So, the abortion issue is now back in the limelight...

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: So, the abortion issue is now back in the limelight...

Post by Ibanez »

Conservatives typically vote against abortion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:43 am Are you referring to the portion where it allows citizens to bring suit against anyone suspected of getting an abortion? The legislators have deputized and given monetary incentive to the population to enforce the law and in turn distancing themselves from an enforcement responsibility. What sort of toothless garbage is that? That's some Big Government nonsense there.

Not to mention, they want to regulate what you can do to your body and then these same people get all bitchy and violent about vaccines. The hypocrisy is astounding.

And before I get labeled as something - i'm pro-life and that includes anti-death penalty
:clap:

This bill just solidifies the conk base. The movers and shakers can always secretly fly their daughters and mistresses somewhere else to take care of their mistakes.

Like Cleets once said…if men could get pregnant abortion clinics would be like Starbucks.
And Dems would likely be pro-life.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:12 pm
kalm wrote:
:clap:

This bill just solidifies the conk base. The movers and shakers can always secretly fly their daughters and mistresses somewhere else to take care of their mistakes.

Like Cleets once said…if men could get pregnant abortion clinics would be like Starbucks.
And Dems would likely be pro-life.

:lol:

That’s probably true!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Baldy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:23 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:23 pm More of a reason to remove the legislative filibuster. It's time.

Senate was never meant for the 60 vote bullsh*t, and US shouldn't be ruled by a minority mob. Time to codify abortion rights into federal law because it's clear conservative states can't protect people or their individual liberties (especially minority groups).
I did a quick search and didn't see you complain once in 2020 when the Donks used the filibuster 327 times to block Conk legislation. :suspicious:
That’s because hypocrisy is Tripz’s middle name.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Condom mandates are the fix.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:Condom mandates are the fix.
There are several methods…

1) abstain
2) birth control
3) condoms
4) pull out and pray
5) swallow
6) butt sect

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:11 pm
Gil Dobie wrote:Condom mandates are the fix.
There are several methods…

1) abstain
2) birth control
3) condoms
4) pull out and pray
5) swallow
6) butt sect

Wife and I used the rhythm method just fine until she was ready to get pregnant, then she got pregnant two months later. Of course when it was unsure, option #4 was used. :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:23 pm More of a reason to remove the legislative filibuster. It's time.

Senate was never meant for the 60 vote bullsh*t, and US shouldn't be ruled by a minority mob. Time to codify abortion rights into federal law because it's clear conservative states can't protect people or their individual liberties (especially minority groups).
:rofl:
:dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Loving the implosion of leftists on the interwebs about TX regulation of abortion to be more inline with those recently passed in Europe.

And it's not an abortion ban, it limits abortion when a heartbeat is present. Huge win for humanity, hopefully more red states sees SCOTUS' decision to not get involved and more of this common sense type of legislation is passed. :nod: :clap:

Oh, and thank you RBG for being too proud to retire under Donk rule, and thank you Trump for nominating judges with the stones to be pro-life. 8-) :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

I thought men can get pregnant. It's so hard to keep up with the Leftist talking points. :lol:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:47 pm Loving the implosion of leftists on the interwebs about TX regulation of abortion to be more inline with those recently passed in Europe.

And it's not an abortion ban, it limits abortion when a heartbeat is present. Huge win for humanity, hopefully more red states sees SCOTUS' decision to not get involved and more of this common sense type of legislation is passed. :nod: :clap:

Oh, and thank you RBG for being too proud to retire under Donk rule, and thank you Trump for nominating judges with the stones to be pro-life. 8-) :lol:
The problem I have with it isn't necessarily the restrictions on abortion. It's passing on the responsibility of enforcement from the state to the population. That's just codified cowardice. It's turned 29 million people into potential snitches against their neighbor b/c they don't approve of someone else's choices.

Note - if you read the majority opinion, the justices didn't really rule on the legality of it (Ivy, you understand this stuff better than most, is that a correct reading of the opinion)
"we stress that we do not purport to resolve definitely any jurisdictional or substantive claim in the applicants' lawsuit. In particular, this order is not based on any conclusion about the constitutionality of Texas's law."
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Biden's approval rate dips, GOP probably could have ridden out the Afghanistan thing for a while...

...and they end up mobilizing progressives and moderates. Why do conservatives hate freedom and individual liberty so much?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:19 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:47 pm Loving the implosion of leftists on the interwebs about TX regulation of abortion to be more inline with those recently passed in Europe.

The problem I have with it isn't necessarily the restrictions on abortion. It's passing on the responsibility of enforcement from the state to the population. That's just codified cowardice. It's turned 29 million people into potential snitches against their neighbor b/c they don't approve of someone else's choices.

Note - if you read the majority opinion, the justices didn't really rule on the legality of it (Ivy, you understand this stuff better than most, is that a correct reading of the opinion)
"we stress that we do not purport to resolve definitely any jurisdictional or substantive claim in the applicants' lawsuit. In particular, this order is not based on any conclusion about the constitutionality of Texas's law."
Try working a 911 call center sometime. That has always been the unofficial American national sport
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:25 am

Try working a 911 call center sometime. That has always been the unofficial American national sport
:lol: I know...that's a good point. There are volunteer Mrs. Kravitiz' across America. However this is just shielding public officials from the responsibility and accountability of enforcing something.

Seriously though - how long until the website is taken over or taken down? I'm sure Reddit and Tik Tokkers are assembling in their moms' basements as we speak, ready to submit claims against Ophelia Tush, Dick Butt, Ja'Blo Me and others...
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

In other news, hundreds of reports accusing Greg Abbott of having illegal abortions have been submitted.

:lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:45 pm Conservatives typically vote against abortion.

Typically, yes, but not in every case. CA recall candidate Kevin Faulconer is an avid pro-abort, and therefore likely not to get much traction in a week and a half. That's likely a two-man race between Larry Elder and John "The Bear" Cox, both of whom are pro-life, I believe....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Biden all throughout his life:

Biden today:
"I respect those who believe life begins in the moment of conception – I respect that. Don't agree but I respect that.”

:suspicious:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Agreed, but that's essentially what the Leftists did with the China Virus so naturally the Rightists use their methods against them and we get more sky screaming. For clarity:

I agree it's not good to have people snitching on each other for things, however in this case a human life is a stake so...meh I guess? And it's not like the unborn are free to make their own decisions. Someone has to step in to protect their lives.
I don't have a problem with people going after (non-violent measures) organizations, groups, companies, etc that encourage, fund, support, entice abortions. Get in their face and make them uncomfortable or something.

I am glad to see the Rightists using the Leftists tactics against them. Play by their rules. :nod: 8-)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: :rofl: 8-)

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

This is why the pro-choice side sucks....

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Sounds like Roe is toast.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

The US keeps going backwards.
:thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Kavanaugh was correct in asserting that the courts should revert to a neutral stance on things like abortion. Previous decisions on abortion have not been in keeping with a neutral judiciary.

As abortion is not specifically enshrined in the Constitution, then the 10th Amendment is controlling. And if the country wants abortion to not be under the control of the individual states, then there is a mechanism for that.

(It rhymes with “Amend the Constitution or STFU)

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

So you are for some states having repressive regimes, others with equality.

Like I said, this country is going backwards.
:thumb: