equivalencies, equating him with Hitler, a Nazi, the devil, etc., etc; all because they disagreed with his policies/approach and did it ALL by skipping private conversations and shooting for targeted news cycles to get the most bang for their rhetoric buck.

So fucking satisfying to watch the chickens come home to roost here. There is about to be a major implosion of the Dem party and it is going to be so fucking fun to watch.

If the Ds are serious they should remove Omar from her Committee assignments.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:36 pm

She is in the perfect spot for her abilities. :coffee: :twisted:

Has any member of Congress been removed from their Committee assignments in the last 10 years for something they said?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:39 pm

Has any member of Congress been removed from their Committee assignments in the last 10 years for something they said?
Huh? MTG was just a few months ago..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Self reflection is hard!
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

As BDK noted MTG. Steve King also. Both are why I suggested she should be removed.

Honestly I don't really care. I think removing members from committee assignments is stupid. If the people want to elect them so be it. But the Ds do a lot of hand wringing over the two mentioned so it seems only fair.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:36 pm

The Democrats should've censored the Congresswoman by now. There's no excuse. :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:36 pm

I did not realize that she was actually censured.

I rarely keep up with what all the congressional critters say and if their is any fallout from their actions because it so rarely happens.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:10 am

As BDK noted MTG. Steve King also. Both are why I suggested she should be removed.

Honestly I don't really care. I think removing members from committee assignments is stupid. If the people want to elect them so be it. But the Ds do a lot of hand wringing over the two mentioned so it seems only fair.
Me either, which is why as I noted above that I didn't even know MTG was removed. I see it as just playing lip service to the rules and as stick to those that step too far out of the ever shifting acceptable line and party politics.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

There really should be separate threads for each member of the Squat, starting with Omar the Turbanmaker.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

:lol:

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:24 am
That is :rofl: but the people shouting her down are almost as stupid as she is.
  • We didn't start the war, Putin did.
  • There are as many or more Nazis in Russia (hell Wagner) as there are in Ukraine.
  • I'm sure that there would have been Brits who would have felt the same way if Chamberlain had stood up to Hitler rather than appeased him.
There are no easy answers to how to respond to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. There are risks involved with doing nothing and there are risks involved with assisting Ukraine.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

She did?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:37 am
That is :rofl: but the people shouting her down are almost as stupid as she is.
  • There are as many or more Nazis in Russia (hell Wagner) as there are in Ukraine.
  • I'm sure that there would have been Brits who would have felt the same way if Chamberlain had stood up to Hitler rather than appeased him.
There are no easy answers to how to respond to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. There are risks involved with doing nothing and there are risks involved with assisting Ukraine.
She got wrecked. And we have no diplomatic obligation to assist Ukraine as we have no formal defense treaty with them. Details.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:37 am That is :rofl: but the people shouting her down are almost as stupid as she is.
She got wrecked. And we have no diplomatic obligation to assist Ukraine as we have no formal defense treaty with them. Details.
Thanks Neville.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:53 pm
SDHornet wrote:
Thanks Neville.

Why die for the Donbas? ;)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:40 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:53 pm Thanks Neville.

Exactly.
-If Russia were to take over all of Ukraine = very little effect on the US.
-If Russia were to get kicked out of all Ukraine = very little effect on the US

Sure I’d like to see Ukraine kick the Russians out, but we shouldn’t be sending tens of billions to Ukraine when we have an illegal immigrant invasion along with drugs pouring over our Southern border..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:03 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:40 pm
Exactly.
-If Russia were to take over all of Ukraine = very little effect on the US.
-If Russia were to get kicked out of all Ukraine = very little effect on the US

Sure I’d like to see Ukraine kick the Russians out, but we shouldn’t be sending tens of billions to Ukraine when we have an illegal immigrant invasion along with drugs pouring over our Southern border and a former POTUS threatening national security with stolen documents.
Will Putin stop with Ukraine? Could the Baltic states be next? What about Poland?

Am I and others being overdramatic? Is this more like Vietnam and the domino theory then Nazi Germany and Chamberlain/Churchill?