All Things California

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: All Things California

Post by Col Hogan »

Baldy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:40 am A very interesting and telling thread. Well worth the read. Some of the comments are just as interesting and telling.

Progressivism is a cancer. :nod:

Outstanding thread…pity is, she provides the answer to all her questions and concerns in that very first post…

“ We have the most liberal, left-wing government & population in the country”
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Col Hogan wrote:
Baldy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:40 am A very interesting and telling thread. Well worth the read. Some of the comments are just as interesting and telling.

Progressivism is a cancer. :nod:

Outstanding thread…pity is, she provides the answer to all her questions and concerns in that very first post…

Yeah somehow I get the feeling her questions are purely rhetorical and she knows it.

But she’s focused on the homeless.. and she mentions in the thread that progressives have been opposed to shelters because it is likened to warehousing people… she’s getting on the right path but she isn’t quite there

About 45% of homeless people suffer from mental illnesses. About 25% suffer from severe mental illnesses like schizophrenia. These people being on the streets is the direct result of the “humane” policy of emptying out the mental institutions and mainstreaming the ill. Most schizophrenics and other profoundly mentally ill people will only stay on their meds under continual supervision. Mainstreaming them is one of the worst things we can do for them.

There’s a middle ground between locking everybody up in Bedlam and just letting them walk the streets. But just throwing money at the situation in the name of “mental health treatment” and social workers isn’t the answer.

Homelessness has been treated for decades by the left as a poverty problem and in some cases that is true. But poverty based homelessness is almost always temporary, and people in those situations almost always take advantage of programs already available to them. Chronic homelessness almost always involves mental illness - and those are the people the tweet author sees crapping on the curb and wandering around like zombies. No amount of money or “programs” are going to help them unless they are institutionalized or otherwise compelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Attention moving companies…prepare for more business from California…
California already has some of the highest taxes in the United States and is losing residents as a result. Yet Golden State liberals aren’t deterred. They’re now pursuing a state constitutional amendment that could double California’s taxes.

The proposed amendment, ACA 11, would hike several key taxes to fund a state-level government healthcare scheme. According to the right-leaning Tax Foundation , it would increase the average household’s taxes by an astonishing $12,250.

It’s estimated that the amendment would increase state revenue by $163 billion a year, which is more revenue than California had ever seen in an entire year before 2020. (That means it’s effectively doubling the state’s taxes.)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rest ... high-taxes
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:14 pm
Col Hogan wrote:

Yeah somehow I get the feeling her questions are purely rhetorical and she knows it.

But she’s focused on the homeless.. and she mentions in the thread that progressives have been opposed to shelters because it is likened to warehousing people… she’s getting on the right path but she isn’t quite there

About 45% of homeless people suffer from mental illnesses. About 25% suffer from severe mental illnesses like schizophrenia. These people being on the streets is the direct result of the “humane” policy of emptying out the mental institutions and mainstreaming the ill. Most schizophrenics and other profoundly mentally ill people will only stay on their meds under continual supervision. Mainstreaming them is one of the worst things we can do for them.

There’s a middle ground between locking everybody up in Bedlam and just letting them walk the streets. But just throwing money at the situation in the name of “mental health treatment” and social workers isn’t the answer.

Homelessness has been treated for decades by the left as a poverty problem and in some cases that is true. But poverty based homelessness is almost always temporary, and people in those situations almost always take advantage of programs already available to them. Chronic homelessness almost always involves mental illness - and those are the people the tweet author sees crapping on the curb and wandering around like zombies. No amount of money or “programs” are going to help them unless they are institutionalized or otherwise compelled.

Outstanding post. And virtually ZERO differentiation is made between the two homeless groups when throwing piles of money at the problem.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:22 am
I was reading about that this morning.

Companies are saying it is just the cost of business shipping through the Port of LA.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:23 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:22 am
I was reading about that this morning.

Companies are saying it is just the cost of business shipping through the Port of LA.
UP responds. Also not sure why UP doesn't just have hit squads on these trains just mowing down these thieves. Yeah it costs more money, but UP is pretty much untouchable.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

And the descent into a third world country continues for Los Angeles.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:06 am And the descent into a third world country continues for Los Angeles.
This could slow down illegal immigration. Why come to the US when it's a third-world country too?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Play stupid games, win a free flight. :lol:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:51 pm Play stupid games, win a free flight. :lol:

Died of Covid..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

California trans child molester, 26, gets 2 years in juvenile facility thanks to progressive DA Gascon.
James Tubbs, Nov. 11, 2021. Tubbs, 26, just recently pleaded guilty to molesting a girl in a woman's bathroom eight years ago when she was two weeks away from turning 18. At the time of the crime, she identified as male and went by James Tubbs. She did not identify as female until after she was taken into custody, according to prosecutors.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/transgender- ... -sentenced
That is not a ‘she’. :suspicious: Even Fox goes along with this woke charade. Anyone who refers to that guy as a ‘she’ has lost their friggin mind.. :dunce:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:Play stupid games, win a free flight. :lol:

You know what was the last thing to come to his mind?

His ass

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:34 pm California trans child molester, 26, gets 2 years in juvenile facility thanks to progressive DA Gascon.
James Tubbs, Nov. 11, 2021. Tubbs, 26, just recently pleaded guilty to molesting a girl in a woman's bathroom eight years ago when she was two weeks away from turning 18. At the time of the crime, she identified as male and went by James Tubbs. She did not identify as female until after she was taken into custody, according to prosecutors.
That is not a ‘she’. :suspicious: Even Fox goes along with this woke charade. Anyone who refers to that guy as a ‘she’ has lost their friggin mind.. :dunce:
Wow. So....the LA DA prosecutes a child molester and then gets him put in JUVY!? WTF?! . Granted, he was a minor when the crime occurred (btw, how does someone just take a 10 yr old by the throat into a bathroom, in a restaurant, and nobody stop him?) but how is that just? We all know he wouldn't fare well or even survive 2 years in jail but c'mon! :ohno: :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:41 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:34 pm California trans child molester, 26, gets 2 years in juvenile facility thanks to progressive DA Gascon.

Wow. So....the LA DA prosecutes a child molester and then gets him put in JUVY!? WTF?! . Granted, he was a minor when the crime occurred (btw, how does someone just take a 10 yr old by the throat into a bathroom, in a restaurant, and nobody stop him?) but how is that just? We all know he wouldn't fare well or even survive 2 years in jail but c'mon! :ohno: :ohno:
"You know an Empire is near the end when the laws keep getting crazier and crazier."

-Some dude from ancient Rome, probably
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The goal is to turn the section at San Quentin State Prison into a “positive, healing environment.” Newsom said..

…. “We are starting the process of closing death row to repurpose and transform the current housing units into something innovative and anchored in rehabilitation,” California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokeswoman Vicky Waters told The Associated Press….
https://apnews.com/article/california-d ... be71e54649

Sounds like a great idea in the middle of a violent crime wave, provide a Club Fed environment for hardcore criminals. Maybe they can staff it with social workers..
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

And why did this take EIGHT YEARS to adjudicate? Somebody grabs MY 10 year old (when I had one) by the throat to do ANYTHING and they’re gonna be looking for their balls up around their neck.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:11 pm

And did this take EIGHT YEARS to adjudicate? Somebody grabs MY 10 year old (when I had one) by the throat to do ANYTHING and they’re gonna be looking for their balls up around their neck.
Exactly...if they find the creep at all. :twisted:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Progressive policies led to this. The folks that voted this shit in need to live in this and own. You motherfuckers are responsible for this shit.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:55 pm Progressive policies led to this. The folks that voted this shit in need to live in this and own. You motherfuckers are responsible for this shit.

Unreal.. :ohno:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:55 pm Progressive policies led to this. The folks that voted this shit in need to live in this and own. You motherfuckers are responsible for this shit.

And that dirtbag should be in jail right now for drug trafficking and attempted murder.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

So $40 is the value of someone’s life now. California deserves this shit. I hope SF sinks into the fucking ocean.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Fuck Santa Monica, CA, and their leftist, pro communist, anti American government. Using a Russian Mig 29 to to promote the flyover of the Superbowl. :ohno:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Gascón
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:14 pm Fuck Santa Monica, CA, and their leftist, pro communist, anti American government. Using a Russian Mig 29 to to promote the flyover of the Superbowl. :ohno:
Super Bowl